COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

5 hours ago, Austinvines said:

Do set your account up with CPL since I did not get the text from CARES 24 hours after draw but got an email from CPL saying my results were ready almost as soon as I created the account.

my experience was similar. created an account ~17 hours after the blood draw. received a results notification ~5 mins after creating the account.

5 hours ago, Austinvines said:

Where can I get my booster Moderna in Austin?

walked in to the walgreens at research/duval last saturday. filled out the minimal paperwork, and then waited for about 5 minutes to get a 3rd moderna jab.

1 hour ago, Bevo in VA said:

So for all you guys getting tested for antibodies. Are there testing locations around Arlington/Ft Worth area? My mom would like to get tested but knows nothing about this sort of thing and I live up here in VA so no idea how to go about it.

Yes. Check out the link up thread, sign her up, and then she can go to any location without an appointment. She’ll be in and out in 15 minutes. There are locations all over DFW. 

7 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Moderna #2 on 3/28

>2500

Negative

11 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

Moderna #2 4/4

Negative 

I'm fascinated by this stuff.  I'm just taking the two most recent examples from this thread, and I don't expect these two guys to reveal their vitals and medical history, but what are the explanations for two people who get fully vaccinated around the same time and have drastically different levels?  I'll hang up and let the fake Surly doctors and scientists weigh in.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm fascinated by this stuff.  I'm just taking the two most recent examples from this thread, and I don't expect these two guys to reveal their vitals and medical history, but what are the explanations for two people who get fully vaccinated around the same time and have drastically different levels?  I'll hang up and let the fake Surly doctors and scientists weigh in.

I wonder if exposure acts as a booster.  Having the antibodies actually respond, causing maintenance of higher levels for a longer period?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, South Austin said:

Yes.  They're called pants.  Along with a mask, you should wear them when you go into HEB.

Fuck that. George Washington didn't storm the beaches and Normandy so we could give away our rights. Fuck you people pushing this Pro-Pants narrative. 

It's called Freedom, Commie. 

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I am intrigued as well. My blood type is O positive. I’m not sure how that effects this. I’ve been around my college-aged kids all year until they recently went back to school and they have many direct friends who have come down with COVID but luckily no one in our family has. I would have bet money one of them would have gotten it a few months ago. They both got Moderna as well at the same time as I did. Now I’m very curious to see the families antibody levels. I just did this testing recently due to this thread and out of curiosity…I’ll now see if they can do it 

Im also not the healthiest guy on the block…need to shed a few pounds this winter…so I was surprised to see my levels.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I've read that the tests can vary even for the same person when I was googling about this stuff out of curiosity. 

Mine took about 48 hours to post.  If you don't hear by this afternoon, you should probably get on the horn with them because I doubt anything'll be posted over the holiday weekend.  

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I would think the possible reasons are legion-- everything from over all health to genetics to exposures to the virus to imprecision or inaccuracy in the actual test to how hungover the lab techs were when they did the work up on your test. 

2 hours ago, Tailgate said:

I am intrigued as well. My blood type is O positive. I’m not sure how that effects this. I’ve been around my college-aged kids all year until they recently went back to school and they have many direct friends who have come down with COVID but luckily no one in our family has. I would have bet money one of them would have gotten it a few months ago. They both got Moderna as well at the same time as I did. Now I’m very curious to see the families antibody levels. I just did this testing recently due to this thread and out of curiosity…I’ll now see if they can do it 

Im also not the healthiest guy on the block…need to shed a few pounds this winter…so I was surprised to see my levels.

0+ holla

• Hook 'Em 1

Haven’t kept up with this thread, and I went back a few pages and couldn’t figure out what seems to be common knowledge for thread participants now.  What’s going on where people are posting test results, antibody levels and the usage of that for getting boosters that I thought are only available/recommended for the immuno-compromised right now, here?

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Haven’t kept up with this thread, and I went back a few pages and couldn’t figure out what seems to be common knowledge for thread participants now.  What’s going on where people are posting test results, antibody levels and the usage of that for getting boosters that I thought are only available/recommended for the immuno-compromised right now, here?

https://sph.uth.edu/projects/texascares/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Thanks.  So people are doing that, and posting their antibody levels here along with when they originally were vaccinated.   Then as far as getting a booster goes, is that being administered based on results of the antibody tests as part of that study?  Or are people here just kind of guestimating their anti-body levels need a boost and socially engineering access to a booster?

