Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

A desire to maintain respect for my friends and family is why I go out to eat with them as rarely as possible and never on Sundays.
I have a daughter-in-law who waggled her empty glass of iced tea to get the attention of a waitress once and I later asked my son if he might consider divorce. The grandchildren are beautiful sparks from a loving god, but I keep my eye on them. There's an ungrateful harridan hiding in there somewhere.

Would the DIL fake an injury in a car accident to get more cash (see bad commercial thread)?Also pics of DIL are not coming through.
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Do you take the grandchildren out solo so that you can model respectful patronage? Children pick up so much through observation and adults modeling positive behavior.

I don't take them out for that reason, but just because that's what doting grandparents do when the parents want to take a break. Spoil the grandkids.

You want Chili's? Of course you do, so do I. It's not like we are in Houston, a city perhaps unmatched for variety and quality of places to go. By all means, Chili's it is. Of course you can order off the adult menu, what is this, Stalin's Russia?

23 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Would the DIL fake an injury in a car accident to get more cash (see bad commercial thread)?Also pics of DIL are not coming through.

I remember a co-worker telling me, in great detail, how sexy his daughter-in-law was. I was very young at the time, just starting. I worried that I would think like he did and would fantasize about my own sons' wives.

By the grace of god, they married beautiful women and nothing could interest me less than the thought of them naked.

After all, Salma Hayek is still around. What more does a man need?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't take them out for that reason, but just because that's what doting grandparents do when the parents want to take a break. Spoil the grandkids.

You want Chili's? Of course you do, so do I. It's not like we are in Houston, a city perhaps unmatched for variety and quality of places to go. By all means, Chili's it is. Of course you can order off the adult menu, what is this, Stalin's Russia?

Of course. My late mother absolutely loved spoiling our children. But she was also a wonderful example of treating others with kindness and respect. Man, we all miss her.

Blessed you are.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I remember a co-worker telling me, in great detail, how sexy his daughter-in-law was. I was very young at the time, just starting. I worried that I would think like he did and would fantasize about my own sons' wives.

By the grace of god, they married beautiful women and nothing could interest me less than the thought of them naked.

After all, Salma Hayek is still around. What more does a man need?

Salma Hayek? JFC, when did my husband get an account?

Her movie is coming out next month.

9 hours ago, NWBuck said:

This increases exponentially during the Sunday afternoon, post church lunch hour

You can’t just accept the fake $20 bill that’s actually a church pamphlet and the praying for your Heathen soul without bitching! 

they ask why you aren’t at church, bc it’s Sunday. “But Karen, how would you be served if all the waitstaff went to church instead?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

they ask why you aren’t at church, bc it’s Sunday. “But Karen, how would you be served if all the waitstaff went to church instead?”

This this this. Eleventy billion.

Because I know there are folks who need work and also folks who work that also need to eat I cannot say, "close the restaurants on Sunday" but were that to happen, you know the grievances would pile higher than the papal indulgences of the 1500s.

SERVE ME!   

is such a Christian thing to say isn't it?

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You can’t just accept the fake $20 bill that’s actually a church pamphlet and the praying for your Heathen soul without bitching! 

Nothing is more embarrassing and disgusting than people leaving the fake bills as tips. Now, if you want to leave a real $20 along with the fake $20, that would be a better way to open someone's heart and mind by leading with generosity before trying to be a missionary.

It would be like going to the Congo jungle to spread the gospel but instead of bringing water and food or shelter or clothes, you bring nothing of value at all and in fact you take from their limited resources and act like being there is a favor.

House GOP trying to blame Biden for high lumber and gas prices.

anyone with a speck of intelligence would know that gas prices are high due to the economy being restarted back up, gas switching to summer blends, and the hacker issue that shut things down a week or 2 ago.

high lumber prices existed during Trump.

what a bunch of idiots. The low info gop base will buy it tho. Anything for that daily hate serum and to “ own the libs”.

44 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

anyone with a speck of intelligence would know that gas prices are high due to the economy being restarted back up, gas switching to summer blends, and the hacker issue that shut things down a week or 2 ago.

what a bunch of idiots. The low info gop base will buy it tho. Anything for that daily hate serum and to “ own the libs”.

One of my old HS "peers" tried to tell me that we were in an "energy crisis" roughly one week after the cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline.

I didn't even have it in me to argue.

54 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I thought the problem was rampant illegal immigration or kids on the border. Guess that one got solved. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I thought the problem was rampant illegal immigration or kids on the border. Guess that one got solved. 

Almost seems like the GOP is the petulant little child throwing shit at the wall just to see what sticks.

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

Almost seems like the GOP is the petulant little child throwing shit at the wall just to see what sticks.

Yep. Can’t wait to see what they are gonna bitch about next week.

What these idiots fail to realize is nobody listens to them anymore except their mouth breathing base of idiots. Who fucking cares. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It just warms my heart to see all of you who worked in restaurants share the universal contempt for post-church Sunday diners.

They were the worst. The most devastating thing to Christianity is “Christians.”

The lions got a bad rap. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It just warms my heart to see all of you who worked in restaurants share the universal contempt for post-church Sunday diners.

