Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

So Aggy jus needs 6-8 of these guys to finish Top 8?

Daniel Ngata (APB from Folson, CA) - pushed things back

Zachary Evans (RB from Houston, Tx) - Trending LSU

Devon Achane (APB from Missouri City, Tx) - Don't count out him going where Malik Hornsby goes

EJ Smith (APB from Dalls, Tx) - no idea

Chris Morris (OG from West Memphis, AR) - Trending A&M...for now

Garrett Hayes (OT from Athens, Tx) - Trending Arkansas or TCU

Ty'kleast Crawford (OT from Carthage, Tx) - Commtted to Arkansas - might not qualify

Marcus Dumervil (OT from Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Looks like Bama just trapdoored OL Xavier Hill to take this guy

Donell Harris (WDE from Miami, FL) - Fong to LSU

McKinnley Jackson (DT from Lucedale, MS) - who?

Antonia Doyle (OLB from Hazelwood, MO) - just had a kid. Could stay closer to home

Dontae Manning (CB from Kansas City, MO) - Tending A&M

Damieon George (OT from Houston, Tx) - Please please take him

Arik Gilbert (TE from Marietta, GA) - Trending Alabama

Edited by Neonmoon

31 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Devon Achane (APB from Missouri City, Tx) - Don't count out him going where Malik Hornsby goes

Ty'kleast Crawford (OT from Carthage, Tx) - Commtted to Arkansas - might not qualify

Marcus Dumervil (OT from Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Looks like Bama just trapdoored OL Xavier Hill to take this guy

Antonia Doyle (OLB from Hazelwood, MO) - just had a kid. Could stay closer to home

I think you guys are forgetting that Jimbo Fisher and Co. were "in on him first" with most of these recruits.  Advantage aggy.

• Like 1

Further proof that Mike Farrell doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. The sub-heading is "QB COMMITS HEADED INTO GOOD SITUATIONS"

Haynes King, Texas A&M – It’s not that there isn’t talent behind Kellen Mond, but King is a Jimbo Fisher kind of guy. If Mond returns, King can learn under him before taking over. Mobility is King's strength and that’s what Fisher likes about him.

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

29 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I wondering if LSU would flip Demas if it is true that Jarrett is flipping to Bama. 

For @mdleast, can't decide which GIF I like best regarding the news that Demas might not be quite as solid as aggy likes to think.

I call this one "Jimbo's last-ditch in-home visit with Demas":

spacer.png

I call this one "That Moment Clem Realizes Demas Has Been Fong'd to LSU":

spacer.png

The next two are a two-part set I call "Surly's Reaction to the News Demas has Flipped":

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

For [mention=204]mdleast[/mention], can't decide which GIF I like best regarding the news that Demas might not be quite as solid as aggy likes to think.

giphy.gif

200.gif

The next two are a two-part set I call "Surly's Reaction to the News Demas has Flipped":
tenor.gif?itemid=6162362
giphy.gif

Mmm...such good stuff though I have to be careful to not overdose on this thread

5f1d2637afd115943e2cf754c2b5f5f2.gif
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

For @mdleast, can't decide which GIF I like best regarding the news that Demas might not be quite as solid as aggy likes to think.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Who said Demas wasn't solid? 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

They also don't seem to account for LSU being THE school in a talent-rich state such as Louisiana. They're the team to beat on just about EVERY top-level in-state player. aggy isn't that school in Texas -- and never will be.

The other thing that seems different is, are there kids who grow up in Louisiana and can't wait to play football for, say, Alabama because it's Not LSU...? Like some of the knuckleheads who leave Texas to play for OU and the choice seems more about being Not Texas than picking their actual college. 

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Who said Demas wasn't solid? 

Nobody to my knowledge. Just brought up as a possibility with Evans now looking like he might be LSU-bound. A Demas flip would turn their world upside down -- which is why I'm rooting for it.

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dumervil is the prospect they need more than any other and general OL recruiting angst

Hide contents

EF-felaWkAAGuhm?format=jpg&name=smallEF-ffFHWoAAZsar?format=jpg&name=smallEF-fgnOX0AAzMqS?format=jpg&name=small

"Do you mean to tell me that LSU and OU can get momentum with a prospect, but we cannot, even with Fisher's ties to the state of Florida."

giphy.gif

I mean, for guys who spend a lot of time on a message board, the past several decades really seem to have gone by unnoticed by these guys. 

