Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

10:00 - 22:00

Great rant by Looch about the college gameday guys making fun of Kyle Field atmosphere. 

- Wags a finger at aggy everywhere who defend their comments, yet Looch also agrees with them? (yes its as stupid and confusing as it sounds) 

- Takes a shot at Chris Fowler for being good enough to also work Wimbledon and Tour de France(?) 

- In Looch going off comparing aggy's big home game record v Texas' (because why wouldn't he?), Fat Hamm chimes in, talking about how Texas fans are too stupid to realize that we play no one of significance at home because our conference is bad 

- Starts the propaganda train. Name drops JJ Watt in the middle of it and is damn proud of it. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0122683-wfwf.mp3

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Great rant by Looch about the college gameday guys making fun of Kyle Field atmosphere. 

- Wags a finger at aggy everywhere who defend their comments, yet Looch also agrees with them? (yes its as stupid and confusing as it sounds) 

- Takes a shot at Chris Fowler for being good enough to also work Wimbledon and Tour de France(?) 

- In Looch going off comparing aggy's big home game record v Texas' (because why wouldn't he?), Fat Hamm chimes in, talking about how Texas fans are too stupid to realize that we play no one of significance at home because our conference is bad 

- Starts the propaganda train. Name drops JJ Watt in the middle of it and is damn proud of it. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0122683-wfwf.mp3

Maybe it's bad maybe its not, but most of those Big 12 programs they look down on have outplayed aggy for a long ass time

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I'm guessing his two sources are Perroni and Luicci. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

12:14p 

Staff

I've talked to separate sources today on Evans. One thinks he's coming to A&M. The other thinks he'll visit LSU. 

Most likely scenario: Evans' transportation falls through for both and then he gives a quote next week about how Bama "barely" beat aggy by 30.

Not going to research it but when Fisher was first hired two years ago looch said their national championship run would occur in 2020.

I think now he realizes their offensive line is going to be a pile of shit for at least two more years. 

Liucci: With the Aggies likely to start just one senior in 2019, I think most rational fans and those of us in the media would agree that the real, permanent breakthrough is likely still a year away. That said, beating one of the three top-5 opponents would represent the kind of second-year breakthrough that would be a pretty good indicator that the Ags might be poised for a playoff run in Fisher's third year on campus. That or improving on last year's 5-3 SEC record would be significant but a noticeably-improved football team, regardless of record, considering the personnel losses, would represent tangible progress.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

So, I gave this a listen because why in the hell not? Holy shit. I love when he says, duh, of course Kirk is right, but aggys everywhere need to stand up and tell them they’re wrong. Just classic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Liucci: With the Aggies likely to start just one senior in 2019, I think most rational fans and those of us in the media would agree that the real, permanent breakthrough is likely still a year away. That said, beating one of the three top-5 opponents would represent the kind of second-year breakthrough that would be a pretty good indicator that the Ags might be poised for a playoff run in Fisher's third year on campus. That or improving on last year's 5-3 SEC record would be significant but a noticeably-improved football team, regardless of record, considering the personnel losses, would represent tangible progress.

Thank you for bumping pre-season Looch. 

That's pure uncut misery now

38 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

That was incredibly stupid even for Liucci.  Counting aggy 7ot win over LSU as "LSU is ranked 6th (not last year, but now)?"

14 hours ago, Hornlover said:

The 2023 recruit (Rueben Owens) was at the Texas LSU game, and is a stud. I've already hyped him on the 2023 recruiting thread, but go watch some of his Hudl videos. This is a true freshman playing 4A varsity, and he's the truth. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8277239/Rueben-Owens-II#hudl

He seems like he may be pretty good in a few years. Let's go ahead and take his committment when Jimbo backs off. 

Not going to research it but when Fisher was first hired two years ago looch said their national championship run would occur in 2020.
 I think now he realizes their offensive line is going to be a pile of shit for at least two more years. 

