The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

On 9/11/2018 at 2:34 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Papadopoulos and his wife have been nothing but douchebags throughout this mess.  They’re still pushing bullshit and alternative narratives on Twitter as of yesterday yesterday.  

It’s almost like he’s intentionally trying to destroy any credibility he might have.

Whatever happened to STFU about ongoing investigations?

It's been pretty clear from jump that Georgie Porgie is nothing but a self-promoter.  It's how he got himself in with Trump, it's how he made himself a target of the investigation, and it's how he got himself indicted and convicted.  He's a moron, and a loud one.

• Like 1

It's been pretty clear from jump that Georgie Porgie is nothing but a self-promoter.  It's how he got himself in with Trump, it's how he made himself a target of the investigation, and it's how he got himself indicted and convicted.  He's a moron, and a loud one.

....with a hot, stupid wife.

So, he scored a few points.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

....with a hot, stupid wife.

So, he scored a few points.

I dunno if she's stupid or loyal.  Maybe both.

One thing that's simultaneously amusing and terrifying is that, as an early target of the investigation, so many were pumping what a mastermind he must be or have been.  And in the final analysis, he is just a stupid pawn. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I dunno if she's stupid or loyal.  Maybe both.

One thing that's simultaneously amusing and terrifying is that, as an early target of the investigation, so many were pumping what a mastermind he must be or have been.  And in the final analysis, he is just a stupid pawn. 

Honey pot.  

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's how he got his hot attention horse wife too apparently. 

The circle is closing.  Hard to believe that Manafort would get a plea agreement and cooperate with Mueller unless there is now a higher target.   Maybe that is Roger Stone but I have to think this lands at Don Jr or Jared soon.   

I would also guess that Manafort is going to hand them a few other lower people as well.  

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

^^^ a higher target ?  How about Vlad.

if Manafort delivers the goods that help go after and severely cuff or takedown  Putin’s Russian mafia state, we should give him 10 acres outside Aspen, a heli pad, armed guards, and a pack of roving Rottweilers.

Yeah, that’s fantasy land but Manafort could give up other Kremlin assets clandestinely working in the U.S. 

That would be something.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, that’s fantasy land but Manafort could give up other Kremlin assets clandestinely working in the U.S. 

That would be something.

Ok, maybe giving him a deserted tariff casualty soy farm outside Omaha is more realistic ;)

In all seriousness, Mueller is laying the foundation for going after international mob (money laundering, offshore banking, political/corporate corruption).  Mueller’s baton passing has already started, and this is the part that could extend over years.

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Ok, maybe giving him a deserted tariff casualty soy farm outside Omaha is more realistic ;)

In all seriousness, Mueller is laying the foundation for going after international mob (money laundering, offshore banking, political/corporate corruption).  Mueller’s baton passing has already started, and this is the part that could extend over years.

That's the daunting possibility -- this is such a complex and far-reaching game (and come on, we all know it is -- it's just a question of whether he can get enough evidence) that it indeed could take years to sort it all out.  That's often the way these things work.  Sure, sometimes there are coordinated raids and arrests, but more often than not, it unfolds over years.

But man, we want it to go down like the end of Goodfellas, one guy after another, in quick succession:

carbone_meattruck.jpg

article-1324653-0BD2BD71000005DC-303_468

hqdefault.jpg

That would be gratifying.  But guys like Mueller don't prosecute for show.  They do it for the clean kills.  If it takes two years to set up the perfect shot, that's what he'll take.

holy crap...who hasnt Mueller flipped in Trump's circle?

Manafort - check

Gates - Check

Cohen - Check

Flynn - Check

Trump Org CFO - Check

National Enqurier - Check

Am I missing someone?

Stone - ?

Sessions?

Pence?

Short of knowing the final result, this investigation has been more successful than I ever thought it would be. It's unbelievable Mueller's team has been able to flip all of the above. Whatever they didnt know before, they know now. 

Edited by Longhorn94

13 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Manafort - check

Gates - Check

Cohen - Check

Flynn - Check

Trump Org CFO - Check

Am I missing someone?

Stone - ?

Sessions?

Pence?

Short of knowing the final result, this investigation has been more successful than I ever thought it would be. It's unbelievable Mueller's team has been able to flip all of the above. Whatever they didnt know before, they know now. 

Mueller must be the greatest detective ever if he managed to get all those guys to plead to crimes they didn't commit since this whole thing is a total witch hunt.  Either he has a shitload of compelling evidence that the Trump campaign was rife with criminals or he's Batman.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Mueller must be the greatest detective ever if he managed to get all those guys to plead to crimes they didn't commit since this whole thing is a total witch hunt.  Either he has a shitload of compelling evidence that the Trump campaign was rife with criminals or he's Batman.   

Yeah yeah he is Batman.  /kramer

4 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Flipping should be illegal /trump

18 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

There had been speculation that nothing big would happen before the election. But if Mueller did have proof of collusion--and if it happened, he has it now--he would feel an obligation to the American people to come forward with it so we can consider it in voting. Hold on to your butts.

I don’t think the election plays into Mueller’s calculations.  He’s going to do everything by the book and get it right regardless of how much time it takes.  

