Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

32 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sadly, the Aggies seemed resigned to their fate.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3065788

I hate beat down mid-season Aggie.  Give me overly optimistic "we're going to be in the playoffs"  pre-season Aggie every time. 

Don't worry, after their new daddy beats them they'll be the best 3 loss team in the country and recruits will no doubt take notice and want to run through a wall for Jimbo.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I hate beat down mid-season Aggie.  Give me overly optimistic "we're going to be in the playoffs"  pre-season Aggie every time. 

Flexbone is that Robert Lea Wilson faggit.  He’s been owned and exposed countless times on his own board.  

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

No kidding.  I feel like telling a few of the posters that they’re welcome to be Longhorn fans.  It’s just pitiful.

Damn, it must be overly sobering to figure out that the entire culture ingrained into every fiber of your school keeps you from having sustained success in the Big 3. Leading to the only way sustained success can be had is by nearly getting the death penalty. Imagine if SMU had taken heed of the NCAA warnings, and aggy got hit with that penalty instead.

Edited by HtownHorn

48 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

No kidding.  I feel like telling a few of the posters that they’re welcome to be Longhorn fans.  It’s just pitiful.

Now why would you say some crazy shit like that? I'm enjoying every bit of the Aggy self loathing. Especially after the decade we just had. Fuck em. I hope they lose every game left on their schedule to the point they decide to shut down their shitty football program.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Aggie’s self-realization is stealing my joy.  

It never takes. What you have is an environment where the sane can voice their opinions. They're always there, they just can't get a word in edgewise when the cultists are full of koolaid.

Even in these threads, you see some people being called out for not quietly supporting the team or being part of the problem. They're just getting warmed up on internecine hatred.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, Vertigo said:

Coach Eaux has bumblefucked his way into a damn good system that can have long term success if he can keep from screwing it up down the stretch and keep his offensive coordinator for more than a year.

just as a reminder, Joe Brady is not the OC. 

Steve Ensminger is the OC

Joe Brady is the Passing Game Coordinator and co-WR coach.

Will be interesting to see what happens, he makes $400k / year (Ensminger makes $800k I believe) - beyond if he stays at LSU or moves on elsewhere either to be the main OC or (back) to the NFL.

either way, they are going to struggle next year. have a Sr QB who has not taken a bunch of snaps (like 60 attempted passes over 3 years), and a guy who will be a RS FR (Peter Parrish.) Plus 2 4* guys committed.

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

Will be interesting to see what happens, he makes $400k / year (Ensminger makes $800k I believe) - beyond if he stays at LSU or moves on elsewhere either to be the main OC or (back) to the NFL.

either way, they are going to struggle next year. have a Sr QB who has not taken a bunch of snaps (like 60 attempted passes over 3 years), and a guy who will be a RS FR (Peter Parrish.) Plus 2 4* guys committed.

Joe Brady is calling the plays and controlling scheme.  All those booth shots from the Texas game made that pretty clear.

Also, I feel pretty confident that unless LSU implodes down the stretch, Brady will earn himself a Head Coaching job this offseason with LSU's on-field performance.

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Joe Brady is calling the plays and controlling scheme.  All those booth shots from the Texas game made that pretty clear.

Also, I feel pretty confident that unless LSU implodes down the stretch, Brady will earn himself a Head Coaching job this offseason with LSU's on-field performance.

yes, but my point is that he is 1) underpaid and 2) doesn't have the title in place to keep him there long-er term. i assume those discussions are happening now but still.

HC job is a maybe (dude is 30), but an OC job somewhere? 100%

2 hours ago, NoName said:

1 hour ago, NoName said:

yes, but my point is that he is 1) underpaid and 2) doesn't have the title in place to keep him there long-er term. i assume those discussions are happening now but still.

Ensminger didn't even want to call plays when Orgeron got promoted to OC; Orgeron had to talk him into it 

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Saban needs a crushing win to keep them ahead of Clemson. Here is hoping for a mud hole stomping game. A shut out at home would really gets the gomers after dumbos head.

