Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

People actually pay for this shit.  A successful year is just being able to say "wait until next year!"

He's also doubling down on the the whole "players can't have headsets on".

At the halfway point of the season, what constitutes a successful year?

I think that's very tough to answer, and, I believe, even if you lose, how this team improves and plays against Georgia and LSU has a lot to do with it. I think the bare minimum that you're hoping to see at this point is a 4-4 SEC finish (that means beating Ole Miss on the road and Miss State and South Carolina at home) and winning a bowl game. All things considered, to drop one game off of last year's record against this schedule wouldn't be the end of the world. Not saying that's a 'successful year' because it's not IMO. But I am saying that, when you're set to return as many as 21 of 22 starters (and definitely something close to that) and will soon be starting four true freshmen, it's not going to be the end of the world or derail progress under Jimbo or on the recruiting front.

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He shit talked Texas to everybody at the Openong finals.  He can stay and dwell in mediocrity at aggy and catch maybe 30 passes a year.

WTF kind of pied piper doesn't play their senior year, verbals to a tanking program and expects others to follow?   

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Josh Ellison is now listed as a commit for this class on 247.  Also, lulz at having him a 4* JUCO.  That gives them 18 commits.

Those goobers bitched and moaned about Bru MCCoy all summer, but looked the other way at the fact that Ellison and Mowry never stopped counting for their 2019 class ranking. Ellison right now is listed as a commit in both the 2019 and 2020 classes.

11 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

People actually pay for this shit.  A successful year is just being able to say "wait until next year!"

He's also doubling down on the the whole "players can't have headsets on".

At the halfway point of the season, what constitutes a successful year?

I think that's very tough to answer, and, I believe, even if you lose, how this team improves and plays against Georgia and LSU has a lot to do with it. I think the bare minimum that you're hoping to see at this point is a 4-4 SEC finish (that means beating Ole Miss on the road and Miss State and South Carolina at home) and winning a bowl game. All things considered, to drop one game off of last year's record against this schedule wouldn't be the end of the world. Not saying that's a 'successful year' because it's not IMO. But I am saying that, when you're set to return as many as 21 of 22 starters (and definitely something close to that) and will soon be starting four true freshmen, it's not going to be the end of the world or derail progress under Jimbo or on the recruiting front.

Well aggy has already lost one starter in Roney Elam.  Offensive line starter Colton Prater is a senior.  They also lose their best player who is punter Braden Mann.  I think they will also lose Madabuike and Ausbon.  So it looks like Looch is being disingenuous with his reporting.

12 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Well aggy has already lost one starter in Roney Elam.  Offensive line starter Colton Prater is a senior.  They also lose their best player who is punter Braden Mann.  I think they will also lose Madabuike and Ausbon.  So it looks like Looch is being disingenuous with his reporting.

How dare you disparage such an honest and objective journalist, sir!

19 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Lucci is a droopy-eyed, square headed endomorph just like 85% of the aggy corps turds.  He leads aggy glory hole practice before every game.  

Milkmen lead the Midnight Yell prior to their games, followed by Looch leading the Gloryhole Gala at 1am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terry Silver said:

This what they do every year. Outside of Madabuike, they lost 7-8 of their best players last year and acted like it wouldn’t affect them at all while also touting how great those guys were.
It’s the kind of cognitive dissonance that can only exist in an absolute hive of groupthink fueled by a lack of intellegence and an utter desperation to be even marginally relevant. 

• Like 3

Liucci may be the closest thing I’ve seen to a real life Ignatius J Reilly. He’s totally irrelevant with everything he says. He fake works as a way of life. He says a ton and bloviates as though it’s a source of oxygen. He’s perpetually in cahoots with buffoons. His fantasy world involves him being some sort of omnipotent savant, which constantly leads to wrongheaded idiocy. And he’s trending towards the kind of big, fat ass descriptive of the character. He also has zero sense of humor and yet is the source of continued high comedy for those spectating. It’s kind of fascinating. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Liucci has a great business model.  He is a mouthpiece and goaltender for every aggy coach.  He pumps sunshine, and the Texagers eat it up and make him rich for it.  You can tell when an aggy coach is going to be fired real quick - as soon as Liucci stops building that coach up.

And it never once occurs to his subscribers that Liucci -- who every year claims aggy is recruiting lights out and better than the sips and has the best coaching staff around -- that maybe he is lying to them to line his own pockets.  Those rubes don't get it.  They don't see a team that hasn't finished in the top 4 of the polls in 63 years.  Or that has to go back to the Clinton Administration to find the last time they had a winning record in conference in consecutive years.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Liucci may be the closest thing I’ve seen to a real life Ignatius J Reilly. He’s totally irrelevant with everything he says. He fake works as a way of life. He says a ton and bloviates as though it’s a source of oxygen. He’s perpetually in cahoots with buffoons. His fantasy world involves him being some sort of omnipotent savant, which constantly leads to wrongheaded idiocy. And he’s trending towards the kind of big, fat ass descriptive of the character. He also has zero sense of humor and yet is the source of continued high comedy for those spectating. It’s kind of fascinating. 

