A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

https://apple.news/AT2EwYws8T3eu6jzdpFfakw

Was on first page foxnews.  Struggling to post from Spain.  

‘And just in case anyone missed the point, there was this: "The Presidential Election was BADLY and IRREPARABLY TAINTED by the FBI’s fake description of the laptop from hell to FB and Lamestream media. Declare the rightful winner, or hold a new election NOW!"

Time for a little reality check.

There is no provision in the Constitution for overturning an election and putting the loser back in the White House. Nor is there any provision for declaring a new election in the middle of the winner’s term. Who, exactly, would magically make that happen? Congress? The Supreme Court? 

Trump also riled things up by essentially calling for an uprising at the FBI.’

Definitely most scathing Trump article I’ve ever seen on their front page.  And I check every time he is shitting his pants 10/10 losing it.  So about once a week.  

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/30/politics/mar-a-lago-justice-department-response/index.html

Not a terribly yuge update, but posted about 2-3 hours ago.  Thing that stands out to me is they are now capitalizing "The Storage Room at Mar-a-Lago" like it's the flagship restaurant or something.  Not sure if that was the reporter, the editor, or Trump's idea.  "Look...whatever the FBI says...tell the front desk to capitalize Storage Room, okay?  It's a fantastic storage room, massive.  Beautiful, beautiful.  Doors, shelves, massive.  Just super.  Okay, great.  Now onto Melania's bizarre NFT offering..."

• Haha 1

The evidence picture is an absolute stroke of genius.  Words matter, but that single photo means far, far more to the public.  Sure, it's not going to convince your friendly neighborhood red hat wearer, but it damned sure will get the attention of a lot of others who were just casually aware of what was going on at MAL.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/30/politics/mar-a-lago-justice-department-response/index.html
Not a terribly yuge update, but posted about 2-3 hours ago.  Thing that stands out to me is they are now capitalizing "The Storage Room at Mar-a-Lago" like it's the flagship restaurant or something.  Not sure if that was the reporter, the editor, or Trump's idea.  "Look...whatever the FBI says...tell the front desk to capitalize Storage Room, okay?  It's a fantastic storage room, massive.  Beautiful, beautiful.  Doors, shelves, massive.  Just super.  Okay, great.  Now onto Melania's bizarre NFT offering..."

Next month, I bet you can rent it out for $1000 an hour or $7500 a night.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Next month, I bet you can rent it out for $1000 an hour or $7500 a night.

Sadly, you're probably right.  Shit, I know some Democrats that would spend that much to be in there just to soak up the guiltiness of it all.  It'll fetch far more money than the Lewinsky dress did at auction.  "Spend 10 minutes in the storage closet at Mar-a-Lago. Opening bid is $50,000.  Do I hear $60,000?"  Our national security apparatus and nuclear arsenal compromised by someone giving housekeeping $10 to open a storage closet to get more towels.  My fucking god.   

And you know when he says The Storage Room, he pronounces "The" with a long "E"

Edited by YGIFS

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"Agents also observed a wall smeared in finger paint and the FPOTUS, also covered in finger paint, loudly protesting he didn't do it."

FBI Director, "Okay, enough with this talk of a 'smear' campaign against Trump.  We're doing this by the book." 

FBI Agent: "Sir.  I'm not using the term metaphorically.  I mean there's literally a smear of ketchup on some of the documents we collected.  And another smear of finger paint on the wall.  Could be one of the grandkids but the prints actually match Eric Trump, sir."  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

perhaps you're not aware of hunter biden's laptop ?

Rumors are the laptop contains evidence of Hunter secretly bragging about getting politicians to do whatever the hell he wanted them to do. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-bragged-that-his-money-bought-off-politicians-just-not-this-time/2016/09/07/00a9d1e4-750b-11e6-be4f-3f42f2e5a49e_story.html

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

perhaps you're not aware of hunter biden's laptop ?

Essentially the top comment on Fox News story about this.  See also that the DOJ is covering this up by avoiding the special master, or they sat on this so long it obviously wasn’t that serious, etc.  

56 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So was the reporting wrong that trump's lawyer signed the certification that the subpoena was complied with?  This was signed by the "custodian of records," which shouldn't be the lawyer.  Although these are the same geniuses who filed the brilliant motion for a special master, so who the fuck knows.

As happy as these photos and case updates make me...I gotta say if you're the run-of-the-mill dipshit MAGA moron (so that's roughly an IQ of 80)...that photo is just gonna feed the "They obviously planted the evidence.  Not even my grandpappy stores important papers on the carpet like that!"  Even though Trump himself has disavowed the planting bullshit narrative and instead is onto declassification, privilege, and improper discovery.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So was the reporting wrong that trump's lawyer signed the certification that the subpoena was complied with?  This was signed by the "custodian of records," which shouldn't be the lawyer.  Although these are the same geniuses who filed the brilliant motion for a special master, so who the fuck knows.

This is part of a larger thread about the filing

Also a good summary thread:

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Fairly certain I have seen that document with Christina Bobb's signature.  She's not an attorney of record in this thing.

But now, both she and Corcoran are extremely motivated to claim they were misled and that likely increases the proof of Trump acting knowingly.

