Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

some of my favorite gems from the roller coaster ::

tx state was abysmal. wow. better off not playing that game.

madu is elite

buddy is a very good inside lb

tyree is borderline elite is used correctly

blades is ELITE. super talented dude. sky is limit.

Absolutely must have Renfro and Rogers back as close to 100% full speed as possible a week from Saturday to have a realistic shot at upsetting Clemson on the road. Renfro is still a lock down type of CB and Rogers forces a defense to have to account for him on every play.

Tyree johson is very good hermit. Whiff on that one. His only issue is what he asked to do. Hes a von miller jr.

Buddy Johnson is the best lb we've had in years. I feel better going up against Etienne with him healthy.

Last night had me thinking about the 2012 season and how if we had played the game against LA Tech prior to the Florida game we likely would have been national champions. National fucking champions.

To accurately assess aggy's performance we really have to compare it to their opening week scrub game from from last year rather than those against real opposition. 

QB:  19 of 27, 194 yds, 3 TD, 1 Int vs 2018 (17-25 for 184, 2 TD, 0 Int); Mond looks the same as last year.

Rushing: 36 for 246, 2 TD, 6.8 YPC vs (61-503, 5 TD, 8.2 YPC).  RBs: 31-221, 1 TD, 7.1 YPC vs (55-500, 4 TD, 9.1 YPC).  Running game much weaker and less productive - esp from the RBs.

Pass D - 29 of 46, 211 yds, 1 TD, 4 Int vs (18-35, 230 yds, 1 TD, 0 Int).  The interceptions were a big change.  Otherwise pretty much the same.

Rush D - 8 yds net vs (21 yds net).  Shut down overmatched scrubs both years.

Looks like aggy is about the same as 2018 overall, maybe down a little.  Running game much weaker but defense produced turnovers.  Mond beat lesser teams deep last year but couldn't complete a pass beyond 10 yds downfield in half P5 games.  He looks like he did in last years opener.  We'll see if his drop off against better secondaries repeats.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Noted. But the point remains that the UCLA game was doc Walton and Marty cherry vs a team that was about to start a 19 game win streak. 

Sure. They'll not analogous. I just remember how much confidence I had after week 1. After '96, with the talent I believed we had, I thought we were going to fuck up UCLA.

Turns out that confidence was a bit misplaced.

37 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Why are the male students wearing cut off shorts with cowboy boots??? This looks stupid and un-masculine. Don't do it.

They've actually exceeded my expectations.

There were really students dressed like that? Sorry. I agree with the Aggy. 

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Mond looked fine last night - exactly what you would expect a starting P5 QB to look like against a JV team. Does he have the ability to put together a heisman season? Sure, why not. What's going to make this take sad in retrospect is how aggy insists on wasting talent. Anything that Mond is able to accomplish will be in spite of his Minecraft o-line and JAG rb. That said, he'll get an assist from his corners because there will be some short Clemson scoring drives next week. Tee Higgins is going to go 8/151/2 before they pull him in the 3rd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

To accurately assess aggy's performance we really have to compare it to their opening week scrub game from from last year rather than those against real opposition. 

QB:  19 of 27, 194 yds, 3 TD, 1 Int vs 2018 (17-25 for 184, 2 TD, 0 Int); Mond looks the same as last year.

Rushing: 36 for 246, 2 TD, 6.8 YPC vs (61-503, 5 TD, 8.2 YPC).  RBs: 31-221, 1 TD, 7.1 YPC vs (55-500, 4 TD, 9.1 YPC).  Running game much weaker and less productive - esp from the RBs.

Pass D - 29 of 46, 211 yds, 1 TD, 4 Int vs (18-35, 230 yds, 1 TD, 0 Int).  The interceptions were a big change.  Otherwise pretty much the same.

Rush D - 8 yds net vs (21 yds net).  Shut down overmatched scrubs both years.

Looks like aggy is about the same as 2018 overall, maybe down a little.  Running game much weaker but defense produced turnovers.  Mond beat lesser teams deep last year but couldn't complete a pass beyond 10 yds downfield in half P5 games.  He looks like he did in last years opener.  We'll see if his drop off against better secondaries repeats.

You need to adjust the running numbers.  They’re skewed because of one long run.  It’s more like 4.5~ ypc.

Also, some metric of the amount of pressure Mond was under all night against his avg ypc.

The numbers can easily mask just how shitty their oline play was if you roll them up high enough.  

Mond looked okay because he was playing against a juco level defense.  He doesn’t get away with some of the passes he did against a p5 secondary.  His “oops didn’t see that defender interception” is much more indicative of his trajectory for the season because it’s the same dumb mistake he made all last year.

The argument could even be made that Spavital made better adjustments at half based on scoring alone.  28-0 in the first half vs. 13-7 in the second half.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Rollercoaster is getting damn fucking high

EDPDWU5XoAAxJ9j?format=png&name=small

Any time I see terms like " 'Nuf Said" or "Let that sink in!" or "Period.", I find myself wanting to climb through the screen or across the table and punch that fucking person in their cakehole repeatedly until one of us passes out or dies. The preemptive shutting of the case phrases are usually uttered by clowns in situations in which there is absolutely more to be said.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Any time I see terms like " 'Nuf Said" or "Let that sink in!" or "Period.", I find myself wanting to climb through the screen or across the table and punch that fucking person in their cakehole repeatedly until one of us passes out or dies. The preemptive shutting of the case phrases are usually uttered by clowns in situations in which there is absolutely more to be said.

You need to take a deep breath and relax. Period. Let that sink in. "Nuf said. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like there’s some disagreeance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Case closed!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Mark it down.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Texags thinks Georgia was down like 9 players.  It was 3 or 4.  We were down Sterns.   And Ingram wasn’t 100 percent.  

It's funny because Texas was missing a lot of defensive starters against Missouri in the Houston Bowl in 2017, and still beat the dog piss out of them.

Not even Georgia fans en masse are making the didn't want to be there excuse.

16 minutes ago, RabidM said:

It's interesting that they think the Georgia game was close.  We let them have a couple of meaningless late TD's. Wish we hadn't, but the game itself was not close at all.  I guess they find the final score comforting. 

Yeah, had Dicker made that FG, it would have been a 31-14 final. Which is much closer to the way the game was played.