Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

6 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Because he was probably the most dependable reciever we had. Not the most talented by a long shot but a great blocker and catcher. 

I never thought too highly of Lorenzo Joe's skill set.  He always felt like he was a "playing cause he buys into the system" guy. Remember when he got that controversial start and dropped the first pass of the game, LOL?

Edited by TreatyOak
More words added

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

I never thought too highly of his skill set.  He always felt like he was a "playing cause he buys into the system" guy. Remember when he got that controversial start and dropped the first pass of the game?

Yes I do. I think it was okie state. 

7 hours ago, ousux said:

Can't see pic, what is it?N/m, LoJo being dum dum It's like uber, lyft and others don't exist sometimes. 21st century players don't have an excuse for this shit..

"Joe told the arresting officer he had consumed three 16-ounce bottles of Michelob Ultra."

Does he hang out with 6Figs?

29 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I am proud and happy to see justice served with the #1 ranking and comments about VY. That considered, the irony for the #2 slot is then very thick for me. If the 2008-2009 Texas team plays that Florida team, we beat that team. 

Sweet Christ that 2008 season was a fucking visit to The Theatre of the Absurd as a Texas fan:

-The great game that was the RRR that year, then rolling through Missouri and others.

-The insane Tech game and Blake fucking Gideon choking the single biggest moment of his fucking life. Then a whole gaggle of Texas fans, dumbfucks that they are/were cheering loudly and publicly for OU in following games after UT's loss to Tech. How those clowns didn't understand that there was no payoff as a UT fan in doing so (recognizing this doesn't effect outcomes on the field is beside the point, this is about the emotions of being a fan and then how that effects others going through the experience) is beyond me, and then watching Stoops do what he always did - run over the weak sisters and run up the score and then plead his fucking case to the voters via the media.

-Then Art Briles being the piece of human of shit that he is and voting Texas #5 in the coaches poll.

-Then Chip Brown reporting early that Texas had made it into the BCS game and getting Obloods fans excited and then being totally wrong.

-Then Texas beating an excellent Ohio State team in a great Fiesta Bowl to cap the season while watching OU then shit the fucking bed to Florida. Fuck me.

Two teams beat OU by double digits on a neutral field that season. One lost to a top 10 Tech team on the road at night in Lubbock. The other lost to a mediocre, unranked Ole Miss team at home. The latter got to play for, and win, the national title while okies cried in the stands throwing the horns down sign, and the former got to watch it all happen on live tv. 

• Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

I am proud and happy to see justice served with the #1 ranking and comments about VY. That considered, the irony for the #2 slot is then very thick for me. If the 2008-2009 Texas team plays that Florida team, we beat that team. 

Sweet Christ that 2008 season was a fucking visit to The Theatre of the Absurd as a Texas fan:

-The great game that was the RRR that year, then rolling through Missouri and others.

-The insane Tech game and Blake fucking Gideon choking the single biggest moment of his fucking life. Then a whole gaggle of Texas fans, dumbfucks that they are/were cheering loudly and publicly for OU in following games after UT's loss to Tech. How those clowns didn't understand that there was no payoff as a UT fan in doing so (recognizing this doesn't effect outcomes on the field is beside the point, this is about the emotions of being a fan and then how that effects others going through the experience) is beyond me, and then watching Stoops do what he always did - run over the weak sisters and run up the score and then plead his fucking case to the voters via the media.

-Then Art Briles being the piece of human of shit that he is and voting Texas #5 in the coaches poll.

-Then Chip Brown reporting early that Texas had made it into the BCS game and getting Obloods fans excited and then being totally wrong.

-Then Texas beating an excellent Ohio State team in a great Fiesta Bowl to cap the season while watching OU then shit the fucking bed to Florida. Fuck me.

Two teams beat OU by double digits on a neutral field that season. One lost to a top 10 Tech team on the road at night in Lubbock. The other lost to a mediocre, unranked Ole Miss team at home. The latter got to play for, and win, the national title while okies cried in the stands throwing the horns down sign, and the former got to watch it all happen on live tv. 

OR Shipley not dropping that bomb from Colt when he was wide ass open and no one between him and the endzone. Damn that night!!!!

1 minute ago, BERT said:

OR Shipley not dropping that bomb from Colt when he was wide ass open and no one between him and the endzone. Damn that night!!!!

