Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

On 5/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, Red Five said:

Could something like The Colbert Report even exist today? 

He was on a podcast Smartless and actually talked about it a bit. Highly recommend a listen as it was a hilarious episode. But he point blank said that he couldn't do Colbert in the current climate. 

7 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

He was on a podcast Smartless and actually talked about it a bit. Highly recommend a listen as it was a hilarious episode. But he point blank said that he couldn't do Colbert in the current climate. 

The character would have to be completely different. A Q nut. And that wouldn't be funny at all. 

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Ah, yes, I remember that part in Econ 101 where private businesses were forced to pay inflated wages due to the government handing out larger than normal unemployment checks.

Lol, is that what you believe is happening? That couldn't be further from the truth

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Lol, is that what you believe is happening? That couldn't be further from the truth

Yes, I see it happen literally every day. I sell to companies that are dealing with that pain and I’m making good money from it.

3 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Ah, yes, I remember that part in Econ 101 where private businesses were forced to pay inflated wages due to the government handing out larger than normal unemployment checks.

Stop watching fox news and spewing out their bullshit stupid talking points.  It’s $300 a week. That’s 15k a year. That ain’t shit. 

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Yes, I see it happen literally every day. I sell to companies that are dealing with that pain and I’m making good money from it.

Fuck them. I hope their pain increases. Pay their workers more money and this problem goes away. I’m sorry the plebs don’t want to work for nothing wages. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Stop watching fox news and spewing out their bullshit stupid talking points.  It’s $300 a week. That’s 15k a year. That ain’t shit. 

I don’t watch Fox News. I don’t care what their talking points are. There is no motivation for hourly workers to go back to work. 

Have you tried calling customer service at a large bank or airline? Gone to restaurants that have to close early? Hourly labor is refusing to move back into the workforce. 

5 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I don’t watch Fox News. I don’t care what their talking points are. There is no motivation for hourly workers to go back to work. 

Have you tried calling customer service at a large bank or airline? Gone to restaurants that have to close early? Hourly labor is refusing to move back into the workforce. 

You say this like its a bad thing

4 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Pay them more money and they will. This isn’t hard. I guess that will hurt record profits and a record stock market though. So CEO compensation might take a small hit. Poor guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Just because they are wage slaves doesn't make all of them stupid. Pay them more. Pay is a motivator. So is actually considering their health. A lot of companies showed their colors in the early days of the pandemic and labor gets a decided lip curl when that happens. They may be vaccinated now or suffered various effects of COVID but that doesn't mean people forget. They paid tax into that system too.

52 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Just because they are wage slaves doesn't make all of them stupid.

Well, it kind of does.  If they were smarter, they would find a better paying job. Sort of how that entire thing works.  The bitching and moaning when they are finally cut off the tit is going to be unbearable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Biden administration made an attempt to reach out to the Death Cult and make some cuts to the infrastructure bill only to get stonewalled. This is where the administration needs to make it an official policy of you F’d around when we tried to make cuts, now you’re about to find out. Put the full bill through and get Manchin and Sinema to vote for it by whatever means necessary. The American people need this bill and that means all Americans need it, including the ones whose reps are part of the cult.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, it kind of does.  If they were smarter, they would find a better paying job. Sort of how that entire thing works.  The bitching and moaning when they are finally cut off the tit is going to be unbearable. 

Well it sounds like you have a decent paying job and you’re a total idiot so that kind of disproves your theory.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well it sounds like you have a decent paying job and you’re a total idiot so that kind of disproves your theory.

Well, I wouldn’t say a total idiot.  I mean I don’t have to make a decision on whether a $500/wk check is worth giving up work over, so that’s nice.  

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

This is the biggest load of horseshit. Many people, including smart people, get stuck in low paying jobs for a multitude of reasons. To think people are out there job hopping finding higher paying jobs all the time is pure fantasy. 

And when these people were making shit wages for shit companies and restaurants, I don’t remember hearing any complaining from them other than asking repeatedly for higher wages and being denied. But ever since March, all I read is business owners fucking crying about these workers not willing to accept shit wages again. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

To think people are out there job hopping finding higher paying jobs all the time is pure fantasy. 

