2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

1 minute ago, futureman said:

if holton had come back for a solid senior year with a few more picks and maybe didn’t have the character flags I don’t see how he’d get past day two in a 2019 draft, and very well could be 1st round as a 6’3” 205 lb corner.  but we’ll never know. 

This year should make it obvious that Holton was never going to make it a whole year off the weed. 

11 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dicko the punter aside...because punter.  It's a shame to watch Malik, Deshon, Holton etc because make no mistake.....you declare early and don't get drafted in rounds 1 or 2 you lost.  Congraultations, you are now a "second contract player....good luck"

I don't think Holton was going to get a lot out of trying to play school for another year, lets be honest.

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

if holton had come back for a solid senior year with a few more picks and maybe didn’t have the character flags I don’t see how he’d get past day two in a 2019 draft, and very well could be 1st round as a 6’3” 205 lb corner.  but we’ll never know. 

The thing is that he's now shown under multiple college coaching staffs that he can't overcome those character issues.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Wasn't Malik projected to go early in the 1st round waaaaaaay before last season. Kiper or Mcshay had him going like 9th to the Saints.

DT2FLpwXcAAmcfq.jpg

Who cares what any mock draft says before October.... they're more like watch lists and pretty worthless for non top 10 players.  I don't remember Malik being in any respectable source's top 10.  Connor fell a little after the combine because of his arm length and weight mostly.

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Dicko the punter aside...because punter.  It's a shame to watch Malik, Deshon, Holton etc because make no mistake.....you declare early and don't get drafted in rounds 1 or 2 you lost.  Congraultations, you are now a "second contract player....good luck"

Or maybe they were sick of being “student ath-O-letes” and they were ready to start making money from the craft they’ve been working on their whole life. Nobody knows what would’ve happened if they stay another year. I’ll never fault a player for leaving early, not playing in a meaningless bowl game, and looking out for their best interests. 

2 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Another TE gone, I wonder if Fumagli will be a Cowboy?

Heard they might not even take one.  With or without Witten, seems like they're not hugely concerned there.  They'll want someone who blocks as much, if not more, than receiving.

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

My untrained eye thinks the Giants are having a superb draft. A+

They had the worst net punting average and worst punts downed inside the 20 last year. Maybe they'll take Dicko with their next pick (2nd pick of Round 5).

Edited by Modessit