Tom Herman is worse than Donald J Trump: Convince me I'm wrong [NO FOOTBALL]

immamac

Football thread about only Sam standing for The Eyes is about a half-breath from becoming a Klan rally aimed at lynching our black players.
Jesus Christ

Like, how is that thread okay?

People post stuff like that on the internet or say stuff like that in real life because they feel comfortable that the people they’re talking to are okay with it.

After reading that garbage a lot of y’all are way more aggy and bammer than y’all want to believe.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

People post stuff like that on the internet or say stuff like that in real life because they feel comfortable that the people they’re talking to are okay with it.

After reading that garbage a lot of y’all are way more aggy and bammer than y’all want to believe.

As the Australians say:

Harsh...but fair.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s fucking embarrassing. For all Longhorns, but especially for the pudgy, middle-aged Uncle Ricos on that thread who clearly believe that our student athletes exist for nothing more than the amusement of self-entitled fans. It’s a pretty perfect microcosm of the snowflake right.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Football thread about only Sam standing for The Eyes is about a half-breath from becoming a Klan rally aimed at lynching our black players.
Jesus Christ
let me guess the same dudes that for decades showed late well after the anthem, and bailed for the tailgate or Schultzes during route 44 etc are now all U must StaNd for whols GamE to earn your SpoT guys? right?
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

let me guess the same dudes that for decades showed late well after the anthem, and bailed for the tailgate or Schultzes during route 44 etc are now all U must StaNd for whols GamE to earn your SpoT guys? right?

Yep.

Losers that no one cares about lecturing elite athletes about discipline and gratitude.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:
Jesus Christ

If only it was 44. I stayed for all 66 miserable points that day. I guess I’ve never been much for entitlement. I knew I needed to suffer as others had to be a real fan. Fuck all the those who bail early come late and whinge about “all lives.”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah a lot of those dumbasses belong at aggy. They act like a bunch of soft bitches while trying to call the players weak for standing up for social issues, which inherently takes strength of character. The irony is lost on them I suppose. You can criticize the product on the field without going full racist, shitheads.

EDIT: Thread got locked before I could say my piece there ffs

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That Sam/Eyes thread got racist in a hurry.

There’s a post in there around page 7 that has 20+ upvotes that says only Sam will get a job and be a leader and “most” of the others won’t. You can figure out who the “most” are reading the whole post.

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Michael Jordan?

Cornyn is another one. These Republicans either use the same playbook they've used the last 30 years or now they just make up lies about people, just like Trump. But the stupid ones? are those that believe it. They are so gullible. 

10 minutes ago, Covri said:

There’s a post in there around page 7 that has 20+ upvotes that says only Sam will get a job and be a leader and “most” of the others won’t. You can figure out who the “most” are reading the whole post.

there are also remarks about the athletes 'going back to the shitholes they came from' and the problem being 'they have had no other father figure than Tom Herman' (tied to Tom's shittiness as a coach). 

we are aggy and the EoT is our Sul Ross. damn. 😟

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This makes OU Biden.  Kind of makes sense.  Past his time and hard to watch...but still an easy choice over DJT.  Also should have won by a lot more then they did. 

Hey fuck you sooner faget.

I feel better having typed that.  What a cripple fight today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Covri said:

When people complain about "CR infecting" their forum, it seems like they usually mean "someone is criticizing me for being racist".

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I didn't watch the UTEP game, did all the players stand for the eyes then? It honestly seems to me that they were more pissed about their performance unless trying to make a political statement because I doubt Sam's the only person on that team who likes the Eyes.

Regardless the board has been the same for such a long time that they cannot handle anyone daring to question the deep deep racist history of this country.

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:After reading that garbage a lot of y’all are way more aggy and bammer than y’all want to believe.

Umm . . . Nope. Different universe. 

And just a point of clarification, a Bama fan should never place Alabama on the same level as aggy. Auburn is Alabama aggy. 

The "gratitude" thing is even more galling because it's coming from absolute nobodies who have provided the players with nothing.

I guarantee you that if Sam read that thread he'd be disgusted by the hateful pricks who are championing him the hardest. Those are his teammates. Those are his friends. And we've got a legion of pathetic racist losers screaming at them on his behalf.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The football board is just looking for something or someone to be angry at about today's loss. The players not staying for the Eyes is an easy thing since they whined about the protests and controversy over the Eyes in the summer. The thing I take issue with is people on that board putting it on the black players when all the players, black and white, left the field and Sam was the only one left. Yet they only seem to focus on the black players and use typical codewords for people of color. I told my brother previously, when Texas loses I'm obviously very unhappy but part of me is fine because our fan base really has some shitty fucking people who deserve every bit of misery that comes their way. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The "gratitude" thing is even more galling because it's coming from absolute nobodies who have provided the players with nothing.

