• Fuente
    • Cristobal
    • Allen
    • Some NFL assistant ....name him
    • Some college assistant.....name him
    • Harbaugh
    • Other....name him

3 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I'm not saying Texas should hire Traylor but they should be open to hiring someone outside their comfort zone.  There are a lot of good coaches out there and most don't currently fit conveniently into the box we want them to be in.  

It's not just about hiring someone out of their comfort zone. It's about paying $15 million to get rid of Herman for someone outside of their comfort zone that would be the issue, I'd imagine. Everyone seems to be forgetting or underestimating that with Covid we're going to have to rely on donors footing the bill. They would for Urban. They won't for Traylor. 

Edited by mdmost

Just now, mdmost said:

It's not about hiring someone out of their comfort zone. It's about paying $15 million to get rid of Herman for someone outside of their comfort zone that would be the issue, I'd imagine. Everyone seems to be forgetting that with Covid, we're going to have to rely on donors footing the bill. They would for Urban. They won't for Traylor. 

Yeah but ain’t no one paying shit for another year of Herman either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Fuck it. Traylor.

Fuck it, take my Joe Brady plan from the Urban thread and swap Brady for Traylor.  Texas high school coach to head coach of The University of Texas is some folksy ass shit that could bring us some (temporary) good press.  Surround him with badass coordinators and rainmaker recruiters and LFG.

It's not ideal, but none of this shit is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

It's not about hiring someone out of their comfort zone. It's about paying $15 million to get rid of Herman for someone outside of their comfort zone that would be the issue, I'd imagine. Everyone seems to be forgetting that with Covid, we're going to have to rely on donors footing the bill. They would for Urban. They won't for Traylor. 

I get that but I'm not even talking about this particular hire.  I'm talking about how Texas does all of their coaching hires. 

47 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Fickell is a huge gamble as are all of the likely suspects (outside of Meyer, maybe Mullen). I will hold my decision on whether CDC failed until I see how it all plays out. If we head into 2021 with Herman as the head coach, then yes CDC likely failed. He would be gambling that Herman can turn it around (not gonna happen) or there is a better coach available next year(not likely).

If we replace Herman, it will be a couple of years before we know if he failed or not. A large contingent of our fan base spent so much time sucking each other's dicks after UT hired Herman that they suffered permanent brain damage in the process. Herman was a fraud, but because he was who the media said was the hot guy, most of the fan base was happy. To the same extent, if CDC hires a WR coach from a middle of the road ACC team (Dabo's profile) he will get crucified before we ever see the results. Coaching hires are a crap shoot, always have been. 

I think someone made a pretty good case on Fickell being a better candidate than Herm was at his peak.  I think I'd be ok with that.

Yeah.. throw the money out the door.  Herman isn't going to magically turn the corner here, wins over KState and KU don't mean shit.. we already been through this after the '17 win vs Mizzu, '19 win vs GA and the '19 win vs Utah..  We all wished he had turned the corner yet here we are, again.

Fuck the buy out money and focus on coaches available 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If you have a chance to go to the CFP every year by beating oklahoma or by beating georgia then bama. You're picking that goergia then bama scenario? I could be wrong but his chance at a title improves significantly here. 

Also have to deal with LSU, aggy, Auburn and the dirty recruiting over there.  What scares you more, tcu/baylor or LSU/Auburn?

Bohls already said Mullen will not happen

CDC has made 3 hires at head coach since he’s been here. All three have been lauded, and were at the top of their sport in the college profession- uo softball coach, uk track coach, msu lady basketball coach. 

he deserves the opportunity to make the correct football hire. We apparently armed him well to solicit urban, that didn’t work. But if he wasn’t aware of the rules of engagement, that’s likely his own fault. Though I wouldn’t rule out the bmd changing their minds on funding a change that’s not urban, leaving him out to dry and telling him that’s his problem. 

if he does his due diligence and thinks fickell or anyone else is the right fit, and can convince the money, I will have some level of faith instead of starting from a position of doubt. 

