Alec Baldwin’s wife appears to be a “Spanish” version of Rachael Dolezal

GRHorn

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean, this deal is a little more than picking up an accent.

She’s from an upperclass Boston family - mom’s a physician and dad’s an attorney. Her parents are retired and living in Spain now but from what I’ve read, their family only vacationed in Spain and never actually lived there for any extended period.

This woman -
-changed her name
-has claimed in interviews that she was born in Spain
-speaks with a very practiced accent
-“forgets” English words
-named all five of her children Spanish names

She doesn’t seem to have harmed anyone or anything but this is a bit more than Madonna putting on a British accent when she was married to Guy Ritchie. She completely fabricated her place of birth and the basic story of her life.

Shit’s weird, yo.

It's called having such a laughably easy life that you have to invent nutty shit like this.  Too much time.  Too much money.  Nothing of real substance going on in your life other than media events and the fake Hollywood bubble I'm guessing she lives in.  This makes her "different" and "unique"

When I was in high school, we cooked up a scheme where one of my buddies -- a coonass with a cajun french last name -- pretended to be a french exchange student, speaking shitty english with a fake french accent to try to get girls.  We were happy accessories to his fraud, helping him with the story at every turn.  It didn't work, like, at all.  We thought it was hysterical, and kept it up for a while, but it still didn't work.

That's all I got.

I don't give a fuck about this story, Hilaria, or the OP.

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i was around three different cultures full-time growing up.  i do notice my accents fluctuating whenever i'm back in one of those places or in different situations so i understand how it can be complicated.  

"Code switching" -- it's a real thing.  Put my mother in deep South Texas, and within 2-3 days, she sounds like someone born and raised around Alice and Kingsville (because she was).  Put her in New Orleans, and within 2-3 days, her NOLA accent is that of a native (because she was, until she was 7 or so).  It's a pretty natural and common human behavior.

Again, IDGAF about Hilaria, other than to comment that it's amazing that she kept that figure after 5 kids.

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean, this deal is a little more than picking up an accent.

She’s from an upperclass Boston family - mom’s a physician and dad’s an attorney. Her parents are retired and living in Spain now but from what I’ve read, their family only vacationed in Spain and never actually lived there for any extended period.

This woman -
-changed her name
-has claimed in interviews that she was born in Spain
-speaks with a very practiced accent
-“forgets” English words
-named all five of her children Spanish names

She doesn’t seem to have harmed anyone or anything but this is a bit more than Madonna putting on a British accent when she was married to Guy Ritchie. She completely fabricated her place of birth and the basic story of her life.

Shit’s weird, yo.

white women, amiright?

• Haha 1

Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth about Hilaria.

https://people.com/tv/why-the-hilaria-baldwin-scandal-isnt-funny-its-painful-for-millions-of-immigrants-including-me/

So much pain.

Recently my wife and kids were out for a walk and some mentally deranged dude called her a n**** lover. No I'm not black but obviously not white either. When they got back and told me we all just laughed about the crazy guy.

1 minute ago, ajax said:

https://people.com/tv/why-the-hilaria-baldwin-scandal-isnt-funny-its-painful-for-millions-of-immigrants-including-me/

So much pain.

Recently my wife and kids were out for a walk and some mentally deranged dude called her a n**** lover. No I'm not black but obviously not white either. When they got back and told me we all just laughed about the crazy guy.

So....what are you?

tenor.gif?itemid=9594212

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

While I had a good laugh at this, I must say that it's better than fat chicks on dating apps who's profile pic is 8-10 years old and taken when they were skinny.

If they are on a dating app, you are lucky if they are fat. The alternative is that they are crazy.

I imagine that applies to the dudes as well.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"Code switching" -- it's a real thing.  Put my mother in deep South Texas, and within 2-3 days, she sounds like someone born and raised around Alice and Kingsville (because she was).  Put her in New Orleans, and within 2-3 days, her NOLA accent is that of a native (because she was, until she was 7 or so).  It's a pretty natural and common human behavior.

Again, IDGAF about Hilaria, other than to comment that it's amazing that she kept that figure after 5 kids.

Nawlins?  You talkin bout Nawlins?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was in high school, we cooked up a scheme where one of my buddies -- a coonass with a cajun french last name -- pretended to be a french exchange student, speaking shitty english with a fake french accent to try to get girls.  We were happy accessories to his fraud, helping him with the story at every turn.  It didn't work, like, at all.  We thought it was hysterical, and kept it up for a while, but it still didn't work.

That's all I got.

I don't give a fuck about this story, Hilaria, or the OP.

If we are ever driving south on hwy 22 into Selma Alabama, I will point out an apartment, still standing, where one night in Juco I and a friend told an exceptionally gullible Redneck 5 girl that my skinny, dazed-and-confused haircut, non-Hebrew-knowing ass was an Israeli Fighter Pilot. It wasn't even to get laid, it was to alleviate boredom. Building needs a Stupidest Kid Was Here plaque, or somethin.

2 hours ago, ajax said:

So much pain.

I think this is the crux of this ridiculous story.  Weaponized victimhood.  Who gives a fuck what accent some rich lady from Boston uses?   No one is being harmed, and no amount of indignant tweets, op-eds or blog posts will make that the case.  The best part is that it all started with a fat girl mad at a skinny girl for showing off her body.  What a world!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, Tom said:

I can believe it.  I grew up here in the US but visited family in England during the summers a lot growing up and as a young adult (immigrant parent).  After about a week or two I'd notice not an accent but an unintentional inflection in random sentences, especially questions, that would mirror my English family.  It honestly wasn't on purpose.  After being back home it would naturally go away.

