A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1.  Establish NATO to maintain a defensive coalition against Russian incursions into Western Europe/North America.

2.  Russia's Soviet Empire collapses, partially due to NATO and internal pressures. 

3.  Decide to leave NATO in tact anyway, even inviting former Soviet satellite countries to enter.

4.  Russia re-emerges and starts several new land wars in Southeast Europe, very close to NATO allies.

5.  For some bizarre fucking reason, now choose to leave NATO.

6.  ???

7.  Profit.

I have that about right fellow liberty-minded patriots?  

The one and only time it was invoked actually.  Good catch.  But I left that out on purpose because Trump will as well, and tens upon tens of millions of Americans will believe that it never happened.  Of all the magic tricks he can pull if he's elected in 2024, dissolving NATO based on a false narrative about what it actually is/did will be one of his greatest.  I often wonder why he doesn't talk more about drawing us down and eventually leaving the Middle East and not starting any more wars on his watch.  Then I grew older, but not wiser.  Why start a foreign war when you can start one at home?  Why spend hundreds of billions to assist our allies when you can invite our enemies onto our shores for free?  

Like others, I wrote many letters to the Corinthians.  Fantastic letters.  But the Corinthians said I had the best words, perfect letters.  

"What were some of the letters about?"

Uh well, you know.  About many things.  Great things.  God, and Israel---who I helped tremendously.  And other things important to the Corinthians like the bible, and that we share a love of fine leather seats.  Lotta great things in those letters.

12 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

To quote DJ Khaled, and another one

RDT_20231023_2215386851871332037554470.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, a quote of decorum from a former President of the United States.

Mark well what the man says and how he says it, for he sets brave and articulate new precedents for civil political discourse regarding the important issues of the day!

Expect future presidential debates to resemble formal dinners of Real Housewives! 

May God bless the United States of America! 

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

The RNC isn't happy with Trump but there is really nothing they do can about him.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/23/politics/trump-rnc-relationship/index.html

The RNC was caught off guard when Trump’s campaign announced last week that it would hold a counterprogramming event the same night as the debate, just down the road from the Miami arena where other Republican candidates would be facing off.

Earlier this month, the former president’s top campaign advisers called on the RNC to “immediately cancel the upcoming debate in Miami and end all future debates in order to refocus its manpower and money” on defeating Democrats in 2024.

The RNC isn't happy with Trump but there is really nothing they do can about him.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/23/politics/trump-rnc-relationship/index.html
The RNC was caught off guard when Trump’s campaign announced last week that it would hold a counterprogramming event the same night as the debate, just down the road from the Miami arena where other Republican candidates would be facing off.
Earlier this month, the former president’s top campaign advisers called on the RNC to “immediately cancel the upcoming debate in Miami and end all future debates in order to refocus its manpower and money” on defeating Democrats in 2024.

Hahaha. Leopard meet face. Face meet leopard.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I would say that it's funny to watch these people learn the lesson that someone like Trump should never in a million years be elected President.... if it wasn't about 50/50 that he will be our next President. 

It’ll only be truly funny when he’s dead.

Cantwait.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Trump wins next year he will ensure that any of the few 2017-21 guardrails will be gone. Cabinet officials won't be vetted or approved by the Senate. They will all be Acting cabinet officials. I fear how the DOJ would act with one of his crazy attorneys as AG. 

Trump is trying to figure out a way to extend the range on his rickety 757 with refurbished engines so he can escape when Rudi and Eastman cop pleas. 

37 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Trump is trying to figure out a way to extend the range on his rickety 757 with refurbished engines so he can escape when Rudi and Eastman cop pleas. 

Just as long as nobody flies a bunch of drones into the turbines while the jet is taking off. That would be terrible.

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Just as long as nobody flies a bunch of drones into the turbines while the jet is taking off. That would be terrible.

Do jet turbines cause the same levels of terminal cancer as wind turbines?  Asking for a friend.  From Mossad.  Who has zero sense of humor.

54 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Do jet turbines cause the same levels of terminal cancer as wind turbines?  Asking for a friend.  From Mossad.  Who has zero sense of humor.

It's not the spinning of fan blades that causes cancer, per se. You see, toxic hydrocarbons offset the cancer-causing elements of wind, which is the real enemy of humanity. I speak from experience as an undergraduate of Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, which is a constantly churning wind fucking machine. But it did build a certain innate sense of empathy in me as I watched architecture and art students holding onto their projects under their arms for dear life walking across that expansive campus, only to see them fly away as 99 Red Balloons Raiders go by.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And that 99 balloons Tech student's name?  You guessed it, Nena Stallone.

