Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m afraid it’s not bullshit. 

If by "here" you mean your tract of land and the ones next to it outside of Cut n Shoot, New Caney, or whatever "rural" part of Montgomery county you live in.  Fine, you 10 folks have your Trump parties.  If you mean that LGBTQ people aren't "common" (whatever that means) in Montgomery County?  Then, yeah, it's bullshit.

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If by "here" you mean your tract of land and the ones next to it outside of Cut n Shoot, New Caney, or whatever "rural" part of Montgomery county you live in.  Fine, you 10 folks have your Trump parties.  If you mean that LGBTQ people aren't "common" (whatever that means) in Montgomery County?  They, yeah, it's bullshit.

It’s not compared to Chad’s reality.  His child’s teacher was gay and also has multiple classmates with same sex parents. That’s just something that isn’t common here, no matter how many times you tell me it is. 

• Fuck You 5

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Which makes your existence even more pathetic. Homosexual educators "queering up the classroom" with sorted details of their sex lives isn't an issue in your area. At all. In fact, you're apparently not personally  aware of a single openly gay teacher. You have no first hand or anecdotal experience of any classroom "indoctrination." None.

YET, it's an important issue to you all the way in Florida. Because someone somewhere is telling you that inappropriate behavior by leftist teachers has run amok. And that's bad. Because they said it's bad.

You may want to assess how you got to this point.

My children’s education is very important, it’s one of the reasons I was able to retire in my 20’s after selling a threading patent. They do an amazing job of weeding out those that are too ideological here and Desantis does the same. I’m excited to vote for him. 

• Fuck You 12

So DeSantis is saying that people who get a degree in education/teaching are less qualified than people with "real world" experience?

Is he going to remove doctors, nurses, EMTs , etc from the medical field for Boy Scout troop leaders who removed a splinter during a day hike with a fanny pack first aid kit?

A modern day Pol Pot.

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not compared to Chad’s reality.  His child’s teacher was gay and also has multiple classmates with same sex parents. That’s just something that isn’t common here, no matter how many times you tell me it is. 

I don't know what "common" means?  I know there are trans kids at Conroe ISD schools.  I know there are many same sex parents with kids in Conroe ISD schools.  There were at least 3 gay teachers and coaches when I was in high school there in the '90s and I doubt that was some historical anomaly.  Again, perhaps you mean whatever backwater rural part of Montgomery county you are in.  But Montgomery County isn't remarkably dissimilar to any suburb in Texas and what Chad was describing is reality in all of those suburbs from The Woodlands to Lake Travis to Cibolo to Frisco.

Edited to add:  Just say it out loud.  You fear the LGBTQ community.  The question is, "why"?

Edited by A-Tex Devil

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

My children’s education is very important, it’s one of the reasons I was able to retire in my 20’s after selling a threading patent. They do an amazing job of weeding out those that are too ideological here and Desantis does the same. I’m excited to vote for him. 

God damn, dude. You're in a full-on sprint to be the embarrassing grandpa that your kids have to preemptively apologize for whenever they drag you into public.

"I'm sorry, waiter. He's from a different time. Back then, some dumbasses thought that homosexuality was an 'ideology.' He voted for Trump...twice. Yeah, that's what I'm dealing with. Don't take it personally."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I don't know what "common" means?  I know there are trans kids at Conroe ISD schools.  I know there are many same sex parents with kids in Conroe ISD schools.  There were at least 3 gay teachers and coaches when I was in high school there in the '90s and I doubt that was some historical anomaly.  Again, perhaps you mean whatever backwater rural part of Montgomery county you are in.  But Montgomery County isn't remarkably dissimilar to any suburb in Texas and what Chad was describing is reality in all of those suburbs from The Woodlands to Lake Travis to Cibolo to Frisco.

We had very different experiences growing up in Montgomery County. And that’s ok. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

God damn, dude. You're in a full-on sprint to be the embarrassing grandpa that your kids have to preemptively apologize for whenever they drag you into public.

"I'm sorry, waiter. He's from a different time. Back then, some dumbasses thought that homosexuality was an 'ideology.' He voted for Trump...twice. Yeah, that's what I'm dealing with. Don't take it personally."

Why would I be discussing gay people with my grandchildren? You’re a strange dude. 

• Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Why would I be discussing gay people with my grandchildren? You’re a strange dude. 

"My husband and I went on a hike over the weekend" isn't "discussing gay people" you fucking sociopath. Do you act like this every time a heterosexual person mentions their significant other?

Like, you know with absolute certainty that you're going to wind up on the wrong side of history, but you persist nonetheless. It's oddly fascinating.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"My husband and I went on a hike over the weekend" isn't "discussing gay people" you fucking sociopath. Do you act like this every time a heterosexual person mentions their significant other?

Like, you know with absolute certainty that you're going to wind up on the wrong side of history, but you persist nonetheless. It's oddly fascinating.

So in this scenario I’m an old grandpa and this gay couple comes up to me and my grandchildren to tell us about their hike. Interesting. 

As always, it will depend on who writes the history. People often forget that detail. 

• Fuck You 11

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And you're hoping that the people who want to outlaw abortion, ban gay marriage, and make being different a sin "win." We know, man. Congratulations on the enormity of your success. You seem truly happy.

I’m happy as a pig in shit. Although Covid isn’t that fun. 

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If by "here" you mean your tract of land and the ones next to it outside of Cut n Shoot, New Caney, or whatever "rural" part of Montgomery county you live in.  Fine, you 10 folks have your Trump parties.  If you mean that LGBTQ people aren't "common" (whatever that means) in Montgomery County?  Then, yeah, it's bullshit.

"Guys, there are no gay people in The Woodlands." Imagine believing that. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Guys, there are no gay people in The Woodlands." Imagine believing that. 

He doesn't believe it either. He's trolling and there is no reason to give credence to anything he says. 

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nah bro, that's like Deer Park or Clear Lake. Totally fucking different suburbs of Houston. They're basically if Studio 54 were neighborhoods. The Woodlands are the John Wayne of Suburbs. 

I knew someone would come with the provincial shoulder-check, but Houston 'burbs be Houston 'burbs to me.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

My son had a gay kindergarten teacher in public school in Texas.  He has multiple friends with same gender parents.  Not because anyone sought them out, but because that's the real world in which people (including homosexual people) exist.  

No one was "obligated" to discuss homosexuality in their classroom.  It isn't about ideology, it is about a fact of the world.  You don't think kids ask questions?  And when you ignore or dismiss their questions, they fill in the blanks on their own.  And when kids asked about who the picture on his desk was, the answer was simply, "That's my husband."  Easy peasy.  

Why do idiot right wingers immediately think any discussion of homosexuality means teaching about sexual acts?  Does it not occur to them for a second that that's not how we teach about heterosexuality either?  It isn't an immediate discussion of heterosexual sex?  

Can't see past their own dicks.  It's amazing.

and they're really, really short, so imagine how far they can think

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

desantis and poe trying to turn the clock back to june 27, 1969.

yurp. incidentally was in NYC this past week and came out of a subway stop right across the street from that site. Was kinda cool to see it "in the wild" ie - didn't plan to go to it, just happened upon it. tipped my mental cap

why would you talk about gay folk? there’s no gay folk here. 

why would you talk about trans folk? What, you wanna be one? 

seems like a nonissue, no one really needs to talk about it. No one’s gay here, not trans either, nope not here. 

Confused Girl GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Imagine being such a shitty teacher that you feel obligated to discuss homosexuality with kindergartners. Put aside your ideology for two seconds and fucking teach. 
Imagine being such a shitty human that you'd actually think this is the case.
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, tchookem said:
8 hours ago, Poe It Up said:
Imagine being such a shitty teacher that you feel obligated to discuss homosexuality with kindergartners. Put aside your ideology for two seconds and fucking teach. 

Imagine being such a shitty human that you'd actually think this is the case.

no thanks