I have a cute, young female friend that studied at Oxford for two years.  She came back with an accent like Michael Caine.   Stories that started with "these two blokes", etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's not that she transitions in/out of a Spanish accent as much as it is a complete fake persona (for some strange reason)... but she's definitely been playing the long game:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9096393/Inside-Hilaria-Alec-Baldwins-Spanish-inspired-wedding.html

It's just narcissism when you boil it down ... more of the LOOK AT ME! mentality of the celebrity culture and their vapid Instagram followers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

It's not that she transitions in/out of a Spanish accent as much as it is a complete fake persona (for some strange reason)... but she's definitely been playing the long game:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9096393/Inside-Hilaria-Alec-Baldwins-Spanish-inspired-wedding.html

It's just narcissism when you boil it down ... more of the LOOK AT ME! mentality of the celebrity culture and their vapid Instagram followers.

From that piece.  Muy excellente:

• In November 2012, Hilaria spoke with Vanity Fair España, telling how her family couldn't understand how to pronounce her new last name Baldwin
  • She said: 'I had to repeat it to my family three times: Baldddwinnn. And the third time they said Oh, we already know who it is! Why didn't you pronounce it right the first time?'
  • Hilaria's parents, although they retired to Spain in 2011, spent a majority of their lives in the US, her mother a fourth-generation Massachusetts resident and her father's family ties going back to the American Revolution 
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:
  • Hilaria's parents, although they retired to Spain in 2011, spent a majority of their lives in the US, her mother a fourth-generation Massachusetts resident and her father's family ties going back to the American Revolution 

I got this for mi hermana Hilaria:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_and_the_American_Revolutionary_War#:~:text=Spain's involvement in the American Revolutionary War was,many fronts against a coalition of major powers.

3 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

I think this is the crux of this ridiculous story.  Weaponized victimhood.  Who gives a fuck what accent some rich lady from Boston uses?   No one is being harmed, and no amount of indignant tweets, op-eds or blog posts will make that the case.  The best part is that it all started with a fat girl mad at a skinny girl for showing off her body.  What a world!

yep, Amy just a hater.  But someone on twitter had the whole thing teed up and ready to out ol' Hilaria.  I think my favorite part about this stupid ass story is Alec Baldwin having to defend that trollop

Well if somebody with a sense of humor and technology wanted to, they could create a really funny drunken phone call from Alec like from a few years ago.  But in Castilian accent and involving Hilaria.  

9 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

A buddy of mine is British by birth but moved to Texas (with his British wife) in the late '80s. They had 3 daughters before divorcing in the early '90s. The 3 girls all speak with standard Austin/DFW (where the ex-lives & raised the girls) accents.

He remarried an American lady a few years later. They have 2 sons, both raised in Cedar Park. The oldest speaks with a sometimes subtle, sometimes over the top British accent that even one of his half sisters calls him out on as 'fake' and that he's using it to try to get girls (it ain't working; he's too much of a video game nerd).

All I've got after 36 years in Texas is an over the top, on demand Minnesotan accent that comes out after an extra IPA.

Only when you are half in the beg?

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

My Texas drawl comes out when I am in Texas and drinking.  Otherwise, I have a no-accent Colorado news anchor voice. (Auditing a course on broadcast voice and diction is helpful for those looking to mellow a drawl).

I forgot about my ex.  From North Dakota, had been in Vegas and SoCal for 25 years.  On her mom's birthday, she calls a florist in Grand Forks to order flowers.  By the time the call is over, she sounds like Marge Gunderson. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Oh hi dere! Are yer flowers fresh? They are now? Yah, I'd like a dozen. No, make that twoo . It's Ma's birthday, doncha know. Will they get dere on time, ya think?

Started out normal.  Then the lady at the florist knew the family so that started a 10 minute chat.  By the end it was just like you imagined.   It was weird, because I'd never detected even a hint of an accent before that. 

49 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I forgot about my ex.  From North Dakota, had been in Vegas and SoCal for 25 years.  On her mom's birthday, she calls a florist in Grand Forks to order flowers.  By the time the call is over, she sounds like Marge Gunderson. 

Was she havin' sex with tha little fella?

• Like 1

I just realized surely she has old friends who watched her transform into this señora Española and were just like, ¿Qúe pasa?

You might have been able to bust her sooner if you asked her what a tortilla was. A Spanish tortilla is quite different from that of Mèxico.

And as to the outrage from that USA Today chiquita, if some publication offered me enough money, I too would deliver an outraged op-ed deploying numerous buzz words and critical theory from many classes ending in "...Studies." Of course my most recent ancestors got her circa 1880, but still, I am descended from immigrants and I feel diminished by this colonialism of the continent of my forepersyns.

00f5c6655642fa928443474ce8176f38.gif

On 12/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Gillian Anderson(sp?), Scully from X files does an accent thing too. She grew up both in London and the US. She would start speaking with a British accent while there and then an American while in the States and does it unconsciously. I guess to better assimilate.  But she is an actress so that ability served her very well. She was a superb Margaret Thatcher.  

A few years ago, NPR did a story on Selena's "code-switching," comparing clips of her speaking to radio stations in South Texas and Lubbock, respectively. She had more of a Spanglish accent in the former, and Texas twang in the latter. I don't know how conscious it was on her part, given that she was a native English-speaker in South Texas. People tend to morph their language to match their surroundings.

Also, listen to some of Al Gore's speeches when he was in the Senate. Sounds like an animated Appalachian rube, compared to his robotic monotone of the past 25 years. For him, though, the Southern accent was probably more contrived.