Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah, phrasing. And Bohlsish at that. But it's still valid...

I can't tell if Sark just has no adjustability in him, or he doesn't feel the need to change, or what. If your gameplan doesn't include a "what if this doesn't work?" element, how are you going to change the losing game?

Dammit, Sark seems like a really good guy, talks a good plan, cares for the players - hell, cares about errbody - coaches, assistants, fans... Like a lot of you - fuck that, damn near all of you - I really, really want to see him succeed. Not just because that means the team and the school succeeds, but because it's a great pleasure to watch anyone turn their life around and do well.

As long as he never has a press conference where he says "momentum isn't real" I will always support Sark. His playcalling is badass and every coach that follows him says that's why he came. He really showed out that last season at Alabama, I know they had badass players too but damn the scheme was getting them WIDE open constantly.

If we can open things up like that on offense and pass the damn ball to all these awesome wide receivers and Sanders this year we gonna be unstoppable. 

No more two TE sets. No more extra Tackle lined up at TE. Wide open 4 and 5 wide outs and Red could be a killer motion guy since he's a RB/WR type of guy. 

Bijan was our whole fucking offensive plan last year and defenses could lock in. I think Ewers can shred defenses if the formations are opened up a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Dammit, Sark seems like a really good guy, talks a good plan, cares for the players - hell, cares about errbody - coaches, assistants, fans... Like a lot of you - fuck that, damn near all of you - I really, really want to see him succeed. Not just because that means the team and the school succeeds, but because it's a great pleasure to watch anyone turn their life around and do well.

Yeah, I really hope this year is at least 9-3 regular season with a trip to B12 Championship Game...

I too hope SARK learns how to win the tough close games in 2023!!!

Hook 'em 🤘

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

COLIN

SIMMONS 

IT’S ABOUT THE JIMMY’S AND JOE’S AND SARK IS STACKING THE ROSTER!

Yeah, but not entirely.

The original(?) Bobby Bowden quote was along the lines of "It ain't the X's and yhe O's, it's the Jimmies and the Joes."

It's both. Take a great Coach with a team of average players versus a mediocre Coach with great players, and I think the great Coach prevails more often than not. If you put the great coach and the great players on the same team, you have yourself a trophy.

• Hook 'Em 2

Alright Sark, time to Win !!! 🤘

Decent article on Yormark incident...

BIG 12 COMMISSIONER BRETT YORMARK CALLS FOR TEXAS TECH TO ‘TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS’ AGAINST TEXAS, IN LONGHORNS’ REGULAR SEASON FINALE

by TREY WALLACE    August 24, 2023

We all know that Texas and Oklahoma will be the biggest attraction for opposing teams this season in the Big 12. While both teams prepare for a final season in the conference, Commissioner Brett Yormark is having fun at their expense.

The final season for the Longhorns in the Big 12 will lead to teams looking to knockoff Texas as a parting gift on their way to the SEC. So, it really shouldn’t be surpassing that Brett Yormark is having a little fun at the expense of the nearly departed.

One of the funnier moments of the season happened before a whistle was even blown or a flag thrown, thanks to the commissioner.

Speaking on Wednesday, Brett Yormark had a clear message for Texas Tech and head coach Joey McGuire, who will play Texas in its last regular season game in the Big 12.

The heated rivalry game will be played in Austin this season, and if Yormark has his way, Texas Tech will repeat what they did to the Longhorns in 2022.

“Candidly, we were able to get Texas and Oklahoma out of here early. That was a big deal for us and I think all of you,” Brett Yormark mentioned. “And Coach [McGuire], I’m not going to put any pressure on you, but I’m gonna be in Austin for Thanksgiving, okay? And you’d better take care of business like you did right here in Lubbock last year.”

Texas fans were a bit feisty on social media Wednesday night when Yormark’s comments were posted, leading to some fantastic replies.

Don’t Take It Personal Texas, It’s Just Business

I truly hope the Longhorns, and Sooners, don’t take 2023 personal. Both teams decided to leave the Big 12 for the SEC, even buying their way out a year early.

So when it comes to the upcoming season, we’re going to see a number of heated rivalry games on the field. Every member of the Big 12 who isn’t new this season will be out for blood, hoping to prevent Texas from winning a conference title on the way out the door. This will certainly lead to some hostile environments and a bunch of ‘Horns Down’ penalties this year, if Big 12 officials decide they actually care to throw a flag.

GettyImages-1482721207-768x536.jpg

But don’t worry Texas, if your team is good enough, there won’t be some type of huge plan to prevent you from playing for a title. The referees aren’t going to screw you, throw phantom flags or decide the game for you. So just take the trash talk, enjoy the funny memes and opposing teams taking some cheap shots through the media.

Last season, Texas Tech trailed Texas 24-14 at halftime, only to stage a huge comeback, winning 37-34 in overtime. This season, Texas has the most talented team in the Big 12, looking to snap a fourteen year conference title drought.

But if they plan on getting the last laugh, they’ll have to do something that hasn’t been done in a while at Texas, which is finally meet expectations.

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Alright Sark, time to Win !!! 🤘

Decent article on Yormark incident...

Hated rivalry game

Spit Take GIF

The hate flows one direction, dipshit. 

This trey Wallace guy sounds like a fucktard.

Edited by Bevo14

Another week and we'll see what we've got. Watching the Navy-ND game as I type this. It's mid-Q3, 35-0 ND. We should beat Rice at least this badly. I won't be greatly surprised, whether we do or don't. 

