The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Fair point, though I personally doubt Anastasis would welch.

I am a degenerate gambler, and I don't welch on bets. 

I wouldn't call anyone to account for me, but I've met Hayden, Mac, troph, brisket, and other posters IRL. Hugo, OTOH? 

I wouldn't lose any sleep over a 1k bet on political nonsense. Shit, I lost a lot more than that on election wagers when Trump beat Clinton.

So let's go Hugo. If you don't want to run straight up with real money. $250 vs. you never posting here again is also a bet on the previous terms. 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, Chooky said:

What happens with the wager if Cohen dies and hayden gets indicted for something?

No pay out.  Cohen dying, I could see. But I don't see hayden getting indicted for anything other than poor taste in cigarettes. 

eta: desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Edited by Anastasis

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am a degenerate gambler, and I don't welch on bets. 

I wouldn't call anyone to account for me, but I've met Hayden, Mac, troph, brisket, and other posters IRL. Hugo, OTOH? 

I wouldn't lose any sleep over a 1k bet on political nonsense. Shit, I lost a lot more than that on election wagers when Trump beat Clinton.

So let's go Hugo. If you don't want to run straight up with real money. $250 vs. you never posting here again is also a bet on the previous terms. 

giphy.gif

Now that a slush fund has been uncovered, please shut the investigation down.  Good luck with that Mike.  Also the timing of Cohen's office getting raided and then Ryan announcing his retirement 2 days later is real interesting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Incredulity said:

This is example A1 of the crap any wager regarding “Russian Collusion” will devolve into.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/30/paul-manafort-indictment-foreign-lobbying-russia-probe-215764

I wouldn’t pretend to be capable of framing a fair wager outline that covered charges specifically regarding the, “OMG Russia fixed 2016 election with Trumps collusion” mission that Mueller is supposed to be on.

Did you have a stroke?  Can you actually form a lucid thought?  Jesus.

10 hours ago, Chooky said:

What happens with the wager if Cohen dies and hayden gets indicted for something?

I want to be Chooky's best friend.  No doubt we've crossed paths at the HEB (surely the Jews did this), but I don't recall any characteristic snark out of the blue.  I do tend to focus too much on the produce, though.

14 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It's pretty fucking simple.  Manafort's indictment doesn't implicate Trump, or his campaign, as to "colluding with Russians".

More charges can always be brought, and we know based on his list of questions for Trump that Manafort has some information pertaining to Manafort reaching out to Russia when he was part of the campaign. What we don't know was whether others at the campaign knew of and authorized it. Of course, we already know about the Trump Tower meeting that Manafort, Kushner, and Don Jr. attended for the purpose of discussing Russian help for their campaign in exchange for a promise to lift sanctions, so I'd say his campaign is already implicated up to its figurative eyeballs.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

I honestly don't care what the end result is regarding Trump and Mueller. 

Trump and his campaign are/was a dumpster fire that really has no modern equivalent.  Except maybe the Dem/Hillary excuse tour.  The longer "the noose tightens" and "indictments are pending" the less value any outcome you are hoping for has.  

19 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The longer "the noose tightens" and "indictments are pending" the less value any outcome you are hoping for has.  

So, if an investigation goes too long, then the outcome has less value.  Interedasting.

atd-indictments-02231.png

And Watergate.  Over two years from the break-in to Nixon's resignation.

We're now at the one year mark for the current process.

Your take is fascinating.  Truly.  Share more of your insight with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

More charges can always be brought, and we know based on his list of questions for Trump that Manafort has some information pertaining to Manafort reaching out to Russia when he was part of the campaign. What we don't know was whether others at the campaign knew of and authorized it.

Let's not forget the fascinating angle being promoted latetely . . . "well, if they WERE colluding they were rogue and not acting on behalf of the campaign".

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, if an investigation goes too long, then the outcome has less value.  Interedasting.

How long was the Bengazi investigation?  The one that resulted in zero indictments?

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's quite obvious the hopes and dreams of the left are "Mueller will save us".  If Dotard is a leadpipe lock as a 1 term president then a resignation after year 3 is pretty much meaningless, policy wise.

Also indicting 13 Russian nationals is fucking laughable as an accomplishment milestone.  

Just now, Incredulity said:

It's quite obvious the hopes and dreams of the left are "Mueller will save us".  If Dotard is a leadpipe lock as a 1 term president then a resignation after year 3 is pretty much meaningless, policy wise.

Also indicting 13 Russian nationals is fucking laughable as an accomplishment milestone.  

Resignation after due process is not a great outcome.

But it's better than either a coup or re-election, so I'll certainly prefer the least-bad option.

Once you've ingested poison, all of the options are bad.  Pick the one that's most likely to keep you alive.  That's where I am.

And I'll mark you down as a "disregard prior evidence" thinker.  It's good to have a track record.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Resignation after due process is not a great outcome.

But it's better than either a coup or re-election, so I'll certainly prefer the least-bad option.

Once you've ingested poison, all of the options are bad.  Pick the one that's most likely to keep you alive.  That's where I am.

And I'll mark you down as a "disregard prior evidence" thinker.  It's good to have a track record.

I'll mark you down as a tinfoil hatter.  It's good to have a track record.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

I'll mark you down as a tinfoil hatter.  It's good to have a track record.

Well...being that there are only a handful of ways to get a leader out of office (resign. removed by impeachment.  removed by force (coup, death, etc.).  loses election)....I, umm, listed the alternatives and stated that they aren't preferable.

See, that's, like, the OPPOSITE of lobbying for or predicting that outcome.

You're not very smart, are you?

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well...being that there are only a handful of ways to get a leader out of office (resign. removed by impeachment.  removed by force (coup, death, etc.).  loses election)....I, umm, listed the alternatives and stated that they aren't preferable.

See, that's, like, the OPPOSITE of lobbying for or predicting that outcome.

You're not very smart, are you?

He's a slightly less trollish version of sheeit. 

@Anastasis Why do you think Mueller isn’t going to indict Cohen in 2018?

Is it because you think Mueller will get fired, or something else?

For me, the Mueller investigation is a black box as far as the timing of indictments dropping.  I can’t tell if he’s saving Cohen charges for the end  but I imagine he’s concluded his investigation into Cohen before the SDNY raid.  

Mueller may even have a sealed indictment on Cohen already but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I think the investigation is going to drag on well into 2019 as well.