Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Foster, Calzada, and Hornsby would be three raw high upside QB takes in a row. Jimbo had a great run of QBs getting drafted, but look at see how his QB takes have faired post Jameis 

He does a good job of integrating QBs into his notoriously complex system quickly. Winston won the Heisman + NC as a freshman, and Mond took a significant leap forward last year as well.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He does a good job of integrating QBs into his notoriously complex system quickly. Winston won the Heisman + NC as a freshman, and Mond took a significant leap forward last year as well.

He's great at scheming the primary read wide open 

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

If Hornsby signs with them, he's the next VY.  If not, he's an outside WR with bad mechanics.  I got that right?  Lulz.

You see Radio (Vince Young) is a great athlete playing QB. He's surrounded by a great team that makes him successful as a QB, but he's really just a great athlete. Reggie is an actual QB. If he were (I know, aggy doesn't use subjunctive) surrounded by the talent Radio has around him, we'd be doing even better. We beat Kansas last year by more than the sips did, so we may actually already be a better team.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This comment by Daddy98 is fucking amazing. This is mastery of hedging I've never seen before.

He has a commitable offer right now but not a commitable where we won't 100% recruit another QB

If he commits to us, obviously he's great and we will take him, but if he doesn't, it's probably because we might recruit a QB2

Mack has obviously joined the Saban-Orgeron cabal that conspires to keep the A&M sleeping giant down. It started with him turning Tim Brewster. How many more will join the conspiracy to keep A&M from realizing its true identity?

Hornsby will move his stuff to N. Carolina in a new F-550 provided by Uncle Red.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Mond did show some improvement but let's not buy the Aggy narrative that he's anything about serviceable but the rest of this take is horseshit. I can guarantee that you watched exactly ZERO FSU games during the post-Winston era. To say that FSU QB play was garbage would be affront to rotting garbage. Do yourself a favor and watch any random FSU game after Winston. Actually don't. No one should have to sit through that misery. Watch even a little bit and then tell me that Cosentino, Francois, Blackman, Golson, Trickett, and Maguire "integrated into his complex system" or improved/developed at all. 

Jimbo as a QB whisperer is a mythos that he and his agent cultivated but he has had FAR more failures than successes at the QB spot. Yes, he had a run of guys getting drafted but there are A LOT of schools that have produced a steady stream of QBs drafted without being noted (re: self-made) QB whisperers (USC, Louisville, Miami, Tennessee, Stanford). 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Mack has obviously rejoined the Saban-Orgeron cabal that conspires to keep the A&M sleeping giant down. It started with him turning Tim Brewster. How many more will join the conspiracy to keep A&M from realizing its true identity?

Hornsby will move his stuff to N. Carolina in a new F-550 provided by Uncle Red.

51 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Mond did show some improvement but let's not buy the Aggy narrative that he's anything about serviceable but the rest of this take is horseshit. I can guarantee that you watched exactly ZERO FSU games during the post-Winston era. To say that FSU QB play was garbage would be affront to rotting garbage. Do yourself a favor and watch any random FSU game after Winston. Actually don't. No one should have to sit through that misery. Watch even a little bit and then tell me that Cosentino, Francois, Blackman, Golson, Trickett, and Maguire "integrated into his complex system" or improved/developed at all. 

Jimbo as a QB whisperer is a mythos that he and his agent cultivated but he has had FAR more failures than successes at the QB spot. Yes, he had a run of guys getting drafted but there are A LOT of schools that have produced a steady stream of QBs drafted without being noted (re: self-made) QB whisperers (USC, Louisville, Miami, Tennessee, Stanford). 

I didn't watch aggy much in 2017.  If Mond improved last year he must have been awful in 2017.  In the games against UK and LSU he could barely complete a pass over 10 yds downfield.  He threw so many stops, screens and dump offs that I'd bet his average completion was 2 yds past the LOS.

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

I didn't watch aggy much in 2017.  If Mond improved last year he must have been awful in 2017.  In the games against UK and LSU he could barely complete a pass over 10 yds downfield.  He threw so many stops, screens and dump offs that I'd bet his average completion was 2 yds past the LOS.

He was awful in 2017. Starkelmotion was a clear upgrade.

10 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

He was awful, but he was also not awful against LSU. Probably his best game of his career, and all of aggy's lives. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Mack has obviously joined the Saban-Orgeron cabal that conspires to keep the A&M sleeping giant down. It started with him...

It started with aggy's shenanigans before the aggy bonfire disaster game. Mack put his boot on their necks after that. It wouldn't even shock me if he thought about that when he hired Brewster away from Jimbo.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Foster, Calzada, and Hornsby would be three raw high upside QB takes in a row. Jimbo had a great run of QBs getting drafted, but look at see how his QB takes have faired post Jameis 

The latter two fit squarely in Mike Leach's "you can't fix accuracy" argument. Both have guns, both can move, both have accuracy issue (just like Mond does)

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

30 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Those plays are the key to Jimbo’s Super Complex, Takes Years to Master offense. Just a QB Whisperer doing QB whispery stuff, ya stupid sip!

Shocked to see that sayta is all-in on the false Jimbo narrative. 

• Haha 1