Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All of my friends are more successful and socially valuable than I am, of that I can assure you - I’m solid lower-rung material. Ask around, folks will tell you.

And we still subscribe to the paper version of the Economist, have for years. It’s perfect material for the shitter, and I really do love taking back issues on flights because I can spend a few hours catching up on the longer pieces I haven’t read. But yeah, they were smart to put the catchier pieces on the app for sure. It’s a dense read, which is why I read the pieces that interest me and only skim the rest.

Oh, trust me….we fly coach. I am a CHEAP motherfucker.

Yet none of this changes the fact that the rest of the world 1) does not look at Biden as a “laughingstock” (instead, they look at him as exactly what he is - a rather ordinary and pedestrian US President), and 2) they fucking laughed their asses off at TFG.

Oh, and our jumping off point was Frankfurt, not Heathrow. Fuck the Limeys.

Look, everything you said was reasonable and I am sorry for the personal attack; I get triggered when my American Exceptionalism gets pricked, especially when the rhetoric and logical fallacy is an appeal to authority on what freaking Western Europeans think of us, as if the opinions of sheep cross the mind of a lion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Bull-fucking-shit. Most GOP posters on this site are at least smart enough to pretend to not buy into all of the stolen election lies, but almost all of them downplay 1/6 and Trump's role in it, and, when pushed, fall back on "it's no worse than Russia, Russia, Russia!" They complete ignore the GOP rallying around those lies to push voter restrictions in their states. They'll look the other way when state governments try to nominate alternate electors again in 2024. In the right social circles, I have no doubt whatsoever that they're making jokes about mail-in votes and how "fishy" the blue wave was once everyone went to sleep. They sure as shit will have no issue voting for every Trumpy candidate moving forward. You'll never vote for a Democrat no matter how disgustingly Trumpy the GOP candidate is.

Please, for the love of god, spare me the "we realize the damage that Trump has done, and don't support it any more than you do" rhetoric.

I’m honestly curious, what are your plans for 1/6/2022?

Are you going to buy a bunch of balloons and a cheap case of Kirkland wine from Costco and invite all your friends to cram into your cheap apartment and watch CNN and just enjoy being so aggrieved as you all frown in your glasses and increasingly cry about how Democracy is now irrecoverably broken as the night goes on? That’s how I picture you and your cats celebrating the day you haven’t been able to shut up about all year.

Edited by MonkeyCigarette
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 13

9 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

Look, everything you said was reasonable and I am sorry for the personal attack; I get triggered when my American Exceptionalism gets pricked, especially when the rhetoric and logical fallacy is an appeal to authority on what freaking Western Europeans think of us, as if the opinions of sheep cross the mind of a lion.

Goodbye GIF

Well, when the point raised by the MAGATS is LITERALLY what other people/countries think of Biden (“he’s a laughingstock!”), it seems germane to discuss what other people/countries….actually think of Biden.

I know that logical sequence doesn’t make sense in the land of alternative facts and the Big Lie and whatnot, but for those of us who still follow basic rules of evidence and reason, it works. So, humor us.

Oh, and your American Exceptionalism needs to be pricked. Early and often.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

I’m honestly curious, what are your plans for 1/6/2022?

Are you going to buy a bunch of balloons and a cheap case of Kirkland wine from Costco and invite all your friends to cram into your cheap apartment and watch CNN and just enjoy being so aggrieved as you all frown in your glasses and increasingly cry about how Democracy is now irrecoverably broken as the night goes on? That’s how I picture you and your cats celebrating the day you haven’t been able to shut up about all year.

I'm an Aggie, yet you're in the cult. So you've got that going for you. Which is nice.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

have you been to western Europe?  Or eastern Europe?  Or asia?

