Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

16 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

He spends most of the article describing how they look physically. Not how the actually played.

"My goodness, there's nobody that is as rock hard and physically impressive as Buddy Johnson."... wtf?

Did he seriously use the words “rock hard” to describe Buddy Johnson? 

tenor.gif

"Every running back that goes there ends up sucking or underachieving." 

Except for that time one of them rushed for over 2,000 yards and 15 TD's 2 seasons ago.  Also I don't think anyone in the country would say Ingram disappointed last season.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy claims their coaching staff stopped communicating with him shortly after his visit, and he chose the easier depth chart.

Amazing how every recruit they don't get is someone they don't really want. Trust the Jimbo!

3 minutes ago, fellside said:

Except for that time one of them rushed for over 2,000 yards and 15 TD's 2 seasons ago.  Also I don't think anyone in the country would say Ingram disappointed last season.

Exactly, 700 yards for KI and was banged up most of the year. Fuckin knobs 

13 minutes ago, fellside said:

If any program would know about underachieving, it would be aggy.

"We have an enrollment of 70k, and still can't come up with enough players to put up a decent team."

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

If any program would know about underachieving, it would be aggy.

They don't underachieve, they just never exceed expectations. They are the Jeff Fisher of college football. Mediocrity is where they have and always will be 

On 8/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Gabe Bock might be the biggest goober out of the bunch at Texags. Several times he’s tried to rationalize and distort facts to argue A&M is historically better than Texas in baseball. 

I wish I was kidding. These people really live in their own world of delusion. 

I'm convinced that aggys are the only reason aliens haven't invaded us yet. 

I just know they've thought about it. Read surly and thought. Nah. Pass.  

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

I'm convinced that aggys are the only reason aliens haven't invaded us yet. 

I just know they've thought about it. Read surly and thought. Nah. Pass.  

Yet they are the group most likely to be open to anal probing 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, fellside said:

I agree but the funny thing is that Ingram says he was highly disappointed in last year 

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Works for one of the big accounting firms in Houston. One of you CPAs needs to out here. 

Gotta be a middle market firm, can’t imagine one of the big 4 would hire her. Similar to dfigs, that shit will follow her for life.

1 hour ago, fellside said:

And the Doak for those counting. An aggy is yet to win the Doak Walker award and Texas is tied with Wisconsin for the most awards all time with four each. I guess our bar for sucking or underachieving must be really fucking high.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, SydneyCarton said:

So fucking around with the calculator, I added Quentin Johnston, Alfred Collins, Jerrin Thompson, CTJ (we'll see), and LVBS.

Honestly, who are the rest of our targets this class, because that just gets us to 16. I realize that some said this might be a smaller class, but who are the other targets we're really chasing at this point? Alford and Eaton, perhaps, and maybe Princely if he decides to jump on board but that's 19 guys. I honestly can't even think of anyone else we've been chasing or trying to keep warm at the moment. 

Still room for senior risers.  This could become more and more valuable as recruiting cycles get racheted forward.  You take early clue chips filling your needs and then backfill the class with late risers when everyone else has filled with deadweight they can’t trapdoor. Early 4 stars that ended up being maxed out. Leaving 6-8 spots to finish out the class with.

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

.e31b18d6d1667f4bb8b626177ceb4b9a.jpg866ed48ab33acc43ce31d346e331a3c0.jpgc081eacca8ae3cf6e7b88c752f0b2f4c.jpg

The whole "Sam runs it more than the RB" argument from A&M is bullshit. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2018.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-am/2018.html

Sam had 164 rushing attempts last year. Mond had 149. That's a difference of a little over one rushing attempt per game.

Trayveon Williams had 271 rushing attempts. Corbin and Etwi had 81 combined attempts. That's 352 attempts by the top three A&M RBs.

Watson had 185 attempts. Ingram had 142 and Young had 42. That's 369 carries for the top three RBs at UT. 

So, while Sam ran the ball one more time per game than Mond, UT RBs ran the ball one more time per game than A&M RBs.

