Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

On 9/18/2022 at 8:51 PM, closetohumping said:

You know I wasn’t a big fan of the hire but I agree with whoever said that we can’t judge him fully until the line and Ewers are older 

I hated the hire, but everything he has done since (except losing 6 in a row) and how he has represented Texas has made me really hope he is the guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, jinx said:

I hated the hire, but everything he has done since (except losing 6 in a row) and how he has represented Texas has made me really hope he is the guy. 

I hope I am vindicated - I wasn't excited by the hire, but I really liked his offense and could see past the limitations last year (OL, Casey Thompson, offense leaving the defense out to dry in 2nd halves).  His recruiting has been great, he seems to "get" Texas and he isn't a fucking asshole like Herman. 

I didn't jump off the bandwagon after last season - really felt like he walked into a shit show and did the best he could. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Cooterhorn said:

It seemed like a weak set of games for Coaching overall, but the fact that Jimbo and the ags beat a "higher ranked" Miami team, and Jimbo isnt even on the list is less assholish. 

No one who watched that game would think Jimbo was a top performing coach last week.  If there was a bottom 10 list from last week, Cristobal would likely be 1st or 2nd.  Miami lost that game offensively more than Jimbo "17 point offensive explosion" won it. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No one who watched that game would think Jimbo was a top performing coach last week.  If there was a bottom 10 list from last week, Cristobal would likely be 1st or 2nd.  Miami lost that game offensively more than Jimbo "17 point offensive explosion" won it. 

Who watched that game?

• Haha 1

Seems like a great guy, amazing offensive mind, but it doesn’t matter if you lose and give up leads in the second half.  Very pleased so far this season. He clearly calls a great game, talent level is on the rise.  You start taking over 3rd and 4th quarters and the sky is the limit.  
Liking what I see in the cohesion of the team and the confidence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not a fan of going 5-7, but Sark's 5-7 team would beat the dog shit out of Mack's 5-7 2010 team.

In watching how they played last year, I could tell that with just a few things going in the right direction that would have been a 7 or 8 win team and except for the Arky and Iowa St. games were also pretty fun to watch, and you can't say that about any of Mac's last few teams, any of Charlie's teams, and only one or two of Herman's teams.

Also you don't have any of Mack's thin skinned laziness (at the end), Charlie's gross incompetence, or Herman's bewildering game planning, douchiness, and debilitating personal issues.

But more than anything, for the first time in a long time, I actually feel like we have a coach that actually knows what he doing.

Truth is he can still greatly improve based on how the whole season goes. Not a good look to lose in Lubbock but it’s year 2 and he lost his QB less than 15 minutes into the season. This team should have won today and didn’t but we all expected a couple of losses let’s be real. No Tech wasn’t one of them but we didn’t expect Ewers to go down like he did. Shit sucks, better things to do on a Saturday blah blah, believe me I’ll take advantage now but he can still move in the right direction with a win next week instead of moving into a 5 game losing streak or worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, troph said:

Not a good look to lose in Lubbock but it’s year 2 and he lost his QB less than 15 minutes into the season.

It's year 1 for McGuire, who also lost his starting QB to injury. It was year 1 for Lance Leipold last season, who also lost his starting QB to injury.

Funny how these excuses keep coming up for Sark, but not for the coaches who are beating him with inferior talent.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It's year 1 for McGuire, who also lost his starting QB to injury. It was year 1 for Lance Leipold last season, who also lost his starting QB to injury.

Funny how these excuses keep coming up for Sark, but not for the coaches who are beating him with inferior talent.

Oh don’t mistake me for an apologist. I’m actually in the I don’t give and haven’t given a fuck for a long time camp. I’ll go crush some reds on a fly rod in the flats and actually have a more enjoyable fall because of this. All I’m saying is shit happens but the whole season will be how he’s graded and should be graded. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if Sark is going to work out or not. Hell, the only person I know is a good coach is Nick Saban. Everyone else seems like they are good until they aren't. 

But I will say I just like the guy from what I see on interviews. 

On 9/24/2022 at 6:53 PM, satyanash said:

Can someone get this guy a tissue.  

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I see in the AAS that Sark has his South Austin house up for sale at $7.5 million.

"Drew Tate, an Austin real estate broker who has the listing, said Sarkisian and his family have already moved into a newly built home that is a better fit." 

"It's basically the same size, the layout is a bit more suited to what they were looking for," said Tate, who is with Tate Property.

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-football-coach-steve-sarkisian-165353807.html

Edited by LTtxfan