It’s going to take a minimum of FOUR years to fix that OL situation. Freshman and Sophomores generally struggle at the college level.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Looch carpet bombing Fowler is one of the stupidest things he could have done. The guy is a hall of fame level announcer. 

35 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

This is too good not to transcribe. It is PURE GOLD. He sounds like he's crying. 

Brauny: Kirk Herbetreit saw as an opportunity to take a jab at Kyle Field. Whether you agree with it or not, it was a jab. I think, I hope it's shown to the A&M students. I hope that everyobdy sees that and takes it as an challenge. In order for A&M to be in this game Looch, Kyle Field has to be a factor.

Looch: No question about it. It's uh, yeah, I'm not worried, I've done enough talking about those guys between twitter and...If you're an Aggy and want to agree with them. Outside of the fact that, hey, tell me something I don't know. A&M hasn't won enough big games at home in the past 20 years.  Well guess what, they've changed head coaches 4 times during that stretch because A&M hasn't been good enough at football. The results haven't been good enough save a few seasons here and there, but....that's, usually you have to be a good team to beat a good team whether it's home, road, or anywhere. A&M has not been that unfortunately. We all know that. Raise your hand if that came as some earth shattering revelation, uh. Then to take that further, if you're one of those Aggies who has to side with them to prove that they're right. We all know that they're right you morons....You self-loathing morons on social media and on message boards that want to argue with me. My point of the whole thing is yes, there's some truth to what they said, we've known this for God know's how long now. That wasn't what stirred people up. If you give a damn about this schoool...and and, defend it. Defend it. And If you don't want to defend it,  and you're an Aggy and want to come at me for defending it, then shame on you. Because to me, when I see people sitting in a car, laughing and scoffing and being WRONG. It's really easy to say. You're talking about Alabama going into to play a ranked A&M team.  Hey how big of an advantage has it been for A&M to play at home lately, you go look at the record, it speaks for itself, not necessarily a big advantage. Then someone in the car with any actually pulse of the situation instead of just laughing and giggling in the backseat while you pick games wrong. That that we've got, we've got Miss USA pick games at a higher clip than Chris Felica does, and me, well, I'm picking about the same. He's at like 57% when I'm sitting there at 0.500 right now. She's better. But, to sit there, Brauny you want to be part of this so bad, now you can't even join this club. You're shunned.

Brauny:  Well you're on a rant

Looch: You're shunned. Anyway, the thing is, there's three guys in the car that's supposed to know everything about college football and I know Chris Fowler is busy chasing around Wimbledon or the Tour to France. You know to me somebody in there could of said, well you know what, that is true,  but last year they took Clemson to the last play. No, that's not a morale victory for those that are uneducated and can't write or spell, but you bandwagon a Texas, you know bandwagon the Longhorns in burnt orange. It's alsot not a moral victory, . It's a fact to point out that Clemson rolled to the national championship last year and they got out of here by the skin of their teeth, and big part of that was Kyle Field. They beat #12 Kentucky, well it's Kentucky. 

Brauny: 10 win Kentucky

Looch: 10 win Kentucky that beat Penn State in a New Year's Day Bowl and finished around #12 in the Country.  Not like Noter Dame when Texas was back that finished 4-8 or Baylor, their only other top 10 team that decade that finished 6-6

Brauny: So the funniest thing is when you bring that argument to Longhorns. They say they play at top team every year, it's just a neutral site game. That's how bad your conference. But they're too dumb to realize that.

