COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yes I've seen the article.  And if/when it moves to 6, I'll change my plan from getting the booster in January, to getting it in November.  After checking with my doctor, of course.  Because I'm someone that follows the science and listens to the medical professionals, rather than "doing my internet research."

Perfectly logical thing to do.  I wasn't exactly suggesting horse paste.  I wasn't suggesting anything.  Just passing along an update of what seems pretty imminent. 

My wife checked with her oncologist before she got the booster, even though the CDC was recommending it for immune compromised individuals.  But I'll confess that I didn't check with my doctor but got the booster in the interest of offering an extra layer of protection for her inside our family bubble. 

Best of luck.  And like the commercials say, "Talk to your doctor to see if __ is right for you."

Edited by dcbc

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

They’re probably using the people pills in these studies instead of the horse paste. Maybe it’s not the ivermectin that’s helping but anima grade slop that it’s put in to get them to eat it. 

Clearly it's the apple flavoring that is the key active ingredient.

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not an expert, but 994 really, really high still. It's equivalent to most folks levels like 2-3 months after a shot. I wouldn't sweat getting it now. 

FWIW, I'm getting tested friday morning, and if I'm 994 I'll probably wait till October or Mid Octber. My second shot was April 2nd, and my wife works at a school and we have an almost 4 year old at home. So pretty, pretty similar boats. Granted your second shot was a full 2 months before mine, but damn those levels are amazing. Fuck yeah moderna. 

Got my results this AM - from venipuncture to results in 18 hours.  Pretty good.

652 - 2nd dose March 11th.  Moderna.

Hello booster.

• Hook 'Em 2

I looked last night, and I have seen the post here that antibody levels above 350 are adequate.  But does anyone have a link to anything discussing specific antibody levels and breakthrough infections.  Everything I found last night said there is a correlation, but nothing was specific as to #s.  Just a curiosity.  I'm chart-topping since the pfizer booster and am monitoring via the Texas Cares study.

Y'all sure you want to join the SEC? Go check out the SEC rant political forum (or don't). It's 90% covid is a hoax, vaccines are killing people and creating super mutant strains, everyone that is vaccinated will become dependent on MRNA and die within 5 years, etc. Full retard zone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I gave my mother in law her shot in April (J&J) and she tested positive this morning. She’s an absolute worrywart so a couple months ago I stopped at Kroger and picked her up some D3, zinc, a gummy multivitamin and those Emergen-C powder packs. She’s been religious about taking them all so we’ll see how this goes for her. Unfortunately the one thing she won’t do is get the antibody because of her fear of needles.

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Unfortunately the one thing she won’t do is get the antibody because of her fear of needles.

She's old.  She's early in the case.  She should absolutely get monoclonal antibody treatment.  Get the fuck over her fear of needles.  Death is scarier than needles.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

She's old.  She's early in the case.  She should absolutely get monoclonal antibody treatment.  Get the fuck over her fear of needles.  Death is scarier than needles.

Damn tapa. I meant the antibody test. I wanted her to go a while back and even offered to do her blood draw for her. No dice. If it comes time to get the monoclonal treatment I’m confident I can persuade her to do that. Unlike my wife, her mother actually listens to me….for the most part.

What’s ridiculous to me is that she called the school my niece and nephew go to because she has custody of them. The school said it was up to her if she wanted to keep them in school or not. I don’t understand how it’s an option to continue bringing kids to school when there’s a positive case in the immediate household. Stay your ass at home should be the standard and only acceptable response.

• Hook 'Em 3

The two breakthrough cases of our friends (one in his 30s, the other in her 40s) were no picnic.  Lots of headache and fever with sinus headaches toward the end.  Both were symptomatic for at least a week.  The guy in his 30s has been fighting off a 103 degree fever off and on for six days.  Went to the doc yesterday just to let them give his lungs a listen and was sent home but approved for monoclonal antibody treatment.  Fortunately for both, their respective O2 saturations have been fine. 

He got second pfizer dose in mid January.  She got second pfizer dose in early May.

Edited by dcbc

27 minutes ago, dcbc said:

The two breakthrough cases of our friends (one in his 30s, the other in her 40s) were no picnic.  Lots of headache and fever with sinus headaches toward the end.  Both were symptomatic for at least a week.  The guy in his 30s has been fighting off a 103 degree fever off and on for six days.  Went to the doc yesterday just to let them give his lungs a listen and was sent home but approved for monoclonal antibody treatment.  Fortunately for both, their respective O2 saturations have been fine. 

He got second pfizer dose in mid January.  She got second pfizer dose in early May.

30's and Mid Jan for second dose?  how'd he get second dose so early?

55 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I gave my mother in law her shot in April (J&J) and she tested positive this morning. She’s an absolute worrywart so a couple months ago I stopped at Kroger and picked her up some D3, zinc, a gummy multivitamin and those Emergen-C powder packs. She’s been religious about taking them all so we’ll see how this goes for her. Unfortunately the one thing she won’t do is get the antibody because of her fear of needles.

She won't get the Regeneron antibody because of her fear of needles but she got vaccinated because she was able to overcome her fear of needles?

Posted before I saw your later post

Edited by Bevo

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

30's and Mid Jan for second dose?  how'd he get second dose so early?

I'm mid 30's and got my first 2/1 because we got on a list for unused doses at the end of the day at a large vax site. I know several other folks that volunteered or did the same and got shots early.

