Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Just now, irishtexan said:

There's no fucking way Aggy doesn't find a way to get this kid qualified. They'll do his homework for him, claim he has a learning disability and that he can take un-timed tests, hire Katfid to be the test proctor and send in Neil DeGrasse Tyson to take his tests. Demas will qualify. Mark my words.

Didn't d floyd change schools all the time and ended up early enrollee?

I don't mind besmirching guys because the crew they roll with or choosing the wrong school but I hate to ever label anybody due changing schools. 

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I don't mind besmirching guys because the crew they roll with or choosing the wrong school but I hate to ever label anybody due changing schools. 

Fud isn't throwing shade on changing schools, per se, or Demas for doing it. But it's a FACT that kids often end up waiting on the clearinghouse or failing to qualify if they've regularly transferred schools unless their academics are unimpeachable. Demas's grades are already borderline, and changing schools is another complication that historically has tripped kids up during qualification.

The most famous obviously to us would be devonaire clarington who got refused admission even though by all accounts he qualified, and the main reason cited was 4 transfers in 4 years. I forget what the story was with his test scores, however. 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Qualification is the biggest one. He was already questionable, and then he transferred schools, which always lowers the odds of qualifying. 

Transferring from North Forest to Tomball was a great decision. They'll do a better job preparing him for the STAAR, ACT, etc.

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Ok, well his drama surrounding Texas “talking shit” about aggy and the SEC and FWK being his handler should be all the red flags you need then. Demas is trouble. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fud isn't throwing shade on changing schools, per se, or Demas for doing it. But it's a FACT that kids often end up waiting on the clearinghouse or failing to qualify if they've regularly transferred schools unless their academics are unimpeachable. Demas's grades are already borderline, and changing schools is another complication that historically has tripped kids up during qualification.

The most famous obviously to us would be devonaire clarington who got refused admission even though by all accounts he qualified, and the main reason cited was 4 transfers in 4 years. I forget what the story was with his test scores, however. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Ok, well his drama surrounding Texas “talking shit” about aggy and the SEC and FWK being his handler should be all the red flags you need then. Demas is trouble. 

And I agree with all of that. 

Thin skinned enough to be upset at a rival calling out his commited school is telling enough that he's all in the aggyness.

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Chris Vaughn was the story with this test scores.

• Like 1

I haven’t watched much of his tape nor am I one to be able to judge tape at all.(all 4-5 star wideout tapes look the same with the superior athlete catching the ball and running by JAGS for a td) For someone that has, remove the off the field stuff and rankings/bias, how good is demas? Is he like CJ level good coming out of high school or even better? 

9 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I haven’t watched much of his tape nor am I one to be able to judge tape at all.(all 4-5 star wideout tapes look the same with the superior athlete catching the ball and running by JAGS for a td) For someone that has, remove the off the field stuff and rankings/bias, how good is demas? Is he like CJ level good coming out of high school or even better?  

Might be a Julio Jones type of athlete, although it would help to have some current measurables 

19 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

He has the tools to be a future 1st round pick.  I like the Julio comp but Julio was and is an absolute freak.  I’m not sure we’ll see another Julio Jones for quite some time.  That guy is a generation talent like Adrian Peterson.  Demas has the tools to be a great player if he has the right attitude and coaching.  Which is why it makes zero sense he committed to a school that does not use their WRs...

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

reading his mom's tweet (3rd or 4th down)..... is it legal to get scholarship awards on top of a football full ride, and just pocket the $  ???

Probably. Could be for expenses not covered by athletic scholarship. 

I know a guy that was a wr at an fbs school  in the 90s and the staff encouraged the players to get stafford loans to use as spending money. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Probably. Could be for expenses not covered by athletic scholarship. 

I know a guy that was a wr at an fbs school  in the 90s and the staff encouraged the players to get stafford loans to use as spending money. 

All financial aid, loans , scholarships,  grants gets billed to the school. Any excess you can withdraw and use as you like. Buy books, blue books, coke, hookers. Important stuff

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

All financial aid, loans , scholarships,  grants gets billed to the school. Any excess you can withdraw and use as you like. Buy books, blue books, coke, hookers. Important stuff

I put mine in stocks post 2008 and since the loan interest was picked up by Uncle Sam, any return on the stocks was pure profit. Just recently sold what was left to use as a downpayment on my house. /csb

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Demas's grades are already borderline, 

How does one go about obtaining knowledge of high school recruits’ grades? 

I’d love to know when to not get excited about a recruit due to grades, kind of like that beast defensive end we had committed a while back that never made it. ( I can’t remember his name and he’s not showing up on any of the previous class commitment pages, like he never even existed.)

24 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I’d love to know when to not get excited about a recruit due to grades, kind of like that beast defensive end we had committed a while back that never made it. ( I can’t remember his name and he’s not showing up on any of the previous class commitment pages, like he never even existed.)