We have people leave our crews weekly for .50-1.50/hr more.  Zero loyalty to a company, only the dollar.  Do I get frustrated when it fucks me, yes.  Do I blame them, no.   Most top out at $27-35/hr, so they need to get it while they can.   But to say this doesn’t happen is fucking hilarious.   1) cash 2) hours.   That’s as far as they think.  Most aren’t thinkers, but it’s why they do what they do and make what they make.  I live this shit daily, and had a guy drag fucking yesterday for a p/l that’s just getting started.  As my current project winds down, it’ll get worse.  

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

We have people leave our crews weekly for .50-1.50/hr more.  Zero loyalty to a company, only the dollar.  Do I get frustrated when it fucks me, yes.  Do I blame them, no.   Most top out at $27-35/hr, so they need to get it while they can.   But to say this doesn’t happen is fucking hilarious.   1) cash 2) hours.   That’s as far as they think.  Most aren’t thinkers, but it’s why they do what they do and make what they make.  I live this shit daily, and had a guy drag fucking yesterday for a p/l that’s just getting started.  As my current project winds down, it’ll get worse.  

It happens but it’s not the norm. Most people stick to what they know. 

My experience is that people are very loyal when they’ve been treated well.

This. There are businesses that made decisions that allowed them to keep people employed through the pandemic, when those folks were worried about losing their jobs. They aren’t going on to “greener pastures” because having an employer that even gives 1/10th of a shit about them has value.

Pay people a fair wage. Treat them well. And by and large, you’ll have good employees and won’t have a problem hiring.

These aren’t new lessons.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

But how can I raise wages? I need low paid labor for my business to run

You nailed it with this. Send the poors back to their low paying jobs and tell them how happy they ought to be to have them. We have finally reached a breaking point on this and I am glad we have. The abuse levied towards Americans on the low end of the socio-economic ladder is right there in the storefront window for everyone to see. When unemployment wages are significantly higher than their jobs from the before times, it is time to start treating them better and pay them more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This. There are businesses that made decisions that allowed them to keep people employed through the pandemic, when those folks were worried about losing their jobs. They aren’t going on to “greener pastures” because having an employer that even gives 1/10th of a shit about them has value.

Pay people a fair wage. Treat them well. And by and large, you’ll have good employees and won’t have a problem hiring.

These aren’t new lessons.

Yep. It’s everything you learned in kindergarten type of things. Greed has overtaking this country just as Michael Douglas so eloquently stated in his speech in Wall Street way back when. That was one of the best movie speeches ever. Because he laid it out so well and actually had you ROOTING for him. The villain. 

40 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

My experience is that people are very loyal when they’ve been treated well.

You don’t think 27-40/hr for a HS graduate to perform manual labor/operation is fair treatment?  Keep in mind 1/3 of their pay is 150% of that.    We don’t have a problem filling their spot, so I’d have to assume it is pretty fair.   But there are spots to fill plenty because guy up the road is paying $1.50 more.  Just how it works.  They come back when we pay another .50 or they get mad and drag up there.  Literally an everyday occurrence.  Wrt to management, it seems people move for ~20% or so, or a major title upgrade, etc.   I don’t have a great feel for that, I’ve only moved a few times and they were either out of necessity or or major advancement. 

On 5/20/2021 at 2:38 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Somehow I just found out about this, but the Onion has a collection of all their Biden stories since 09 and the pictures are hilarious

https://interactives.theonion.com/biden/

These have got to be peak Onion.

55601-3d1d51dd754002936eb179005405efb2.j

“I shit you not, I got sworn-in and woke up the next day buck naked on the lap of the Lincoln Memorial.”

55629-1ecf93cd46119e88bea8bac81b865822.j

In an effort to let the heat die down a little, Vice President Joe Biden reportedly skipped town Saturday, telling White House officials that he was going to be lying low in Mexico for a spell.

