Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I won’t hate on a guy for having conviction and sticking to his guns. We’d be better off if more people had a moral/ethical backbone. I will hate on him for risking his career to coach at such a failure of a football school. 

It's fucking weird, man. It's ok to acknowledge that. My Mormon friends got more action than that in high school.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He just can't help himself.  There is absolutely no way, in any universe, that Collin Klein moves the needle with recruits.  None.

Their culture is the problem. It has always been the problem. It always will be the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Yes, he's pretty much what Klein likes at QB. Get ready for a lot of this aggy. 

It's not like Klieman isn't going to run a similar offense. I'm curious if the driving force behind Avery going to KSU was Klein, Klieman, or the school itself 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

I won’t hate on a guy for havinf conviction and sticking to his guns. We’d be better off if more people had a moral/ethical backbone. 

Sure. But I also think not changing your opinions when presented with new data or opportunitie, or that things change, isn't necessarily something to crow about either. My 6 year old is fucking convicted that mustard is awful and sushi is terrible. He also, depending on the circumstances, doesn't like melted cheese, thinks The News, is boring, and doesn't see a need to do his homework. 

And if you want to try and tell me a 14 year old isn't still a child I will laugh in your fucking face. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

WTF do Texas HS coaches know about Klein.  He grew up in Colorado, played and coached in Kansas. 

This is an excellent fucking point as well. The idea that Texas HS coaches are rushing to text Billy Liucci about a fucking hire for a guy with no Texas ties is fucking laughable. That guy is approaching serial liar at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's not like Klieman isn't going to run a similar offense. I'm curious if the driving force behind Avery going to KSU was Klein, Klieman, or the school itself 

Klein. Their offense was similar before Klein (run heavy) but they didn't really use the QB that much in the run game. Skylar Thompson didn't run the ball much in '21. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

WTF do Texas HS coaches know about Klein.  He grew up in Colorado, played and coached in Kansas. 

Yeah, but Kansas St has signed 2 high school players from Texas in both the 2022 and 2023 classes. And they have two Texas high school commits in the 2024 class. You stupid sip.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is an excellent fucking point as well. The idea that Texas HS coaches are rushing to text Billy Liucci about a fucking hire for a guy with no Texas ties is fucking laughable. That guy is approaching serial liar at this point. 

Approaching? Liucci should run for office. He’d make all the liars blush. 

Hell, maybe he already is and just can’t tell anyone about it. 

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

Is Will Howard a done deal? It seems like USC is looking at every startable QB in the portal

Did Avery Johnson go to KSU because of Klein? 

Klein was listed as the primary recruiter for him and Klieman told him he was the future at QB which is why HOward and co hit the bricks

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

How's that Plan 2024 From Outer Space Working out for you?

1. Hold the '22 class together.
  2. Replace the only faulty element (coaching) with all stars.
  3. "Maintain" advantages they've had over Texas for 12 years and welcome them to the SEC with a loss at Holy Pyle Kroger.
55 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It’s clear that Looch doesn’t quite know how to approach this hire with the aggy faithful. Notice how he doesn’t use any adjectives to describe Klein. He only describes the type of texts he’s receiving and continues on about how they are ‘raving’ about the hire. looch is in a tough spot here trying to spin this. But he’s done it successfully many times over the years. Let’s see how this plays out.

Since you posted this, William has posted another claim about raving high school coaches. I think this may be specious. I think William maybe had a couple of coaches text him raving to keep the claim from being an outright lie.

How many coaches have Billy Liucci on speed dial/text?

How many Texas high school coaches are studying Klein's offense so they can start dominating their districts?

Would a number of Texas high school coaches volunteer via text to William that Klein will be a hit with recruits?

I hope he's never complained when real journalists at real publications quote sources they can't name. I hope he doesn't read this because William might beat me up. :(

ETA: Way too slow with the second bit. Not surprised. Easy  to spot a lying sack of shit.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

The starter in '21 for K-State (Skylar Thompson) had 47 carries. 

