Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

If I'm reading it correctly, everyone now in spots 20-60 (including Bijan, Garth, JQJ) moved up one spot, King dropped 41, and the entirety of the rest of the top 247 was unchanged. So dropping King was the only change. Lol.

https://247sports.com/Article/Four-Star-Friday-QB-shuffle-rising-Peach-State-RBs-136490428

-We've seen a few top-rated quarterbacks in Haynes King and Carson Beck have bumpy starts to the season. Both led their high schools to state titles as juniors, but have seen a dip in production and most importantly, overall play to this point in the 2020 campaign. Both have seen their completion percentages dip over ten percent from last season and have thrown the same or more interceptions in one-third as many games. Through five games, King is completing 52% of his passes for 745 yards, three touchdowns and five interceptions. A fantastic athlete, he's had more success on the ground than as a passer, rushing for seven scores. Beck has completed 48.2% percent of his attempts for 686 yards, six touchdowns and eight interceptions, while rushing for three scores. Both are pressing a bit and seeing some struggles with accuracy and decision-making. We wanted to wait to this point to make sure we weren't overreacting to a few isolated poor outings, but with half the season gone, we feel it's appropriate to readjust based off what we've seen thus far. King remains in the top 100, moving to No. 83, while Beck now checks in at No. 181. As with everyone else, we will continue to monitor their seasons the rest of the fall and will continue adjust accordingly.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's bullshit. He did good at that camp one time. How he actually plays football has no bearing on how he will play football in college. Also you have to remember that these rankings don't take intangibles into account. And from what I hear his intangibles are off the charts. 

I vehemently disagree with Hank Scorpio's opinion, and I have feelings about him as a person because of it.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

If ctj is correct that he's got a shoulder injury then he should still level off somewhere around 100 in the nation. That explains the weak throws but not the terrible decisions he's been making. He was throwing prayers into double and triple coverage against TJT.

Still a very good prospect they lucked into but as everyone here said, he was probably never #20 in the nation good. 

I'm not sure how his shoulder injury is related to his decision to commit to A&M?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

People actually pay for this shit. 

To be fair to Luigi (though I see no reason to do so, other than the sheer mental exercise of it), they also pay for tickets to aggy games, or an aggy edumakashun, or at the very least, for an aggy t-shirt or bumper-sticker, and that is an equally bad investment, so there really isn't anything Billy can do to cheapen it.

33 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's bullshit. He did good at that camp one time. How he actually plays football has no bearing on how he will play football in college. Also you have to remember that these rankings don't take intangibles into account. And from what I hear his intangibles are off the charts. 

Listen man, I’m not one to do this very often, but this is complete and total bullshit.  You have no fucking idea what you’re talking about.  You’re what would happen if Ketchum and Kurt Bohls decided to procreate. 

Haynes King is a phenomenal football player and an even better person.  His dad cares deeply about his performance on the football field, and his mom is still deeply disturbed that her son looks like a soulless crypt keeper. I mean, she has no clue how he could possibly look so dead inside, but she knows that Jimbo is going to fix it. His dad values his son going to a school with a QB whisperer who knows how to utilize a QB’s leg and arms, but they ended up settling for Jimbo instead.

Still, as I’ve said for years on this site, Haynes King is a 5 star QB in my heart and that’s all that really matters.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 10/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, Neonmoon said:

So Aggy jus needs 6-8 of these guys to finish Top 8?

Daniel Ngata (APB from Folson, CA) - Fonged elsewhere 

Zachary Evans (RB from Houston, Tx) - Trending LSU

Devon Achane (APB from Missouri City, Tx) - Don't count out him going where Malik Hornsby goes

EJ Smith (APB from Dalls, Tx) - no idea

Chris Morris (OG from West Memphis, AR) - Trending A&M...for now

Garrett Hayes (OT from Athens, Tx) - Trending Arkansas or TCU

Ty'kleast Crawford (OT from Carthage, Tx) - Commtted to Arkansas - might not qualify

Marcus Dumervil (OT from Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Looks like Bama just trapdoored OL Xavier Hill to take this guy

Donell Harris (WDE from Miami, FL) - Fong to LSU

McKinnley Jackson (DT from Lucedale, MS) - who?

Antonia Doyle (OLB from Hazelwood, MO) - just had a kid. Could stay closer to home

Dontae Manning (CB from Kansas City, MO) - Tending A&M

Damieon George (OT from Houston, Tx) - Please please take him

Arik Gilbert (TE from Marietta, GA) - Trending Alabama

Updated 

• Like 1

Might want to save this 

Brian Perroni avatar
Brian PerroniSTAFF
Posted on 2 mins, V I P, User Since 195 months ago, User Post Count: 81,131
  • 2 minsVIP
  • 195 months

2021, it's probably too early for but I'll throw a few guys in at the bottom that are definitely being pushed already. There are others that are targets as well but the ones listed as definitely takes all the way. But, as for 2020...