Lagaryonn Carson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

That’s the guy. Damn shame he never made it. Wonder what happened to him

Dropped out of his JuCo (Coahoma I think) and off the face of the earth.

Too bad, he seemed really enthusiastic, if not the sharpest tool in the shed. Really hard to break out of those awful family situations. 

5 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

You talk to people who have insight into his grades. Generally speaking, thats the coaches at his HS or the ones recruiting him. Its a small world, word gets out. Reporters could also get that info from parents or trainers if they were forthright which is probably rately the case. 

Carson had grade issues but didnt ge also get kicked off his HS team once or twice his senior season?

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Lagaryonn Carson

Would like to see him get a shot at an AAF squad in another year or two. (However long the waiting requirement is.)

That being said, it's kind of difficult to stay in beast mode shape when you're not even in a school and probably don't have the means for a personal trainer 4 to 5 times a week.

Gigem top 100 for 2020 is here ::

1. Tomball WR Demond Demas (Texas A&M commit) – This is not a slight to Evans, who is currently ranked No. 1 in the country per the composite rankings. It is just that Demas is that good. The 6-4/210 junior is incredibly fast and strong and provides serious mismatches.
2. North Shore RB Zachary Evans – Evans helped North Shore to a mythical title this year and is incredibly fast for his size. He also is a powerful between-the-tackles runner so it is not surprising how highly-coveted he is.
3. Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Alfred Collins – I am much higher on Collins than most people are. He comes from a school that has never had an FBS signee and doesn’t have social media, so he goes a little under the radar. Playing both DE and DT for Cedar Creek, he shows incredible quickness.
4. Duncanville ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson – Jackson was the first player in the class to have an offer when Texas Tech gave him one in 8th grade. A high school quarterback, he is incredibly athletic and could be a huge, physical safety or a quick linebacker.
5. Aledo RB Jase McClellan (Oklahoma commit) – McClellan showed in the state championship game vs. Fort Bend Marshall just how dominant he can be. The early Oklahoma commit has very good speed but it is his power that is the most impressive.
6. Fort Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby – Hornsby probably has the strongest arm of any quarterback in the class and is also exceptionally fast. He is also quick, changing direction very well. His ceiling is incredibly high and he could end up ranked even higher.
7. Denton Ryan ATH Drew Sanders (Oklahoma commit) – Originally thought to be a dual-threat QB recruit as a freshman, Sanders is a big outside linebacker that moves like a smaller player. With linebackers being in such demand, it is tempting to rank him even higher.
8. Cedar Hill Trinity Christian DB Dwight McGlothern – McGlothern is currently ranked as a CB and could very well stay there, but it will also be tempting to use him as a centerfielder at FS that can cover a ton of ground. He is long and very physical at the line of scrimmage.
9. Fort Bend Austin WR Troy Omeire - Because of his height, it is hard to really notice just how fast Omeire is. He is also incredibly physical and provides serious mismatches. He has a chance to be special in college.
10. Houston Cy Ridge DE Vernon Broughton – This might be a little low for the 6-5/275 defender and he certainly could move even higher. Though he is so big already, he is an elite pass rusher that is just beginning to tap into his potential.

11. Port Neches-Groves OT Jaylen Garth – Garth is another player that I am higher on than a lot of other people. In my opinion, there are two clear-cut top offensive tackles in the state and his frame and athleticism are ideal for a left tackle.
12. Clear Creek OT Chad Lindberg – The other top tackle in the state, Lindberg is already incredibly polished. He is a mauler in the run game but is also good at pass protection as well.
13. Mesquite Poteet RB Seth McGowan – Because of Evans and McClellan, MvGowan probably does not get as much attention as he should. Like those other two, he’s a stronger, physical back that has surprising speed.
14. Duncanville S Chris Thompson Jr. – Thompson is a big safety that loves to hit, but also covers a ton of ground. He could also potentially be an ultra-athletic linebacker, which makes him even more intriguing.
15. Lancaster CB Lorando Johnson – Johnson is a bigger corner that has the speed of a smaller one. He does a good job in man coverage and can give wide receivers trouble off the line.
16. Cibolo Steele CB Jaylon Jones (Texas A&M commit) – Another big cornerback, Jones is a physical defender and loves to come up in run support to lay a hit. He just does everything well.
17. Fort Bend Marshall RB/WR Devon Achane – Achane’s film is probably the most fun to watch of any player in this class. Mostly a RB in high school, he will likely be a slot at the next level. His change of direction is as good as any player in the class and his top-end speed is ridiculous.
18. Aldine MacArthur CB Joshua Eaton – Eaton is just beginning to see his recruitment take shape as not a ton of schools have been by MacArthur. He is 6-2/170 and is a very good 200-meter runner. That speed is evident immediately on film.
19. Arlington ATH Jahari Rogers – One of the most electric players in the state, Rogers plays QB out of necessity but could be a WR or CB at the next level. Once he gets to the second level with the ball in his hand, he is gone.
20. Southlake Carroll S RJ Mickens – Mickens just does everything right, which is not surprising considering his father played in the NFL. He could play corner or safety but is so physical that it will be tough to not put him at safety.