Then in '22 the QB run game really picked up (Martinez) had 111 carries and in '23 (Howard) had 81 carries. Klein looks like he wants to run the QB much more than Kleiman or last previous OC's that he hired. 

Edit: Looking at rushing attempts by the QB in '20 and '19 they did run a lot with the QB. So maybe that will still be a big part of K-State's offense. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, but Kansas St has signed 2 high school players from Texas in both the 2022 and 2023 classes. And they have two Texas high school commits in the 2024 class. You stupid sip.

i did some quick research on this over in the Tell me about A&M thread

spoilered text below

Spoiler

the (Looch) tweet made me curious - Collin Klein has been at KSU in some capacity as a coach since 2017. here are the offensive players from Texas they have signed since then:

• 2017: an APB named Bernard Goodwater from Carter, ranked #179 in Texas, Chabastin Taylor a WR from Giddings ranked #219
  • 2018: John Holcombe a dual threat QB from Summer Creek/Humble, #107 in Texas, Christian Duffie OT the same school #145 in Texas, Kaitori Levestton, OT from Waco Midway #148 in TX, Malik Knowles WR from Lake Ridge #235 in Texas
  • *Klieman is hired* 2019: Chris Herron an ATH from Langham Creek #66 in TX, Konner Fox a TE from SA Reagan #127, Trevor Stange OG from Coppel #215
  • 2020: RB Deuce Vaughn #157 in TX, WR Jaelon Travis #306 in TX
  • 2021: Brenen Hawkins WR from Colleyville Heritage #174 in TX
  • 2022: Drake Bequeaith OT from Grapevine #182 in TX,
  • 2023: Wesley Watson WR that was #259 in TX from A&M consolidated

Under Snyder they were much more active in Texas than they have been under Klieman.

the point i wanted to make was that Looch is full of shit totally and completely per usual, since so few coaches around the State would have dealt with him in the last say 5 years than they did in 17 and 18 alone.

idk where he his recruiting area is but he isn't listed as the primary for Texas for any of the recent commits (Chris Herron bolded above is the only one they have him listed as the primary on from the full list)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

https://247sports.com/coach/collin-klein-3907/alltimerecruits/

He was only in on one recruit from Texas as well.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Then in '22 the QB run game really picked up (Martinez) had 111 carries and in '23 (Howard) had 81 carries. Klein looks like he wants to run the QB much more than Kleiman or last previous OC's that he hired. 

Edit: Looking at rushing attempts by the QB in '20 and '19 they did run a lot with the QB. So maybe that will still be a big part of K-State's offense. 

as a % of rushes the KSU QBs had ~25-26% of the total team rushes and A&M had about that amount this year, but their offense was kind of wild this year with the QB changes and starting 3 different QBS + the OL being shit.

don't have the chart info and won't but would assume a ton more of the KSU QB rushes were planned ones vs A&M's being more scrambles

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

In 2019, Klieman's first year there, Thompson had 114 carries

In 2021, Howard had 32 carries in 6 games

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

How's that Plan 2024 From Outer Space Working out for you?

1. Hold the '22 class together.
  2. Replace the only faulty element (coaching) with all stars.
  3. "Maintain" advantages they've had over Texas for 12 years and welcome them to the SEC with a loss at Holy Pyle Kroger.

Since you posted this, William has posted another claim about raving high school coaches. I think this may be specious. I think William maybe had a couple of coaches text him raving to keep the claim from being an outright lie.

How many coaches have Billy Liucci on speed dial/text?

How many Texas high school coaches are studying Klein's offense so they can start dominating their districts?

Would a number of Texas high school coaches volunteer via text to William that Klein will be a hit with recruits?

I hope he's never complained when real journalists at real publications quote sources they can't name. I hope he doesn't read this because William might beat me up. :(

Remember that they use the College Station coaches as representative of Texas HS coaches. See: story on CSHS head coach last week. 