• Like 1

Nobody to my knowledge. Just brought up as a possibility with Evans now looking like he might be LSU-bound. A Demas flip would turn their world upside down -- which is why I'm rooting for it.

He always seemed like the type of guy that flips to Bama at the last minute

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm not going to waste time looking it up, but I'd bet money that Perroni has every one of those guys CB'ed to aggy.

If LSU mods are calling Evans to LSU, it’s a good data point. All but one of the coaches at North Shore are LSU honks and talk to their mods. 

King is battling a shoulder injury that’s not really public. His numbers are shitty accordingly, but not entirely indicative of how he projects. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dudes in here laughing if Demas flips to LSU, and I'm hoping he comes here. The tears would be immeasurable by those toothless regards. 

He shit talked Texas to everybody at the Openong finals.  He can stay and dwell in mediocrity at aggy and catch maybe 30 passes a year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Those goobers flat out laughed at us when we told them that the only reason the SEC wanted them, was because it would open up recruiting in Texas and add some TV sets to push their SECN-- all without adding a school that would be any threat whatsoever on the field to their traditional powers.  We told them opening up the state would hurt their recruiting a lot more than ours and they flat out denied it.

And here we are 8 years later, Texas kicking their ass in recruiting in general, and their BFFs in the SEC taking every other recruit they really want, and they are confounded.  They have absolutely no idea how or why this is happening.

And if Mack hadn't tanked the program and Charlie hadn't burned it to the ground, this would all be far, far worse for them already.  But it's coming.  They missed their window and now it's all downhill for them. 

Their recruiting has improved substantially since their move to the SEC. They've been able to land more high profile recruits than when they were in the Big 12. That they don't seem to know how to manage recruiting is their problem. Or coach them. Or not take 7 wide receivers in a class to artificially inflate their class rankings. Or not by weird fucking cultists. Or refrain from jizzing in jars. Or not to fuck sheep. Or not turn into a diploma mill and accept 75 thousand students. But that's it. That's really their only problem.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

That combined with the rumors Jarrett is flipping from LSU to Bama opening a WR spot at LSU.

Spoiler

Liucci

2:22p 

Staff

AG

Quote:

Projected OL (by position) for the Bama game?

Tough one to start out with. I think they have to consider the McCollum/Prater switch at center, at least, but I don't think that's a sure thing to happen. If not, then I think you'll see the same starting five with the idea that McCollum will once again see a lot of time at right guard along with Kenyon Green. Green struggled last week and probably needed to get to the bye in a bad way. Then again, who didn't struggle upfront? That's what makes things so tough. Your two veteran tackles had rough outings against an Arkansas defense that gave up 250 yards on the ground to Colorado State and over 500 total to San Jose.

Quote:

How much of a break do players typically get during a bye week?

They'll usually get a few days off. This week, they practice Tuesday, Wednesday and today and will return on Sunday for a normal game week. Pretty typical stuff.

Quote:

Why haven't we seen more of Richardson? Trouble picking up the offense or just not performing as well as Spiller/Kibodi?

I think it's a situation where he's probably not picking things up like he needs to. This is just my personal opinion, but it makes me wonder about commitment level when you're as talented a runner as he is, yet they are sticking to a two-man rotation at the position with just three guys even available. The fact he's not getting reps makes me think he's either not practicing at any required level or a liability in pass pro, assignments, etc.

Quote:

It seemed like Dickey had his hand in the offense a little more this week... tempo, quarterback runs, drags and jet sweeps. Would you say that's true? And if so what are your thoughts on it?

I don't think Dickey had his hand in the offense any more than in the past. He's right there with Jimbo every week when it comes to game-planning. I think he and Fisher just decided they needed to open things up a little to create some pressure on the defense since they can't do it via the conventional ground game. I liked what they were doing with those plays and sticking to taking early deep shots, but they'll have to continue to tinker with it and push the envelope.

Quote:

How do you feel about the Alabama game now compared to before the season began?