21. Rockwall WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Ohio State commit) – Smith-Njigba may not be the biggest or necessarily test the fastest but he still has very good size and very good speed. He also is ultra-productive. Despite constant double-teams, he finished fourth in the country in receiving yards this past season.
22. Mansfield Timberview CB Jalen Kimber – Kimber is one of the better man corners in the state. He can run with the faster wide receivers and is big enough to give QBs fits.
23. Little Elm CB Ryan Watts – Another big corner, Watts is 6-2 but plays smaller. He does like to hit, but he excels in coverage. It is easy to see why he has seen so many offers over the past month.
24. Lake Travis QB Hudson Card (Texas commit) – Card had some big shoes to fill, moving from WR to QB this past season at tradition-rich Lake Travis. He is a dangerous dual-threat that is an elusive runner but also keeps his eyes downfield the whole time to find open receivers.
25. Shadow Creek S Xavion Alford – Alford has the potential to end up even higher on this list. He absolutely loves to come downhill and blow up running plays. However, he is also very fast and covers a ton of ground vs. the pass.
26. Lone Star WR Marvin Mims – Mims is one of the more dangerous players after the catch in the state. He does a lot of damage on screens as he is fast and shifty.
27. Highland Park DE Prince Dorbah – Dorbah is the top true pass rusher in the state. He showed it in the title game this year, finishing with four sacks. He is also good against the run but it is high quickness that is his biggest asset.
28. Hebron S Darius Snow – Another player with an NFL pedigree, Snow was an all-state player as a sophomore a year ago. He could also potentially be a linebacker at the next level as he is a bigger safety and is quite physical.
29. Dallas Carter DT Branard Wright – There are not many top DTs in the state this year and Wright is No. 1 by far. He does well to get into the backfield from the interior and is big enough to hold up the offensive linemen against the run.
30. Fort Bend Kempner OG Akinola Ogunbiyi (Texas A&M commit) – Ogunbiyi is just an old-school guard. He fires off the ball and just drives the defender backward over and over again. Kempner attempted less than 15 passes on the season but still managed to roll up the yards behind the junior.

31. Cedar Hill OT Courtland Ford (LSU commit) – You won’t find many offensive tackles built better than Ford is. He is also surprisingly agile for his size. The LSU pledge has a chance to keep moving up if he continues to polish his game.
32. Dallas Jesuit APB EJ Smith – The son of Hall-of-Famer Emmitt, the younger Smith could be a RB or a slot WR at the next level. He is a very good receiver out of the backfield and is great at making defenders miss in open space.
33. Newton DE James Sylvester – Sylvester is simply a solid all-around end. He is a strong pass rusher but also holds up well at the point of attack against the run,
34. Houston Cy Creek LB Josh White – Though not the biggest linebacker at 6-1/205, White just makes play after play. He has incredible athleticism for the position and, should he be able to get to 230 in college, could be a big-time playmaker at MIKE.
35. Lufkin S Jerrin Thompson – Thompson is another safety who, when you turn on film, just makes play after play. He has plenty of room to fill out but is already incredibly physical.
36. Manor DE Princely Umanmielen – A big defensive end, Umanmielen put up incredible testing numbers on the college camp circuit last summer. He is just beginning to tap into his potential and has a very high ceiling.
37. Shadow Creek DE Alec Bryant – Bryant is a very good pass rusher from his defensive end spot. He does not have quite the same frame as the others to carry as much weight but he does have very good quickness.
38. Longview QB Haynes King – In a very deep quarterback class, King belongs in the conversation with the top players. A very good runner, he is also an accurate passer with great touch on his intermediate and deep balls.
39. Carrollton Ranchview QB/ATH Michael Henderson – Henderson was limited to a couple of games this past season or could be even higher. Though a solid QB, at 6-2/220 he could be an elite linebacker with his athleticism.
40. Temple WR Quentin Johnston – Watching film, it’s tough to tell that Johnston is a 6-4 receiver because of how effortlessly he runs. He does a great job getting open deep on go routes, but can also go up and get the ball.

