Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

On 9/22/2022 at 9:24 PM, Macklemore said:

Thank you for the compliment. I’m honored.

No sorry, I am the embodiment of the new GOP. We want power and to never give it up again. Never have been more motivated to vote than now. We’re more American than apple pie.

It always puzzled me why this song wasn't more popular.  Written in the days of apartheid.  

Edited by Bullneck

On 9/24/2022 at 12:38 AM, tx 3 putt said:

it's going to be a close election, get every vote out

Pshaw...... like DeSantis, the state legislature, the Secretary of State, the DeSantis majority appointed Florida Supreme Ct, and (if it comes to it), SCOTUS, will let DeSantis, Rubio and the rest of the statewide Rs lose.  If Florida and Texas somehow go badly at the voting booth for the Rs, it will be a testing ground for 2024 at the Federal level if GOP gets control of the house, particularly if Moore v. Harper goes the way it is destined to go with this crooked SCOTUS.

Edited by A-Tex Devil

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Any bets on how he will handle Ian?

Yes. Polling places in heavily dem communities won’t get rebuilt quickly.  Orlando and Miami arenas where NBA is opening to allow voting will be condemned as dangerous.  All the stops will be pulled out to rebuild in Panhandle, Lakeland, suburban Jacksonville and Orlando to ensure high voter turnout. 

5 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Pshaw...... like DeSantis, the state legislature, the Secretary of State, the DeSantis majority appointed Florida Supreme Ct, and (if it comes to it), SCOTUS, will let DeSantis, Rubio and the rest of the statewide Rs lose.  If Florida and Texas somehow go badly at the voting booth for the Rs, it will be a testing ground for 2024 at the Federal level if GOP gets control of the house, particularly if Moore v. Harper goes the way it is destined to go with this crooked SCOTUS.

It's just hard for me to imagine the Rs doing poorly enough for someone like DeSantis to lose but also well enough to take the House.

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Any bets on how he will handle Ian?

put a bunch of fundamentalist clerics and judges on a chartered jet to rome and give them tickets to the vatican and then claim some sort of pyrrhic victory that him doing so somehow proves what a hypocritical nimby that pope francis is while useful idiots like johnny sack and workswithseed gleefully spread pre-conceived memes that don't mirror reality in any way like the dumbfuck, stunted children that they are?

at least i think that would be the plan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'm intrigued to watch how DeSantis publicly interacts with the Biden administration during the post hurricane press conferences and statements.  Obviously he will be quick to point fingers but will he refuse to be seen with them.

Trump set the stage that politics never takes a back seat to a public emergency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

a fucking $10 McDonald's gift card.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/26/us/migrants-flight-marthas-vineyard-recruiter/index.html

The migrant says he had been living on the streets of San Antonio for nearly a month when he met a woman named “Perla” who made a compelling offer.

She offered him clothes, food and money, he told CNN, and in exchange, he would go out and find other migrants to serve as passengers on flights to Massachusetts. She gave him $10 McDonald’s gift cards to be given to those migrants who agreed to board the flights, and she told him to say that they and their kids would be treated well upon arrival.

Nope, it's all part of God's plan.  The plurality of hurricanes and majority of the world's hurricanes hit the United States White Nationalist Christian country because we allowed transgender people to take a piss in a public bathroom.  Despite that weather pattern having started 250 years before we permitted such urinary activity.  

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m not a particularly religious person, but for those that are… wouldn’t a Cat 5 hurricane striking Florida the week after the Martha’s Vineyard stunt be a pretty huge fucking sign?

Well the pythons aren’t doing the trick. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

A few livestreams I've seen are kind of surprised at how many people didn't comply with mandatory evacuation notices. I wonder what the Venn diagram looks like between those people and covid deniers....hm.....

Floridians aren't known for their decision making prowess lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m not a particularly religious person, but for those that are… wouldn’t a Cat 5 hurricane striking Florida the week after the Martha’s Vineyard stunt be a pretty huge fucking sign?

No. In the world of idiocy and make believe, signs are only seen when it fits their narrative of scaring idiots to punish others. For example, the Hurricane can be a sign that allowing trans or queers to coexist is bad, because it scares the rubes to punishes others for merely existing. 

33 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

A few livestreams I've seen are kind of surprised at how many people didn't comply with mandatory evacuation notices. I wonder what the Venn diagram looks like between those people and covid deniers....hm.....

27 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Floridians aren't known for their decision making prowess lol

Branch Covidians can't trust any science whatsoever these days.

25 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

We’d have to compare statistics with previous mandatory evacuation orders. You’re never going to reach 100%. Some people don’t have the means (and DeSantis ain’t flying any poor Floridians to Massachusetts). Some think they can deal with it or are afraid looters will take their shit while they’re gone. Some may have evacuated in the past and the storm wound up missing them or wasn’t as severe as predicted so they’re distrustful. But there are no politicians telling them that the hurricane is a “Democrat” hoax and it will soon disappear like magic. So while there may be some intersection, I doubt that there’s much of a causal relation between the two. 

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We’d have to compare statistics with previous mandatory evacuation orders. You’re never going to reach 100%. Some people don’t have the means (and DeSantis ain’t flying any poor Floridians to Massachusetts). Some think they can deal with it or are afraid looters will take their shit while they’re gone. Some may have evacuated in the past and the storm wound up missing them or wasn’t as severe as predicted so they’re distrustful. But there are no politicians telling them that the hurricane is a “Democrat” hoax and it will soon disappear like magic. So while there may be some intersection, I doubt that there’s much of a causal relation between the two. 

I dont' think there's a causal relationship either, except maybe that long covid means impaired cognition

4 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

This could go in multiple threads (Abbott, Desantis). but everything Newsom says here I agree.:

https://www.msnbc.com/alex-wagner-tonight/watch/-we-need-to-call-them-out-gov-newsom-wants-democrats-to-push-back-on-gop-governors-149408837659

Absolutely.  100%.  Need more of Newsom and more like him.  Gloves need to come off entirely across the party.  

Credit where credit is due. At least DeSantis has the brain not to come out the morning after a Cat 4 hurricane hits his state and say some dumb shit like "it coulda been worse"

image.png.a6017c8db06d408a10af2366afe3a4cf.png

On 9/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, chainsaw said:

On 9/28/2022 at 8:39 AM, chainsaw said:

That and I think there's an element of "I didn't die in all the other hurricanes so I will be fine"

Nobody alive in that area had ever been through any storm of that magnitude. My wife lived through two weather events in the five years she lived in Clearwater Beach. They were big nothing-burgers. I think that was the thinking here -- it would either miss them or it couldn't be that bad. Unfortunately, it was that bad -- and probably worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

now he wants Biden's help and federal money.

https://www.newsweek.com/desantis-biden-florida-hurricane-ian-1746899

When Hannity asked about the call with Biden, DeSantis said: "What I said today is my phone line is open when people's lives and their property are at risk like this.

"We all need to work together regardless of party lines. The Biden administration has approved our request for a pre-landfall declaration and did that very quickly. So we're thankful for that."

DeSantis said that there will be more requests for federal assistance, especially for Floridians that may have been displaced by the major storm.

DeSantis' comments echo previous remarks he gave where he said that "we don't have time for pettiness" when people's lives are at stake and that he is willing to speak to Biden about preparations and responses to the hurricane.