Worse. Based on how the Ags have played through five games and how good the Alabama passing game has been. It's a bad, bad matchup for the A&M defense if they're not going to be able to put pressure on Tua. The Ags have eight sacks through five games, and Ben freaking Hicks sat back there and had time to check twitter before getting rid of it on Saturday. Elko blitzing more seems like a recipe for disaster against those receivers who make a living turning short throws into long touchdowns, and sitting back and rushing four or five doesn't seem ideal, either. Toughest matchup of the year for the A&M defense, and I thought before the year that would be Clemson. Not even close. The crazy part is that the Bama defense is noticeably worse than I expected it to be (due to personnel losses and then multiple injuries). What I didn't expect, however, was the Aggie ground game to not be at a point that they could run against Arkansas. Barring a significant turnaround with the run game or pass rush during the bye, I definitely feel worse, which is a shame because last year's Aggies at their best would have given this Bama team all it wanted in a 'tempered shootout.' Meaning, the Ags would have given up some huge plays through the air but would have shut down the Tide run game and then controlled the clock with Trayveon and gotten enough big plays from Mond, Jace and the WRs to hang in for four quarters.

Quote:

Did I hear that Blumrick was used on special teams recently? As big and fast as he is, wish we could use him on the field somewhere...

I'd have to look into that one. He's fast and tall but is still pretty slender. If he ever did make a position switch (which I haven't heard anything about but admittedly haven't asked), I do think he could pack on some good weight pretty quickly. I will double-check on the special teams thing for next week (actually, I'll come back and edit this answer for you guys).

Quote:

Do you find Mond's performance this season very concerning? I think he has clearly improved over the past couple of years, but then we see him make some very silly mistakes that he should not be making at this point in his QB career. Exhibit A: that terrible endzone pick against Arkansas. 

Clearly, not as concerning as you do based on the question. I agree he shouldn't make a mistake like the end zone pick against Arkansas. That was a terrible decision. He also made about a dozen plays in that game that helped you win it. Several perfect throws under pressure or even while being hit, what should have been a long TD pass to open up the game, a game-saving scramble on 3rd-and-9 where he made a guy miss in the open-field or the Aggies punt it away where a field goal for Arkansas wins it. He completed nearly 65% of his passes and totaled more than 300 yards of offense (sans sacks) with 3 TDs and an INT (and it should have been 4 TDs to one pick). He's not where he needs to be yet, but his last two games have been good. Not great, but he has absolutely played two good games in SEC West play and is clearly getting better. Go back and watch Auburn and Arkansas and see how #11 is throwing the ball in the first quarter of games (I'm saying that because one of the talking points has to do with Kellen's starts). Count the perfectly-thrown balls versus the bad ones. Count the incompletions that should have been caught. And then tell me what you think some of the SEC QBs off to a better start this year would be doing without any semblance of a running game and not getting the protection they're getting from OLs like Georgia, Bama and Auburn are providing. It's very tough to overanalyze Mond's mistakes at this point, with the exception of if he misses a wide-open receiver or a mistake like the one in the red zone on Saturday.

Quote:

Do you think Elam will be back for Bama?

I'm not expecting it, but it's possible.

Quote:

Do Brian Williams and Dylan Wright keep their shirt?

I'd have to check Williams' special teams participation, but probably so with Dylan. He's been good, and folks are pretty excited about his potential (there were days in fall camp where he looked like the best on the field), but he's still learning the system. That said, he's probably an injury or string of drops away from finding himself on the field.

Quote:

Undoubtedly a huge recruiting weekend - how do they juggle everything that goes with playing the #1 team in the country with the large group of stud recruits that will be here? 

That's the easy part. Jimbo and his staff have done that 100 times. The hard part is playing well enough against Bama to create the type of electric environment that all of those recruits saw last year against Clemson, Kentucky and LSU.

Quote:

I'm a firm believer that championship caliber teams can run the football and stop the run. Lack of run game is the single biggest factor preventing us from taking the next step IMO. If you had to pick one thing and one thing only that is holding us back, what would it be?

Inability to run the football. That's the No. 1 by a longshot at this point. Second would be the inability to get to the QB and not being very strong in terms of playing the edges on defense. Linebackers have to get better in terms of staying in their lanes against the run, too.

Quote:

At the halfway point of the season, what constitutes a successful year?

I think that's very tough to answer, and, I believe, even if you lose, how this team improves and plays against Georgia and LSU has a lot to do with it. I think the bare minimum that you're hoping to see at this point is a 4-4 SEC finish (that means beating Ole Miss on the road and Miss State and South Carolina at home) and winning a bowl game. All things considered, to drop one game off of last year's record against this schedule wouldn't be the end of the world. Not saying that's a 'successful year' because it's not IMO. But I am saying that, when you're set to return as many as 21 of 22 starters (and definitely something close to that) and will soon be starting four true freshmen, it's not going to be the end of the world or derail progress under Jimbo or on the recruiting front.

