Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Hager, Vahe, Beck and Chris Nelson will be at media say with Herman. 

Nelson going as a “see you’re important, don’t leave” guy? 

Or to give a carefully prepped "I stayed with the program because this is a special place and I believe in this staff and this team" sort of pump-up narrative

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

"Dumbass" is an understatement when describing Sam's late game decision making last season. If that gets cleaned up and he can secure wins then we are set moving forward but don't act like this type of improvement is a given.

Dumbass is also an understatement when describing a person who thinks throwing another freshman QB into action before he's ready is a good idea.

Edited by TriStone

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Fuck that noise, no one wants a True FR playing at QB or OL. I don't see the problem with questioning a SO & JR who are have not proven anything and have disturbing film but get on with it.

I don't even like freshmen in college playing on surly. Give them a year to get acclimated and observe. Then their sophomore year hope they have matured and learned enough not to be dumbasses and ruin my experience.

25 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't even like freshmen in college playing on surly. Give them a year to get acclimated and observe. Then their sophomore year hope they have matured and learned enough not to be dumbasses and ruin my experience.

Freshmen? Hell, half the posters on here never even sniffed a college, let alone Texas; they're T-shirt Surlys.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

This goes double for starting game threads.  Use the damn team names.  Throw in a network and game time if you want to get fancy.  

Edited by SDG
  • Like 1

Surprisngly views that have been shared recently on this thread: 

• Fuck Chip Brown articles have merit and should be shared for their informative and useful content 
  • Limited playing time at the end of a spring scrimmage against walk-ons has revealed that our most talented QB is a true freshman
  • Kate Upton is not considered attractive by men who are purportedly heterosexual
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

• Fuck Chip Brown articles have merit and should be shared for their informative and useful content 
  • Limited playing time at the end of a spring scrimmage against walk-ons has revealed that our most talented QB is a true freshman
  • Kate Upton is not considered attractive by men who are purportedly heterosexual

HEY!!!!

I resemble that comment!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I think you should consider writing a similar synopsis for every 30 pages on this thread. Will save us a lot of time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Yeah, if you think Kate Upton looks like a cereal box with big titties, and the thought of dibeetus doesn’t cross your mind...gay

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From TFB: http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/07/open-post-tuesday-july-10th/

Team Notes:

It already looks like Texas has some talent in the group of early enrollee freshmen. Guys like Cook, Sterns, Ayodele, and Foster will likely see the field this year.

But we’ve been asking around about the freshmen who enrolled this summer and three names came up as guys who are standing out early on in workouts. As usual, we remind me you to keep in mind that it’s early…

*Demarvion Overshown – is built and moves like a first rounder and appears to have the work ethic you want in a young man with that kind of ceiling.

*Joseph Ossai was a guy whose name we had heard early on and have already mentioned. But it’s worth mentioning him again because it seems he hasn’t fallen off. Again, you’ve got a big athletic guy but as importantly you have a young leader – a mature, hard-working player who came in bought in.

*Interestingly, another name I’ve heard is that of defensive lineman, Michael Williams. Williams comes in as a guy out of Louisiana who the Horns snatched up late in the process. We all saw on film how well he can run and change direction but he was listed at around 240 lbs last fall. I’m told he is now up to 280 lbs. So, he’s already overcome the only real concern for him. Like Malcolm Roach, Williams might be another steal out of the Boot for the Horns. – (Super K)

• Like 3

We need to take more guys like Roach and Williams every year.  They come in with no set position and are pretty raw but they've got the athleticism and high motor.  As far as Overshown, I have no clue where his body will take him... dude might end up a LB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We need to take more guys like Roach and Williams every year.  They come in with no set position and are pretty raw but they've got the athleticism and high motor.  As far as Overshown, I have no clue where his body will take him... dude might end up a LB.

Destructive back

• Haha 1

Fuck Chip Brown.

Praying for Ehlinger to get past the freshman stoopids and ignernts is a valid activity. Having an improved OL and TE/HB will go a log way toward that goal, as will having a reasonable semblance of a run game.

Did I mention Fuck Chip Brown? He needs to go ahead and change his name to Fuckchip.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck Chip Brown.

Praying for Ehlinger to get past the freshman stoopids and ignernts is a valid activity. Having an improved OL and TE/HB will go a log way toward that goal, as will having a reasonable semblance of a run game.

Did I mention Fuck Chip Brown? He needs to go ahead and change his name to Fuckchip.

This worldview has my full support!

14 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck Chip Brown.

I thought it was ignurntz, with a "z," at least that's the way we spelled and pronounced it. I can't find it in my Funk & Wagnalls, but what do they know?

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck Chip Brown.

I like your opening statement structure. It has an almost religious feel to it. Perhaps this could become a greeting between us, like in the Arab world. 

hyperbole. Kate Upton is attractive but needs to up the strength of her Noassitol prescription.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck Chip Brown.

yeah....then we could all say fuck Fuckchip Brown....kinda rolls off the tongue....spreading rep....

You can make a strong case that many of those teams will end up being better (Tcu, Osu and obviously OU), but that ranking gives every other team a generous benefit of the doubt and none to Texas. 

Hope it ends up on the billboard. Prove them wrong.  Shock the World II. 

10 minutes ago, TexTexTex said:

Yea, but...besides that

It is a well known tactic of sports media to try and piss off the biggest fanbase you can in order to get attention. Nothing is going on during the dead period, so they just start lobbing dumbass grenades. 

"Why Nick Saban will retire after going 1-11 this year."

"Why Dabo Sweeney could be on the way out at Clemson."

"Arizona State will win the Pac12 this year."

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1