Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

For a movement that is nothing more than an endless series of contrived temper tantrums, this one is perplexing and vexing. It’s also politically brilliant. It checks all of the dumbest grievances, helps no one, and lines someone’s pockets with that sweet taxpayer cash. Win, win, win.

My son tries to pull stunts like this and we shut it down. I blame poor GOP parenting for DeSantis’ outburst — probably those absentee fathers again.

the guy who lied to a bunch of asylum seekers and shipped them to an unprepared town far away from where they need to be or are trying to go as part of a political stunt to... own the libs for not caring about asylum seekers (?) is going to be the next president (because the values behind such an act are attractive to american voters?), and the guy on the ledge saying that america is lost is... on a tilt against reality, and these things are consistent with one another?

big-tom-hanks-robot.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

DeSantis is going to be the next President.

Morons. We don't elect short, small dicked men for president in this country. The television optics of midgets in power is bad. Imagine Abbott on the stage. No legs or dick. Sad.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

There is a 0% chance that is true, unless they count everyone from central America as "white".  Why even bother making up statistics like this?

It's true that 62% of undocumented immigrants are visa overstays, as opposed to illegal border crossing. You can do the math on the racial differences between those two groups, or why the right only cares about the 38% of undocumented immigrants who crossed the border.

https://cmsny.org/publications/essay-2017-undocumented-and-overstays/

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Morons. We don't elect short, small dicked men for president in this country. The television optics of midgets in power is bad. Imagine Abbott on the stage. No legs or dick. Sad.

Lots of small dick motherfuckers held the office. But I’ll grant the small stature thing. Desantis is an elf. He will have to use a step stool for the debates. Still holding out for newsom vs Desantis for peak entertainment value. 

I don't think the average height is 5'11".  That seems about two inches too tall.  While poe it up is normal height, I can tell you that Anastasis only looks tall because of the elevated pharmacy platform.   He's very likely 5'7" with a 4" dick

DeSantis welcomes Cubans fleeing an authoritarian govt but wants to abuse Venezuelans fleeing an authoritarian govt.

I understand that Cubans have special protection but morally there is zero difference. Every Republican should be furious about Cubans in America. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Underdog said:

Hurricane season coming up, know it won't happen but be nice to have Biden drop a Gerry Ford "drop dead" on floriduh should a hurricane hit them. 

Well they have over 600K for stunts like this so they can cover the natural disasters for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't think the average height is 5'11".  That seems about two inches too tall.  While poe it up is normal height, I can tell you that Anastasis only looks tall because of the elevated pharmacy platform.   He's very likely 5'7" with a 4" dick

The average height of presidents is what I meant. The American average is shorter, there’s a lot of short guys out there it seems. 

34 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

James Madison was 5’4”. Looks like the average height is about 5’11”, doesn’t seem all that tall really. Of course, I know that all of us that spend so much time on Surly are over 6’ and look like Fabio, so we can be judgmental. 

The invention of TV kind of “changed the optics”.  Literally.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://grantstern.substack.com/p/records-confirm-ron-desantis-political?utm_medium=email

Records confirm Ron DeSantis’ "political stunt" flights landed in Florida Panhandle

Exclusively obtained public records help to explain why two charter flights hired by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis landed in a public airport in northwest Florida as part of his deceptive, potentially illegal political stunt targeting 50 Venezuelan immigrants.

Significantly, the newly released documents from Okaloosa County incontrovertibly places the two chartered aircrafts inside Florida after arriving from Texas.

It also confirms the state’s use of the two charter planes having tail numbers N359SK and N411FJ to transport 50 Venezuelan immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.

That’s an important point for those who believe Governor DeSantis overstepped his authority under the state’s 2022 budget which contains a line authorizing transportation from the state but not into the state.

DeSantis is extremely uncharismatic. Take a second to listen to him talk more than a sound bite. Even if you agree with him 100%, I challenge you to continue to watch this video for more than a minute. 

he’s going to struggle to pull in the untraditional trump voters. Those voters will love his cruelty but they won’t be motivated. 

Exclusive?  That stuff is all avail on FR24/FlightAware.  Interesting they both started at different airports in San Antonio, flew to that little Destin airport where Vertol has hangers, stopped for fuel (I’m assuming) at different airports in SC, then flew to Martha’s Vineyard.  Wonder what the passenger manifest looks like on both of those.  

Not saying it’s some grand conspiracy, and if Vertol had some consulting/subcontracting role in all this it makes sense to go through airports where they have infrastructure…but the huge amount of money, apparently flying people from Texas thru Florida, and the connections of the Vertol owner all seem off.  

My guess is they went with who they knew to keep it quiet until after the fact, and are using their positions/relationships to spend states money in a shady way…or paying Vertol to manage a slew of these flights, and this was the first.   Regardless, it’s interesting to think about.  

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

DeSantis is extremely uncharismatic. Take a second to listen to him talk more than a sound bite. Even if you agree with him 100%, I challenge you to continue to watch this video for more than a minute. 

he’s going to struggle to pull in the untraditional trump voters. Those voters will love his cruelty but they won’t be motivated. 

Picking up an Aging Youth Minister vibe.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Did some Googling

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/1540.103

Do I trust that these MAGA pilots filled out their paperwork correctly?

I imagine a pilot would get scared off if they say even the potential of losing their license vs flying one flight for DeSantis.

If the FAA just even said they were looking into the pilots, the DeSantis shuttle might be grounded for lack of pilots.

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I imagine a pilot would get scared off if they say even the potential of losing their license vs flying one flight for DeSantis.

If the FAA just even said they were looking into the pilots, the DeSantis shuttle might be grounded for lack of pilots.

Put their asses on No-Fly lists.

23 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

PS: is there enough money in the wreath fund to hire DeSantis a voice coach to put one milligram of bass in that boy's voice? If he's in line to be God Emperor, I want him to at least sound like his nuts dropped.

"he's an uncharismatic pear-shaped manlet just like me!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

PS: is there enough money in the wreath fund to hire DeSantis a voice coach to put one milligram of bass in that boy's voice? If he's in line to be God Emperor, I want him to at least sound like his nuts dropped.

Ben Shapiro might like to have his voice back.

• Drool 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

DeSantis is extremely uncharismatic.

Some people define charisma differently. Some people find it appealing when someone is coarse, abrasive, foul, and offensive. To them that’s charismatic. It worked for Trump and so people like DeSantis are imitating it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Some people define charisma differently. Some people find it appealing when someone is coarse, abrasive, foul, and offensive. To them that’s charismatic. It worked for Trump and so people like DeSantis are imitating it. 

Hate him all you want but trump knows how to work a crowd, at least to some extent. I see none of that in DeSantis. His supporters will applaud at the right times but that doesn’t mean anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hate him all you want but trump knows how to work a crowd, at least to some extent. I see none of that in DeSantis. His supporters will applaud at the right times but that doesn’t mean anything.

Desantis needs to learn how to do the jerk off two guys dance to YMCA.

Village People Dancing GIF by de chinezen

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Play close attention to Desantis. He’s the big baller shot caller when holding court in front of a fawning, friendly press. But he struggles in the face of opposition. Watch his underwhelming performances in the gubernatorial debates with Andrew Gillum,who routinely dragged his ass for points. 

38 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Play close attention to Desantis. He’s the big baller shot caller when holding court in front of a fawning, friendly press. But he struggles in the face of opposition. Watch his underwhelming performances in the gubernatorial debates with Andrew Gillum,who routinely dragged his ass for points. 

Like that matters anymore. He'll just have a half dozen sound bites like "radical left woke agenda" memorized, and he'll repeat them a hundred times.

• Rage+1 1