"I need to steer clear of D.C. until some shit blows over," said Biden, sitting in the far corner of a Mexican cantina with his back to the wall and taking a long swig from a bottle of Tecate Light. "It's nothing I can't handle, but let's just say there was a little misunderstanding. Somebody didn't get something they were supposed to get."

"And somebody else got a whole lot more than they bargained for," he added.

Biden, who contacted aides Monday from an undisclosed Mexican border town, said the situation was getting "pretty fucking dicey" up in Washington and that it was time for him to "take a little vacation" and get his head straight.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

“Lost my license after mouthing off to Maryland State Trooper about a bullshit reckless driving ticket.

Biden's Handlers Suggesting He Forget The Words 'Pink' And 'Stink' Altogether

“Tore up the Oval Office searching for JFK’s collection of erotica.”

Biden Working His Way Through Scratch-Off Tickets During Obama's Swearing-In

Nude Biden Wakes Up On Cold Slab In D.C. Morgue

Biden Frantically Hitting Up Cabinet Members For Clean Piss

“Barry started riding my ass about coming into work at least once a week.”

Frantic Biden Searching Dog Shelter For Bo Look-Alike

Biden Loses Control Of Butterfly Knife During Commencement Speech

Biden Gets Grow Light Delivered To White House Under Fake Name

Biden Arrives Early To Set Up State Of The Union Fog Machine

Biden Co-Presents Best New Starlet Award With Shyla Stylez At 2015 AVN Adult Movie Awards Show

Biden Winks After Offering To Buy Eggnog For White House Christmas Party

Biden Quietly Singing Pearl Jam's 'Even Flow' During Security Briefing

Walletless Biden Found Handcuffed To Bedpost

Biden Receives Lifetime Ban From Dave & Buster's

Biden Clenches Plastic Beer Cup In Teeth To Free Hands For Clapping

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

https://politics.theonion.com/biden-says-life-better-than-it-was-4-years-ago-but-noth-1819573866

d2ofni4emzo74vupq8gv.jpg

Accepting his renomination at the Democratic National Convention on Thursday, Vice President Joe Biden countered recent Republican criticisms by asserting that most Americans were indeed better off than they were four years ago, but he acknowledged that life still paled in comparison to that one “killer fucking” summer in 1987.

Dressed in a slightly ripped Lynyrd Skynyrd T-shirt, Biden tapped the top of an Icehouse tallboy, cracked it open, and then informed the 20,000 people in attendance that while the economy is no longer hemorrhaging jobs as it was in 2008, nothing, “not even that little trip I took to Thailand in ’92,” could ever live up to the unforgettable months of June through August 1987, when “the skirts were short, the brews were cold, and you couldn’t walk 2 feet without stepping into some grade-A tang.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Shocked all the, “pay more” brain geniuses aren’t out bulldozing the competition with their rocket surgery new business model.
Sounds stupendous in the fucking teachers lounge.

Pay more, make sacrifices to keep key employees during the tough time of the pandemic, and quite possibly see short term profits take a hit. Those often go together.

But if they result in loyal employees who will bust their asses to do the job right, the long term profits pay off. That’s what I’ve generally observed. Signed, a business owner who has put short term profits on the chopping block at times to ensure long-term employee satisfaction and loyalty.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This is the biggest load of horseshit. Many people, including smart people, get stuck in low paying jobs for a multitude of reasons. To think people are out there job hopping finding higher paying jobs all the time is pure fantasy. 

And when these people were making shit wages for shit companies and restaurants, I don’t remember hearing any complaining from them other than asking repeatedly for higher wages and being denied. But ever since March, all I read is business owners fucking crying about these workers not willing to accept shit wages again. 

Way! Wah! They're smart, but they just to dumb to leave! God damn, these businesses are raising their wages for new people to come in, and you cry that they're not enough. That's not on you to decide, that's for people to decide on weather they should be paid for the amount or not. You act like smart people are too dumb to think that way. 

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Shocked all the, “pay more” brain geniuses aren’t out bulldozing the competition with their rocket surgery new business model.

Why would I waste time competing with stupid business models that don’t know how to run a good business?

28 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You really seem to hate teachers.