I’m sure the College Station Middle School coordinator is on Billy’s speed dial, along with the Bryan High special teams coach, and the JV running backs coach at A&M Consolidated. They’re raving! Raving!

That’s exactly the kind of bullshit Loochie and company pull. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It’s probably just aggy alumni coaches in the HS ranks who will never get past the brainwashing. 

They probably post religiously on TexAgs

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Approaching? Oh, he's well beyond that.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I would say it's a typical over contrast from previous experiment with a hire but they seem to be going above and beyond that contrast. They're trying to create that environment with money and forcing it rather than organically building it. Bold strategy.

In typical fashion, the aggie swings are extremely high beta. They can’t do anything normal, largely because they need the attention.

First, go out and blow the doors off the coaching salary market by offering a guy a 10 year at $75M, fully guaranteed. Then re-up that to an extended 10 and $95M. 

Wait, that didn’t work. Next, shit yourself, panic, fire the guy and try to go even bigger. Get rejected, panic, and snap all the way back to “salt of the earth, does more with less, gets ATM, true X’a and O’s guy who can do REAL. RECRUITING. “ Then fully embrace that direction and declare it the way of the future.  

We’re days away from Liucci starting to imply, subtly at first, that Melko is about substance, while other coaches and programs are merely about flash and style. 

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

Does A&M go after Will Howard now?

That guy is sprinting away from Klein. Was this a joke?

28 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I think they mentioned Max Wright has a Covid year he can use. He’ll be going pro in something other than football, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back. 

The notion that Max Wright is going to wring out like a 7th or 8th year there, doing very little besides date rape as a 25/26 year old man is perfect. That guy is one true aggie. Hopefully he keeps his serial rapist mustache as well. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sure. But I also think not changing your opinions when presented with new data or opportunitie, or that things change, isn't necessarily something to crow about either. My 6 year old is fucking convicted that mustard is awful and sushi is terrible. He also, depending on the circumstances, doesn't like melted cheese, thinks The News, is boring, and doesn't see a need to do his homework. 

And if you want to try and tell me a 14 year old isn't still a child I will laugh in your fucking face. 

Your son is already clearly outpacing you mentally. The news is, and always has been, boring. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You know some of the redass sycophants that love being contacted by Billdo responded with high praise. These are the guys wearing tight fitting, high rising maroon Bike shorts. They wear their whistle to the obligatory 10th grade history class that they teach and make inappropriate comments about the two hot girls in the class to the jocks stuck in that class period with him. They also have no idea who Colin Klein is. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

as a % of rushes the KSU QBs had ~25-26% of the total team rushes and A&M had about that amount this year, but their offense was kind of wild this year with the QB changes and starting 3 different QBS + the OL being shit.

don't have the chart info and won't but would assume a ton more of the KSU QB rushes were planned ones vs A&M's being more scrambles

I hope they’ve ordered Weigman a Mark Kelso helmet. He’ll need it. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

Yeah, I would guess 85% of K-State's QB rushes were designed and 85% of Weigman's rushes were just scrambles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

In 2019, Klieman's first year there, Thompson had 114 carries

In 2021, Howard had 32 carries in 6 games

I edited the previous post to say that it looks like KSU wanted to run the ball a good bit in '19 and '20 with their QB. So maybe that's something that will continue at K-State. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I like how this idiot has some respect on IT but reality is he's no different than any other dipshit aggie.

“We’ve hired a manly man. Not like all those dildo wavers in Asstin. I’d be proud for my daughter to marry Collin Klein. Not embarrassed like I’d be if she married a commie-fag t-sip. Whoop!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

They're running with the 13th out of 14 composite talent narrative but it totally misses the point why K-State has success with that approach. 

They have a bunch of grown men that are in their 4th to 6th year playing college football. That's been Klienman's thing since NDSU and even a K-State thing with Snyder. 