I blame her, Pat Benatar, and Siouxi Banshee for my abiding, juvenile love for brooding brunettes, who only look like they'll stab you.

My luck? I somehow fell for a tall, blonde, blue-eyed Aryan who thrust a knife, piercing my poor heart and breaking my soul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

We're still talking about the music video, right?  

No, the poisonous, icy winds* of Lubbock that bring bad tidings, ill omens, and evil spirits.

*Also, cancer-causing unless diluted by jet fuel, motor oil, kerosene, gasoline, or other petrochemical products. 

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I blame her, Pat Benatar, and Siouxi Banshee for my abiding, juvenile love for brooding brunettes, who only look like they'll stab you.

My luck? I somehow fell for a tall, blonde, blue-eyed Aryan who thrust a knife, piercing my poor heart and breaking my soul.

Wendy O Willams? 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Def stabby.

• Drool 3

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

GQP is just completely compromised by the Russians at this point.  The NRA being openly infiltrated by Russians was just the canary in the coal mine.

All those Republicans who spent decades through the Cold War pushing America to stand up to the Soviets, and then 30 years after the Soviet Union collapsed, it's Republicans led by a draft-dodging Democrat-turned-Republican from New York City who will happily hand the keys over to a literal ex-KGB-turned-Russian dictator.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

media.gif.1fed236853bbd1e0112ae56957ead52a.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Ex-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows granted immunity, tells special counsel he warned Trump about 2020 claims: Sources

Meadows Flips

Motherfucking traitor should still hang.

Sources told ABC News that Smith's investigators were keenly interested in questioning Meadows about election-related conversations he had with Trump during his final months in office, and whether Meadows actually believed some of the claims he included in a book he published after Trump left office -- a book that promised to "correct the record" on Trump.

ABC News has identified several assertions in the book that appear to be contradicted by what Meadows allegedly told investigators behind closed doors.

According to Meadows' book, the election was "stolen" and "rigged" with help from "allies in the liberal media," who ignored "actual evidence of fraud, right there in plain sight for anyone to access and analyze."

But, as described to ABC News, Meadows privately told Smith's investigators that -- to this day -- he has yet to see any evidence of fraud that would have kept now-president Joe Biden from the White House, and he told them he agrees with a government assessment at the time that the 2020 presidential election was the most secure election in U.S. history.

• Like 1

I get y'all's frustration, but there is every reason in the world to let every single one of these co-defendants/co-conspirators walk with generous plea deals and every bit of government protection they can be afforded.  Doing so encourages more cooperation from more witnesses and shores up the case.  Because it's so many people so close to Trump event mental gymnastics gold medalist MAGA 'tards will have difficulty thinking this is some deep-state political witch hunt when it's the very people they used to swallow the cum from turning on Trump to save their ass-and people who know the law, at that (not just run of the mill lower level admin folks or voting machine assembly line workers).  

Get everything and anything out there from his own circle to use against him.  Give them whatever they want short of leaving the country.  And when he's lost again and even better, dead and buried.  We will make it our life's work to make sure every single mourning MAGAT knows their names, addresses, telephone numbers, whereabouts, new places of employment, and daily routines...published and updated weekly.  Justice is hard, getting stupid people to kill the traitors of their false idol is a fucking breeze.  Better yet, I bet we can get a half dozen of them to take their own lives in the next few years.  Works out well, don't want to clog the courts with manslaughter trials.  

I promise you...in the end, this going to be way more satisfying than you ever thought your soul was capable of enjoying.  Give them immunity, probation, and a Cadillac.  Because in five years time, I'm going to make sure they're given pills, a bottle of booze, and a handgun.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I get y'all's frustration, but there is every reason in the world to let every single one of these co-defendants/co-conspirators walk with generous plea deals and every bit of government protection they can be afforded.  Doing so encourages more cooperation from more witnesses and shores up the case.

It also makes Trump paranoid as fuck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It also makes Trump paranoid as fuck.

