The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

None of that matters. I’d be shocked if Twitter hasn’t been served and compelled to preserve several individuals’ Tweets. Nothing is ever deleted.

How wonderfully disfunctional they are when Republicans complaining about Twitter and Facebook censoring their posts and groups as hate speech are now trying to purge their comments fearing it will somehow be incriminating. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

The timing does seem like more than a coincidence, but what do they gain or what is their goal by going dark?  Were they previously tweeting self incriminating content?

Let's say your "too big to know all the hell your big company is up to" company gets notified of illegal activity.  It might create a little space for deniability if you immediately shut down said illegal activity when it is brought to your attention by the Feds.  Let's suppose in this case illegal activity is a coordinated multi-platform media messaging propaganda operation with creative design based in hostile places where it is suggested that such activity, if it ever happened, would be military in nature and not prosecutable.  In that case, you might shunt the propaganda funnel into the dirt and show a different face, kind of like Fox News website did over the last few days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Let's say your "too big to know all the hell your big company is up to" company gets notified of illegal activity.  It might create a little space for deniability if you immediately shut down said illegal activity when it is brought to your attention by the Feds.  Let's suppose in this case illegal activity is a coordinated multi-platform media messaging propaganda operation with creative design based in hostile places where it is suggested that such activity, if it ever happened, would be military in nature and not prosecutable.  In that case, you might shunt the propaganda funnel into the dirt and show a different face, kind of like Fox News website did over the last few days.

If the moon was made of cheese, would you eat it? It’s a simple question. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

The timing does seem like more than a coincidence, but what do they gain or what is their goal by going dark?  Were they previously tweeting self incriminating content?

Better answer above, but I would imagine they had tweeted/retweeted some stuff over the past few years that in hindsight they shouldn’t have, and/or there were direct communications (email, DMs, etc.) between people associated with the twitter accounts and people being investigated   

We don’t know if it was just the main FNC account that drew attention, there were a lot of accounts associated with FNC, as well as just who all had access to that account   

Hell, it could just be somebody associated with their digital/online group did something shady, and everything was frozen and FNC folks locked out to preserve evidence. 

Considering how often Fox News was tweeting BEFORE they stopped (I just counted 53 tweets on November 8, the day they stopped), there HAS to be some reason.  They've posted 419 THOUSAND tweets since March, 2007.  Spitballing it, that's about 105 tweets per day, every day, for 11.5 years. And now ... radio silence.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

If the moon was made of cheese, would you eat it? It’s a simple question. 

I like your short retorts.  stick to those !

Here's a similar (not identical but related) action/reaction, in response to being notified by the Feds last week.  Military grade Russian propaganda is still piping in on multiple platforms of course, but now it's accountability time for those stateside who won't deign to comply.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I like your short retorts.  stick to those !

Here's a similar (not identical but related) action/reaction, in response to being notified by the Feds last week.  Military grade Russian propaganda is still piping in on multiple platforms of course, but now it's accountability time for those stateside who won't deign to comply.

Is “military grade” propaganda better than civil grade propaganda?  Are there other grades?

And I do see your point. It is obvious that  Facebook disabling some accounts  means that Fox News stopped tweeting because they’re about to get ensnared by Mueller. 

Lmao, so the Russian government is hiding behind the justification that their actions were acts of war, but we still have trump claiming that nothing happened?
Rather incongruous ideas. 

Nah. It’s a very lawyerly answer of “even if we did what you’re accusing us of, it would be protected. So we’re not even going to bother saying anything more right now.”

31 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Is “military grade” propaganda better than civil grade propaganda?  Are there other grades?

And I do see your point. It is obvious that  Facebook disabling some accounts  means that Fox News stopped tweeting because they’re about to get ensnared by Mueller. 

It simply illustrates that there is an ongoing multi-pronged, multi-platformed psychological assault by Russia on the American collective conscience.  The attack is clearly ongoing and unceasing, not limited in time to election windows, or visibly to any one face.  

If entities like Fox News, Wikileaks, Facebook, National Enquirer, Drudge, Brad Parscale, Jill Stein, etc. were in any way involved in permitting or profiting from mutually coordinated amplification of RUS engineered propaganda messaging through their web content, twitter accounts, FB accts, advertising, network personas like Hannity etc., yes they will be drawing the intense scrutiny of Mueller.   See FARA law violations.  Or see a wider net snaring individuals via 18 U.S.C. § 371, Conspiracy to defraud the United States.   

When you see people freeze doing what they were doing, it grabs your attention.  It's often what you see when caught red handed because persisting would be...bad.

And then there's probably some ruble trails to run down, known to the NRA, for starters.

