Tom Herman is worse than Donald J Trump: Convince me I'm wrong [NO FOOTBALL]

immamac

Tom Herman is clearly Hilary Clinton. Has unlimited resources and only has to beat a historically shitty Big 12 and he hires a bunch of fucking morons to run his team and doesn’t even bother to campaign in Wisconsin and completely shits the bed. At least Donald Trump won something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would take a President Herman over President Trump in a heatbeat. Much less of an existential threat with the nuclear football in his hands. 

OTOH you might be into something with a coach Trump. He's shown he has a tremendously offensive mind, seems to make passes with impunity and can really enable the Russian attack.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I'm certainly drinking more right now. About 6 fingers into Talisker 10. 

I hope that's Russian for 18.  

They really do both share some gifting similarities.  It's getting to be uncanny.  

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Anyone else see that cornyn ad that said MJ is going to legalize prostitution?

i've only seen the one where mike siegel is going to drive prison buses directly to canyon village at cypress springs and personally release rapists into your daughter's bedroom

Edited by elfenix

i've only seen the one where mike siegel is going to drive prison buses directly to canyon village at cypress springs and personally release rapists into your daughter's bedroom
I don't even have a daughter or live there but consider my pearls clutched and my jimmies rustled

I don't even have a daughter or live there but consider my pearls clutched and my jimmies rustled

Trump’s inaction has directly led to the death of two of my mentors and suffering and death for several other people in my life. I know kids in physical therapy due to prolonged intubation. So much death and suffering.

His tanking economy killed off numerous likely job prospects for me this spring. The job market vanished. Long efforts in improving my economic situation vanished, and I’m one of the lucky ones to have a good, stable job in a tough field. Many of my friends are out of work and struggling to stay afloat. So much economic suffering.

My parents have largely been living isolated, even from their church community, because mask-wearing become a political issue. People are living and dying alone.

Everything is division. The old man that walks everywhere in my little town went from a quirky old man to a racist MAGA hat-wearer. Or rather, he was revealed. On a bigger scale, personal relationships are being destroyed because EVERYTHING, reality itself, is now a political statement.

A significant part of the blame for all of this is on the president. He knew and failed to act. We all knew and he actively worked against us. He continues to work against us (we the people, not democrats or republicans) and stoke division.

Tom Herman makes me a little sad for a few hours on maybe 5 or 6 Saturdays each fall. Life is better when football is fun, but it’s just a game.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Going further in dealing with changing values:

As a Christian, the witness of the American church is dead. How can anyone credibly preach the sacrificial love of the Gospel when they won’t be mildly inconvenienced for their fellow man? Despite the views regularly shared here, the church as an institution is an important part of American success. Trump didn’t cause the church to fall, but he accelerated the decline when he has the power to lead it back.

As a veteran, he’s rejected and mocked our highest values of selfless service. This isn’t simply the disgusting comments that we’ve already forgotten, but the entire transactional nature of his leadership. Large parts of our country have followed his lead on this. Our sense of service to the common, American, good is dead. This death largely falls at his feet.

And I’m an educated white man, so I’ve caught the best of it without dealing with the racism.

Tom Herman is an overpaid football coach.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Mole said:

Going further in dealing with changing values:

As a Christian, the witness of the American church is dead. How can anyone credibly preach the sacrificial love of the Gospel when they won’t be mildly inconvenienced for their fellow man? Despite the views regularly shared here, the church as an institution is an important part of American success. Trump didn’t cause the church to fall, but he accelerated the decline when he has the power to lead it back.

As a veteran, he’s rejected and mocked our highest values of selfless service. This isn’t simply the disgusting comments that we’ve already forgotten, but the entire transactional nature of his leadership. Large parts of our country have followed his lead on this. Our sense of service to the common, American, good is dead. This death largely falls at his feet.

Tom Herman is an overpaid football coach.

It's obviously a joke. I appreciate your posts and perspective, but I wanted to clarify the context for you. The intention of the thread is to be funny not serious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I get it, I’m just pushing back at the concept that this stuff doesn’t actually matter. It sometimes feels like that.

Some people may feel somewhat insulated from this, but it’s very real if you look around.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I literally can’t watch or discuss the team anymore.   I haven’t been on the football board in months.  I washed and waxed the car instead today and I’ll talk politics obsessively all day long.

I originally came to TOS for football from a longhorn football blog.  Take from that what you will.

• Like 1