Quote:

Do you think we'll see Ainias Smith in the backfield at all in the near future? He just seems like a play maker and we need to get the ball in his hands more.

Only if there is an injury at the position, and even then, it's a maybe. I agree with your statement about getting the ball in his hands as much as possible. They can do that creatively with him lined up at receiver and on special teams, as well, which I'm 1000% convinced we'll see.

Quote:

It was sad to see the news of Ed Simonini passing away. It was a pleasure to watch him play. I still remember the loudspeaker ringing out the words "tackle by Simonini." How would rank him among the great linebackers to play at Texas A&M?

Well, he was before my time, so I'm going off of what others have said and also his legendary status among not only Aggie linebackers but the all-time greats, regardless of position. It sounds like he was a top 5 LB in school history without question, and quite possibly one of the three best to ever play the position here. I wish I could have seen him play and gotten to know him. Sounds like a wonderful person, an incredible player and a real man's man the kind of guy you'd want on your side and on your team. The kind of guy you're proud to know is an Aggie.

Quote:

Who are the leaders on the football team?

Names that immediately come to mind are Jhamon, Buddy, Kellen, Jayden Peevy, Keldrick Carper. Honestly, not as many come as quickly to mind, as was the case last year. That might be as big a part of the problem as anything else so far this season, I believe. You lost a TON of leadership off of last year's squad and a lot of personality, as well. That's been pretty difficult to replace based on what I'm watching. Have to have some young leaders emerge perhaps Guys like Bobby Brown or Ainias Smith. The problem is, there are a lot of that (strong personalities) in the freshman class, but it's tough for those guys to take over until they're out there playing and playing well.

Quote:

Why do A&M teams rarely seem to "get up" for games? Every year, Arkansas plays way above themselves in the A&M game. A&M plays the #1 team and looks like they are sleep-walking through 3 quarters.

I'd disagree with this one. I agree in that I haven't liked the energy this team has shown in the two big games this year and even against Arkansas (though they jumped out to a 14-3 lead). But I'd also point out the way the Ags played against Clemson, Kentucky and LSU last year as examples of them 'getting up' for big games. Even at Auburn, the Aggies raced out to a halftime lead and were in control through most of that thing. Same in the bowl game. They were absolutely 'up' for that one, which isn't always the case in bowls. Have to find a way to recapture some of that with this year's team, though, because they haven't shown it just yet.

Quote:

Your best guess as of today: who starts the most games at QB in 2020 and 2021 and 2022?

Kellen Mond and from there, I would be completely guessing. Calzada and Haynes King will battle it out in '21, IMO, with King having been here since the spring of 2020, so he'd have plenty of time in the system and two springs and two fall camps before that one is decided. My point is, he and Calzada will battle it on a reasonably level playing field. Eli Stowers is going to be a superstar, but he'd be a true freshman in '21. Let's see how he develops. Who knows, maybe that guy ends up being the best QB prospect in the country before all is said and done. A long, long way to go before all of that stuff, but the one thing I know is that the Aggies are going to have some exciting options, and Jimbo is going to end up with elite-level talent at the position over the next five years plus.

Quote:

With the recent law passed in CA. Assuming it takes hold nationwide, does this benefit teams like A&M the most with the amount of money we bring in?

That's not really how it's going to work. And I don't think it's going to ultimately take hold nationwide. There are a LOT of legal issues that will go into this thing (taxes and athletes earning income in different states, schools in states where the rule doesn't exist refusing to play the states who can take advantage, the fact that we're talking about major state universities and politicians...where do you think most are ultimately going to side when push comes to shove?) so while I do think we'll see change, I don't think it's going to be anything close to what people are expecting today.

Quote:

Do you think Jimbo and staff are surprised by the struggles that we've had so far this year, or do you think it was just the fans and somewhat the media that overhyped us?

I think if you look at the media around the country, most felt A&M would be pretty salty this year. Hell, they were ranked what? No. 12 in the preseason polls? What does that tell you? I think Jimbo and the coaches were well aware of the potential issues that could have held this team back. Mix in a couple of injuries and playing poorly at Clemson, and then those concern areas prove to, in fact, be on the bad side of what you thought they could be, and I think a lot of what Fisher is seeing maybe isn't coming as a surprise, but it was something that, in a world closer to perfect, the head coach and his staff had hoped the Ags could avoid early in the season.

