Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That really sucks and it's exactly what pieces of shit like @Johnny Sack @Incredulity and @Anastasis want.  They crave that people who aren't like them to be miserable. 

It's the Christian way. 

Seriously, fuck you and the bitchass name check.

I don’t run around this board making all kinds of LGTBQ slurs then emote about how fucking compassionate I am, unlike several of the hive mind leftists.  Fucking hypocrites.

lol it's funny to see shitheads get mad when they're called out for being shitheads.

19 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I don’t run around this board making all kinds of LGTBQ slurs then emote about how fucking compassionate I am, unlike several of the hive mind leftists.  Fucking hypocrites.

this is some high grade copium, advanced making shit up to attack people you disgree with and paint with a broad (and imaginary) brush. I'd love to see some examples since you're so on the ball with it

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

As someone asked above, why? What policies of his do you particularly support?

I love his handling of the schools and his leadership in general. I haven’t been excited to vote for anyone in a long while, so it’s a welcome change. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

I want to chase a yellowish fuzzy ball around the court with my racket until my body fails me, fly fish every mountain stream and tropical flat I can find, sail in as many beautiful spots I can, see some cool shit under the water and love my wife while we walk together for the next 35-40 years. I don’t have time to have any other agenda.

so why I’m a threat is still a god damned mystery to me. 

Your paragraphs remind me of this:

“Grown-ups like numbers. When you tell them about a new friend, they never ask questions about what really matters. They never ask: ‘What does his voice sound like?’ ‘What games does he like best?’ ‘Does he collect butterflies?’ They ask: ‘How old is he?’ ‘How many brothers does he have?’ ‘How much does he weigh?’ ‘How much money does he have?’ Only then do they think they know him. If you tell grown-ups, ‘I saw a beautiful red brick house, with geraniums at the windows and doves at the roof…,’ they won’t be able to imagine such a house. You have to tell them, ‘I saw a house worth a thousand francs.’ Then they exclaim, ‘What a pretty house!” --The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Expury

The sharp scent of a newly opened can of tennis balls and the laughter of a well-placed shot, the sunlight glinting off the water as the wind passes through the rushes--these are the evocative senses, the images, the scents, the essential nature of humanity and friendship and the many different kinds of love. But as the prince says, grown-ups like numbers--how many points, how many fish, how much was the boat. But as he also states, "it is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

They cannot imagine a world so vast and wonderful that numbers become irrelevant. That the heart is uncontrollable and free. It frightens them.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Self-absorbed leftists think life revolves around them.  News at 11.

Says a member of the party that's so impressed with itself that it gets to play god with everyone else's freedoms and lifestyles?  Get the fuck out of here.  And I'm not even a leftist.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

“It’s really great how he uses political power to punish companies that disagree with him/me. I particularly love how kindergarten teachers can be sued or fired for conducting family tree projects or displaying their own family photos in the classroom. Also, I’m a big First Amendment guy.”

Imagine being such a shitty teacher that you feel obligated to discuss homosexuality with kindergartners. Put aside your ideology for two seconds and fucking teach. 

• Fuck You 16

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Imagine being such a shitty teacher that you feel obligated to discuss homosexuality with kindergartners. Put aside your ideology for two seconds and fucking teach. 

...unless you have a teaching degree. We don't want that kind of institutional "grooming."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s really great how he uses political power to punish companies that disagree with him/me. I particularly love how kindergarten teachers can be sued or fired for conducting family tree projects or displaying their own family photos in the classroom. Also, I’m a big First Amendment guy.”

When the majority ultimately begins to resist/fight back against minority rule, the response is going to be the only remaining tool available punitive. First come fines, then firings, then followed by jailing and then.... you get the picture.

Fascism is a slow burn.

i fear we will look back as a country at some point (and way too late) and all say how the fuck did we get here.

Edited by yoladu

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What are you referencing here? I don't follow.

You see, in his eyes, overreaching Covid and vaccine mandates = fascism, so he thinks that the left calling out bigoted GOP policies that attack personal freedom is hypocrisy.

The GOP jumped on the opportunity that Covid presented to market themselves at "the party of personal freedoms", and Incredulity here thinks that giving the reigns to a bunch of Evangelical pricks is going to lead to even more freedom.

Because he's a fucking moron.

Clear that up for you?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

My son had a gay kindergarten teacher in public school in Texas.  He has multiple friends with same gender parents.  Not because anyone sought them out, but because that's the real world in which people (including homosexual people) exist.  

No one was "obligated" to discuss homosexuality in their classroom.  It isn't about ideology, it is about a fact of the world.  You don't think kids ask questions?  And when you ignore or dismiss their questions, they fill in the blanks on their own.  And when kids asked about who the picture on his desk was, the answer was simply, "That's my husband."  Easy peasy.  

Why do idiot right wingers immediately think any discussion of homosexuality means teaching about sexual acts?  Does it not occur to them for a second that that's not how we teach about heterosexuality either?  It isn't an immediate discussion of heterosexual sex?  

Can't see past their own dicks.  It's amazing.

I think we’ve already had this conversation. I think it was with you, but it could’ve been with someone else. This situation sounds very familiar to me. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Poe It Up said:

I think we’ve already had this conversation. I think it was with you, but it could’ve been with someone else. This situation sounds very familiar to me. 