Just now, Goredho said:

Thanks.  So people are doing that, and posting their antibody levels here along with when they originally were vaccinated.   Then as far as getting a booster goes, is that being administered based on results of the antibody tests as part of that study?  Or are people here just kind of guestimating their anti-body levels need a boost and socially engineering access to a booster?

The boosters are not  part of the study.   People are doing what they think is best for themselves based on their results.  It does not seem like it is very difficult to get a third shot if you want one.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The boosters are not  part of the study.   People are doing what they think is best for themselves based on their results.  It does not seem like it is very difficult to get a third shot if you want one.

Thanks again.  Is there a general consensus here as to what antibody levels are where you want to consider getting a booster by whatever means you can?

Edit:  My last question, for personal use only.

Edited by Goredho

Yeah, I've gotten alerts/emails about getting my third one later this month.  I doubt there'll be much of a wait time. 

I'm still consternating over whether I should make the booster Moderna or stick with Pfizer from my first two?

Maybe we should start a separate booster thread because I'm extremely curious as to what other folks my age are doing (switching it up, sticking with current, timeframe, and how their numbers change).  80% of this thread seems to be people about my age, in my state, etc.  It's as good as any other subset I can find.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Thanks again.  Is there a general consensus here as to what antibody levels are where you want to consider getting a booster by whatever means you can?

350 is a number I’ve seen thrown around, but I’m not sure of the source for that and don’t have the time to dig through 20 pages of this thread to locate it.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Podrick's Magic Cock said:

I had a similar experience.  After receiving the text, It took a few hours for my lab results to appear in my CPL account. 

I called them. They had to reset my account because there was some error on my info. Told me to wait 30 minutes and try again. 

Do they not give you the antibody # in the text message? 

"Our records indicate your vaccination coverage will be ending soon.  Press 1 to speak with a patient care representative about boosting your coverage for one low monthly payment."  

We could make enough money in a week to buy a SEZ suite.  Why do I have morals, why god---why?  

52 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Wait a minute, the antibody threshold at which you need a booster is... TREEFIDDY?  If ever we needed a sign that a higher power is looking out for us.

spacer.png

Yeah you have to be real careful around here when 350 or3.50 are involved to make sure it’s real. It also means @blacklab has to give his booster to a former business partner. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1.4M doses reported in the US today. Highest number in 2 months. Getting pretty close to 75% of all adults/73% of eligible population (12+) with at least one dose. Almost 92.5% of seniors 65+ are vaccinated.

Even some of the worst stragglers are making some progress. LA, AL, TN all finally joined the 60% of adults club this week. Only 4 states remain below 60% (WV, ID, WY and MS). 

Texas is at 71% of adults, 69% of eligible population. 16.65M total Texans have had a shot.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I've gotten alerts/emails about getting my third one later this month.  I doubt there'll be much of a wait time. 

I'm still consternating over whether I should make the booster Moderna or stick with Pfizer from my first two?

Maybe we should start a separate booster thread because I'm extremely curious as to what other folks my age are doing (switching it up, sticking with current, timeframe, and how their numbers change).  80% of this thread seems to be people about my age, in my state, etc.  It's as good as any other subset I can find.  

I'm team pfizer for now.  Got my Booster and did the antibody testing about 6 days later so I could see how the booster tapers off over the next six months.  I was over 2,500.  So if it's in the crapper after six months and more boosters are recommended at that point, I may do the old switcheroo.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

350 is a number I’ve seen thrown around, but I’m not sure of the source for that and don’t have the time to dig through 20 pages of this thread to locate it.

I never could find a source for that and decided it was somebody's idea of a very good joke, i.e., tree-fiddy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I never could find a source for that and decided it was somebody's idea of a very good joke, i.e., tree-fiddy.

Dammit, I didn't think of that.  I do remember somebody way up thread that I take half-serious posting the 350 number as the low end.  Never occurred to me he was being sarcastic.  

Shit, my wife and I have told half our family to hurry up and get a booster if their number comes back approaching 350.  Thanks assholes!

"Hey honey, my mom's got her results back.  What was the website that said she wants to be between 350-2500?" 

"What website?  Um, I'd rather not say."  

Edited by Lobo