As has been bandied about through the post-off-pre-season, there are questions galore for the team, but the biggest question is Sark's ability to handle both HC and OC jobs. All we  know for sure is that he didn't add an OC to the staff, so we're probably going to see the same things on the sideline.

Maybe it's the Peter Principle at work, and Sark needs to go back to just being the OC. He actually seems to be doing a decent job as HC... god nose he's been leading a hell of a recruiting charge... so maybe all he really needs is to hire a first-tier OC.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

If he just hires a great OC and someone to handle game management he will really take off as a HC.  

Agree. If this season turns out meaty ochre again, I'll expect to see at least an OC appear. Depending on performance, a new DC wouldn't be out of the question.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, burdine said:

Thanks for bumping this.  

This is the year Sark shows he has learned to manage both Head Coach and OC or we look for a OC to take some of the load.

Either way, a full program reboot looks pretty unnecessary to me.

You gonna demote Flood?  That seems like a bad idea.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

We still haven’t figured out that Kwiatkowski knows what’s he’s doing?

DFEI rankings at Texas and Washington. I can't believe there are still people questioning PK. Outside of the rebuild year in the first year at Texas, all this guy does is produce top 20 defenses. 

'22: 11th

'21: 50th

'20: Not even including because Washington only played 4 games and were missing a bunch of players due to Covid. 

'19: 17th

'18: 7th

'17: 14th

'16: 5th

'15: 3rd

'14: 18th

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

We still haven’t figured out that Kwiatkowski knows what’s he’s doing?

Not so much that, as that a struggling HC has to sacrifice someone lest he become the sacrifice himself. Sumpin' have to change. An 8-5 season, again, would likely be seen to indicate no real progress.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Not so much that, as that a struggling HC has to sacrifice someone lest he become the sacrifice himself. Sumpin' have to change. An 8-5 season, again, would likely be seen to indicate no real progress.

This is stupid, reactionary nonsense. If Sark produced an 8-5 season with the team having the best defense in the Big 12, removing the defensive coordinator would be a fireable offense.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This is stupid, reactionary nonsense. If Sark produced an 8-5 season with the team having the best defense in the Big 12, removing the defensive coordinator would be a fireable offense.

You modify the premise to be "8-5 but the D is XII Best", and if that is applied, firing PK instead of re-tooling the O would not fly. 

Whether the proximate cause is shit offense or shit defense would determine who gets fired. 

Nah, the premise is purely that another 8-5 is not acceptable, true?  Changes would be required to be made, at least by the people who write checks, true? Or do you think they'd go with keeping on as-is? The problem is that he doesn't have an OC to replace, other than his titular co-OCs. 

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

So, we have figured out that Kwiatkowski knows what he’s doing, but we’re down with sacrificing him for failures that aren’t his? Not sure that’s a better take. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

So, we have figured out that Kwiatkowski knows what he’s doing, but we’re down with sacrificing him for failures that aren’t his? Not sure that’s a better take. 

If we're 8-5 again - or worse - heads should roll. Whose heads depends on the nature of the losses. If it's on the O, that's on the OC... which is Sark himself, and PK probably doesn't get fired by Sark. But if the D just cannot get stops on 3rd and 4th, the DC is fair game, although he might be allowed to replace some of his staff.

If it is indeed O problems causing another average season, Sark will be on a hot hot hot seat. I doubt the big dogs will fire him in his third season, but it's certain there would be changes. Who goes? Flood? Choice? Milwee? Jackson? Banks?  Make a couple or three of those losses be caused by a quarterback who just slammed his hand in a cheerleader, throwing fourteen deep balls to receivers with broken hands, and it could be Sark on the block, but I'd think he would be allowed to stay and have to get an actual OC / play caller and replace Milwee. 

Gonna be an interesting season, anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If we're 8-5 again - or worse - heads should roll. Whose heads depends on the nature of the losses. If it's on the O, that's on the OC... which is Sark himself, and PK probably doesn't get fired by Sark. But if the D just cannot get stops on 3rd and 4th, the DC is fair game, although he might be allowed to replace some of his staff.

If it is indeed O problems causing another average season, Sark will be on a hot hot hot seat. I doubt the big dogs will fire him in his third season, but it's certain there would be changes. Who goes? Flood? Choice? Milwee? Jackson? Banks?  Make a couple or three of those losses be caused by a quarterback who just slammed his hand in a cheerleader, throwing fourteen deep balls to receivers with broken hands, and it could be Sark on the block, but I'd think he would be allowed to stay and have to get an actual OC / play caller and replace Milwee. 

Gonna be an interesting season, anyway. 

In that scenario, maybe it’s reasonable to “suggest” to Sarkisian that he hire an OC if he wants to keep cashing those fat checks. It’s not reasonable to get rid of a guy whose defense isn’t the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, Tex Long said:

I can't tell if Sark just has no adjustability in him, or he doesn't feel the need to change, or what. If your gameplan doesn't include a "what if this doesn't work?" element, how are you going to change the losing game?

I agree.  Might be too stubborn.  Is he a good coach, or only great when his talent is far superior to his opponents??

It's concerning and I want Sark to succeed.

Not sure why the OL and QB are already struggling in game #1 against Rice.   Sark needs to fuckin' adapt and fix this shit -- help his OL and QB have success with better gameplans and playcalling...

Edited by LTtxfan
typo