Edited by Harry Ellis
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Harry Ellis said:

So, while Sam ran the ball one more time per game than Mond, UT RBs ran the ball one more time per game than A&M RBs.

So basically... the team from the "line of scrimmage league" didn't run the ball as often as the team from the "7 on 7 league". I guess that's why they have taken so many wide receivers, huh?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Harry Ellis said:

The whole "Sam runs it more than the RB" argument from A&M is bullshit. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2018.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-am/2018.html

Sam had 164 rushing attempts last year. Mond had 149. That's a difference of a little over one rushing attempt per game.

Trayveon Williams had 271 rushing attempts. Corbin and Etwi had 81 combined attempts. That's 352 attempts by the top three A&M RBs.

Watson had 185 attempts. Ingram had 142 and Young had 42. That's 369 carries for the top three RBs at UT. 

Those are some insensitive facts and statistics. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So basically... the team from the "line of scrimmage league" didn't run the ball as often as the team from the "7 on 7 league". I guess that's why they have taken so many wide receivers, huh?

They take so many WRs yet Sam attempted 10 more passes than Mond (that even takes into account the fact that Sam basically missed the entire Baylor game and Mond went to 7OT against LSU). Discounting receptions by all other positions except WR (so Sternberger's 48 catches aren't included), A&M WRs had 163 total catches. Removing all non-WR catches for UT (so no Beck and his 28 receptions), UT WRs had 222 receptions. So, all of those WR recruits for Jimbo will be fighting for scraps. 

To add to the RB usage issue, Williams had 27 receptions and Corbin had 10. Ingram had 27 and Watson had 22. So, not only do UT RBs run the ball more, they also get more receptions than A&M RBs. UT WRs and RBs get more touches than A&M WRs and RBs. This is most likely a result of Jimbo running an offense that was outdated by the time the Rams were running the greatest show on turf.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harry Ellis said:

This is most likely a result of Jimbo running an offense that was outdated by the time the Rams were running the greatest show on turf the Lascaux cave paintings were first dry on the wall.

I swear, I don't know which is more boring: aggy cuisine, or aggy football. I do know that unless you're indoctrinated into the cult, you can't help but look at the schlock Jimbo calls an offense and think, "What the hell is this crap? Fred Akers could do better."

1 hour ago, Harry Ellis said:

They take so many WRs yet Sam attempted 10 more passes than Mond (that even takes into account the fact that Sam basically missed the entire Baylor game and Mond went to 7OT against LSU). Discounting receptions by all other positions except WR (so Sternberger's 48 catches aren't included), A&M WRs had 163 total catches. Removing all non-WR catches for UT (so no Beck and his 28 receptions), UT WRs had 222 receptions. So, all of those WR recruits for Jimbo will be fighting for scraps. 

To add to the RB usage issue, Williams had 27 receptions and Corbin had 10. Ingram had 27 and Watson had 22. So, not only do UT RBs run the ball more, they also get more receptions than A&M RBs. UT WRs and RBs get more touches than A&M WRs and RBs. This is most likely a result of Jimbo running an offense that was outdated by the time the Rams were running the greatest show on turf.

Sam also missed a lot of the ISU game, but made up for it with the Big 12 CG. They both played around 13 complete games worth of snaps.

14 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy claims their coaching staff stopped communicating with him shortly after his visit, and he chose the easier depth chart.

LSU offered and flipped him from A&M, and he was supposed to announce for LSU soon after. That never happened, and the LSU coaches kept asking him when he was going to commit, he said soon, and they eventually got tired of waiting and moved on. Funny recruitment. 

11 hours ago, Harry Ellis said:

The whole "Sam runs it more than the RB" argument from A&M is bullshit. ...

...So, while Sam ran the ball one more time per game than Mond, UT RBs ran the ball one more time per game than A&M RBs.

Texas played one more game with the CCG so it is actually one more carry every third game. 

EDIT- never mind it’s already been discussed. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Just to summarize this page, aside from the “facts” debate, aggy will gladly pass on a 5* running back. Mind you, he’s only a composite 5*, not consensus. They are happy to do this because their chances at Evans and Wheaton next year has now increased thirteen fold.