And that's the only thing that can trigger a true narcissistic sociopath into an early grave.  Coupled with running him ragged with a nearly impossible travel schedule for campaigning, media, grift, pretending to run a large real estate empire, dealing with his handlers, court appearances, depositions, trials, bank lender workout meetings, pretending to be a father/grandfather, more legal shit, primaries, more pleas for cash, and being a 78 year old 275 pound tub of shit in a 215 pound bag.......there's a better than 50/50 chance he's dead within 12 months.  If his itinerary doesn't kill him, the Deep Fried State will...

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Motherfucking traitor should still hang.

To some extent, those contradictions are going to ding his crediblity before a jury.

Remember, while we hope a jury is Trumpist free, it's also going to be full of people that are a bit more open-minded about him than we are, and probably less familar with the stupidity of Trumpists.

So, the contradictory statements in his book and in his testimony secured by criminal immunity may be dimly viewed by jurors.

Doesn't seem like there will be a shortage of witnesses with similar or corroborative testimony, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

To some extent, those contradictions are going to ding his crediblity before a jury.

Remember, while we hope a jury is Trumpist free, it's also going to be full of people that are a bit more open-minded about him than we are, and probably less familar with the stupidity of Trumpists.

So, the contradictory statements in his book and in his testimony secured by criminal immunity may be dimly viewed by jurors.

As it should. All of these people are liars of convenience and self promotion or preservation. That's why they're here, in this circumstance in this time. They couldn't help themselves, except to make shit up. 

I fully expect part of the defense against whatever these people say to be:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you are well aware that this person once vehemently presented a position and belief other than what they present now. It is clear they are a liar when it serves their purpose. We don't know what is true from them, nor what is untrue. We do know they have a reason to tell you differently today than what they've told the world for three years. Some would say only fools believed them then. Others will say only folks believe them now. The truth is, none of us can trust them to tell the whole truth. We cannot believe their story either way. These people were not hidden from society. They made their beliefs known for the entire world. Now, however, they're telling you that's not what they believe, because it helps them avoid trouble.  You cannot trust them to be truthful."

I think this is how old boy walks if there is no recording. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Trump bragging to a close source that he took down Emmer. Politico link

By Tuesday afternoon Trump called one person close to him with the message, “He’s done. It’s over. I killed him.”

How much you want to bet that Trump wanted that info to be released? A source doesn't drop a direct quote like that unless the the person behind it, wants it released. Hell, the source could easily be Trump himself.

Trump is the political equivalent of a mafia criminal. He destroys people who do not pay him, either through actual money or absolute fealty. And now he's at the point that even allowing someone in the GOP to win, means that they should bend the knee to Trump because he didn't oppose them.

I have no doubt that we have political bigwigs that have controlled offices and roles in the past but they don't brag about it for the national news.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Slacks said:

As it should. All of these people are liars of convenience and self promotion or preservation. That's why they're here, in this circumstance in this time. They couldn't help themselves, except to make shit up. 

I fully expect part of the defense against whatever these people say to be:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you are well aware that this person once vehemently presented a position and belief other than what they present now. It is clear they are a liar when it serves their purpose. We don't know what is true from them, nor what is untrue. We do know they have a reason to tell you differently today than what they've told the world for three years. Some would say only fools believed them then. Others will say only folks believe them now. The truth is, none of us can trust them to tell the whole truth. We cannot believe their story either way. These people were not hidden from society. They made their beliefs known for the entire world. Now, however, they're telling you that's not what they believe, because it helps them avoid trouble.  You cannot trust them to be truthful."

I think this is how old boy walks if there is no recording. 

There’s prison time attached to lying under oath, if you get caught. Not for lying in a book. He is trying to avoid prison. There will be emails, recordings, or other evidence corroborating his statement. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s prison time attached to lying under oath, if you get caught. Not for lying in a book. He is trying to avoid prison. There will be emails, recordings, or other evidence corroborating his statement. 

While this is true, Slacks is fundamentally right, these people are all lying sacks of shit and just generally lack credibility.

I'm looking forward to the future TV series that will detail out the Trump rise and hopefully fall in national politics. The right people behind this in Hollywood, and it could be the most popular show for a decade or two.

HBO could make it part of the Veep or Curb universe. Curb would be great, even have some crossover opportunities

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm looking forward to the future TV series that will detail out the Trump rise and hopefully fall in national politics. The right people behind this in Hollywood, and it could be the most popular show for a decade or two.

ESPN 30 for 30: What if I told you, and you won't fucking believe it... 

• Hook 'Em 2