If we offer Traylor 3 years at 2 million per season, plus a million for beating oklahoma, 2 million for a 10 win season, 2 million and an automatic extension for a conference title, and more incentives for higher things, and hire the best assistants money can buy, at the very worst Traylor is cheaper than Herman, at the very best, he costs us more and wins a lot.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

If you have a chance to go to the CFP every year by beating oklahoma or by beating georgia then bama. You're picking that goergia then bama scenario? I could be wrong but his chance at a title improves significantly here. 

Dude...there is so much more that goes into it than that. He’s not walking away from something he’s currently building, in the shitty ass SEC east, where he can own that division, is already out recruiting us, can play in a conference that gets more publicity whether it’s real or not, is already playing for conference championships and playoff spots... like come on. Saban isn’t coaching forever and Kirby smart sucks

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

That's exactly what I'm looking for in a head coach, someone that looks for the easiest path to victory. Why lose to Alabama in the conference championship game when you can lose to them in the playoffs?

Just now, closetohumping said:

Also have to deal with LSU, aggy, Auburn and the dirty recruiting over there.  What scares you more, tcu/baylor or LSU/Auburn?

Bohls already said Mullen will not happen

Yeah but he said it came from his Florida higher up source lulz. If I'm a BMD or in the AD's office at florida that's the same shit I would say to keep Mullen. I think it makes plenty of sense for Mullen to come to Texas, but does CDC like Mullen? no clue 

I'd just like to say fuck football at this point

fuck the Houston boosters for saddling us with Herman without a proper search

fuck the president of the University for extending him over CDC's objections

fuck the boosters IF they won't buy out Herman 

fuck Tom Herman

and Urban, if you won't come here, fuck you too

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

If we offer Traylor 3 years at 2 million per season, plus a million for beating oklahoma, 2 million for a 10 win season, 2 million and an automatic extension for a conference title, and more incentives for higher things, and hire the best assistants money can buy, at the very worst Traylor is cheaper than Herman, at the very best, he costs us more and wins a lot.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

wow maybe you should take your negotiating skills to an athletic department, you are going places.

Shit, go get Traylor, retain Yurcich and take the shackles off of him. Keep Ash, unless Muschamp would come back. Put together a World class group of recruiters and get this train back on the tracks. That is the easiest and cheapest way to salvage the program. I'm not sure Traylor could obtain as good of coordinators on his own.

CHIEF

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think someone made a pretty good case on Fickell being a better candidate than Herm was at his peak.  I think I'd be ok with that.

I'll need to look deeper into Fickell, but being G5 coaches isn't larger reason Strong and Herman have failed, it's because they were just the wrong guys period. 

There are only two Sure Deal candidates out there. One may have just told us "Thanks but no thanks.", and the other just isn't going to happen because it's Art Briles. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's not just about hiring someone out of their comfort zone. It's about paying $15 million to get rid of Herman for someone outside of their comfort zone that would be the issue, I'd imagine. Everyone seems to be forgetting or underestimating that with Covid we're going to have to rely on donors footing the bill. They would for Urban. They won't for Traylor. 

I thought I read some speculation that Texas won't have to pay Herman's full buyout because of "reasons", guessing that was a bunch of BS though.

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fuck it, take my Joe Brady plan from the Urban thread and swap Brady for Traylor.  Texas high school coach to head coach of The University of Texas is some folksy ass shit that could bring us some (temporary) good press.  Surround him with badass coordinators and rainmaker recruiters and LFG.

It's not ideal, but none of this shit is.

CTJ already said that Joe himself has said he's not ready to be a college fb head coach.  That' being said, how about Joe HC, Will DC, Traylor OC.?  Tell me you can't sell a guy that turned Duane Haskins backup into a #1 pick and potentially the face of the NFL in one year?

I think we should at least give some thought to the coach CDC is most familiar with, he would have an idea of whether he's interested and if he would work out - the Fort Worth Fat-ass, I would take him, at least he would have some passion and demand something from his players

Edited by Loather
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Shit, go get Traylor, retain Yurcich and take the shackles off of him. Keep Ash, unless Muschamp would come back. Put together a World class group of recruiters and get this train back on the tracks. That is the easiest and cheapest way to salvage the program. I'm not sure Traylor could obtain as good of coordinators on his own.

CHIEF

and, if that doesn't work, this would be the easiest train to depart from.  

