Alec Baldwin’s wife appears to be a “Spanish” version of Rachael Dolezal

GRHorn

Code switching isn’t really what she was doing though.  I assume she wasn’t spending all her time in The Bronx.

I only know of her because of Alec’s appearances on Howard Stern.  From his description on that show she sounded like a new to America immigrant and that their growing family was very much being raised multiculturally.

My issue with situations like this is when and if a person starts truly benefiting financially from portraying themselves as something they are not.  

23 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Do we know if Alec was in on it or is he THAT stupid?

Seems like he had to be “in on it” in that he met her normal American parents, who probably still call her Hillary.

I mean if my son sat down at dinner today and said I’m now Andreas, I’d say ok Andrew. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

When i was in NY last November, Alex, Hilar(y)ia, and their entire loud brood walked into the tiny bagel shop i was in to order right after me. alec looked fuckin exhausted with his family. all of it hits close to the homeaway.

He always looks hungover imo, but if he actually spends a substantial amount of time with his 5 kids then his baseline status is probably exhausted. 

Hilaria-“Alec, mi amor, I’m taking los niños to go get some, how do you say, eh eh, bagels. Would you join us?”

Alec- “You want to take all the kids?”

Hilaria-“Sì”

Alec-“Fuck”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Apparently she’s walking back her heritage confusion by stating that she meant that “home” is wherever her parents are currently living. And that she would be saying the same thing about being Chinese if her parents lived in China.

This is what bored, rich bitches do to pass their time.  Jesus Christ she's a bumbling idiot.  

53 minutes ago, alincoln said:

She was willing to overlook his insanity for his money and he was willing to overlook her insanity for her assets.

[csb]At UT in the 90s there was some white chick working on a language paper in our computer lab. I didn't know her but we chatted, her English was normal American. She had a small daughter with her who was whiter than she was. The woman kept speaking to the child in very good, but not native speaker, Spanish. Cool, como sea. Got some blue-eyed Spaniard dude in the woodpile I guess.

But then she stopped working on the paper, went into the hall, and did a scream. A horror-movie-getting-eaten-by-worms-from-the-ankles-up scream. I about shit. The small child didn't seem fazed.

The woman came back in, calm, and said she just did that from time to time. I never saw her again, but other people in the building lost their shit on other days, when she'd rip another scream.

She was fairly bodacious and not too hard on the eyes, but strangely seemed to be single. [/csb]

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Apparently she’s walking back her heritage confusion by stating that she meant that “home” is wherever her parents are currently living. And that she would be saying the same thing about being Chinese if her parents lived in China.

giphy.gif

Home is where the heart is. 

live, laugh, love 

52 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

[csb]At UT in the 90s there was some white chick working on a language paper in our computer lab. I didn't know her but we chatted, her English was normal American. She had a small daughter with her who was whiter than she was. The woman kept speaking to the child in very good, but not native speaker, Spanish. Cool, como sea. Got some blue-eyed Spaniard dude in the woodpile I guess.

But then she stopped working on the paper, went into the hall, and did a scream. A horror-movie-getting-eaten-by-worms-from-the-ankles-up scream. I about shit. The small child didn't seem fazed.

The woman came back in, calm, and said she just did that from time to time. I never saw her again, but other people in the building lost their shit on other days, when she'd rip another scream.

She was fairly bodacious and not too hard on the eyes, but strangely seemed to be single. [/csb]

Klazomania?

sounds like good ole Primal Scream Therapy. 

A woman shouts, "Go away, leave me alone!" as she takes a swing at a punching bag. A couple yell at each other. A man rocks back and forth, holding a teddy bear, sobbing. Another man screams and weeps in a therapist's arms.

This is primal therapy, and it's quite something to behold. Founder Dr. Arthur Janov once described his psychotherapy method as "the most important discovery of the 20th century," but the vast majority of people in the mental health community see it as pseudoscience or even a kind of scam. That hasn't stopped Janov and his supporters from touting it as a mental health treatment that's simpler and more effective than everything else out there.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/9bgppa/primal-therapy-arthur-janov

Spoiler

Janov's peers have never been entirely convinced that his method works. A 1996 poll of practicing psychologists asked therapists what they felt were the most effective treatments available and found that primal was the approach "most in question as to soundness."

"Primal therapy has been pretty much debunked by all of the legitimate psychological organizations," says Janja Lalich, author of Crazy Therapies. "Very few legitimate therapists still use the treatment at this point."

Lalich argues that primal therapy exhibits many of the characteristics of a cult, comparing its emphasis on controlled catharsis to what she describes as the "high arousal" techniques used by sects to brainwash and subdue believers.

"These kinds of techniques essentially make the person more vulnerable," she says. "So whatever the situation is, trying to convince people that they're getting better, or they're crazy—no matter what your problem is, they've got the same answer."

In response, Janov says, "We have 50 years of published material to the contrary. We have several scientific articles in the journal Activitas Nervosa Superior, plus other journals. We do serious science and leave the nonsense to others."

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

We have a case of a white woman pretending to be white.

