Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

34 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Shocked all the, “pay more” brain geniuses aren’t out bulldozing the competition with their rocket surgery new business model.

Sounds stupendous in the fucking teachers lounge.

Apparently the teachers lounge is a very very bad place to be. Must be all the cigarettes 

38 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Shocked all the, “pay more” brain geniuses aren’t out bulldozing the competition with their rocket surgery new business model.

1) Treating folks well doesn’t necessarily mean paying more, believe it or not.

2) Paying (some people) more (way more) is hardly a new business model.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The solution to getting people to work is to pay them a reasonable wage. The only reason that is controversial at all is because of people like incredulity who are either fake trolls or are too stupid to figure that simple fact out.

What a phenomenal dissertation.  Watch out world...

If only you could get past your own lethargy, I sense an economic juggernaut in the making.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

If only you could get past your own lethargy, I sense an economic juggernaut in the making.

I will take your total non response as an acknowledgment that you cannot respond.

53 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Just a shitpost, please don’t respond WWS. I don’t want to wake up hungover to your Old McDonald mindtraps that leave us speechless 

I wasn't untill you said something. Seriously sad that you didn't like my goatse I made ya. I even put your name on it.

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Is this including or excluding all the sheep being held captive in aggy sex dungeons?

Those are all survey based and the focus on the bigger sheep holders. So it includes the Aggy that fucks a lot of different sheep, but likely not the Aggy that fucks one or two sheep a lot. 

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Food & beverage worker vents on Twitter.  It’s a thread. Here’s the first installment.

pipe down sugar tits, all that yacking aint doing  a gotdamn thing to refill my iced tea, which we can both see is getting dangerously low. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Shit I was at a gas station in Hillsboro this weekend and the Pizza Hut was advertising 20/hr for delivery drivers. 

$20hr in Hillsboro?  Sheeit, you'll be living like the Beverly Hillbillies in no time in those parts.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 11:04 PM, Incredulity said:

Why do you hate markets?

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Seems like she works at a shitty restaurant in, checks thread, South Carolina. I can just imagine the folks that frequent the place she works at.

Working at any restaurant is automatically shitty. People are at their absolute worst when they know someone's job is to literally serve them.

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Working at any restaurant is automatically shitty. People are at their absolute worst when they know someone's job is to literally serve them.

As someone that worked in a restaurant as a teenager I will say that everyone should be on their best behavior when dealing with someone that is handling your food while out of sight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

As someone that worked in a restaurant as a teenager I will say that everyone should be on their best behavior when dealing with someone that is handling your food while out of sight.

Yeah, it's why I tell my wife that whatever that is wrong with your order is better than what the kitchen is going to do to the food they have to send back out to you.

Edited by kevwun

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That's when I'm most polite.  

Me too.  I can think of one single person I know that is a dick to waitstaff, and he’s a dick all the time.   Me and mine are extra nice because 1) it’s not that fucking hard and 2) I like my food sans saliva. 3) why not?   But that chick sounds like an absolute beating.  I guess enjoy your $300/week?  

GRUHorn and Fox News hit hardest 

I’ve lost track.

Trump admin Zero Tolerance policy and publicity of horrible conditions sought to deter immigrants from claiming asylum status.

But they also argued in court that conditions were legal and humane

They also “But Obama’d” that the policies and conditions were not new.

Trump also claimed victory as border crossings decreased due to his policies

Stephen Miller’s recent propaganda campaign that Biden Open Orders policy was creating a crisis, but also that conditions were horrible in detention centers.

Where do we stand now?

On 5/22/2021 at 11:54 PM, Incredulity said:

Well you’re certainly making well articulated, well reasoned, nuanced takes.

Oh you’re just throwing shit against the wall to make yourself feel smart? Sounds about right.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I’ve lost track.

Trump admin Zero Tolerance policy and publicity of horrible conditions sought to deter immigrants from claiming asylum status.

But they also argued in court that conditions were legal and humane

They also “But Obama’d” that the policies and conditions were not new.

Trump also claimed victory as border crossings decreased due to his policies

Stephen Miller’s recent propaganda campaign that Biden Open Orders policy was creating a crisis, but also that conditions were horrible in detention centers.

Where do we stand now?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56255613

Trump and Co. ripped families apart and stuffed the kids in cages, deported the parents and then said threw up their hands and said "what more do you want us to do?!"  while "but Obama!"-ing the crisis they created.  Biden is not (and Obama did not) ripping families apart and is working to reunite parents/kids who got separated by the Trump government. 