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

People who would consider the opinions of Western Europe sheep to the "lion" that is the United States have barely traveled and certainly don't have any real friends from other parts of the globe. The pinnacle of their existence is some land, a hunting blind, a Can-Am, and a few too many guns. NTTAWWT...quite the opposite, it sounds fucking awesome...it's just such a narrow view of the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

People who would consider the opinions of Western Europe sheep to the "lion" that is the United States have barely traveled and certainly don't have any real friends from other parts of the globe. The pinnacle of their existence is some land, a hunting blind, a Can-Am, and a few too many guns. NTTAWWT...quite the opposite, it sounds fucking awesome...it's just such a narrow view of the world.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Thanks for inquiring about my statuses, I love mentioning them! I’m Executive Platinum with AA and a Lifetime Titanium status with Bonvoy by way of SPG.

I’ve been to Western Europe many, many times, the Middle East a couple of times (Oman once and every other time Dubai), and Asia once. I was also in Canada once a month for a year pre-Covid.

Everywhere I’ve ever gone people have loved me and respected America. Because we are exceptional.

You can be anything you want in America.

You can even be a billionaire in America and have it not matter that people on the internet don’t like it and spend hours of their time creating fiscal and tax and social policies that are outlandish for the amusement or like-minded internet friends. You can even have opinions like goofy and bull neck that we would be second-hand embarrassed for if we heard the mentally ill drunk at the bar railing about.

America!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm an Aggie, yet you're in the cult. So you've got that going for you. Which is nice.

Sure Jan, George Glass you say.

The only cult I would want to belong to is above the fray of mewling bitter liberals like you and stupid mouthbreathing MAGAs, but Lobo keeps rejecting my application with a form letter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

19 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

Sure Jan, George Glass you say.

The only cult I would want to belong to is above the fray of mewling bitter liberals like you and stupid mouthbreathing MAGAs, but Lobo keeps rejecting my application with a form letter.

Like I said, man, I like this version of you much more. You finally ditched that pussy-footing, just asking questions, transparent as fuck, pathetic little act of yours. Speak your mind. 

I like Sack in that sense too. Most of you, in polite society, like to pretend that you wouldn't be all in on Trump if there was an election redo tomorrow. We know that you're full of shit, but we placate you. He's like, "Fuck that. I'd let him fuck my sister if it meant keeping leftist scum out of the White House." Respect isn't the right word, but it's something.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, Goofyboy said:

We win the incarceration numbers. We are number 1 in the word. Seems like a great thing.

We rank 33 out of 36 industrialized nations in infant mortality.

Want me to keep going? Your American exceptionalism is for rich white men.

Oh I am definitely not of the American exceptionalism variety, and you suggesting as much just demonstrates that you don't really pay attention here. 

But you are a totally divorced from reality lunatic if you would come close to consider trading living in this country for living in a truly third world situation based on a few cherry picked metrics. 

That is just silly rhetoric. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

Haha you could legitimately compete in a woman’s heat and cause zero controversy because you are such a big vagina. Everyone would just nod our heads in unison with a, “yea, naturally!”

negged for unprovoked misogyny 😝

ETA but i also prefer this post-unfrozen-caveman-lawyer persona.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

We win the incarceration numbers. We are number 1 in the word. Seems like a great thing.

We rank 33 out of 36 industrialized nations in infant mortality.

Want me to keep going? Your American exceptionalism is for rich white men.

America used to be exceptional. That process started to end in the Reagan years when an actor got elected president and ultimately culminated with the election of trump. Currently America is the opposite of exceptional, its a steaming pile of dogshit and will continue on that path unless and until trumpism is stamped out completely. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

America used to be exceptional. That process started to end in the Reagan years when an actor got elected president and ultimately culminated with the election of trump. Currently America is the opposite of exceptional, its a steaming pile of dogshit and will continue on that path unless and until trumpism is stamped out completely. 

Wow never thought Jimmy would say it, but nice “make America great again” statement.  Good for you, little man.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 9

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If we want to consider rankings based on certain measures of barbarism, I am inclined to that discussion. 