However, since Manafort is now on team America, the dominos should start to fall quicker. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

Manafort - check

Gates - Check

Cohen - Check

Flynn - Check

Trump Org CFO - Check

Am I missing someone?

Stone - ?

Sessions?

Pence?

He's also banging Melania.

• Like 2

I don't have time to dig it up but I remember Hugo posting on Shaggy Seth Abramson tweets on how this investigation is like taking down the mom and how it would play out starting with lower level players and working it's way up with successive flipping. That's what we re seeing and there's not much farther to go up. I think it's clear now the President is the target here.

11 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Read that Manaforts plea requires him to cooperate with state investigations in NY and Va.  

Any rulings would be out of the scope of Trump's pardon power. 

Jr and Kush are going to jail.

Yes, absolutely.

Good lawsplainer thread about Manfort's plea deal:

cont. 

Spoiler

2. Each of those two counts carries a five year maximum sentence, so the maximum sentence for these guilty pleas is 10 years. Manafort agrees that under the Sentencing Guidelines, the recommended sentencing range would be above 10 years -- specifically 210-262 months.

3. Manafort agrees not to challenge that calculation, even though no sentence above 10 years could be imposed in DC. The Government agrees to recommend that the the sentence for the DC case and the Virginia convictions run concurrently.

4. The recommendation for concurrent time is not binding on either the DC or Virginia court.

5. Manafort agrees to cooperate with Special Counsel's Office (aka "the Government") and "other law enforcement authorities identified by the Government in any and all matter as to which the Government deems the cooperation relevant."

6. That means that Special Counsel Mueller can require Manafort to cooperate with state law enforcement authorities in New York or Virginia.

7. Because POTUS"s pardon power does not reach convictions under state law, that means that Manafort could be required to cooperate in prosecutions of individuals that POTUS could not pardon.

8. That creates an avenue for potential prosecution of the others (Jared Kushner, Donald Jr.) who attended the 2016 Trump Tower Meeting with the Russians that would be outside of the pardon power.

9. The plea agreement enumerates six broad categories of cooperation that Manafort is required to provide.

10. One of the things that Manafort is required to provide is "to participate in undercover activities pursuant to the specific instructions of law enforcement agents or the Government."

11. The "undercover" requirement is certainly an artifact of standard language in the template for cooperating plea agreements. No one could be so foolish as to fall for Manafort as an undercover source at this point.

12. Sentencing Leverage By Special Counsel Mueller. Manafort will not be sentenced until after his cooperation is completed. That process may take years.

13. Until the cooperation is complete, the additional charges in Virginia where the jury was hung will remain pending. After the cooperation is complete, they will be dismissed if Special Counsel Mueller is satisfied with the cooperation.

14. If the Government is not satisfied with Manafort's cooperation, it can rip up the entire agreement. Manafort agreed to the forfeiture of $45 million in assets, including his apartment in Trump Tower. This more than covers the cost of the Special Counsel's investigation.

15. In language that appears to cover the possibility of later pardon, the plea agreement specifically provides that the forfeitures "will survive him notwithstanding the abatement of any underlying criminal conviction.

16. Manafort agrees to drop his challenge to the Virginia convictions and not to appeal anything about the sentencing in the DC case. /end

• Like 3

The real blossom in this investigation that sends total indictments through the roof stands to be FARA violations - 22 U.S. Code Subchapter II - Registration of Foreign Propagandists.

Think consider the role Sean Hannity plays at Fox News (and the service Fox News provides overall) keeping in mind his conjoined existence with Trump, Michael Cohen, etc.  

Now look at this related to Ben Shapiro and extrapolate:

More potential FARA indictments flowering:

And for the MAGAts, yes, Tony Podesta likely ends up in that meat grinder too.

I'll take the over.

The real blossom in this investigation that sends total indictments through the roof stands to be FARA violations - 22 U.S. Code Subchapter II - Registration of Foreign Propagandists.

Think consider the role Sean Hannity plays at Fox News (and the service Fox News provides overall) keeping in mind his conjoined existence with Trump, Michael Cohen, etc.  

Now look at this related to Ben Shapiro and extrapolate:

[/url]  

More potential FARA indictments flowering:

And for the MAGAts, yes, Tony Podesta likely ends up in that meat grinder too.

I'll take the over.

Quick poll...for those of us who believe the Trump admin is a criminal enterprise and needs to be taken down, will you shed a single tear if Tony Podesta and even other significant Dems go down too?

Because I won’t. I’m on team USA, fuck team treason, whatever their goals might have been.

• Like 3

Quick poll...for those of us who believe the Trump admin is a criminal enterprise and needs to be taken down, will you shed a single tear if Tony Podesta and even other significant Dems go down too?

Because I won’t. I’m on team USA, fuck team treason, whatever their goals might have been.

Something to keep in mind: Manafort brought US lobbying to the Ukraine, not the other way around. This investigation is pulling back the curtain on how the sausage is made in lobbying, and we’re seeing the cockroaches over everything. So, yeah, grab that big fucking can of Raid and go to work.