Biden is experiencing similar events that Obama did - unaccompanied minors crossing the border alone.  The Biden admin has cut down on the time they are being held before being temporary resettled with family in the U.S. or foster families until their immigration hearings, versus sitting in CBP facilities. 

Both the Trump admin and Biden admin were automatically expelling undocumented migrants seeking entry because of COVID, EXCEPT Biden is not barring entry for unaccompanied minors, because they'd end up likely trafficked or killed in Mexico.  (The pro-life GOP doesn't care about them, at all) 

Also a huge reminder that the alleged "open borders" Biden presidency has stressed - both through Biden, Harris, Psaki, Mayorkas, etc. - that the border is CLOSED.  There is no open invite to migrants to enter and steal jobs and ruin the American way of life.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56255613

Trump and Co. ripped families apart and stuffed the kids in cages, deported the parents and then said threw up their hands and said "what more do you want us to do?!"  while "but Obama!"-ing the crisis they created.  Biden is not (and Obama did not) ripping families apart and is working to reunite parents/kids who got separated by the Trump government. 

Biden is experiencing similar events that Obama did - unaccompanied minors crossing the border alone.  The Biden admin has cut down on the time they are being held before being temporary resettled with family in the U.S. or foster families until their immigration hearings, versus sitting in CBP facilities. 

Both the Trump admin and Biden admin were automatically expelling undocumented migrants seeking entry because of COVID, EXCEPT Biden is not barring entry for unaccompanied minors, because they'd end up likely trafficked or killed in Mexico.  (The pro-life GOP doesn't care about them, at all) 

Also a huge reminder that the alleged "open borders" Biden presidency has stressed - both through Biden, Harris, Psaki, Mayorkas, etc. - that the border is CLOSED.  There is no open invite to migrants to enter and steal jobs and ruin the American way of life.  

Man, someone should tell Fox News. It’s almost like they purposely conjure an alternate reality. But that would make them liars, and I for one can’t imagine them wanting to be seen as that. 

14 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

This increases exponentially during the Sunday afternoon, post church lunch hour

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I worked at Wendy's for a couple of years in HS, so my experience doesn't even include waiting tables . . . but that Sunday crowd was a total beating.  One couple would come in at lunch, bring the newspaper, get all-you-can-eat salad bar plates, and STAY ALL AFTERNOON until they were hungry enough again to eat dinner, all for that one price.  You gotta be some kind of cheap to go that far to avoid the cost of dinner.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I worked at Wendy's for a couple of years in HS, so my experience doesn't even include waiting tables . . . but that Sunday crowd was a total beating.  One couple would come in at lunch, bring the newspaper, get all-you-can-eat salad bar plates, and STAY ALL AFTERNOON until they were hungry enough again to eat dinner, all for that one price.  You gotta be some kind of cheap to go that far to avoid the cost of dinner.

We had a landlord once who was that cheap. He was a retired guy, lived in one half of a duplex, rented out the other. He was maximizing his pension, which was understandable, but once or twice a week he would walk up the street to this restaurant for lunch and just like you mention read the paper and walk home after dinner. Kicker was that his coat pockets would be bulging with napkins so he didn't have to buy paper towels.

A desire to maintain respect for my friends and family is why I go out to eat with them as rarely as possible and never on Sundays.

I have a daughter-in-law who waggled her empty glass of iced tea to get the attention of a waitress once and I later asked my son if he might consider divorce. The grandchildren are beautiful sparks from a loving god, but I keep my eye on them. There's an ungrateful harridan hiding in there somewhere.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

A desire to maintain respect for my friends and family is why I go out to eat with them as rarely as possible and never on Sundays.

I have a daughter-in-law who waggled her empty glass of iced tea to get the attention of a waitress once and I later asked my son if he might consider divorce. The grandchildren are beautiful sparks from a loving god, but I keep my eye on them. There's an ungrateful harridan hiding in there somewhere.

Do you take the grandchildren out solo so that you can model respectful patronage? Children pick up so much through observation and adults modeling positive behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not that we need any more anecdotal evidence to drive this point home, but I worked as a host at a Red Lobster in Lubbock one summer when I was an undergrad, and yes, the post church Sunday crowd were consistently the worst people I ever dealt with at that job, or any other service job I ever held (and I held many by the time I finished grad school in my early 30s): most rude and unpleasant, most disrespectful of the waitstaff (including often demanding which table they wanted to sit at), worst tippers.