Edited by UnivTex34

1 hour ago, UnivTex34 said:

I'm mid 30's and got my first 2/1 because we got on a list for unused doses at the end of the day at a large vax site. I know several other folks that volunteered or did the same and got shots early.

I'm late 40s and got my first dose in late December for the same reason.  Large vax clinic at local hospital and tons of healthcare workers refused.  Hospital turned to county government workers and our small state office got an invite as well. 

7 hours ago, Muy Frio said:

My point was you still research treatments because even if the whole country is vaccinated then some people will still get sick. That’s not “propaganda”. 

I’m aware of what your point is. I’m also aware of what you’re doing here based on your extensive and thoroughly well documented posting history, at your own hands of course. Just because at this point in time you are humbled and every now and then make a valid point or post doesn’t excuse all of what you did in the past to help kill people with your bullshit anti vax rhetoric. As Brando once said in The Godfather when talking to the five families, and “that is something I will not forgive.” 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m aware of what your point is. I’m also aware of what you’re doing here based on your extensive and thoroughly well documented posting history, at your own hands of course. Just because at this point in time you are humbled and every now and then make a valid point or post doesn’t excuse all of what you did in the past to help kill people with your bullshit anti vax rhetoric. As Brando once said in The Godfather when talking to the five families, and “that is something I will not forgive.” 

Fuck that.

Muy Frio, please tell all your buddies to take copious amounts of the horse worm medicine. Tell them to keep at it despite shitting their brains out. Tell them they need to stay true to their conviction and keep shitting to own the gubment.

Also, just read a FB post from a prominent Anti-Vaxxer that sticking a needle through your dick will also boost your Covid immunity. Please share that with all your friends. The larger the needle, the better. It's true, I promise.

Edited by crash_davis

He also defeated the virus using not a vaccine, but rather Tauntaun Paste.  

(spoiler alert, the inside of that tube does not smell like apples) 

Edited by Lobo

38 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Tauntaun paste has to be Lukewarm, or it won't work.

That begs the question of what it's actually supposed to be working. Does shitting your brains out feel better if the medicine is cold or lukeworm? To stave off covid, I think the more you take the better the immunity protection. Hot or cold doesn't matter. Just make sure you use lots and lots. And again, fight through the shits for the gainz, bro.

BTW for anyone considering the TXCARES study, it was super easy.  Fill out survey, few seconds later they text you a CPL req, go to CPL and give blood, then they send you results via text.  Wife and I did it, should have results in tomorrow.  We have a friendly wager riding on which one of us has higher levels.  She got PFE and I got leet level MRNA. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

BTW for anyone considering the TXCARES study, it was super easy.  Fill out survey, few seconds later they text you a CPL req, go to CPL and give blood, then they send you results via text.  Wife and I did it, should have results in tomorrow.  We have a friendly wager riding on which one of us has higher levels.  She got PFE and I got leet level MRNA. 

butt stuff?

18 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Lot of people smarter than me in here about this stuff but this thread seems encouraging.  TLDR: 

That paper also shows two other things. First, a naive person + a vaccine appears to generate more neutralizing Abs than someone with prior COVID infection. Second, a person with a history of a prior COVID infection who gets vaccinated has an ever greater response that someone who has only completed a standard vaccination. That's useful as a model for what a booster shot will do, and should provide evidence to those who think their natural immunity from having been infected is sufficient. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Doing it.

For those who haven't - https://sph.uth.edu/projects/texasCARES/join

Where to get your blood drawn - https://www.cpllabs.com/locations/texas/

There's sites all over the place - Austin has quite a few, and many of them are open at 7am, and it's walk-in (once you've filed out the stuff above).

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Go to the one at medical arts square.  Your results may vary but yesterdy when I went—-it appeared to be a Half antibody test site and half yoga pants competition.  Proximity to UT helped. 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Go to the one at medical arts square.  Your results may vary but yesterdy when I went—-it appeared to be a Half antibody test site and half yoga pants competition.  Proximity to UT helped. 

Location on 620 had nobody in the place at noon.  Got the draw, than went to garden at ellera for lunch. 

6 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Y'all sure you want to join the SEC? Go check out the SEC rant political forum (or don't). It's 90% covid is a hoax, vaccines are killing people and creating super mutant strains, everyone that is vaccinated will become dependent on MRNA and die within 5 years, etc. Full retard zone. 

I don't.  I'm still pissed enough that I'm avoiding the football forum for the time being.

Fucking SEC boards like TexAgs and Tiger Droppings were publicly encouraging the Qanon bullshit with the lizard people and covid was a hoax, and the horse paste and the Ancient Chinese Secret Naturally Occurring Laxative that cures covid but can cause retina detachment when you shit or whatever the fuck was their latest covid cure.

Sad thing is, aggy was actually involved with some of the early research last year (of course every university with a vet or medical school was probably raking in federal grants for covid research), and they do have a respected veterinary school that knows plenty about animal-to-human disease transmission.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Damn. You following me around? I think this thing is spreading around like wildfire in Austin. CPL ladies seemed to think so.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

CPL folks told me that more than half of the draws they did today were for the UTCARES study. 

I went in pretty early so it wasn’t that crowded but every swinging dick in there for a blood draw was in there for that. Ladies seemed to know why I was there as soon as I walked in.