Quote:

On today's lunch show, you discuss Nick Starkel "being on the headset" during the game and that being considered "cheating". You also mentioned Clemson doing something similar. I couldn't follow that quick exchange. Can you elaborate on this a bit further?

I mentioned that Clemson is notorious in college coaching circles for their alleged reliance on stealing signs and also for allegedly going to extreme lengths to get their hands on tape and spying on fall camp practices of high-profile September opponents. Hate to break it to some of you, but apparently, Dabo isn't the saint some make him out to be. That stuff is gamesmanship, as far as I'm concerned. The whole 'if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying' thing. I'm sure with the connection to Arkansas, there was a lot of sharing of information, etc., but Starkel was absolutely a weapon they tried to use to steal signs during the game. Even before he was hurt, it was going on when the Aggies had the ball. Afterward, he apparently had the headset on, which a player can't do during the game. Nothing big, but an example of the advantage gained by having Nick on the roster and the lengths Morris is willing to go to in order to gain an advantage in the Hogs' ongoing crusade to beat Texas A&M or build a team full of ex-Aggie players and coaches.

Quote:

Why do we seem to get so few night games at Kyle?

Honestly, I think that's been the luck of the draw. Maybe one 11 a.m. game a year or so at home, and then the Ags have been the 2:30 draw more often than you'd think. Last year you got Clemson, UK and LSU at night and Ole Miss at 11. This year, Auburn and Bama have been the CBS top pick.

Quote:

Given things are morphing a bit in SEC West, are we confident that we have the right offensive scheme (understanding we have a lot of youth at critical positions that need to grow into it)?

It doesn't matter whether 'we're' confident or not; the Aggies are going to continue to run the offense, and, yes, it will work in the SEC West. It worked last year in all but a couple of games, and that was in year one in the system with a sophomore quarterback, a tight end for the first time, and only two proven OL plus only one WR with any experience entering the season. This year's unit lost its top three players, including the SEC's leading rusher by a wide margin, and is struggling to replace the two most influential figures in last year's ground game and an All-American tight end. They replaced those guys with a couple of true freshmen and lost the guys they were planning to replace them with due to injury. I'm sure Jimbo will continue to tinker with the offense and make changes every season, but things will look a hell of a lot different with a senior quarterback, and, eventually, when you look up and see explosive playmakers like Ainias, Muhsin Muhammad III, Demond Demas, King (and then Stowers in 2021) and possibly guys like Devon Achane, Daniyel Ngata or even Zach Evans out there. Combine that with some of the young talent you've got right now in the true freshman class, and you have some elite-level, game-changing talent. As recently as five or six years ago, this offense produced a Heisman and Mackey Award winner plus an NFL star or two in the backfield and a first-rounder in Benjamin from that '13 group, as well.

Quote:

This is a broad question but here goes...it looks like something is "off" with this team. No sense of urgency, sense of joy of the game. Is that just me or do you see it too?

It really is a broad question. I think you're off on the part about no joy of the game. That's not it at all based on how they're practicing, and I think they'd appear to be having more fun if they weren't struggling as much. They just haven't played well, so that's led to them pressing it seems to me. It's almost as if they're trying TOO hard at times early in games. But I agree that at times I'm not seeing the sense of urgency that I like, and I too think something is just a little off. In my opinion, this group is missing the emotional leadership element and also has yet to develop a great deal of personality. They're having as difficult a time replacing that (Gilly, Trayveon, Jace, Daylon, Alaka, Keke, Dono and so on) as much as anything else.

Quote:

Concerning players leaving early for the NFL draft: The players that left early last year were not recruited by Fisher, and that might have played in their decision to leave. Do you think, in the future, those players recruited by Fisher will feel more loyalty be more likely to stay through their senior year? 

It absolutely played into their decision. Yes, I do think there will be more loyalty to the head coach (and the goal that they're been working towards for multiple years now) than last year. It wasn't that those guys weren't loyal, but the same bond wasn't quite there as there will be with the guys coming up through the program now. The assumption is also that the Aggies are going to be playing for much more in the future, and when you spend two or three years working towards that goal (an SEC title or playoff berth), it's a lot harder to walk away from it. That's not to say the Ags won't lose a guy or two early this year, but I think Fisher and Co. will have better success when it comes to keeping the guys they desperately want to keep. I also think last year was pretty unique in that you had one guy who kind of shocked everyone by leaving (Dodson) and three others who no one thought would even be graded highly enough to consider leaving early at the start of the season (McCoy, Sternberger and Williams). I think that snuck up on everyone to some degree, and the agents already had the ears of those close to them, so it was suddenly an uphill battle.