41. San Antonio O’Connor OL Logan Parr (Texas commit) – A high school left tackle, Parr’s length will likely have him inside in college. He is incredibly strong, though, and has great footwork. He should excel in the Texas offense.
42. Keller Central ATH DJ Graham (Oklahoma commit) – Graham is a very good WR but could also potentially play CB in Norman. He plays both ways in high school and is solid after the catch.
43. The Colony CB Christian Gonzalez - A physical corner at 6-0/185, Gonzalez has seen a number of offers come his way over the past month or so. He has plus speed while also being one of the stronger CBs in the state.
44. Dallas Bishop Dunne LB Brennon Scott – Scott could potentially play any of the three linebacker spots at the next level. He does a good job filling gaps against the run while also covering the TEs and slots in coverage.
45. Terrell LB Jaqwondis Burns – Burns has plenty of room to fill out at 6-2/195. Playing outside linebacker, he closes incredibly well. He is not afraid of contact in the slightest.
46. Fort Bend Hightower OL Smart Chibuzo (Texas A&M commit) – Chibuzo is already a huge lineman at the high school level, but he moves very well for his size. He could potentially be a tackle or guard in college.
47. Fort Bend Marshall CB Avery Helm – Helm is yet another one of the longer corners in the class at 6-3. He covers a surprising amount of ground for that size, though. His junior season was ended early due to injury, so he could see his stock continue to rise.
48. Marshall WR Savion Williams – With big, fast wide receivers always in demand, it’s a surprise the 6-4/195 Williams has not seen even more attention than he has. He has the potential to be one of those sleepers that heads out of state and becomes an All-American.
49. West Mesquite APB Ty Jordan: Jordan is truly an all-purpose back as, at 5-8, he is able to slip out of the backfield well as a receiver. However, he is also very strong and does a good job between the tackles as well.
50. Houston C.E. King S Bryson Washington – Washington was an all-state player as a sophomore but spent this past spring in California. Because of that, he is not always mentioned with the top safeties after moving back. However, he is a big kid that moves well and is strong in all phases.

51. Dallas Bishop Dunne TE Elijah Yelverton
52. Midland Lee WR Loic Fouonji
53. Waco Connally CB Korie Black
54. The Colony WR/CB Myles Price
55. Carthage OT Ty'kieast Crawford (Baylor commit)
56. Weatherford QB Ken Seals
57. Prosper OT Jake Majors (Texas commit)
58. Dickinson CB DJ Warnell
59. Fort Bend Travis WR Parker Washington
60. A&M Consolidated WR Devin Price

61. North Shore OT Damieon George
62. Grapevine Faith QB Deuce Hogan (Iowa commit)
63. Richmond Foster DT Chidozie Nwankwo
64. Southlake Carroll OT Andrej Karic
65. Melissa QB Brendon Lewis
66. Carthage WR Kelvontay Dixon
67. Lancaster RB/ATH Kevontre Bradford
68. A&M Consolidated CB Nate Floyd
69. Round Rock WR Collin Sullivan
70. McKinney North TE Brandon Frazier

71. Waco Connally OL Trent Pullen
72. Marshall QB Jacarrion Green
73. The Woodlands College Park OG Josh Bankhead (Texas A&M commit)
74. Plano John Paul II TE Donavon Johnson
75. Crockett TE Allen Horace
76. South Oak Cliff S Jonathan Davis
77. Argyle Liberty Christian CB Collin Gamble
78. Beaumont West Brook WR Thad Johnson
79. Highland Park QB Chandler Morris
80. Cedar Hill RB/WR Quin Bright

81. The Colony WR Keith Miller
82. Big Sandy LB Erick McFall
83. Lufkin WR Ja'Lynn Polk
84. Tomball Memorial WR Logan Kyle
85. Southlake Carroll C Addison Penn
86. Fort Bend Austin OG Kendal Septs
87. Diboll ATH Herbert Gums
88. DeSoto CB Jabbar Muhammad (Oklahoma State commit)
88. Magnolia West CB Ryan Frank
89. Aledo WR Money Parks (Utah commit)
90. Dallas Bishop Lynch S Plae Wyatt

91. Stafford DE/LB Robert Wooten
92. Midlothian Heritage WR Jay Wilkerson
93. Athens OT Garrett Hayes
94. Dallas Bishop Dunne RB Jaden Hullaby
95. Houston Cy Ranch TE Drake Dabney
96. Pearland Dawson OT Calib Perez
97. Daingerfield WR Tyrese Grant
98. Edinburg Vela OT Tyler Bailey
99. Waco Connally RB Jayveon Sunday
100. Fort Bend Marshall OT Larry Moore

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Gigem top 100 for 2020 is here ::

I'm not readying all of his blurbs, but surprised that 3 of the top 5 guys are perceived Texas leans, regardless of order, and an OU commit. If we land 6 of the top 12, or 7 of the top 14, are they going to say we got our ass whipped in Texas again?

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not readying all of his blurbs, but surprised that 3 of the top 5 guys are perceived Texas leans, regardless of order, and an OU commit. If we land 6 of the top 12, or 7 of the top 14, are they going to say we got our ass whipped in Texas again?

tenor.gif?itemid=12720367