Yeah, I mean, I know every game that is close is a game of "what-ifs" for the loser, for sure. For me, however, the Gideon drop will go down as one of the single greatest chokes I've ever witnessed - right up there with the Oilers-Bills debacle and James Harden in any playoff game of meaning.

I remember the sheer elation we had in my house when we thought he'd caught the pick. There were like 12-15 of us gathered around the tv and we came totally unhinged. Screaming, hugging, yelling. And then someone points out the replay and that that choking fuck dropped the pop up. He was worthless his entire time on the field for Texas, but that one play would have made the rest of his weak shit meaningless. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I mean, I know every game that is close is a game of "what-ifs" for the loser, for sure. For me, however, the Gideon drop will go down as one of the single greatest chokes I've ever witnessed - right up there with the Oilers-Bills debacle and James Harden in any playoff game of meaning.

I remember the sheer elation we had in my house when we thought he'd caught the pick. There were like 12-15 of us gathered around the tv and we came totally unhinged. Screaming, hugging, yelling. And then someone points out the replay and that that choking fuck dropped the pop up. He was worthless his entire time on the field for Texas, but that one play would have made the rest of his weak shit meaningless. 

And then the following year he gets an INT on the fake punt vs Bama... Is all hyped about it and all i could think was you just cost us about 20 yards you dumb ass. Knock it down!!!

I can feel an ulcer coming on as I'm reliving all these moments. So many what-ifs.

If Vince comes back for his senior year, how many MNC appearances do we have in a row? Not that it would have changed the entire course of the program but I'm guessing the talent level of players we would have gotten, in spite of Mack's not giving a shit, would have kept us off of the rock-bottom we hit.

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is unhealthy and the UT fan equivalent of cutting oneself.  I feel  emotionally abused reading this and I'm reporting you to the authorities.  Will your next post be about the 2001 Big 12 Championship game?  What about the '84 Georgia game?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

This is unhealthy and the UT fan equivalent of cutting oneself.  I feel  emotionally abused reading this and I'm reporting you to the authorities.  Will your next post be about the 2001 Big 12 Championship game?  What about the '84 Georgia game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, I blame the offensive line for allowing a safety on the first possession.  Keep your shit together on that first drive (even a regular 3 and out), and Tech isn't nearly as juiced during that first quarter.  I haven't watched the game at all since it happened.  I had to look it up to make sure my memory was correct.

Tech had the ball first.  Texas forced a punt, and Tech downed the punt at the 2 yard line.  That's awful starting position.  One the first play, Chris O apparently went down in the endzone. 

All these years later, I had it in my mind that Colt had the ball.  But it makes sense that the safety happened on a running play,  for if Colt had been throwing, they probably would have advanced the ball between 5 and 95 yards.

The o-line unable to push a running play forward when the team really needed it.  It was a harbinger of things to come.

37 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Have y'all ever thought about what would've happened had Colt not gone down? 

You mean like beating the shit out of Bama, Mack riding off into the sunset, Saban being hired here and us not wallowing in our own feces for 3/4 of a decade?

Nope, never thought about it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lonestar3 said:

I can feel an ulcer coming on as I'm reliving all these moments. So many what-ifs.

If Vince comes back for his senior year, how many MNC appearances do we have in a row? Not that it would have changed the entire course of the program but I'm guessing the talent level of players we would have gotten, in spite of Mack's not giving a shit, would have kept us off of the rock-bottom we hit.

Not to mention the fact that if VY returns for his senior year, he never ends up with Jeff Fucking Fisher. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lonestar3 said:

You mean like beating the shit out of Bama, Mack riding off into the sunset, Saban being hired here and us not wallowing in our own feces for 3/4 of a decade?

Nope, never thought about it.

But think about how much we've grown as a community as a result of our trials.

• Like 2

Just now, Sejjr said:

Not to mention the fact that if VY returns for his senior year, he never ends up with Jeff Fucking Fisher. 

God dammit, you're right. That was the first time since the 90's Cowboys that I've ever cared about an individual NFL team just to see it all pissed away.

1 minute ago, lonestar3 said:

God dammit, you're right. That was the first time since the 90's Cowboys that I've ever cared about an individual NFL team just to see it all pissed away.

Guys like Vince, Bo Scaife, Michael Griffin, and Armad Hall made me cheer like hell for the Titans in spite of that fuckwad Fisher.