Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Wonder how he would react to Biden granting amnesty to all asylum seekers moved around the country by him and other Republican governors? There’s already precedent for doing something similar to this.

At a minimum they should be moved to the front of the line for court dates and this stunt should weigh heavily in their favor. 

Hurricane season coming up, know it won't happen but be nice to have Biden drop a Gerry Ford "drop dead" on floriduh should a hurricane hit them. 

No it won't happen.  Biden will dutifully send aid and Desantis will organize a press conference at the site in which food and water is being distributed to hijack the credit.  Same as it ever was.

Edited by TexasHooch

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, what the fuck?  Russian helicopters? 

The whole thread is a bit confusing, but the way I read it, DeSantis authorized this company to pay 615k to the charter company who supplied the planes and pilots. Uhlfelder tried to call the owners and when they wouldn’t talk to him he went out to the facility and was rebuffed. Now the website is offline but people are posting it from internet archive

6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

You know who DeSantis won't be kidnapping and shipping across the country?  The 160,000 Cubans that have come across the southern border this year. 

We should start an internet rumor that lots of people are saying he’s shipped thousands of Cubans to Nevada.  Watch Las Vegas start dominating the LL World Series in about five years.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We should start an internet rumor that lots of people are saying he’s shipped thousands of Cubans to Nevada.  Watch Las Vegas start dominating the LL World Series in about five years.

Coach: "I live my life by three simple rules.  Never get less than 12 hours sleep.  Never go near a lady that's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body.  And never bet on a little league team from Nevada.  You stick with that?...everything else is cream cheese."  

• Hook 'Em 1

the twitter reaction to this is...something.

gop trolls are dunking on the citizens of martha's vineyard for not being prepared and "getting a taste of their own medicine", or something equally idiotic.

libs are replying by showing the outpouring of money and manpower who came out to help by providing food, shelter, medical attention, and for basically being decent human beings.

both sides seem to think they "won".  this is not just who these people are, it's who they actually want to be.  bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

12.3k per seat. You could get the whole jet for under 20k for a 4 hour flight

This is what I was wondering.  I saw pics showing it was a Dornier jet (which are kinda rare), going rate ~$5k/hour, and the bird was N359SK.  Tracking it that day, even if you were paying for the positioning flight from Cincy it’s maybe 8 hours = $50k max including food/staff which is arguable they bothered with.  Here’s what that planes day looked like + flight times:

Akron-Pellston: 1:07

Pellston-Cincinnati Municipal: 1:11

Cincinnati Muni-San Antonio: 2:45

San Antonio-Crestview: 1:48

Crestview-charlotte: 1:11

Charlotte-Martha’s Vineyard: 1:37

It’s registered to Ultimate Jet Charters according to the web, which itself is registered in North Canton, Ohio.  An article I read shows they have some kind of regular flights out of Cincy Municipal so I’m assuming that’s a base of some kind.  It can seat up to 30.  

The Vertol thing makes no sense.  They have some hangers in Crestview (Destin) so assuming that’s why the Dornier flew there.  You can see their webpage on waybackmachine, it looks like their primary mission is providing training and support for Russian helicopters.  

So why was a foreign helicopter niche firm, based out of Oregon, paid 10x the cost of the charter to subcontract with a charter operator to fly a few dozen folks from Texas-Florida-Charlotte-Martha’s Vineyard?

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

gop trolls are dunking on the citizens of martha's vineyard for not being prepared and "getting a taste of their own medicine", or something equally idiotic.

In their minds it's like people come across the border and just camp out in the first state they get to. Big East Coast cities are still magnets for immigrants, but I guess they think that stopped in the 1920s. Little county seats in Alabama have stores reopening in dead downtowns because somebody from Veracruz is taking a chance.

• Hook 'Em 3

This is what we need to fucking remember.  I've got it queued up to the starting point.  DeSantis is just as dangerous, if not more so than dotard and people are just itching to pull the trigger for him in 2024 if dotard isn't the candidate.  Anti-trump Rs that voted for Biden will switch right back.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

If Latin Americans were shocked by stuff like this, nobody would be fleeing Latin America.

Venezuelans who have settled in Florida have become enamored with the Republican Party. The antics of both Desantis and Abbott have them a bit confused.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I understand that you are on tilt against reality.  

I may be wrong, and I will certainly entertain anyone that ones to set some wagering lines.

AGAINST reality?  I've been the one calling it straight up for years now.

I just find the pleasure you find in it unseemly.  

• Like 1