Look Traylor may very well be a solid hire, and honestly some of y’all are making him sound intriguing, but holy fuck it sucks if our options go from one of the GOAT college coaches to a dude who’s 6-4 at UTSA with only one year of G5 head coaching experience. If one of the dings on Herman was that he wasn’t prepared for this job, how on earth is Traylor prepared? At least people like Campbell have multiple years of experience and relative success at P5 stops. Fuck it, throw 8 - 10 million/year at Mullen and make him say no.

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Sherman for OL. Don't forget him.

The foregoing 20-something posts about Traylor illustrate how barren the landscape is. We've pretty much debunked PJ, Franklin, Campbell, Fickel, Peterson, Patterson, and Harsin. We've decided Dabo, Satan, (insert appropriate NFL coach here), and Mullen won't come. Now, we're down to talking about Jeff-Fuckin'-Traylor in realistic terms. (I like him, btw.) Oh, yes, I almost forgot: NSD1 is 9 days away. Nine fucking days. Jesus-God, what's this world coming to? 

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

but holy fuck it sucks if our options go from one of the GOAT college coaches to a dude who’s 6-4 at UTSA with only one year of G5 head coaching experience.

You're not wrong, but that's the reality. 

The only way we're going to get anyone with any decent D1 record is if they're fired, and... well, they got fired for a reason. You're gunna have to take a chance on someone. 

The only reason we were in it with Urban Meyer at all was because he's not coaching. That is a unique situation. Find you a damn coach. 

Edited by UncleBuck

5 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

if you can't trust your new head coach to hire the right coordinators, you're hiring the wrong head coach

if we learned ONE THING from Strong and Herman, we should've learned that

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I thought I read some speculation that Texas won't have to pay Herman's full buyout because of "reasons", guessing that was a bunch of BS though.

I love you guys but you have to stop buying what these 9.95 types are peddling. If they had "reasons" to fire Herman, it would've happened by now. Sadly, I'm gearing my balls to be thoroughly kicked with the reality of another failed season under Tom Herman. Thanks Fenves and the Board of Regents for extending a guy literally no one was coming after. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Look Traylor may very well be a solid hire, and honestly some of y’all are making him sound intriguing, but holy fuck it sucks if our options go from one of the GOAT college coaches to a dude who’s 6-4 at UTSA with only one year of G5 head coaching experience. If one of the dings on Herman was that he wasn’t prepared for this job, how on earth is Traylor prepared? At least people like Campbell have multiple years of experience and relative success at P5 stops. Fuck it, throw 8 - 10 million/year at Mullen and make him say no.

To be clear, I don't think anyone with a brain is expecting CDC - who would be making the biggest hire of his career - to hire a 1-year head coach at a G5 program. I think people are saying that Traylor will be a star in the future.

Edited by USMCHorn

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'd just like to say fuck football at this point

fuck the Houston boosters for saddling us with Herman without a proper search

fuck the president of the University for extending him over CDC's objections

fuck the boosters IF they won't buy out Herman 

fuck Tom Herman

and Urban, if you won't come here, fuck you too

and fuck 2020

CDC, this wasn't your fault, you're ok

for now

5 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

The foregoing 20-something posts about Traylor illustrate how barren the landscape is. We've pretty much debunked PJ, Franklin, Campbell, Fickel, Peterson, Patterson, and Harsin. We've decided Dabo, Satan, (insert appropriate NFL coach here), and Mullen won't come. Now, we're down to talking about Jeff-Fuckin'-Traylor in realistic terms. (I like him, btw.) Oh, yes, I almost forgot: NSD1 is 9 days away. Nine fucking days. Jesus-God, what's this world coming to? 

Would you rather talk about Jeff fucking Traylor or Jeff fucking Fischer?

Just now, UncleBuck said:

You're not wrong, but that's the reality. 

The only way we're going to get anyone with any decent D1 record is if they're fired, and... well, they got fired for a reason. You're gunna have to take a chance on someone. 

That’s fair but I’d rather take a chance on someone with more head coaching experience at the college level, but like you’re alluding to the options aren’t necessarily great because I’m not sure someone like Cristobal or Franklin would be any better than Herman - they both lose to teams they shouldn’t and make questionable in-game decisions. I’m high on Matt Campbell but I’m certainly no expert.

• Hook 'Em 1