They were the worst. The most devastating thing to Christianity is “Christians.”

I worked a whole bunch of Sundays and it did not matter where I worked. The early afternoon Christians easily tipped the least of anyone I ever ran across. I eventually said that Sunday was no longer a day I would work because I was at a point where I did not want to miss church anymore myself. Thankfully I had an employer that did not argue with me not working that day. I will say that Sunday Christians were pretty high on the list of people that servers actively tried to avoid having to wait on. It is counterintuitive to come in and talk to a server about God and then leave a miniscule tip because the rest of your money apparently went to the offering plate. 

I worked a whole bunch of Sundays and it did not matter where I worked. The early afternoon Christians easily tipped the least of anyone I ever ran across. I eventually said that Sunday was no longer a day I would work because I was at a point where I did not want to miss church anymore myself. Thankfully I had an employer that did not argue with me not working that day. I will say that Sunday Christians were pretty high on the list of people that servers actively tried to avoid having to wait on. It is counterintuitive to come in and talk to a server about God and then leave a miniscule tip because the rest of your money apparently went to the offering plate. 

The more outwardly/visible “Christian” you are, the less actually Christian you are. It’s a perfectly inverse relationship.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Are you familiar with the voting population of the United States of America?

It’s odd the different universes most of us seem to occupy. 

How so? You never waited tables?

Isn’t it amazing that dozens of different people had independent experiences that showed them the same thing: “Christians” are the worst fucking people? And mind you, we were in the service industry, “awful fucking people” were the rule....yet “Christians” stood out.
  • Like 1

I guess just a different world where you don’t show some respect to your servers and tip well whether it’s a Sunday after church or any other day. 

Eye opener time: “Christians” are vile, acidic shit-spewing assholes 7 days a week. 52 weeks a year. But it’s CONCENTRATED acidic shit on Sundays, when they gather together and feed on each other’s hypocrisy.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Eye opener time: “Christians” are vile, acidic shit-spewing assholes 7 days a week. 52 weeks a year. But it’s CONCENTRATED acidic shit on Sundays, when they gather together and feed on each other’s hypocrisy.

Actually, it's worse than that. 

They gather at restaurants as a part of the Sabbath rest their belief system requires. 

So, it's both on purpose and in conflict with their Biblical teaching

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As a back of the house person, it was a triple whammy: usually Sundays were when we had to pull the ranges and coolers for cleaning. Brunch in general is cook your leftover not quite rotten produce and proteins day, which also sucks.  And the tips were garbage and the clientele awful, which meant FOH was usually in a bad mood and disinclined to give up ass after shift. The only good thing about it was Monday closure. 

Just terrible all around. 

Edited by Bateshorn

They were some of the worst tippers, but that was typically one of the after church crowd’s least shitty qualities. I lost track of how many times I was angrily berated for not serving alcohol because it wasn’t noon yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Actually, it's worse than that. 

They gather at restaurants as a part of the Sabbath rest their belief system requires. 

So, it's both on purpose and in conflict with their Biblical teaching

But Sunday is the 1st day of the week and outside of Seventh Day Adventists, observing the Sabbath isn't a thing in Christianity. Sure some sects (primarily fundamentalist Calvanist offshoots) have some Sunday version of the Sabbath but the majority of Christianity doesn't observe Sunday as the Sabbath as described in the scripture you referenced. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

They blame him for chicken sauce shortages too. There is literally nothing too stupid for that crowd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know what different world @Anastasis lived in, but post-church Sunday lunch at a diner or fast food restaurant was a big thing where I grew up.  I don't think the church crowd (of which I was part) became particularly cheap on Sunday afternoons, I just think it was one of the most popular times to go out to eat.

• Hook 'Em 3

Biden is boring af. Thank god. 

Fwiw, I’m traveling for last month or so and have been living on restaurant food. I’ve found shit in my food about 3 times this trip already. So while the waitstaff has been up and down, but overall OK, the cooks need some work.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The Sunday brunch crowd and post church crowd aren’t one circle.

This. If you’re someplace slinging mimosas and expensive egg dishes, you were serving a different demographic than the “Sunday fried chicken and mashed potatoes” crowd. They order cheap dishes, and then tip poorly on that tab.

The best crowd was the “drinking on a Saturday night and making bad decisions” crowd. Maybe not by percentages, but by volume. They’d run up big tabs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know what different world @Anastasis lived in, but post-church Sunday lunch at a diner or fast food restaurant was a big thing where I grew up.  I don't think the church crowd (of which I was part) became particularly cheap on Sunday afternoons, I just think it was one of the most popular times to go out to eat.

Our neck of the woods I suppose it depended upon the church but we usually went home for Sunday dinner, which was not really lunch because the meals were more substantial. Sometimes there was a church meal and my late mother helped out with those a lot plus the bake sales and what not. The President, Vice President and their families would have a good time at the church meals. The meals were friendly and low key and I learned a lot about what type of gelatin salads to never make again in my life and what ones are palatable and even good. This administration are good gelatin salad type of people. Even if it's not their thing, they would be kind to their hosts.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

And the cheapo makes an appearance :)