Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is an excellent fucking point as well. The idea that Texas HS coaches are rushing to text Billy Liucci about a fucking hire for a guy with no Texas ties is fucking laughable. That guy is approaching serial liar at this point. 

Maybe they all thought they hired this Coach Klein. It would make more sense. 

image.jpeg.ecaf133c1620ad2a1dd361334caf01e9.jpeg

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, South Austin said:

High school coaches have been texting Billy Luicci raving about the possibility of hiring Alex Grinch as DC.

Oh please please, let aggy get Grinch for Christmas and all of Surly will be like:

Grinch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

10 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Kansas State's record vs Texas since Collin Klein joined their coaching staff: 0-7

Kansas State's record vs Texas the nine meetings prior: 7-2

Advantage aggy

7 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

He got a fucking nmsu tattoo. He probably drowning in Hatch chile they he will never leave. 

Jerry Kill suffers from uncontrolled epilepsy. So he's probably not in the right state of mind most of the time. He was the guy eating an ice cream bar in the middle of a snow storm in Minneapolis.

Also hatch chile is overrated and New Mexico is a massive shithole.

7 hours ago, NoName said:

guess no portal for Bryce lol

image.png.a98751bfd091a53c8d0284a32a1b366e.png

that's some funny shit.

Live footage of Bryce:

Sucked Through A Portal Lisa Loud GIF - Sucked Through A ...

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone please show me a social media or any posting from a player where they are "openly stating the prices they're looking for <sic>." 

I'm serious. Someone fucking show me one, just one. 

YARN | (WHISTLES) Fairy dust. It doesn't exist. | The Wolf of Wall Street  (2013) | Video gifs by quotes | 2b10adee | 紗

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

I am dying right now. LOL at the office. That plea from Liucci is absolutely fucking hilarious. He's like Lochlan from Braveheart at the Battle of Stirling scene: "Stop, men! Do not flee!" and meanwhile players are in a full blown sprint towards the portal. Oh God. He is panicking, you can see it in that out-of-character overt pleading. 

Here's the beauty, as always: These idiots pulled the bookshelf on themselves here. They didn't have to fire Fisher when they did it. And they didn't have to completely lack a plan when they did the firing. 

It is obvious that they convinced themselves somewhere along the way that just throwing money at their problems will solve all of them. Sometimes, though, when you don't know what in the fuck you are doing and have no plans to mitigate any of your risks besides money, all you're doing is throwing good money after bad. That's why that expression exists. 

I like the Braveheart reference, but this is the first thing that came to mind for me

Remain-calm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.png

I’ve never seen Liucci sound or be so dejected in my life and I watched 4 minutes of it and fast forwarded for bits.    Most clips we see him sunshine pumping a shit situation and he spinning it really good.  He fail miserably here.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You’re wrong. That dude was some shitty LB out of a Carolina or FL, I think his name was Seager, or something similar, maybe? He didn’t even end up in atms class that year, if I’m not mistaken. 

You’re right, it was this stud. Stats don’t tell the story here. The tape does. and the tape tells me that Billy absolutely nailed this eval. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5385cfbbf4b15bd24ac743dacecfe754.jpeg

Edited by Chef Bezos
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’ve never seen Liucci sound or be so dejected in my life and I watched 4 minutes of it and fast forwarded for bits.    Most clips we see him sunshine pumping a shit situation and he spinning it really good.  He fail miserably here.  

Love the opening bit about Billy watching KSU “carve up” the Texas defense. Fun facts from that game:

- KSU offense was gifted three turnovers from the Texas offense. Yards and scores look a lot different without those  but anyway:

- KSU was 2/13 on 3rd down, but averaged around 50% for the year

- KSU had 357 total yards but averaged 446 YPG for the year

- KSU gained 30 yards rushing but averaged 199 YPG for the year 

But he just had to pick that game to get his followers excited about Klein haha  

Also David’s comment “Klein wants balance, but balance with a purpose” lol wut 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Love the opening bit about Billy watching KSU “carve up” the Texas defense. Fun facts from that game:

- KSU offense was gifted three turnovers from the Texas offense. Yards and scores look a lot different without those  but anyway:

- KSU was 2/13 on 3rd down, but averaged around 50% for the year

- KSU had 357 total yards but averaged 446 YPG for the year

- KSU gained 30 yards rushing but averaged 199 YPG for the year 

But he just had to pick that game to get his followers excited about Klein haha  

Also David’s comment “Klein wants balance, but balance with a purpose” lol wut 

They also had 7 points through the first 43-44 game minutes. Had a good drive followed by two horrible turnover gifts from Texas deep in Texas territory to put up 20 points in 4 game minutes to get back in it- then only scored a fg the rest of the game. I Don’t know how anyone could see them carve up the defense when they were either getting stopped or having 20 yard td drives for the vast majority of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I just watched Napoleon, so with some historical context I can rank the 2022 aggy recruiting class with some relatively equal events:

1. Invasion of Russia

2. 2022 aggy recruiting class

3. Reign of Terror

4. Battle of Waterloo

Would you rank Colin Klein’s 4th down decision in the Texas game this year above or below the decision to invade Russia in the winter?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They also had 7 points through the first 43-44 game minutes. Had a good drive followed by two horrible turnover gifts from Texas deep in Texas territory to put up 20 points in 4 game minutes to get back in it- then only scored a fg the rest of the game. I Don’t know how anyone could see them carve up the defense when they were either getting stopped or having 20 yard td drives for the vast majority of the game. 

aggy are experts when it comes to seeing what they want to see. It's how we get spectacular things like the rise and fall of jimbo

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

aggy are experts when it comes to seeing what they want to see. It's how we get spectacular things like the rise and fall of jimbo

Maybe that's what he means when he writes:

image.png.2aeb925104990126a750760c652afd9c.png

Our talent to convert reality into delusional expectations.

He's certainly using that talent to appraise the Aggie roster.

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know how anyone could see them carve up the defense when they were either getting stopped or having 20 yard td drives for the vast majority of the game. 

They didn't, and Billy knows they didn't.

He also knows that his members are simpletons who will hear him say that, look at the final score being close, and accept it as truth.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

This is where the Illiterati are, tonight ... 

image.thumb.png.b783c751fde27849c00e71d8cbbf61b1.png

Yeah, because Brock Purdy is running QB power & counter 15 times/game. 

Let’s compare the most versatile offense in the NFL to a 7-5 college team who’s hemorrhaging players. 

Keep up those expectations, aggy. I’m sure they won’t let you down or madden you to make rash and perplexing decisions. Oh, wait…

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Haha 2

haven't seen this posted anywhere so adding it here since it's at least relevant.

A&M/Elko hired Derek Miller as the GM and Shaun Cook as the DPP as well as some other dudes from Duke to fill out the personnel dept.

thanks again Bjork for publicly confirming that A&M is a bunch of broke boys before the coach was hired and that they will be skimping as much as possible anywhere they possibly can. bringing over basically your entire back of house leadership/player personnel team from Duke of all places? lol

---

Sources: Mike Elko, Texas A&M make key personnel move

Shaun Cook set to slide into No. 2 personnel role
  •  
Spoiler

Less than two weeks since landing the job and just two weeks until the NCAA's early signing period, Mike Elko is making another hire for an integral off-the-field role.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Shaun Cook is headed to College Station, Texas, to serve as Elko's and Texas A&M's assistant director of player personnel.

Cook worked side-by-side at Duke with Elko and Derek Miller, who also has rejoined Elko with the Aggies in a general manager role.

A University of Tennessee graduate, Cook also logged experience at UConn.

The Aggies are working to close strong on a 2024 signing class that presently ranks No. 17 nationally, per the industry-standard 247Sports Composite. They currently have 18 commitments.

Updating, additional sources also tell FootballScoop that Elko, Miller and Cook will be reunited in College Station, Texas, with the additions of Allen Gaudet and Oscar Monnier into the Aggies' personnel department.

Both also were on staff at Duke. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This recruitment has been really odd. Outside of just overt money being dropped (which I can't rule out), I don't understand the appeal for McKinley to aggy. Is he more of a small town kid? Does he just hate LSU? Does he find Bo Davis to be menacing? Only his hairdresser knows for sure. 

Right now the pitch is he can start as a freshman on both defense and offense.  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why do you do this to me?

I think the key thing is that things be funny. Any remark, post, exclamation, death rattle, diversion, or blasphemhy is fine if it's at least funny.

It's the tedium that I loathe rather than some priggish devotion to rules that drives me.

But, if it ruins your day and makes you hate ol' RomaVicta, of course, I'll try to change my ways. I'm not going to say that I can't be annoying. Sometimes I annoy myself. That God for my good looks!

Edited by RomaVicta

57 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

They didn't, and Billy knows they didn't.

He also knows that his members are simpletons who will hear him say that, look at the final score being close, and accept it as truth.

Only the PhD candidates will bother to look up the score. They're scholars, after all.

I could only make it so far through the emergency Looch but one notable thing he said was that Elko was deeply involved in the assistant / support staff hiring process from beginning to end whereas Jimbo would just call up Jimmy Sexton. Or at least he said something to that effect. What a fucking grift Jimbo was on. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I could only make it so far through the emergency Looch but one notable thing he said was that Elko was deeply involved in the assistant / support staff hiring process from beginning to end whereas Jimbo would just call up Jimmy Sexton. Or at least he said something to that effect. What a fucking grift Jimbo was on. 

Billy is a bullshit artist that is always all in on the current regime and always all out on the past regime.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why do you do this to me?

32 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think the key thing is that things be funny. Any remark, post, exclamation, death rattle, diversion, or blasphemhy is fine if it's at least funny.

It's the tedium that I loathe rather than some priggish devotion to rules that drives me.

But, if it ruins your day and makes you hate ol' RomaVicta, of course, I'll try to change my ways. I'm not going to say that I can't be annoying. Sometimes I annoy myself. That God for my good looks!

Both of you need to chili the fuck out, maybe hatch this out offline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I bet Jimbo took a percentage.