That type of approach does not work when you're more talented since 1) Players leave early and 2) You have a bunch of schools that want your players. K-State has like 7 or 8 RS SRs that are starting and then another 7 or 8 that are 4th year players. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They're running with the 13th out of 14 composite talent narrative but it totally misses the point why K-State has success with that approach. 

They have a bunch of grown men that are in their 4th to 6th year playing college football. That's been Klienman's thing since NDSU and even a K-State thing with Snyder. 

That type of approach does not work when you're more talented since 1) Players leave early and 2) You have a bunch of schools that want your players. K-State has like 7 or 8 RS SRs that are starting and then another 7 or 8 that are 4th year players. 

Ourlads 2-deep, 16 of the starting 22 are upperclassmen with 4+ years of college experience.

Capture.PNG

Edited by HtownHorn

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Ourlads 2-deep, 16 of the starting 22 are upperclassmen with 4+ years of college experience.

Yeah, the narrative that Klein "does more with less" is funny. 

It's more like he keeps things within the margins and uses his 23 year-old football players maturity as a strength versus 19 and 20 year olds. I mean it kind of works at K-State but there's a ceiling to that approach and definitely not something that works at a school with aggys talent. 

59 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He just can't help himself.  There is absolutely no way, in any universe, that Collin Klein moves the needle with recruits.  None.

Oh I don't doubt he is receiving those texts. Those are his redass aggy HS coach posters and sources who love anything that A&M does because its the best durn school in the country. 

23 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Maybe I'm just grouchy, but I despise this cut and paste prolix blather likely originally written by a player's mother. They're empty and embarrassing and largely dishonest.

I've loved my time here at A&M especially the time (real occurence). Thanks for everything, but I think it's best for my football career to move to another program. Best of luck to the dear old Texas Aggies!

You didn't huddle with God during hours of tearful prayer. Keep shit about your journey and God's plan to yourself. Be fucking real.

Better yet, say nothing at all or simply thank you, Texas A&M.

Or just some sort of young person Twitter code that will baffle olds and maybe actually mean something to the youngs.

Be thang fam. Cope de flame. Mem chills. Vamanos! Blurp.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, the narrative that Klein "does more with less" is funny. 

It's more like he keeps things within the margins and uses his 23 year-old football players maturity as a strength versus 19 and 20 year olds. I mean it kind of works at K-State but there's a ceiling to that approach and definitely not something that works at a school with aggys talent. 

He's a very conservative playcaller too.

53 minutes ago, bizzle said:

outside of the joke that is trooper taylor . . . i was growing cautiously optimistic about this offensive staff until i saw that ian boyd liked it. fuck.

Ian has an infatuation with coaches that utilize the QB run game. He was insufferable about Herman and Ehlinger until he realized that shit doesn't work. The fact he's repeating these same narratives with Klein is 1) amusing 2) shouldn't make any aggy feel good. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

This screams like a guy who will relate perfectly to recruits.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"This high school coach calls me...this big tough coach out of central casting...and he's crying."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ian has an infatuation with coaches that utilize the QB run game. He was insufferable about Herman and Ehlinger until he realized that shit doesn't want. The fact he's repeating these same narratives with Klein is 1) amusing 2) shouldn't make any aggy feel good. 

J Whitt to Safety
RoJo to Linebacker

Sips are focusing too much on C-Kle's coaching. He knows how to beat tu because he went 3-0 as a player. He excelled in the passing game right off the bat because he completed 100% of his passes his fish year. Bet you didn't know he didn't throw in incompletion until the fourth game of his sophomore year, and it was only one incompletion for that entire game. In 10 games as a sophomore he didn't throw an incompletion in 6 of them! That's the kind of passing game he's bring to C-Stat.  Dude ran for 5 TDs against the shorthorns so he knows the running game. Passing. Running. Beating tu. That's what Coll-Kle does in Coll-Stat!!!

And if that doesn't sell you on him, it was written in the stars in 2012 baby! 12th man and Johnny Football approved!

spacer.png

• Haha 6