Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I figured conservatives would be up in arms about how much taxpayer money is being spent on transportation for these people. Texas is paying almost $2000 per bus ticket. Haven’t seen how much the private charters for the jets cost, but I imagine it is way over the list price. I guess no price or scam is too great as long as you get to own the Libs right?

SIAP but if so, worth a mention again because it's just too too good:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

This last stint in Surly jail has reformed me. I’m currently out on good behavior, so it’s going to have to be gifs until my probation is over. 

Have you ever even read a Poe story? Watching the Simpson’s Halloween special doesn’t count

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Oh my God.

again - cheerleading or dismissing or even apologizing for this evil cannot be reconciled with the teachings of Christ and there is no such thing as a decent person who thinks this is OK in any way. Our country would be so much better if we could replace every piece of shit cheerleading this stunt with a random migrant.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Yeah fuck anyone that thinks this is funny or an effective point. DeSantis doesn’t believe these were human beings nor does anyone that even remotely defends it. 

I’ve said before that no decent person supports Donald Trump. Now I can say that no decent person supports Ron DeSantis. They may deceive you into thinking they’re decent people because they don’t mistreat YOU. But watch your back because deep down they’re not decent people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:
Follow the money.

Glad someone did the research, because it sure seemed that way...

On 9/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

In addition to fundraising off of the political grandstanding w/immigrants, is anyone else curious as to whether they're laundering money or in some way funneling the tax dollars through the bus charters and back into their own pockets?

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Yeah fuck anyone that thinks this is funny or an effective point. DeSantis doesn’t believe these were human beings nor does anyone that even remotely defends it. 

Wonder how he would react to Biden granting amnesty to all asylum seekers moved around the country by him and other Republican governors? There’s already precedent for doing something similar to this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

Oh my God.

This is incredibly cruel. Lying to the migrants about who, what, where and why they are getting on a plane? Making them miss court dates due to being in the wrong state? Giving them false hope, and using their hunger as a way to gain trust? It's just downright deplorable. 

How the fuck does that manufactured situation have anything to do with the border crisis?  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Wonder how he would react to Biden granting amnesty to all asylum seekers moved around the country by him and other Republican governors? There’s already precedent for doing something similar to this.

Amnesty for what? There's zero indication that they've done anything wrong- quite the contrary.

Edited by TexasHooch
I suppose many of them are involuntarily missing court dates.

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

Oh my God.

Did I hear correctly that DHS officials had to sign paperwork before these people got on the planes, and that the DHS officials falsified information on those forms? Seems it should be pretty easy to figure out who filled out the forms

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

This is incredibly cruel. Lying to the migrants about who, what, where and why they are getting on a plane? Making them miss court dates due to being in the wrong state? Giving them false hope, and using their hunger as a way to gain trust? It's just downright deplorable. 

How the fuck does that manufactured situation have anything to do with the border crisis?  

Fair point. Amnesty is the wrong term. How about an updated, targeted wet foot, dry foot policy crafted in the image and likeness of the 1966 policy that governed Cuban asylum seekers? 

7 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Amnesty for what? There's zero indication that they've done anything wrong- quite the contrary.

Fair point. Amnesty is the wrong term. How about an updated, targeted wet foot, dry foot policy crafted in the image and likeness of the 1966 policy that governed Cuban asylum seekers? 

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Did I hear correctly that DHS officials had to sign paperwork before these people got on the planes, and that the DHS officials falsified information on those forms? Seems it should be pretty easy to figure out who filled out the forms

rogue officials

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Find a couple of them, grant them citizenship, and security clearances, give them offices in the White House with staffs and budgets and the title of “Special Adviser to the President.” They’d have to be at least as qualified as Jared and Ivanka. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Find a couple of them, grant them citizenship, and security clearances, give them offices in the White House with staffs and budgets and the title of “Special Adviser to the President.” They’d have to be at least as qualified as Jared and Ivanka. 

Yeah, that would put a stop to all this bussin’ and flyin’ in a nanosecond.

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Yeah, that would put a stop to all this bussin’ and flyin’ in a nanosecond.

Even better, there's a ton of detention centers in TX and FL. He can pardon and release a number of detainees equal to (or fuck it double) the number of people used as props in these stunts. Turn it into a televised town hall where he can learn about what they've gone through.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Fair point. Amnesty is the wrong term. How about an updated, targeted wet foot, dry foot policy crafted in the image and likeness of the 1966 policy that governed Cuban asylum seekers? 

Fair point. Amnesty is the wrong term. How about an updated, targeted wet foot, dry foot policy crafted in the image and likeness of the 1966 policy that governed Cuban asylum seekers? 

Amnesty is not the solution, don't reward these poor people for winning the Desantis lottery. They deserve humane treatment, a chance to be heard in court (assuming they can't make the hearings) and any other accomodations that would be reasonable. They are victims of a scam here, but thankfully the people of Massachusetts are willing to sort it out. 

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Even better, there's a ton of detention centers in TX and FL. He can pardon and release a number of detainees equal to (or fuck it double) the number of people used as props in these stunts. Turn it into a televised town hall where he can learn about what they've gone through.

The cherry on top would volunteers who would help them fill out their new voter registration cards!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexasHooch said:

This is going to get real interesting, real fast.

Yes, well...I'm very much in the know.  But for others here...can you explain...real slow...that is a WIX fee, what do they mean by human trafficking vendor, and what about the website now?  Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 2