Corcoran, unlike the rest of the crew, save maybe Trusty, is an actual criminal defense lawyer, but he's not seeming all that sharp here or from the Bannon defense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Hiding stolen docs from the cops along with your passport in the first place the cops are going to look is ultimate Florida Man move. 

Fucking-A, this.   I mean, among many other hallmarks of the decade...two things I associate with the 1980s---Donald Trump (not in a good way) and "Miami Vice" (only slightly better way).  Every other fucking episode is South Florida law enforcement finding sensitive materials about some high-level target of investigation and right fucking next to the printed docs was a fucking passport.  Crockett & Tubbs, we need you more than ever!  

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

C'mon guys. Imagine the hurrying around as Melania and Eric were packing boxes for the trip to Mar a Lago. It was probably getting late. Eric's usually keen mind was a little droopy. Mistakes were made, but it's understandable.

You can barely tell Top Secret documents from newspapers and Big Mac wrappers. I mean just look at them, they're practically camouflaged!

image.png.fcf5d192b5c9dd226e1812307877cc49.png

You can  imagine Ivanka unpacking the boxes in Florida in her dad's office while he sat watching her ass. Ivanka works busily then pauses to consider:

"Let's see. Passports and an address book should go in this drawer. And what are these innocent looking papers? Who can tell? I'll just put them in the same drawer for now until we figure out what they are."

Yea, I asked about this early on when they were floating the “GSA packed and transported it, not us.”  There’s a zero percent chance a GSA employee would see these document cover sheets and not immediately leave the room and call his boss. This evidence removes any chance that this can be blamed on an accident or even negligence. This was intentional espionage. 

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 2:19 PM, Brisketexan said:

Something I truly don't understand.   There are plenty of developers who end up toxic because of the exact shit he pulls, and they go under.  He is the most bulletproof human shitstain I have ever seen.

So crazy that Ms Bobb would risk her law license on the word of trump. I'm consistently caught off guard how a certain group of people just blindly believe someone because of their office and ignore the rest of that person's history. Or she's just a dumb fascist, either way. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The evidence picture is an absolute stroke of genius.  Words matter, but that single photo means far, far more to the public.  Sure, it's not going to convince your friendly neighborhood red hat wearer, but it damned sure will get the attention of a lot of others who were just casually aware of what was going on at MAL.

They were able to release it to public because Trump’s lawyers requested a special master. And there’s this 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

The DOJ doesn’t comment on criminal investigations as a rule, they speak through their filings instead.  So the only way we get any idea of the facts surrounding this bullshit is either from Trump’s PR blitz or court filings. By requesting a special master they allowed the DOJ to lay out Trump’s egregious misconduct for the world to see backed by solid evidence. Just a huge legal and political mistake 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So crazy that Ms Bobb would risk her law license on the word of trump. I'm consistently caught off guard how a certain group of people just blindly believe someone because of their office and ignore the rest of that person's history. Or she's just a dumb fascist, either way. 

She’s already dipped her toes into the RW media grift.  The money is probably better and it’s less work than lawyering, so I doubt she cares about her license if it translates into a permanent gig on FN. 

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thing is, I don't think the lawyers knew.

Christina Bobb, who signed that Certification, was misled, clearly.  Even she is not that stupid.

But they should have known.

Is it common for lawyers to sign off on things as being true that they haven’t personally verified? Especially when their client is a known pathological liar?

Trump’s inability and/or disinterest in reading may help save his ass, because it’s less likely that his fingerprints will be on any document.

Conversely, Trump’s fetish for showing documents to others in a symbolic manner as a show of power, may do him in.

Would be great if he claims he didnt know shit about classified documents, then the state reveals his fingerprints are all over them.

2 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Trump’s inability and/or disinterest in reading may help save his ass, because it’s less likely that his fingerprints will be on any document.

Conversely, Trump’s fetish for showing documents to others in a symbolic manner as a show of power, may do him in.

Would be great if he claims he didnt know shit about classified documents, then the state reveals his fingerprints are all over them.

“That just proves he declassified them!”

-Maga rube

2 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

They were in his safe and closet at his private residence! The government doesn’t need fingerprints 

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Is it common for lawyers to sign off on things as being true that they haven’t personally verified? Especially when their client is a known pathological liar?

No.  I've never seen a lawyer sign a document as the "custodian of records" in the first instance.  That's just odd.  And I have never signed off on whether complete documents have been produced--my client does that.  And that's for legitimate organizations who aren't criming all over the place headed by pathological liars.  First, I would never certify to anything I don't have personal knowledge of.  I have no way of knowing whether a complete response has been produced.  Someone who works with those records specifically and has actual knowledge that complete records were produced has to sign off.  Second, if there was something not produced, and in my case it would almost certainly be an inadvertent error and not something like trump is doing, it would turn me into a witness against my own client.  I would have to testify as to why I signed off on completeness when it wasn't complete, whether I lied, who misled me, etc.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

MAGA insurrectionist on 1/7/21: Wait, you mean I could be arrested for my crimes?

Trump on 8/30/22:  Wait, you mean I could be arrested for my crimes?

He and his base truly are one.

The only reason any of us are still alive is because he and a plurality of his base are absolute fucking morons.  But like Capt. Tupolev, they won't make the same mistake twice.  Next time our country makes this mistake, we're all done for...

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement