I want my $38 worth of hamburger meat

JFKFC

•  

2021 Texas Football Schedule

Date   Opponent Time/TV Result
Saturday
Sep. 4
Louisiana Football Schedule Louisiana Ragin' CajunsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Saturday
Sep. 11
Arkansas Football Schedule at Arkansas RazorbacksD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Saturday
Sep. 18
Rice Football Schedule Rice OwlsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
2021 Big 12 Games - Dates TBA
Date TBA Baylor Football Schedule at Baylor BearsMcLane Stadium, Waco, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA Iowa State Football Schedule at Iowa State CyclonesJack Trice Stadium, Ames, IA Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA TCU Football Schedule at TCU Horned FrogsAmon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA Kansas Football Schedule Kansas JayhawksDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA Kansas State Football Schedule Kansas State WildcatsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA Oklahoma Football Schedule vs Oklahoma SoonersCotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA Oklahoma State Cowboys Football Schedule Oklahoma State CowboysDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA Texas Tech Football Schedule Texas Tech Red RaidersDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Date TBA West Virginia Football Schedule at West Virginia MountaineersMountaineer Field, Morgantown, WV Time TBA ETTV TBA

Show me a win!

Edited by Bullneck

Here is the full exchange up to the point where I made the bet that I will honor. Unfortunately it looks like Herman needs to coach a game in 2021 before you get your hamburger meat. 

On 11/27/2020 at 3:24 PM, ztejas said:

There is no fucking way he is coaching here in 2021. 

On 11/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, JFKFC said:

On 11/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, ztejas said:

Yeah. $1,000 straight up pussy. @immamaccan escrow.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, ztejas said:

I actually can't do a grand 😆

I'm down for $500. But he ain't taking that bet.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, JFKFC said:

Not all of us were born in to Westlake money.

How about $38 worth of hamburger meat? 

On 11/27/2020 at 3:40 PM, immamac said:

This bet is also sanctioned.Make it so @ztejas

On 11/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, ztejas said:

Hahahaha. I wish I was born into actual money. Born into some decent privilege maybe.

What kind of meat we talking?

On 11/27/2020 at 3:52 PM, Sheep Have Wool said:

On 11/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, JFKFC said:

One pound is $35 ....perfect.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, ztejas said:

I will ship you a pound of ground wagyu if Herman coaches a game in 2021. Gentleman's agreement.

I'm kind of glad at this point that you did not get me on the hook for $500.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Here is the full exchange up to the point where I made the bet that I will honor. Unfortunately it looks like Herman needs to coach a game in 2021 before you get your hamburger meat. 

Ground beef? Make it an A5 wagyu ribeye you dolts.

wow! nice to see fan board bets being honored!  "Good bull!"

But I'd have half-expected you guys to bet on Beyond Meat beef crumbles; Bevo would approve!

(full disclosure: I'm a vegetarian, and so far I've only tried a Beyond Meat burger, that too just once. I was decent, not worth $10 at the eatery I had it. But they seem to be quite popular and have a lot of different products now)

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Dude at this point I’ll be happy if we all even make it to 2021. You got off easy. And it’s not over.

5 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I'm going to have a really hard time getting fired up for next year.

I trust CDC, and he must view this as the best option at the moment, but it sure as hell won't make it easy to spend the money for my season tickets.

Fuck all that. Name Ash interim, and fire Hermans ass.

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

$38 dollar hamburger meat makes one hell of a jucy lucy I bet. 

Word.  The Jucy Lucy at Matt's Bar is one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.  Fortunately I went there the first time with a local, and when the burgers came out, I started to reach for it and he blocked my arm, and shook his head "no."  Then he pointed to a person at another table who was just about to take his first bite, and the dude yelped in pain as the lava-like molten cheese spilled across his lips.  My friend said, "We always wait a few minutes before the first bite." /csb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Word.  The Jucy Lucy at Matt's Bar is one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.  Fortunately I went there the first time with a local, and when the burgers came out, I started to reach for it and he blocked my arm, and shook his head "no."  Then he pointed to a person at another table who was just about to take his first bite, and the dude yelped in pain as the lava-like molten cheese spilled across his lips.  My friend said, "We always wait a few minutes before the first bite." /csb

I may have been that other guy.

• Haha 2

Same overpaid, slightly above average head coach coming back, new overpriced southern End Zone premium seating options that will go surprisingly unfilled, one of the worst home schedules we've had in recent memory.  Yeah, I can't wait until the carefully worded emails about how season ticket sales are all-time highs (using some bizarre metric). 

Look, I don't want to discount how fun it'll be to be back at DKR in full force (I didn't attend a single game for the first time since I moved back from California).  We'll sell some serious season tickets because of how nice it'll be to have 2020 over with and be back with large groups.  But this is a curious gambit by Texas administration.  But that shiny, new quarter billion dollar SEZ project is going to debut in very lackluster fashion.  

K-State used to be a big home game because we were always coming off some embarrassing loss in Manhattan to them, not the case in 2021.  OK-State will be the premiere home game, by a mile.  Kansas, a uniquely bad TX Tech team, LA-Lafayette, and Rice round out the exciting Herman-led 2021 season.  On the heels of a mediocre recruiting class and more coaching staff attrition carried out under the guise that it was a handful of key underpaid assistants that was keeping us from reaching the glory.  

Any temptation I had to re-new my season tickets from 2019 just went out the window with CDC's milquetoast press release which had incredibly strange timing IMHO.  Cherry pick two home games next year to attend.  Pocket the difference and spend a chunk of it on a fun fishing trip to the Ozarks combined with the Arkansas game.  I'm sure though with CFB back in full swing next August, many fans will rush to make impulse buys on tickets to feel normal again.  But CDC should not confuse that as a tacit endorsement of the trainwreck that our program is right now.  

On 12/12/2020 at 11:06 PM, CooterBrown said:

I think I’d rather than 7 pounds of 80/20 from H‑E‑B for $35 than 1 pound of ground wagyu for $35.

Dear whoever I made the bet with, rather than sending me 1 pound of ground wagyu, please donate the $38 to the Central Texas Food Bank. I think that is the one that the team supported early in the Covid-19 crisis. 

All I ask in return is that everyone who posts on this board, for the rest of their lives, does their best to refer to me as the Eternal Meat Champion. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Can I just say that paying premium for ground beef is fucking stupid.  The whole point of Wagyu and Kobe is the intense marbling in the meat.  You can make ground beef as fatty or as lean as you want - why the fuck are you going to pay $38 a pound for something any good (or bad) butcher can make for less than 10?