No way they get shut out. Jimbo's gameplan is to get to the 4th quarter and be down by enough points so the other team will pull starters or play prevent.  

2 hours ago, NoName said:

If he only gets an OC offer elsewhere, LSU will pay up and make him OC. Ensminger is currently OC in name only. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Don't care, got Jimbo. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

8:49a 

Staff

A pair of sources have indicated to me this morning that Athens OL Garrett Hayes will not be in attendance this weekend in College Station. 

A&M and Josh Henson continue to communicate with Garrett though and are working to get him to another game later this fall. 

I continue to grow more comfortable calling TCU the leader, and it absolutely wouldn't surprise me to see him take a visit to Fort Worth soon. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Saban needs a crushing win to keep them ahead of Clemson. Here is hoping for a mud hole stomping game. A shut out at home would really gets the gomers after dumbos head.

Impossible because Saban's deathly afraid of Jimbo Baggins.

10 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Don't care, got Jimbo. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

A pair of sources have indicated to me this morning that Athens OL Garrett Hayes will not be in attendance this weekend in College Station. 

A&M and Josh Henson continue to communicate with Garrett though and are working to get him to another game later this fall. 

I continue to grow more comfortable calling TCU the leader, and it absolutely wouldn't surprise me to see him take a visit to Fort Worth soon. 

Perfect...lol

11 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Don't care, got Jimbo. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Who needs tackles anyway?

• Like 2

dumbo?

$75,000,000 dumbo?

a saban mudhole plays right into his hands.

dumbo he ain't

32849403e5ba381a8c08ffff98e54f80.jpg

cc3b6f5ed14bed1716b5fdf88249afde.gif

aggy gonna fire richbo and moneywhip saban to the tune of $125,000,000 garonteed. saban will come and step off the jet at easterwoods and go what the fuck just like richbo and shit the bed asap just like richbo so as to escape that shithole loony bin with his money pronto.

hide and watch.
  • Haha 1

aggy visitor list.

Perroni

These are guys we have confirmed will be there. We will update it throughout the week with more names and also once we know more about Donell Harris. Last week, his plan was to likely head to Baton Rouge this weekend, but it's still up in the air. We also need to confirm with Noah Sewell as there has not been much talk on him since he originally said he planned the visit months ago.

Almost all of the in-state commitments will be there as well. Akinola Ogunbiyi and Devin Price play on Saturday, so they won't. Shadrach Banks won't be there either as he always rides with Dematrius Davis and Davis is not able to make it.

Kenneth Phillips III could be added to the official visitor list. He will know later in the week.

In addition to A&M-Alabama, there is Texas-OU in Dallas and LSU-Florida in Baton Rouge that will have a lot of visitors as well.

OFFICIAL VISITORS
5-star Tomball WR Demond Demas (A&M commit)
5-star Orem (UT) LB Noah Sewell (maybe)
4-star Camden (NJ) Woodrow Wilson DE Fadil Diggs (A&M commit)
4-star West Memphis (AR) OT Chris Morris
4-star Memphis (TN) Briarcrest Christian DT Omari Thomas
4-star Dallas Jesuit RB EJ Smith
4-star Gilbert (AZ) Higley DE Jason Harris
4-star Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Albert Collins
4-star St. Louis (MO) Lutheran North LB Amntonio Doyle
4-star Manor DE Princely Umanmielen (Texas commit)
4-star Miami (FL) Gulliver Prep DE Donell Harris (maybe)
Fort Bend Hightower OG Smart Chibuzo (A&M commit)

UNOFFICIAL VISITORS
2020 4-star Charlotte (NC) Myers Park WR Muhsin Muhammad III (A&M commit)
2020 Richland (NJ) St. Augustine DT Isaiah Raikes (A&M commit)
2020 Atascocita OL Jermarques Bailey