I guarantee you that if Sam read that thread he'd be disgusted by the hateful pricks who are championing him the hardest. Those are his teammates. Those are his friends. And we've got a legion of pathetic racist losers screaming at them on his behalf.

Out of rep since I used most of it on you in that thread, asshole, but this is what I was thinking when I was reading that nonsense. Those are some clueless motherfuckers.

Just going with the abortion theme of this thread.  

Now I'm thankful I ran out of +rep.

Edited by Bevo14

1. Losing is really, really hard. Some people take it really poorly. I’m sure alcohol is a factor as well. 

2. Seeing cherished traditions like the Eyes marginalized is a tough pill to swallow. It’s an emotional thing.

3. We’ve bought a lot of romanticized visions of what makes a winner in sports. They’re largely nonsense and might have ugly cultural biases to some of them. 

4. 2020 sucks. Everything is terrible, even the football apparently. This is tough.

5. Racists exist in all walks of life. Most racists don’t consider themselves racist.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The football board is just looking for something or someone to be angry at about today's loss. The players not staying for the Eyes is an easy thing since they whined about the protests and controversy over the Eyes in the summer. The thing I take issue with is people on that board putting it on the black players when all the players, black and white, left the field and Sam was the only one left. Yet they only seem to focus on the black players and use typical codewords for people of color. I told my brother previously, when Texas loses I'm obviously very unhappy but part of me is fine because our fan base really has some shitty fucking people who deserve every bit of misery that comes their way. 

The shittiest part is the people who threaten to quit watching and posting who inevitably don't and just continue to litter the board with incessant negativity.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Mole said:

1. Losing is really, really hard. Some people take it really poorly. I’m sure alcohol is a factor as well. 

2. Seeing cherished traditions like the Eyes marginalized is a tough pill to swallow. It’s an emotional thing.

3. We’ve bought a lot of romanticized visions of what makes a winner in sports. They’re largely nonsense and might have ugly cultural biases to some of them. 

4. 2020 sucks. Everything is terrible, even the football apparently. This is tough.

5. Racists exist in all walks of life. Most racists don’t consider themselves racist.

"So, we're going to replace the Eyes.  With something better, much better."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

So am I correct in my understanding that Sam stayed for the Eyes, and all the rest of the team headed up the tunnel?  Did any other players stay?  Like walk on’s?

All I saw was a photo with only Sam on the field with horns up. I thought he probably got held back from the locker room by a reporter.

others had a more sinister interpretation.  

Edited by washparkhorn

If only it was 44. I stayed for all 66 miserable points that day. I guess I’ve never been much for entitlement. I knew I needed to suffer as others had to be a real fan. Fuck all the those who bail early come late and whinge about “all lives.”
Yeah i was there, i think i was thirsty for a route 44 sonic cherry lime aid yesterday

jfc now the word 'faggot' is being tossed around as an insult. that's about as aggy as you can get. i thought we were well beyond that. holy shit. 

i know it's been talked about before, but i am truly amazed at how much 'hiding in plain site' a certain sect of posters do elsewhere on this board. talk about chickenshit. 🤣 they are literally unable to defend their positions with reason and logic, and they purposely avoid engaging with anyone that will question their position in any way.

it's so obvious! pathetic 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Trump is like an Aggy coach that, every time they lose, his base rationalizes away the loss ("just needed one more quarter," "the crooked TU refs handed them the win," etc.). Even the Aggies get tired of losing, though, so that analogy doesn't really hold. For an accurate analogy, you'd have to imagine that aggy actually gave themselves license to appoint their own winner of each and every game they played, and that the entire population of aggy all agreed to that made up win/loss record. That means if aggy lost 77-0, their base would convince themselves that they actually won a close.

That's what it would take to have a D1 head football coach to be as bad at their job as Donald Trump is at president.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

They're all stirred up in the original thread now, too.

It's super funny.

That thread is basically reset to where it was in June with the same exact conversations and anger that it had back then. The University already said players didn't have to stay and do the song but that won't stop the manbabies from crying because black players don't love the Eyes like they do. Please, please let the University come down hard on the players. It would be great to see what 1969 Longhorns football would look like in present day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

When people complain about "CR infecting" their forum, it seems like they usually mean "someone is criticizing me for being racist".

I went and read some of that thread. Thanks for doing the right thing even when dealing with the people in that thread. If anyone needed a reminder of the racism and ignorance we are up against in this country that thread should do it.

• Hook 'Em 1