The guy you didn’t vote for is trying to reverse that. It would help if you advocated for that with a full throat, instead of partially acknowledging that fact. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

We drifted off the exhaust fumes of advantageous geographical positioning, military tech advances largely imported from other countries, and a willingness to shit on everybody else in the world and our own people when it suited our certain geopolitical interests. Before that we were basically a nation built on institutionalized genocide and slavery and cheap land. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

We drifted off the exhaust fumes of advantageous geographical positioning, military tech advances largely imported from other countries, and a willingness to shit on everybody else in the world and our own people when it suited our certain geopolitical interests. Before that we were basically a nation built on institutionalized genocide and slavery and cheap land. 

Holy shit we agree!

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, mchookem said:

negged for unprovoked misogyny 😝

ETA but i also prefer this post-unfrozen-caveman-lawyer persona.

I’m gnashing my teeth. Burst at the seems. Doing everything I can to draw back in @bad_teammatefrom talking about stupid football things and getting back to being the amazing poster in CR. I’m crying out for attention. This is me posting like someone who said they’ve eaten a whole bottle of aspirins but really didn’t.

• Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

@cactusflinthead welcome to the party you pathetic loser. Would you like to pair negging everything in sight with a very stupid opinion as well tonight or just gonna stick with your usual, comfortable preternatural state of cowardice?

So you’re on another suicide mission it appears. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because the jibes at Biden's competence are astounding, given the evidence of mental, and every other kind of incompetence displayed by his predecessor.

The pro-Biden people are not uniform in their support or "like" of Biden except in the context of the last election, in other words, the alternative to Biden.

Given the binary nature of presidential elections in this country, expressing disdain for Biden pretty strongly implies support or preference for his opponent.

So, yeah, but Trump it is.

Until someone wants to legitimately criticize one or more of his policies, instead of making fun of the man himself, they will be treated poorly.

And, making fun of his campaign promise to "shut down" COVID, given the actual measures Biden has attempted, and the reason they have failed, is not really a good-faith argument.  Saying that COVID was going to beat our ass no matter what might be a different thing.  But Biden has attempted far more leadership on the issue than his predecessor.

LOL at attempting to steer this thread towards good-faith arguments. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

The other thing, that I mentioned only in passing in the prior post, is that there is plenty of criticism for Biden coming from the "CR cabal."

While the CR cabal was relentless in its criticism of Trump, there was hardly ever a peep from the "DT crowd" that criticized Trump, or more particularly, any of his horrific policies.

About the best you got from them is an attempt to deny or distance themselves from having voted for Trump.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The other thing, that I mentioned only in passing in the prior post, is that there is plenty of criticism for Biden coming from the "CR cabal."

While the CR cabal was relentless in its criticism of Trump, there was hardly ever a peep from the "DT crowd" that criticized Trump, or more particularly, any of his horrific policies.

About the best you got from them is an attempt to deny or distance themselves from having voted for Trump.

Yep. When the DT crowd shows up in this thread it’s almost always to call Joe an old fool. “Look at what the old fool did now!” Hur hur. 

We did criticize trump relentlessly including his ridiculous cognitive test but there was plenty of criticism of his actual policies as well (family separation for example) and his policy failures (infrastructure week!). Not seeing a whole lot of policy criticisms of old joe in the Biden thread. 

Yep. When the DT crowd shows up in this thread it’s almost always to call Joe an old fool. “Look at what the old fool did now!” Hur hur. 

We did criticize trump relentlessly including his ridiculous cognitive test but there was plenty of criticism of his actual policies as well (family separation for example) and his policy failures (infrastructure week!). Not seeing a whole lot of policy criticisms of old joe in the Biden thread. 

Sure you are. But….drumroll….they are mostly coming from people who voted FOR Biden, because we’re sane and didn’t join a mindless cult that worships a man as a god. We can evaluate a politician on objective measures, and actual policies.

We are a dying breed.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

My only regret is @bad_teammate never took the cue to come on stage left and dominate all you morons. Except mchookem, she’s smart and cool.

Well, that and the boneitis.

I haven't been genuinely interested in this shit since Super Tuesday and my participation after that was mainly inertia. That's when hope died and we have the predictable results

Wake me up when Marjorie Taylor Greene is about to become president because the stupid fucking Democrats think a Harris/Buttigieg ticket is just what the nation needs

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1