RB Zachary Evans 
RB Devon Achane 
RB EJ Smith (if there's room when he announces) 
RB Daniyel Ngata (I need to confirm this one) 
TE Arik Gilbert (likely Alabama-bound) 
OT Chris Morris 
OT Garrett Hayes 
OT Ty'kieast Crawford 
DE Donell Harris 
DE Alfred Collins 
DT Omari Thomas 
DT McKinnley Jackson 
LB Antonio Doyle 
LB Noah Sewell 
CB Dontae Manning

Others to watch: 
DE Jason Harris (OV next weekend) 
LB Matthew Roberts 
CB Ryan Watts 
S Vito Tisdale

Major 2021 targets: 
RB LJ Johnson 
RB Camar Wheaton (though his comments last night were odd about A&M not recruiting him as hard as others are) 
TE/DE Dametrious Crownover 
OT Reuben Fatheree 
OG Bryce Foster 
OL Donovan Jackson 
OL Cullen Montgomery 
OT Trey Zuhn 
OG Jaeden Roberts 
DE Landon Jackson 
DE Tunmise Adeleye 
DE Marcus Burris 
DE Jordon Thomas 
DT Tywone Malone 
LB Kendrick Blackshire (assuming he recovers well from the ACL injury) 
LB Terrence Lewis 
LB Junior Colson 
CB Tony Grimes 
CB Ishmael Ibraheem

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I love how when other teams are clearly out recruited aggy for a particular prospect it's always because Jimbo backed off. It's almost to the point that a bot could write these updates for aggy subs.

Yeah the comment right there “hey mods can you tell me who we like, seems like we’re backing off so many badass players” ha fucking ha God help me I do love a good rollercoaster

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I love how when other teams are clearly out recruited aggy for a particular prospect it's always because Jimbo backed off. It's almost to the point that a bot could write these updates for aggy subs.

It's always been that way.  RC didn't offer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

.fc607d2a7768292178aff868daa8e132.jpg22233a4050d8e1385cb7d1cdab4328bf.jpg117500cfa1666bf7d40cd79c151dfa2f.jpg2a659283e4cdc00a6011542ae650cf51.jpg

I should just make up a few takes on aggie recruits. Perroni can then just plagiarize them, like the unscrupulous fuck that he is, and give his readers something fresh. 

Don’t forget that this guy is a lying piece of shit. It’s just that ATM’s recruiting is in total disarray right now and none of their guys know where anyone is headed. Elko has checked out and has his agent looking around. Several of the other guys are legitimately incompetent. They’re going to have to moneywhip mercenaries to salvage a top 12 finish and they might not pull that off. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Elko has checked out and has his agent looking around. Several of the other guys are legitimately incompetent.

That would be @golfclap buddy Mo Linguist.

Henson is going to get whoever Herb Hand let's him, and can't land aggy legacies.

Peveto is a joke chasing 5* LB's across the country that have no interest.

WTF does the new TE coach do?

That rainmaker RB coach is taking JAG's from Georgia.

Hustle never sleeps is clearly to much for Chef Price to go up against.

Elijah Robinson is hanging out in New Jersey anytime he can.

We just stole a WR from bagman Craig because "The film did most the talking"

• Like 2

Imagine the silent horror of the non-pumpers (pot bangers). They watch the idiots assume Jimbo can have anybody he wants. They watch DBs avoiding making touchdown saving tackles. They see  the long-term disaster of having a terrible OL.

They see much of what we saw this decade. One difference: they can't fire their coach. They're tied to the mast of the SS Jimbo as the ship begins to stall and take on water. Tied to the mast? They're chained to the goddamn thing and the rest of the crew is happily planning their next shore leave. 

Singing and sawing idiots will be half eaten before they realize that "shore" is the inside of a bull shark.

Look for a few good years of vicious conflict on Texags. 

It will be like CTJ posting something here about the O-Line and having every response be: "Have you ever coached a team to a natty? Didn't think so, pussy."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Imagine the silent horror of the non-pumpers (pot bangers). They watch the idiots assume Jimbo can have anybody he wants. 

Same as it ever was. Except this time, they’ve hamstrung themselves into a ridiculous initial contract. They don’t have to extend it to be in dire trouble such that they won’t be able to buy their failed coach out for years. I’m gurssing it will be at least year 8 until they can afford to buy Jimbo out. Bwahahahahaha!

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I should just make up a few takes on aggie recruits. Perroni can then just plagiarize them, like the unscrupulous fuck that he is, and give his readers something fresh. 

Don’t forget that this guy is a lying piece of shit. It’s just that ATM’s recruiting is in total disarray right now and none of their guys know where anyone is headed. Elko has checked out and has his agent looking around. Several of the other guys are legitimately incompetent. They’re going to have to moneywhip mercenaries to salvage a top 12 finish and they might not pull that off. 

If Elko really is checked out and it's affecting his recruiting, I bet Jimbo is pissed. He'd never stand for a coach that quits on his team and leaves behind a mess when they leave. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Same as it ever was. Except this time, they’ve hamstrung themselves into a ridiculous initial contract. They don’t have to extend it to be in dire trouble such that they won’t be able to buy their failed coach out for years. I’m gurssing it will be at least year 8 until they can afford to buy Jimbo out. Bwahahahahaha!

Or better they turn on Jimbo but unlike sumlin who just took the abuse Jimbo snaps back at the administration and fans and they stupidly try and fire him for cause and thus end up in a massively expensive toxic, and public  legal battle .