2021 5-star Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye
2021 5-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson
2021 4-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Marcus Burris
2021 4-star Southaven (MS) WR Isaiah Brevard
2021 4-star Houston Episicopal OT Donovan Jackson
2021 4-star Marrero (LA) John Ehret S Kaine Williams
2021 4-star Katy Taylor OG Bryce Foster
2021 4-star DeSoto DE Shemar Turner
2021 4-star Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem
2021 4-star Grandview TE/DE Dametrious Crownover
2021 Houston Episicopal OT Cullen Montgomery
2021 Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon
2021 West Memphis (AR) DE Renard Gwynn
2021 West Memphis (AR) DT Terry Carter
2021 Forrest City (AR) LB Marco Avant
2021 South Grand Prairie LB Marsel McDuffie
2021 Atascocita WR/TE Landen King

2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau
2022 Dickinson TE Donovan Green
2022 Lewisville WR Armani Winfield
2022 Katy S Bobby Taylor
2022 West Memphis (AR) QB Tevin Carter

2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

aggy visitor list.

Perroni

These are guys we have confirmed will be there. We will update it throughout the week with more names and also once we know more about Donell Harris. Last week, his plan was to likely head to Baton Rouge this weekend, but it's still up in the air. We also need to confirm with Noah Sewell as there has not been much talk on him since he originally said he planned the visit months ago.

Almost all of the in-state commitments will be there as well. Akinola Ogunbiyi and Devin Price play on Saturday, so they won't. Shadrach Banks won't be there either as he always rides with Dematrius Davis and Davis is not able to make it.

Kenneth Phillips III could be added to the official visitor list. He will know later in the week.

In addition to A&M-Alabama, there is Texas-OU in Dallas and LSU-Florida in Baton Rouge that will have a lot of visitors as well.

OFFICIAL VISITORS
5-star Tomball WR Demond Demas (A&M commit)
5-star Orem (UT) LB Noah Sewell (maybe)
4-star Camden (NJ) Woodrow Wilson DE Fadil Diggs (A&M commit)
4-star West Memphis (AR) OT Chris Morris
4-star Memphis (TN) Briarcrest Christian DT Omari Thomas
4-star Dallas Jesuit RB EJ Smith
4-star Gilbert (AZ) Higley DE Jason Harris
4-star Bastrop Cedar Creek DE Albert Collins
4-star St. Louis (MO) Lutheran North LB Amntonio Doyle
4-star Manor DE Princely Umanmielen (Texas commit)
4-star Miami (FL) Gulliver Prep DE Donell Harris (maybe)
Fort Bend Hightower OG Smart Chibuzo (A&M commit)

UNOFFICIAL VISITORS
2020 4-star Charlotte (NC) Myers Park WR Muhsin Muhammad III (A&M commit)
2020 Richland (NJ) St. Augustine DT Isaiah Raikes (A&M commit)
2020 Atascocita OL Jermarques Bailey

2021 5-star Katy Tompkins DE Tunmise Adeleye
2021 5-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Landon Jackson
2021 4-star Texarkana Pleasant Grove DE Marcus Burris
2021 4-star Southaven (MS) WR Isaiah Brevard
2021 4-star Houston Episicopal OT Donovan Jackson
2021 4-star Marrero (LA) John Ehret S Kaine Williams
2021 4-star Katy Taylor OG Bryce Foster
2021 4-star DeSoto DE Shemar Turner
2021 4-star Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem
2021 4-star Grandview TE/DE Dametrious Crownover
2021 Houston Episicopal OT Cullen Montgomery
2021 Denton Guyer CB Deuce Harmon
2021 West Memphis (AR) DE Renard Gwynn
2021 West Memphis (AR) DT Terry Carter
2021 Forrest City (AR) LB Marco Avant
2021 South Grand Prairie LB Marsel McDuffie
2021 Atascocita WR/TE Landen King

2022 Port Arthur Memorial CB Jaylon Guilbeau
2022 Dickinson TE Donovan Green
2022 Lewisville WR Armani Winfield
2022 Katy S Bobby Taylor
2022 West Memphis (AR) QB Tevin Carter

2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens

It's a good list. It's somewhat perplexing how someone can be both "confirmed" and "maybe", but, well, aggie. 