Looch: Here's Texas right now, and if they beat OU, I'll change the narrative. But right now what they've done,  they've lost at home to LSU, which the team they constantly want to bring up and ridicule, beat them last year at their field. This field that has no kind of advantage. Btw Herbie, Folwer, and the Bear. A&M beat #6 like 4 home games ago. So to sit there and say it's been since Jackie Sherril done anything at home and they're 0-200 and whatever. Well even by his skewed statistic, they're 2-9, which is A&M ranked vs a top 10 team. So It doesn't include beating OU in '02 because A&M was unranked. It doesn't include,  you know there's another top 10 win in there because A&M wasn't ranked, so we're not counting those. Even last year, 4 games ago, they beat #6 ranked, but they weren't ranked so that doesn't fit into their... It's the most absurd thing. When I hear those things nationally, and twitter is the avenue to call them out for it, then I'm sorry, I'm going to do that. For those of you who go like the Longhorn site that originally posted it and go argue with me and saybut Billy they're right. Oh but I'm a woke Aggy, I'm a twitter age woke Aggy because I can recognize... do you think we don't? Do you think like? That is just the most commone sense thing ever. That A&M hasn't won a high percentage of their games against top 10 game since 2000. Well A&M's losing 4 or 5, sometimes 6 games a year, a couple times 8 games a year since 2000. They've probably got as many sub 500 seasons as they have good seasons during that stretch. It's the most obvious thing that they said. And they way I've seen certain Aggys, and there is one little element of them that lead the charge in it, and trip all over themselves to say something negative and prove they're different they are than you and me...it's sickeing. And if you know any of them, you should call them on it. 

As for the Longhorns, who cares, don't listen to their crap. You should have a comeback to anything they say, even still right now. To the big picutre...Kyle Field, was pretty dang good against LSU last year, pretty damn good against Clemson last year, and Kentucky. Which, by the way, is the first year of your new head coach, so none of the other stuff should matter. It could Herbstreit, Fowler, anybody with common sense say "couldn't things be a little better under Jimbo?" This is coming from a guy who doesn't think they're going to beat Bama this weekend, the same guy who sat there and felt just like every fan in there did when it was 14-0 to Auburn right off the bat. The team has to give the fans something. The energy has to come back. 

Brauny: Well if you'r a fan and want the team to respond, if you're a fan, they called you out. Herbstreit, whether it was right or wrong,  they're calling you out and I think the 12th man needs to respond they way they want the football team to respond. 

Looch: And let me tell you something, you don't think it's cool to get indignant about something like this, I happen to think it's pretty damn cool.  I happen to think...me defending A&M with my...our platform. It's not a big deal. It's not changing the world. But I'm not going to sit back because I want to look cool and impress fan bases and think I'm above it.  You're a loser.  If that doesn't at least get you to go "you're wrong" for saying that, you're a loser and you're part of the problem.

(There is some more but I need to do some work)

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

It’s going to take a minimum of FOUR years to fix that OL situation. Freshman and Sophomores generally struggle at the college level.

And Kenyon Green might be a rare three year OL 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Looch carpet bombing Fowler is one of the stupidest things he could have done. The guy is a hall of fame level announcer. 

I heard Fowler on Eisen last winter and he's a real grade-a blowhard. He's a Connecticut, cat person who was opining the challenge that is unboxing Christmas decor that hadn't been out in a few years because they'd been Christmas-ing in Europe. 

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I heard Fowler on Eisen last winter and he's a real grade-a blowhard. He's a Connecticut, cat person who was opining the challenge that is unboxing Christmas decor that hadn't been out in a few years because they'd been Christmas-ing in Europe. 

Every announcer either goes full drunk or full Nantz after enough time shuttling in between press boxes and luxury resorts.

That said, I think he's good at his job. Tells you what's happening. Minimum of extraneous bullshit.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The loudest I've ever personally heard Kyle field be, they lost to Tech. It got pretty quiet, admittedly.

Can't remember whether this was the game or not, but it's always fun to revisit, anyway.