I don't recall having it with you, but if we did, what did you learn from it?

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

That you think this is a serious problem and some kind of real targeted agenda by the gay/leftist elementary teachers of the world or even a common occurrence sis fucking idiocy.  It's a made up problem to drum up voters to allow Desantis to implement replacement theory based legislation.  Period.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

And where is this right wing utopia where homosexuals don't exist and kids never learn about them? 

It’s not a utopia, but I have a lot of property and it’s slower than my city life. I live in a rural part of Montgomery County. I grew up here and moved back after spending my 20’s in Austin and Houston respectively. 

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not a utopia, but I have a lot of property and it’s slower than my city life. I live in a rural part of Montgomery County. I grew up here and moved back after spending my 20’s in Austin and Houston respectively. 

Montgomery County does check out.  But I grew up there, too, and aggie08 is exactly right.

42 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You see, in his eyes, overreaching Covid and vaccine mandates = fascism, so he thinks that the left calling out bigoted GOP policies that attack personal freedom is hypocrisy.

The GOP jumped on the opportunity that Covid presented to market themselves at "the party of personal freedoms", and Incredulity here thinks that giving the reigns to a bunch of Evangelical pricks is going to lead to even more freedom.

Because he's a fucking moron.

Clear that up for you?

You guys are awesome.  Quite impressive cognitive dissonance.

4 hours ago, troph said:

All the haters. I’m done being nice. Kindness gets you nowhere with them. I believe anyone that would reconsider ignorant positions already has. There are outliers, there are folks who will still come around but it’s a safe bet to assume they won’t. So fuck the haters, every last one of them. 

I came out on this board 7 years ago to be that person they now know so that familiarity could wash away the uncomfortable feelings that come with the unknown. This board has been amazing but at times very turbulent. It’s not as bad as it once was (however the last couple of years are the second most turbulent times) but I do believe those that were open to changing their minds have. The rest are callous, indifferent, dangerous fossils.  Fuck all the haters. 

the irony is, they espouse a God who created the marvels of the universe, the fantasies of the deep sea and the hidden complex world at the atomic level, a creator so creative he created master pieces humans will never see simply because he wanted to. Yet humanity isn’t one of those subject matters, difference, diversity, complexity are not evidence of that same creator but instead of satanic influence wanting to come for them and their children. 

I got news for them, I just want to raise my kids lovingly to be strong moral citizens and good stewards of our planet. I want to chase a yellowish fuzzy ball around the court with my racket until my body fails me, fly fish every mountain stream and tropical flat I can find, sail in as many beautiful spots I can, see some cool shit under the water and love my wife while we walk together for the next 35-40 years. I don’t have time to have any other agenda.

so why I’m a threat is still a god damned mystery to me. 

You be You. If someone else can’t handle it, fuck’em !

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

My son had a gay kindergarten teacher in public school in Texas.  He has multiple friends with same gender parents.  Not because anyone sought them out, but because that's the real world in which people (including homosexual people) exist.  

No one was "obligated" to discuss homosexuality in their classroom.  It isn't about ideology, it is about a fact of the world.  You don't think kids ask questions?  And when you ignore or dismiss their questions, they fill in the blanks on their own.  And when kids asked about who the picture on his desk was, the answer was simply, "That's my husband."  Easy peasy.  

Why do idiot right wingers immediately think any discussion of homosexuality means teaching about sexual acts?  Does it not occur to them for a second that that's not how we teach about heterosexuality either?  It isn't an immediate discussion of heterosexual sex?  

Can't see past their own dicks.  It's amazing.

my 14 year old has two trans friends in lake travis. I think officially they are non-binary but it's no big deal to any of them. my 14 year old has a trans parent and gender non-conforming friends. he's straight and cisgender as can be. you can't catch this, even if you wanted to.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Yea the kids might catch the gayness. Should probably just pretend they don’t exist.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Your paragraphs remind me of this:

“Grown-ups like numbers. When you tell them about a new friend, they never ask questions about what really matters. They never ask: ‘What does his voice sound like?’ ‘What games does he like best?’ ‘Does he collect butterflies?’ They ask: ‘How old is he?’ ‘How many brothers does he have?’ ‘How much does he weigh?’ ‘How much money does he have?’ Only then do they think they know him. If you tell grown-ups, ‘I saw a beautiful red brick house, with geraniums at the windows and doves at the roof…,’ they won’t be able to imagine such a house. You have to tell them, ‘I saw a house worth a thousand francs.’ Then they exclaim, ‘What a pretty house!” --The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Expury

The sharp scent of a newly opened can of tennis balls and the laughter of a well-placed shot, the sunlight glinting off the water as the wind passes through the rushes--these are the evocative senses, the images, the scents, the essential nature of humanity and friendship and the many different kinds of love. But as the prince says, grown-ups like numbers--how many points, how many fish, how much was the boat. But as he also states, "it is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

They cannot imagine a world so vast and wonderful that numbers become irrelevant. That the heart is uncontrollable and free. It frightens them.

rock on. yes!

my soon to be wife says to me I don't like people, I tell her that's not true. I say I like interesting people, people who are a bit of a mystery, ones that you have questions you want to ask but shouldn't, the kinds of questions you only deserve answers to from years of relationship and proximity. numbers are irrelevant. learning why people are the way they are over time is much more interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 1