Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Klein's offensive numbers (FEI, ESPN efficiency, etc) aren't bad but I think the style of offense he runs is a terrible fit in Texas. 

He runs the ball a lot and his leading receiver this year is a TE. It's a very old-school offense with some power spread looks mixed in. If you got tired of Herman running Ehlinger into the middle of 300 pound lineman boy just wait for Kleinman. 

Me personally, I would want a OC that maximizes the shit load of skill talent in Texas. Maybe he changes his offensive approach. 

Doesn’t seem like an offense 5 star skill players would enjoy 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

For the life of me I cannot begin to understand why Dindy is still on that roster. That dude needs a fresh start somewhere. 

Who is going to pay anything for a guy coming off knee surgery that hasn't shown he is healthy or has any of the explosiveness that made him a five star?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Who is going to pay anything for a guy coming off knee surgery that hasn't shown he is healthy or has any of the explosiveness that made him a five star?

This too. It's approaching 2.5 years since he's played meaningful snaps at any level. Didn't he miss most his SR year in HS? 

10 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Klein is a quality OC.  

He came out trying to run the ball against us as his primary plan.  Then when they got down 20+ started moving it easily with throws.  

Then, needing 6 yards in 3 plays to win the game in OT, he spent the first play on a QB draw that had had zero success the previous 5 times they tried it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s also not a great offense for that fanbase. Their biggest complaint about Jimbo was his ancient slow plodding offense that doesn’t score points and isn’t explosive. Playing a ball control offense focusing on qb runs with that awful OL is going to drive texags to seppuku.

I would like to lower my O/U of Elko/A&M partnership from 3.5 years down to 3 but reserve the right to lower it again should Optimus Klein turn down the offer.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

And Weigman's parents. He's already going to get pummeled in the pocket. Now let's have him carry the ball 10-15 times a game.

If he's going to get smashed anyway, you may as well having him try to gain yardage when he's doing it. 

It's strange. I admire Max Johnson's fortitude for standing in that pocket and getting creamed play after play. I'd consider Weigman an idiot if he exposes himself to that again.

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

It’s also not a great offense for that fanbase. Their biggest complaint about Jimbo was his ancient slow plodding offense that doesn’t score points and isn’t explosive. Playing a ball control offense focusing on qb runs with that awful OL is going to drive texags to seppuku.

I would like to lower my O/U of Elko/A&M partnership from 3.5 years down to 3 but reserve the right to lower it again should Optimus Klein turn down the offer.

This is Tom Herman 2.0. 

Let's play smash mouth football with QB draws and control time of possession with turtling. It's a bit wild how similar this hire is looking to Herman when you compare the assistant hires and now style of play. 

• Hook 'Em 2

aggy “Klein has done a great job at KSU. Look at his numbers! “

How do they reconcile that with their “The Big 12 plays no defense “ narrative?  
That aggy law school they’re opening up is going to crank out some ace litigators. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

aggy “Klein has done a great job at KSU. Look at his numbers! “

How do they reconcile that with their “The Big 12 plays no defense “ narrative?  
That aggy law school they’re opening up is going to crank out some ace litigators. 

It's been open for more than a few years. Who do you think signed off on Jimbo's extension?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That guy is such a buffoon.  Yes, “formidable “. 

Ian Boyd's infatuation with Herman and "smashmouth" football is when I really stopped taking him seriously. I swear that guy got a hard-on talking about "power spread" and "smashmouth football with Ehlinger." 

He was so wrong about the Herman tenure that it's amusing he thinks that style of play is going to work again. 

59 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If it's Klein, I see no way Weigman is on the roster next year. They will be after a transfer QB. One that likes to run the ball. 

Or Klein pulls a Shaka and try’s to run something he has never coached before. I can see this cause the idiots on texags will scream bloody murder if their future heisman winner leaves. 

Edited by Shaddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

They really are going to follow the Mississippi State Zach Arnett gameplan aren't they.  

I just don't know how you can watch Grubb at Washington, Denbrock at LSU, Stein at Oregon, Riley at USC, Sark at Texas, etc and think this is the type of offensive approach you want to take. 

Explosive/dynamic offenses that spread you out with elite WRs is the way everyone should be going if they have the talent base. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If they do get rejected by Klein they should go after Brian Ferentz. Fits the type offense that Elko wants to run. 

We’d all end up dying from laughter. A whole website of Ghosts of LLs

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So is Nolan officially in the portal now?  247 is showing he is.

Screenshot_20231205_201055_Chrome.jpg

The situation is fluid.  

And inflammatory.

Look below.

image.thumb.png.4e25073bc6e4be127e7a51023c7dbcd8.png

image.thumb.png.79ea088bade4ffc042237408a3fd9b3f.png

image.thumb.png.fb010fd7a809ea4df005b116a75341e2.png

And this required a response from ... higher-ups.

image.thumb.png.b5b46cea7a97b0aaf5ea1320498dc8c5.png

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Let's take a look and see how things are going at the top of the "greatest class of all time!!".

Walter Nolan - may/may not enter portal, TBD, looked decent at times, nowhere near 5* ranking.  Going after the highest bid.  Also is soft and always something wrong with him.

Evan Stewart - took the $$$ bag to go play in an offense with a decade of data to show WR's go to fade away.  May/may not portal.  Definitely not lived up to 5* ranking.

Shemar Stewart - has been a rotational player that occasionally flashes.  May/may not portal.  Another guy who hasn't lived up to the 5* ranking.

Gabe Brownlow - hasn't seen the field yet as far as I know.

LT Overton - hardly ever played, in the portal.

Connor Weigman - has promise, has flashed (mostly against g5 teams).  Has been annihilated behind that OL.  Who knows, maybe sticks around??  TBD I guess??

Chris Marshall - 🤣🤣

Denver Harris - 🤣🤣

Anthony Lucas - hit the road after one year.

Enai White - hasn't played much as far as I know.  From the north east so probably a good candidate to portal to E-Rob.

Smoke Bouie - 🤣🤣

PJ Williams - we hardly knew ya'.

Bryce Anderson - looks good.  To bad he didn't end up here.

That's all I'm doing for now.  Feel free to add on.  Geeze is this going to be like that Herman class where only two or three guys end up being contributors?  Don't care, got/had Jimbo.

My takeaway from this list is that we need to find a way to mend fences and get Bryce to Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The situation is fluid.  

And inflammatory.

Look below.

image.thumb.png.4e25073bc6e4be127e7a51023c7dbcd8.png

image.thumb.png.79ea088bade4ffc042237408a3fd9b3f.png

image.thumb.png.fb010fd7a809ea4df005b116a75341e2.png

And this required a response from ... higher-ups.

image.thumb.png.b5b46cea7a97b0aaf5ea1320498dc8c5.png

I'd assume he officially shows up there tomorrow. A&M has 48 hours to enter him in the portal when he submits the paperwork.