Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

I think he just digs up old Nazi speeches and replaces "Jew(s)" with "woke."

QFT. Seriously. Listen to ALL of these MAGA-shits’ speeches. Sub in “Jews” where they refer to woke or liberals. There’s not an original thought in there. Same as you heard in the 1930s.

Also….I’m actually liking this “write in Trump” for Fla gov campaign. If it costs DeSantis 1-2 points, that may be enough. And you know the cultists will obey and more importantly, Trump won’t be able to resist joining in.

On 8/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, Brisketexan said:

QFT. Seriously. Listen to ALL of these MAGA-shits’ speeches. Sub in “Jews” where they refer to woke or liberals. There’s not an original thought in there. Same as you heard in the 1930s.

Also….I’m actually liking this “write in Trump” for Fla gov campaign. If it costs DeSantis 1-2 points, that may be enough. And you know the cultists will obey and more importantly, Trump won’t be able to resist joining in.

Now that might be worth passing the hat for a targeted Facebook ad campaign for the write in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where this goes, although DeSantis has taken "credit" for doing this.  I'm mostly just sad.  That putting 2 year olds on a plane across the country with no warning, no telling them where they're going, or even letting people at the destination know, is applauded by a lot of the country.

I just keep going back to my father teaching me that a society is based on how it treats those with the least among us. And the right today mocks the "elite" and the libs, but they're actually taking care of these Venezuelan immigrants, many of whom are young children, while the Floridians are pieces of shit reveling in their cruelty.

• Rage+1 2

On 8/31/2022 at 11:15 PM, Pancho said:

I noticed recently that NPR at least has begun actually using the word "lie" when they talk about dOTarD'S claims. As in "Trump's lie about about the election being stolen was repeated by blah blah blah candidate in blah blah blah state."

Used to be "Trump's claim...."

Then it was "Trump's false claim..."

Now its "Trump's lie.....

• Hook 'Em 2

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/desantis-migrants-marthas-vineyard-immigration-florida-00056870

The Republican governor had floated for months that he was prepared to bus undocumented immigrants to Biden’s home state of Delaware. Early on, he had also suggested he would send some to Martha’s Vineyard. And earlier this year, DeSantis got the Republican-led Florida Legislature to set aside $12 million for the effort. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/15/desantis-migrants-marthas-vineyard-immigration-florida-00056870

The Republican governor had floated for months that he was prepared to bus undocumented immigrants to Biden’s home state of Delaware. Early on, he had also suggested he would send some to Martha’s Vineyard. And earlier this year, DeSantis got the Republican-led Florida Legislature to set aside $12 million for the effort. 

I've been to Martha's Vineyard several times.  The people there will rally hard to help these migrants, but the Island is small, and in the process of closing for the Winter.  It has virtually no support services for this.  To do this to migrants, who have no idea what's going on, is the definition of cruelty.   Essentially, they will be ferried to the Cape, then the state will have to find housing for them.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

I've been to Martha's Vineyard several times.  The people there will rally hard to help these migrants, but the Island is small, and in the process of closing for the Winter.  It has virtually no support services for this.  To do this to migrants, who have no idea what's going on, is the definition of cruelty.   Essentially, they will be ferried to the Cape, then the state will have to find housing for them.

Yes.

Also fucking over Charlie Baker, one of the last sane elected officials left (who is retiring).

Also DeSantis was there not long ago collecting cash.  

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Not sure where this goes, although DeSantis has taken "credit" for doing this.  I'm mostly just sad.  That putting 2 year olds on a plane across the country with no warning, no telling them where they're going, or even letting people at the destination know, is applauded by a lot of the country.

I just keep going back to my father teaching me that a society is based on how it treats those with the least among us. And the right today mocks the "elite" and the libs, but they're actually taking care of these Venezuelan immigrants, many of whom are young children, while the Floridians are pieces of shit reveling in their cruelty.

A) How is that even legal?

B) When DeSantis and Abbott ship illegal immigrants off to other states, what’s to stop those states from shipping them right back?

I mostly mean B as tongue-in-cheek because it would be inhumane but there ought to be some clever way to retaliate. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A) How is that even legal?

B) When DeSantis and Abbott ship illegal immigrants off to other states, what’s to stop those states from shipping them right back?

I mostly mean B as tongue-in-cheek because it would be inhumane but there ought to be some clever way to retaliate. 

DeSantis is a sociopath.

There's no way to retaliate, because these are human beings not political props.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Look, if you wanted to send them to Boston in some sort of Blue states vs. Red States commentary, it would still be cruel, but I guess I could see the outline of a point.  But the Vineyard literally has nothing for these folks.  This would be like California rounding up Skid Row and sending it's denizens to downtown Highland Park, which has no ability to absorb them.

Which raises a completely separate point about housing affordability and wealth inequality in this country. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Very telling that the side that claims to be the party of traditional values, likes to use powerless people as political stunts.

I imagine many of them are chuckling at how DeSantis showed them libs today.