No mention of Tech vs aggy can go without posting gap kid

Image result for gap kid texas tech

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looch: No question about it. It's uh, yeah, I'm not worried, I've done enough talking about those guys between twitter and...If you're an Aggy and want to agree with them. Outside of the fact that, hey, tell me something I don't know. A&M hasn't won enough big games at home in the past 20 years.  Well guess what, they've changed head coaches 4 times during that stretch because A&M hasn't been good enough at football. The results haven't been good enough save a few seasons here and there, but....that's, usually you have to be a good team to beat a good team whether it's home, road, or anywhere. A&M has not been that unfortunately. We all know that. Raise your hand if that came as some earth shattering revelation, uh. Then to take that further, if you're one of those Aggies who has to side with them to prove that they're right. We all know that they're right you morons....You self-loathing morons on social media and on message boards that want to argue with me. My point of the whole thing is yes, there's some truth to what they said, we've known this for God know's how long now. That wasn't what stirred people up. If you give a damn about this schoool...and and, defend it. Defend it. And If you don't want to defend it,  and you're an Aggy and want to come at me for defending it, then shame on you. Because to me, when I see people sitting in a car, laughing and scoffing and being WRONG. It's really easy to say. You're talking about Alabama going into to play a ranked A&M team.  Hey how big of an advantage has it been for A&M to play at home lately, you go look at the record, it speaks for itself, not necessarily a big advantage. Then someone in the car with any actually pulse of the situation instead of just laughing and giggling in the backseat while you pick games wrong. That that we've got, we've got Miss USA pick games at a higher clip than Chris Felica does, and me, well, I'm picking about the same. He's at like 57% when I'm sitting there at 0.500 right now. She's better. But, to sit there, Brauny you want to be part of this so bad, now you can't even join this club. You're shunned.

pretty little liars wtf GIF

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is too good not to transcribe. It is PURE GOLD. He sounds like he's crying. 

Brauny: Kirk Herbetreit saw as an opportunity to take a jab at Kyle Field. Whether you agree with it or not, it was a jab. I think, I hope it's shown to the A&M students. I hope that everyobdy sees that and takes it as an challenge. In order for A&M to be in this game Looch, Kyle Field has to be a factor.

Brauny:  Well you're on a rant

Looch: You're shunned. Anyway, the thing is, there's three guys in the car that's supposed to know everything about college football and I know Chris Fowler is busy chasing around Wimbledon or the Tour to France. You know to me somebody in there could of said, well you know what, that is true,  but last year they took Clemson to the last play. No, that's not a morale victory for those that are uneducated and can't write or spell, but you bandwagon a Texas, you know bandwagon the Longhorns in burnt orange. It's alsot not a moral victory, . It's a fact to point out that Clemson rolled to the national championship last year and they got out of here by the skin of their teeth, and big part of that was Kyle Field. They beat #12 Kentucky, well it's Kentucky. 

Brauny: 10 win Kentucky

Looch: 10 win Kentucky that beat Penn State in a New Year's Day Bowl and finished around #12 in the Country.  Not like Noter Dame when Texas was back that finished 4-8 or Baylor, their only other top 10 team that decade that finished 6-6

Brauny: So the funniest thing is when you bring that argument to Longhorns. They say they play at top team every year, it's just a neutral site game. That's how bad your conference. But they're too dumb to realize that.

Looch: Here's Texas right now, and if they beat OU, I'll change the narrative. But right now what they've done,  they've lost at home to LSU, which the team they constantly want to bring up and ridicule, beat them last year at their field. This field that has no kind of advantage. Btw Herbie, Folwer, and the Bear. A&M beat #6 like 4 home games ago. So to sit there and say it's been since Jackie Sherril done anything at home and they're 0-200 and whatever. Well even by his skewed statistic, they're 2-9, which is A&M ranked vs a top 10 team. So It doesn't include beating OU in '02 because A&M was unranked. It doesn't include,  you know there's another top 10 win in there because A&M wasn't ranked, so we're not counting those. Even last year, 4 games ago, they beat #6 ranked, but they weren't ranked so that doesn't fit into their... It's the most absurd thing. When I hear those things nationally, and twitter is the avenue to call them out for it, then I'm sorry, I'm going to do that. For those of you who go like the Longhorn site that originally posted it and go argue with me and saybut Billy they're right. Oh but I'm a woke Aggy, I'm a twitter age woke Aggy because I can recognize... do you think we don't? Do you think like? That is just the most commone sense thing ever. That A&M hasn't won a high percentage of their games against top 10 game since 2000. Well A&M's losing 4 or 5, sometimes 6 games a year, a couple times 8 games a year since 2000. They've probably got as many sub 500 seasons as they have good seasons during that stretch. It's the most obvious thing that they said. And they way I've seen certain Aggys, and there is one little element of them that lead the charge in it, and trip all over themselves to say something negative and prove they're different they are than you and me...it's sickeing. And if you know any of them, you should call them on it. 