His football resume is that he was roommates with those two McKinney fucktards.  That's it.  He knows as much about football as he does about fornicating.  Yet he pretends he is some sort of expert not only in football knowledge, but in evaluating recruits.  His customers are rubes who eat it up.

hope springs eternal.  they are the poster children for that quote.  their whole culture is built around that very premise.

they have dogma which makes you tow the line.  it's taught in freshman year.  they call anyone who accepts reality as 2%.  they invented klan stands dances and chants to boost their morale and drive focus away from the product on the field.  hey who gives a shit if they haven't won anything for 80 years, they get to partake in klan rituals in the stands.  when the history is defined by futility, they have to find enjoyment in other ways.  selling sunshine is part of the ruse and is expected.

looch needs them as much as they need looch.  if they accepted reality, they would've given up on football decades ago.

• Haha 1

300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Liucci has a great business model.  He is a mouthpiece and goaltender for every aggy coach.  He pumps sunshine, and the Texagers eat it up and make him rich for it.  You can tell when an aggy coach is going to be fired real quick - as soon as Liucci stops building that coach up.

And it never once occurs to his subscribers that Liucci -- who every year claims aggy is recruiting lights out and better than the sips and has the best coaching staff around -- that maybe he is lying to them to line his own pockets.  Those rubes don't get it.  They don't see a team that hasn't finished in the top 4 of the polls in 63 years.  Or that has to go back to the Clinton Administration to find the last time they had a winning record in conference in consecutive years.  

This is always a fun debate. But in the fashion of true aggy cognitive dissonance, I honestly think he's smart enough to know exactly how to pump money out of those guys while simultaneously believing everything he writes. I think he 100% believes this staff is recruiting lights out, that Herman is over-matched, etc. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Super K on Dontae Manning

*I’m told the Sooners are going “all in on Manning”. He’s always been a favorite of theirs and for good reason. Manning tells us he will be down for a game. TAMU appeared to be the biggest threat for him but that interest seems to have waned.

Wouldn't be shocked if ou loses the Louisiana LB to circle back on Doyle.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is always a fun debate. But in the fashion of true aggy cognitive dissonance, I honestly think he's smart enough to know exactly how to pump money out of those guys while simultaneously believing everything he writes. I think he 100% believes this staff is recruiting lights out, that Herman is over-matched, etc. 

Correct. You, Johnny Sack, and ctj are all correct.

Consider this: that fat, stupid waste of skin is a hero in College Station. Those people actually idiolize him. I get it to some extent: he gets to pretend he's an objective third party writing and talking about the powerhouse that is aggy athletics. All while his business simultaneously has "professional" relationships with the University AND he travels everywhere the team goes, associates with current and former players and coaches, recruits for the team, and is on the sideline and in the lockerroom at every game. He is more central to their program than the Athletic Director. Billy has been there longer, and he and Texags have called the shots to fire more coaches than their AD ever will. It's strange.

The dude actually has a lot of power, yet he is a fucking idiot blinded by his maroon biases. And some college educated people pay him for his idiotic takes. He's the aggy idiot savant.

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

History says dropped from 20 to 61 on 247. Dunno what (if anything) has happened with other services

If I'm reading it correctly, everyone now in spots 20-60 (including Bijan, Garth, JQJ) moved up one spot, King dropped 41, and the entirety of the rest of the top 247 was unchanged. So dropping King was the only change. Lol.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

If I'm reading it correctly, everyone now in spots 20-60 (including Bijan, Garth, JQJ) moved up one spot, King dropped 41, and the entirety of the rest of the top 247 was unchanged. So dropping King was the only change. Lol.

That's hilarious.  Yeah, we need to update our rankings, all because this one kid is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.  

Also, now down to 83 in 247.

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's hilarious.  Yeah, we need to update our rankings, all because this one kid is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated.  

Also, now down to 83 in 247.

Haha. That's weird. Guess they thought better of having him in 60's.  Appears there's a couple of other changes in their top 247 as well now. Sad.

At least dropping King was priority #1

Edited by TommyGufano

15 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Haha. That's weird. Guess they thought better of having him in 60's.  Appears there's a couple of other changes in their top 247 as well now. Sad.

At least dropping King was priority #1

It's says he's 61 on the King page, but when you look at the actual list, he's #83.  247 just messing with aggy.

• Like 1

If ctj is correct that he's got a shoulder injury then he should still level off somewhere around 100 in the nation. That explains the weak throws but not the terrible decisions he's been making. He was throwing prayers into double and triple coverage against TJT.

Still a very good prospect they lucked into but as everyone here said, he was probably never #20 in the nation good. 

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Haynes King down to 4 stars 

Guess they actually watched him play. He wasn't even 5-star worthy last year, he just played on a great team. He has been mostly terrible this year, injured shoulder or not. He never should have gotten a bump in the summer.