Spoiler

To tap your brain (whenever, if ever) - does White = Privileged Celebrity, not white folks, in your understanding of these broad categories of data?

Caucasian in the good old US of A has meant White = Non-Hispanic + Hispanic Origin

When looking at old data, I am looking at the intersection of wealth and class definitions. 

I don't know what to call entertainers and demi-gods. That's a separate culture that skews data. But that is our representative melting pot and all the good and bad that comes with that. They are entertainers and have a need to be taken seriously (adored). 

Maybe we get some beneficial cultural integration out of it. But since it's capitalism run amok - the widespread effects will always cause acrimony and distrust.

Not a good look for anyone involved. But the Circus must go on. 

Hook 'em.

Edited by washparkhorn

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The continued fascination with this story is mesmerizing.

It's actually pretty humorous how some people's brains hear the word Spanish and immediately think MINORITY.

I've got this long-distance pandemic online romance going with a native of Hawaii with 100% Portuguese ancestry.  She adamantly insists she is not white, but brown, and a member of a minority group. She is a bit of a public figure and apparently nobody out there challenges her on it, so who am I to argue with her on that point? Maybe in Hawaii, that's just the way it is. (obligatory "no pics")

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

giphy.gif

So she is the latest incarnation of the great Donna Chang?  

20 hours ago, Foosters said:

Let's go with the classic.

RIP Phil

How have I never seen that skit before? I'm a gringo that grew up in deep South Texas and I still pronounce "latin" words the way they're supposed to be.  It drives me nuts when my wife order "jala peen yos" to go with her "gwacamole".  Don't even get me started on the last name  "Ramirez".

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

How have I never seen that skit before? I'm a gringo that grew up in deep South Texas and I still pronounce "latin" words the way they're supposed to be.  It drives me nuts when my wife order "jala peen yos" to go with her "gwacamole".  Don't even get me started on the last name  "Ramirez".

Oy vey.......

I read the NYT article where they interviewed Hilaria Maria de Guadalupe Escudero Martinez Malaguena Sanchez Moreno de Baldwin about all this.

I no longer care if she claims to be anything. I just want to stop reading her words. When I read her words, my brain becomes soft. To steal a phrase from @MaybeACoordinator, it's like listening to an animated Yoga mat.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, austingirl said:

She talks about this in a recent Fresh Air - she was born in the US but moved to London when she was a baby and she lived there till she was 14, then moved back to the US. She said she switches back and forth depending on who she's talking to sometimes but I get the impression she's more comfortable with the British accent for every day. Hilaria Baldwin's actions, though, seem much more intentionally deceptive.  

I can relate to this since I was born in San Antonio but moved to Scotland for 9-11 grade and went to a Scottish public school for 9th.  Subconsciously I started to adopt their speaking patterns just so we could communicate.  It was a different version of English than we use in the US.  It would switch on at school and off at home.  My mom took me with her shopping at and no-one in my family could understand/communicate with the the one guy whose accent was very strong but me.

On 12/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, DougO said:

Seems like it was a good plan for her while it lasted, covering up for being a complete imbecile by blaming it on a language barrier.

Bingo.  It's either stupidity or look at me shit.  Probably more the latter because vanity can really make people look stupid.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:57 PM, babysdaddy said:

Which is why it is so egregious. This shit is hilarious. People are fucking crazy

Hilaria instead of hilarious.  Should that be a thing?  Maybe only to her face.

7 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I can relate to this since I was born in San Antonio but moved to Scotland for 9-11 grade and went to a Scottish public school for 9th.  Subconsciously I started to adopt their speaking patterns just so we could communicate.  It was a different version of English than we use in the US.  It would switch on at school and off at home.  My mom took me with her shopping at and no-one in my family could understand/communicate with the the one guy whose accent was very strong but me.

Sorry to interrupt, sir, but the Captain says he needs Warp 9 out of these engines.

4 hours ago, Lat22 said:

In HS I hooked up with this chick visiting from Detroit. She said queezadillahs. If I hadn't been 16, that would have been a bonerslayer. That and the Rudy T-like Detroit accent she sported. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Lol. Similar background here, similar issues with Houston area wife.

There’s a big difference between casually pronouncing enchilada correctly and what they’re making fun of though. 

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It's actually pretty humorous how some people's brains hear the word Spanish and immediately think MINORITY.

Thanks for checking in, dad. 

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Spanish is white?  I'm not sure if they're even dirty white like Italians and Russians.  How about clean brown?

• Haha 1

I just don’t get the outrage and scrutiny for this story. She’s not really a public figure. Why does anyone give a fuck? People appropriate cultures all the time. Some suburban white kids dress and talk like they’re from the hood. Many black people work hard to speak more “white” in order to assimilate better. Same with Latinos. Some men act like women and some women act like men. Someone explain to me what the big deal is. 

Edited by TonyTexas

55 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

Somewhat on topic but what % of Americans realize Spainiards are white and Spain is in Western Europe?

1 hour ago, PRONG HORN said:

Spanish is white?  I'm not sure if they're even dirty white like Italians and Russians.  How about clean brown?

824ac133-0da6-4999-aab3-74e2bd2b97ec-thu