As for the Longhorns, who cares, don't listen to their crap. You should have a comeback to anything they say, even still right now. To the big picutre...Kyle Field, was pretty dang good against LSU last year, pretty damn good against Clemson last year, and Kentucky. Which, by the way, is the first year of your new head coach, so none of the other stuff should matter. It could Herbstreit, Fowler, anybody with common sense say "couldn't things be a little better under Jimbo?" This is coming from a guy who doesn't think they're going to beat Bama this weekend, the same guy who sat there and felt just like every fan in there did when it was 14-0 to Auburn right off the bat. The team has to give the fans something. The energy has to come back. 

Brauny: Well if you'r a fan and want the team to respond, if you're a fan, they called you out. Herbstreit, whether it was right or wrong,  they're calling you out and I think the 12th man needs to respond they way they want the football team to respond. 

Looch: And let me tell you something, you don't think it's cool to get indignant about something like this, I happen to think it's pretty damn cool.  I happen to think...me defending A&M with my...our platform. It's not a big deal. It's not changing the world. But I'm not going to sit back because I want to look cool and impress fan bases and think I'm above it.  You're a loser.  If that doesn't at least get you to go "you're wrong" for saying that, you're a loser and you're part of the problem.

(There is some more but I need to do some work)

This is performance art. Looch's Mona Lisa.

"Then someone in the car with any actually pulse of the situation instead of just laughing and giggling in the backseat while you pick games wrong. That that we've got, we've got Miss USA pick games at a higher clip than Chris Felica does, and me, well, I'm picking about the same. He's at like 57% when I'm sitting there at 0.500 right now." 

He is so terrible, but you are boasting about you being worse?

"Anyway, the thing is, there's three guys in the car that's supposed to know everything about college football and I know Chris Fowler is busy chasing around Wimbledon or the Tour to France. You know to me somebody in there could of said, well you know what, that is true,  but last year they took Clemson to the last play. No, that's not a morale victory for those that are uneducated and can't write or spell, but you bandwagon a Texas, you know bandwagon the Longhorns in burnt orange. It's also not a moral victory, ."

We are way beyond rent free, we have seized his bank accounts. 

"And let me tell you something, you don't think it's cool to get indignant about something like this, I happen to think it's pretty damn cool.  I happen to think...me defending A&M with my...our platform. It's not a big deal. It's not changing the world. But I'm not going to sit back because I want to look cool and impress fan bases and think I'm above it.

He is justifying his tantrum, dare I call it a moral victory?

25 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The loudest I've ever personally heard Kyle field be, they lost to Tech. It got pretty quiet, admittedly.

Can't remember whether this was the game or not, but it's always fun to revisit, anyway.

Is this the game when it was over Leach had a smirk on his face and said "Every now and then a Pirate can beat Soldier"?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We all know that they're right you morons...... If you give a damn about this schoool...and and, defend it. Defend it. And If you don't want to defend it,  and you're an Aggy and want to come at me for defending it, then shame on you.

This is pretty much Peak Liucci. 

190fa8f681c37c8515698aa70d8ae8d9.gif