Markets still falling like whoa

57 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I am going to get me a huge mortgage. 

We bought our last house spring and got a 4.3% 30 year.  (It had come down to that point.)  Didn't expect to be getting a refi this soon but 30 years are coming in under 3% at this point and falling.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We bought our last house spring and got a 4.3% 30 year.  (It had come down to that point.)  Didn't expect to be getting a refi this soon but 30 years are coming in under 3% at this point and falling.

We got 4% in July 2017. Would it be worth looking at a refi ??

On 3/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

One indicator that we still have some more downside are all the headlines from experts touting this as a great time to buy while stocks are on sale.  Bitch please.  We’re still overvalued, but not as much as before.

When the doom and gloom headlines far outnumber the “don’t miss out on this chance of a lifetime opportunity” headlines then we’re probably getting close to a bottom.

Today looks like as good as any to at least nibble.  I plan to cover at least half my $IWM short and go long a little bit of $SPY.  The hell with trying to pick winners and losers on an individual company basis in this shit storm, I'm sticking with indices only.

• Like 1

Question.  And trying not to get too tin foil hatty.

This all just seems like too good of a coincidence that all these things are coming together so seamlessly.

Oil, Markets, Coronavirus etc.

Does anyone benefit from this?  (Not Presidential candidates)

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

This all just seems like too good of a coincidence that all these things are coming together so seamlessly.

Saudia Arabia. Russia/China. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

That batshit crazy friend of your college roommate that stockpiled an armory or weapons for the impending apocalypse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What we have here is price discovery.  Take note of today's lows and there are pretty good odds we will get close to them again within the next couple of weeks / months / minutes.

On the way back up? Honestly asking. I get the feeling that this is going to get worse before it gets better.

18 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Saudia Arabia. Russia/China. 

China has a lot of idle factories and ships sitting off their coast.  

Saudis are getting  close to locking down the whole country over the virus, so they’re going to be taking a huge hit.  Qatar and other Gulf states are headed that way.   

Russia - who knows how bad they got hit, but doesn’t seem to be as bad as other countries (cough = bullet).  

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

On the way back up? Honestly asking. I get the feeling that this is going to get worse before it gets better.

No, we get some sort of bounce that may even be pretty big one then go back down.  These almost "flash crash" like lows in a lot of stocks today should be revisited then.

12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

It's very callous to remark, but it's been eye-opening watching this train wreck play out in slow motion.

Intellectually, most people know this can happen.  Emotionally, few people expect that it ever will happen.  It's been my experience that folks who try to talk honestly about risks and such are mostly dismissed or ridiculed.  A lot of peeps on this board still think I'm the crazy one.  But I know better.  I'm not crazy.  You are all crazy and soon will be trying to steal my magic bag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1