I wonder how many of these guys are interested in ATM as much as they are seeing Bama play in Texas? 

Captain Obvious here, but if ATM pulls a rabbit out of their hat and wins or plays it close with the crowd into it the whole way, that will suck balls. If they come out and get pummeled or just look lackluster, holy shit this is a bad hosting weekend. 

Bama is fielding its worse defense in the Saban era, perhaps outside of 2007. I'm not pointing to stats and haven't looked. Having watched their games, they tackle poorly, they don't get the push with the front 3-4 that they often do, at least not as consistently, and the LBs are depleted and inexperienced. Obviously, their offense is amazing. I'm assuming the racehorses catching passes for Bama wind up being the difference, and they go up by 28 before the first half is over because ATM can't keep up and can't get pressure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Don't care, got Jimbo. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Update: Hayes is skipping aggy-Bama for TCU's big matchup vs. BYE.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's a good list. It's somewhat perplexing how someone can be both "confirmed" and "maybe", but, well, aggie. 

I wonder how many of these guys are interested in ATM as much as they are seeing Bama play in Texas? 

Captain Obvious here, but if ATM pulls a rabbit out of their hat and wins or plays it close with the crowd into it the whole way, that will suck balls. If they come out and get pummeled or just look lackluster, holy shit this is a bad hosting weekend. 

Bama is fielding its worse defense in the Saban era, perhaps outside of 2007. I'm not pointing to stats and haven't looked. Having watched their games, they tackle poorly, they don't get the push with the front 3-4 that they often do, at least not as consistently, and the LBs are depleted and inexperienced. Obviously, their offense is amazing. I'm assuming the racehorses catching passes for Bama wind up being the difference, and they go up by 28 before the first half is over because ATM can't keep up and can't get pressure. 

yeah, gotta believe the large majority of that visitor lost is visiting because of Bama. 

Bama’s defense is definitely vulnerable, but I can’t really see how A&M’s OL or skill position “talent” has any chance of exposing this vulnerabilities. They’re going to get torched in the oss game on defense. 

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Update: Hayes is skipping aggy-Bama for TCU's big matchup vs. BYE.

Is he actually taking a visit to TCU, or were you just joking that he’s not going to the Bama game? 

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

yeah, gotta believe the large majority of that visitor lost is visiting because of Bama. 

Bama’s defense is definitely vulnerable, but I can’t really see how A&M’s OL or skill position “talent” has any chance of exposing this vulnerabilities. They’re going to get torched in the oss game on defense. 

Is he actually taking a visit to TCU, or were you just joking that he’s not going to the Bama game? 

Perroni says he's visiting TCU

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Bama gave up 280 yards on the ground to Ole Miss, albeit in a blowout. I imagine Saban spent the entire off week geeking out on every aspect of their run defense. They hadn't been that bad on the ground against the rest of their woeful schedule, but then again they haven't played anybody with a pulse. On the positive side, A&M hasn't been able to run the ball worth a shit anyway, even against the dregs of their shitty schedule. It's kind of the movable object vs. the stoppable force, except one of them is stocked with 5 stars coached by noted defensive guru Nick Saban and the other is stocked with a bunch of overweight guards playing out of position and coached by noted offensive line neglecting Jimbo Fisher. It may be a stretch, but I'm going to have to go with Bama in this matchup.

• Like 2

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Bama gave up 280 yards on the ground to Ole Miss, albeit in a blowout. I imagine Saban spent the entire off week geeking out on every aspect of their run defense. They hadn't been that bad on the ground against the rest of their woeful schedule, but then again they haven't played anybody with a pulse. On the positive side, A&M hasn't been able to run the ball worth a shit anyway, even against the dregs of their shitty schedule. It's kind of the movable object vs. the stoppable force, except one of them is stocked with 5 stars coached by noted defensive guru Nick Saban and the other is stocked with a bunch of overweight guards playing out of position and coached by noted offensive line neglecting Jimbo Fisher. It may be a stretch, but I'm going to have to go with Bama in this matchup.

jason bateman dodgeball GIF