Shipping powerless people vast distances is pretty traditional, like, goes back to the Assyrians.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head on Martha's Vineyard stunt.  They're literally trapped on an island that has no real social services network.  As Bateshorn mentions, that's another discussion for another time and maybe downtown Boston would be asshole-ish, but logistically feasible.  I mean, even Abbott could't imagine something so fucked up.  It's literally the least equipped patch of U.S. soil to house undocumented immigrants.  

$50 says Abbott tries to one up him and sends the next batch of kids to Catalina Island (no wine mixer) or Block Island.  Some ultra blue patch of just estates with no services or clinics.  

This isn't even Orwellian because ole' George would just take off his glasses, rub his eyes, and shout in futility, "No, you can't have the State send people to Martha's Vineyard...nobody's gonna believe that!  I can't spend 4 pages setting the scene of how beautiful it is on the island in Autumn...and then introduce the downtrodden brown children.  That's how a dystopia works...that's not how any of this works!"  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I'm scratching my head on Martha's Vineyard stunt.  They're literally trapped on an island that has no real social services network.  As Bateshorn mentions, that's another discussion for another time and maybe downtown Boston would be asshole-ish, but logistically feasible.  I mean, even Abbott could't imagine something so fucked up.  It's literally the least equipped patch of U.S. soil to house undocumented immigrants.  

$50 says Abbott tries to one up him and sends the next batch of kids to Catalina Island (no wine mixer) or Block Island.  Some ultra blue patch of just estates with no services or clinics.  

This isn't even Orwellian because ole' George would just take off his glasses, rub his eyes, and shout in futility, "No, you can't have the State send people to Martha's Vineyard...nobody's gonna believe that!  I can't spend 4 pages setting the scene of how beautiful it is on the island in Autumn...and then introduce the downtrodden brown children.  That's how a dystopia works...that's not how any of this works!"  

My dipshit magat brother probably masturbated a few times to this shit. It makes not sense to normal people. But this shit isn't mean to appease us. It's to appease the lowest common denominator assholes.

We are about -><- close to a "put them all on an island and either A) hunt them or B) enforce a Hunger Games type scenario."

Ghouls the lot of them.  The politicians, the base.  Anyone providing any type of support or shelter to this cruelty is a subhuman worm.  DeSantis just seems to be the King of the Hateful Castle atm.  May he eat shit and die.

• Hook 'Em 2

It's always fun to update Jesus's parables and apply them to the right:

In reply Jesus said: "A man was going from Guatamala, fleeing a drug cartel that wanted to kill him and seize his daughters as sex slaves, when he found himself on the brink of starvation, having crossed a desert, a river, and another desert with limited supplies and no money. He went to a prosperity gospel preacher for help, but they had just had the carpets cleaned so the preacher refused him shelter. He went to the Christian governor for help, but the governor shipped him to Martha's Vineyard with no support or direction so he could own the libs. But a pinko, commie libtard saw him and took pity on him. He clothed him, and fed him, and sheltered him. He brought him to an immigration lawyer and said 'Look after him. When I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell victim to drug cartels and gangs?”

The expert in the law replied, “The bleeding heart, pinko commie libtard who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Look, if you wanted to send them to Boston in some sort of Blue states vs. Red States commentary, it would still be cruel, but I guess I could see the outline of a point.  But the Vineyard literally has nothing for these folks.  This would be like California rounding up Skid Row and sending it's denizens to downtown Highland Park, which has no ability to absorb them.

Which raises a completely separate point about housing affordability and wealth inequality in this country. 

The GQP point is to inflict pain on others, both the immigrants and The Ds.   

In their eyes they're sticking to a bunch of rich white people who they assume l vote D.   

Charlie Baker's official statement on Martha's Vineyard:

"On behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I thank each and every person who was on the ground and quickly came together to provide assistance on the Vineyard.

The Commonwealth has many resources for assisting any individuals who arrive in Massachusetts with varying immigration statuses and needs.

We are working with all partners involved to make sure that said resources are available to every migrant who arrived last night.

In addition, myself and Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito are exploring setting up temporary shelters and humanitarian services at the Joint Base in Cape Cod.

We will share additional information about the situation as soon as it becomes available."

When asked by a reporter about Ron DeSantis, Baker immediately said "no comment."

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

"On behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I thank each and every person who was on the ground and quickly came together to provide assistance on the Vineyard.

The Commonwealth has many resources for assisting any individuals who arrive in Massachusetts with varying immigration statuses and needs.

We are working with all partners involved to make sure that said resources are available to every migrant who arrived last night.

In addition, myself and Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito are exploring setting up temporary shelters and humanitarian services at the Joint Base in Cape Cod.

We will share additional information about the situation as soon as it becomes available."

When asked by a reporter about Ron DeSantis, Baker immediately said "no comment."

Charlie Baker sounds like a libtard.

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

that's leadership 

The best thing about that good Samaritan parable, like Buck alluded to, is that Samaritans were considered unchristian brutes, who were as likely to rob/rape/murder you as look at you. Maybe that was true, maybe it was just good ol' fashioned prejudice. Either way, using a Samaritan as the good guy made the parable that much more powerful.