Quote:

Basketball question- while I'm not necessarily predicting we make March Madness in year one, do you think Aggie basketball is relevant when the calendar flips to January 2020 unlike last year when we had a 0.0% chance of making the tournament by that point?

Somehow, someway, I do. It's not going to be easy in year one for Buzz and Co. because there is so little depth, and you're talking about year one under a new head coach, and so much of what he'll ultimately accomplish has to do with the overall culture of his program. But the man can flat out coach, and he's a master motivator whose teams ALWAYS play hard and want it as badly or more than the team they're tipping off against. I've known Buzz for a long time and have followed his career very closely since he became a head coach. He'll have his guys ready, and he's going to win big at Texas A&M. Whatever this team's ceiling is in 2019-2020, this team will reach it.

Others receiving votes:

Quote:

Who is our Minister of Culture? 

Fortunately, we don't have one. I don't want the job, so don't volunteer me. If we do decide to go the MoC route, why not our dude Rico Rodriguez?

Quote:

Do u use an electric shaver or the old fashioned shaver and shaving lotion? 

I prefer a razor.

Quote:

Worst non-sports related travel experience?

Well, anything non-sports related doesn't involve Gabe, Dalton or early-airport-arriving Olin, so that makes it tougher. If we're talking recent, I'd probably say when I did one night in NOLA on Memorial Day a couple of years ago, partied all night, got a couple of hours in, ate brunch, and we flew back to Easterwood. From there, I went home, let my dog out, grabbed my bag that was already packed, and drove to Houston to hop a flight to Vegas for Sunday and Monday nights. Got to the airport, got on the plane, and then the storms rolled in across North Texas heading our way. Sat on the plane (with no sleep, mind you) and sat. And sat. For over four hours. Finally got to Vegas at like 11 and made it out at midnight. Torrie (she just got married BTW, so if you follow her on twitter, go congratulate her!) got there from LA at like 5, so we went straight out, and it was another all-nighter at XS. I don't think I've ever been more tired.

Quote:

I've seen you at a couple of games and always wanted to say hello and thank you for what you do. However, I also see others doing this, and often doing it in ways I wouldn't appreciate. Does it bother you when people say hey?

Never! I always love meeting subscribers and shaking hands. The only time I don't appreciate it is when it's that person that jumps into a conversation and then proceeds to start talking shop and asking questions while whoever I was talking to has to stand there. Outside of that, I'll never NOT want to meet one of you guys/gals and say thank you right back.

Quote:

That picture of you in the same shirt as Jimbo: Are you related to Wolfman Jack? 

Not that I'm aware of (currently googles a picture of Wolfman Jack because I've forgotten what he looks like). Googles picture...hmmmmmm.

4 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

King will need quite a bit of improvement to have a mediocre year of passing.

Haynes King's passing stats through 5 games-

3 TDs

5 interceptions

53% completion 

66.9 QB rating

And if you want a comparison with Hudson Card through 5 games 

14 TDs

2 interceptions

66% completion 

132.3 QB rating 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Haynes King's passing stats through 5 games-

3 TDs

5 interceptions

53% completion 

66.9 QB rating

And if you want a comparison with Hudson Card through 5 games 

14 TDs

2 interceptions

66% completion 

132.3 QB rating 

Longview is SECountry, Lake Travis is BDF.  Gotta adjust the stats for facing tougher defenses, stupid sip.  

• Like 3

Ha.  Too bad they can't get that 1939 team here to play Bama this year, they would give them all they could handle. ~Looch

If he were writing all his garbage with the sole purpose of stealing aggy money, I would actually respect that guy for executing a strong business plan.

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Ha.  Too bad they can't get that 1939 team here to play Bama this year, they would give them all they could handle. ~Looch

If he were writing all his garbage with the sole purpose of stealing aggy money, I would actually respect that guy for executing a strong business plan.

an idiot can and is stealing aggy money based on that business plan.  all you need to do is to sell sunshine, lots and lots of sunshine.  sunshine 24/7/365.  even better if you throw in the term "tsip" and "tu" every once in awhile.

that's basically looch's material.  act like an expert on everything and sell sunshine.