11 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It simply illustrates that there is an ongoing multi-pronged, multi-platformed psychological assault by Russia on the American collective conscience.  The attack is clearly ongoing and unceasing, not limited in time to election windows, or visibly to any one face.  

If entities like Fox News, Wikileaks, Facebook, National Enquirer, Drudge, Brad Parscale, Jill Stein, etc. were in any way involved in permitting or profiting from mutually coordinated amplification of RUS engineered propaganda messaging through their web content, twitter accounts, FB accts, advertising, network personas like Hannity etc., yes they will be drawing the intense scrutiny of Mueller.   See FARA law violations.  Or see a wider net snaring individuals via 18 U.S.C. § 371, Conspiracy to defraud the United States.   

When you see people freeze doing what they were doing, it grabs your attention.  It's often what you see when caught red handed because persisting would be...bad.

And then there's probably some ruble trails to run down, known to the NRA, for starters.

I believe this is correct. Because to continue to do it after you know it’s being accused against you as a crime would be further evidence of intent to commit the original crime itself. 

Multiple lawyers probably advised them to shut it all down. 

Considering how often Fox News was tweeting BEFORE they stopped (I just counted 53 tweets on November 8, the day they stopped), there HAS to be some reason.  They've posted 419 THOUSAND tweets since March, 2007.  Spitballing it, that's about 105 tweets per day, every day, for 11.5 years. And now ... radio silence.

A different possibility: After Hannity campaigned with Trump ahead of the midterms, there were reports that several FoxNews personalities were pissed off. It’s possible management clamped down on social media to avoid airing dirty laundry. Doesn’t explain the other conservative outlets going quiet.

I’ve speculated before that I think some folks in media would get wrapped up in this, so the Mueller angle wouldn’t surprise me. But, there are other possibilities.

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

A different possibility: After Hannity campaigned with Trump ahead of the midterms, there were reports that several FoxNews personalities were pissed off. It’s possible management clamped down on social media to avoid airing dirty laundry. Doesn’t explain the other conservative outlets going quiet.

I’ve speculated before that I think some folks in media would get wrapped up in this, so the Mueller angle wouldn’t surprise me. But, there are other possibilities.

The Fox News personalities are still tweeting tho.

It’s only the official company accounts going dark

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

It’s possible management clamped down on social media to avoid airing dirty laundry. Doesn’t explain the other conservative outlets going quiet.

Management was approving everything posted through the official company accounts.  They were tweeting around a hundred tweets a day for years, which means they had a pretty strict process in place to prevent anybody mucking around, and it probably required multiple managers to sign off on tweets, with the occasional lawyer chiming in.

Rupert and Thompson meet with McConnell sometime at or before 11:33am Eastern, depending on when The NY Times journalist posted that photo of the meeting  

Last Fox News tweet at 1:18pm Eastern.

FNC twitter going from 100+ tweets a day for years, suddenly going dark a few hours after Murdoch and Thompson met with McConnell.....somebody was probably raided or arrested at Fox News.  

Would any of us be surprised if Don Jr was emailing back and forth with FNC execs?  Or Roger Stone or Gorka or any of those types?  That doesn’t even touch the NRA angle.

11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

They got jack shit on Hugo.

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

No. When people shut up for no apparent reason and with no valid explanation given it’s almost always because lawyers told them to.

They all got accidentally signed out of their accounts and forgot their passwords.  Since they used a fake email address for password retrieval they are locked out for good.  Happens to everyone.

7 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

This thread is the biggest cocktease since Saban.  

I think it's closer to the "9-11 was an inside job!" and "Saddam has WMDs" stories Hugo was filling message boards with previously.  He'll jump on another one once this one loses steam.  He's  tempering expectations and even bothered to change his avatar so even he's starting to realize it's close to over.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, udaydanceparty said:

I think it's closer to the "9-11 was an inside job!" and "Saddam has WMDs" stories Hugo was filling message boards with previously.  He'll jump on another one once this one loses steam.  He's  tempering expectations and even bothered to change his avatar so even he's starting to realize it's close to over.

Bookmarked for the lulz

7 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Bookmarked for the lulz

2159903_1.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea you know, aside from the indictments and convictions already handed down it’s exactly like that

Yes all those high ranking officials doing hard time in the federal pound you in the ass prisons.  Trump will be taken down any day now... For guys like George P, it was a net positive for their careers.

You must have been too young to have seen all those "chemical stockpile" stories popping up on the news and the mountain of evidences stories.  It's okay.. you'll be an adult through this one.

• Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, udaydanceparty said:

The little pussies who neg rep anything that ruffles their pin feathers is always amusing.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1