Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Gotta win to get the recruits, but gotta get the recruits to win.

In some ways, the ceiling for the Class of 24 is already set. Getting to 9 or 10 wins last year would have helped with a few of these recruitments. Beating Alabama and/or getting to the Big 12 CG would have been huge. We have to hope most of our targets are willing to wait until after the season before committing to someone else. For some, it's already too late.

Winning 10 games AND winning the Big 12 CG are necessary to get the Class of 25 we all hope for.

Is this some sort of game? Why would I ever be near either of those places of my own free will. 
For the record, I guess I’d rather be dead in Round Rock than alive in Pflugerville. 
From a quantum perspective, being in Pflugerville means you'll be between a rock and weird place, so...options?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m about to be driving through all kinds of small towns in the southeast for a few weeks. I’ve told my wife that one lunch on one day, whichever day, is a certainty. We’re stopping at a fucking Zaxby’s. I’ve been seeing their commercials for years and never been near one to my recollection. I assume it is a hillbilly Chili’s, and I feel the once in a lifetime need to confirm that. 

If you're road tripping around the Deep South, you should definitely stop by Raising Cane's, Zaxby's, and Slim Chickens. Then report back to us which one is best. 

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m about to be driving through all kinds of small towns in the southeast for a few weeks. I’ve told my wife that one lunch on one day, whichever day, is a certainty. We’re stopping at a fucking Zaxby’s. I’ve been seeing their commercials for years and never been near one to my recollection. I assume it is a hillbilly Chili’s, and I feel the once in a lifetime need to confirm that. 

They have them off 290,249 and in the woodlands. It’s just Canes with a more broad menu. Get a wings n things combo, I like the hot honey mustard but get extra zax sauce for the fries and tenders

23 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

If you're road tripping around the Deep South, you should definitely stop by Raising Cane's, Zaxby's, and Slim Chickens. Then report back to us which one is best. 

Zaxbys 

Canes

every other chicken place ever

slim chickens

• Haha 4

No point in melting down over Micah Hudson.  It’s a position that has abundance of talent in the high school ranks and portal and one that Texas has recruited very well since Sark has gotten here.  Not sure what Sark can do if the kid decides to pick Lubbock as a legacy and chooses to be coached by a RB coach instead of going to the likes of Texas, Ohio state, Georgia etc.  Good luck to the kid.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Wasn’t Tech going to throw stupid NIL$ at Quinn but he knew better than to go there.  Micah may just want the cash.  Really no other reason to choose Tech as a 5*.  It will be interesting to see how it works out for him. 

Edited by stork642

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Wasn’t Tech going to throw stupid NIL$ at Quinn but he knew better than to go there.  Micah may just want the cash.  Really no other reason to choose Tech as a 5*.  It will be interesting to see how it works out for him. 

He's a legacy. They have a good recruiting staff and are well placed to win the new Big XII. They can match NIL. Don't aggy it up.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

It feels like 2 or 3 people are coming from conversations on angstier boards or ones that are way more into Micah Hudson as a must-have than most of surly is.

I really like Hudson, but if we do miss on him I don’t think it tanks our class by any means. Receiver and QB are the positions I am least worried about under Sark.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

...are you really making multi-stop fast food fried chicken trips?

Haha. If they’re right next to each other, you might as well. 

Despite the aggy thing, I really like Layne’s. Chick fil-a quality tender and the sauce in the same location. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Yeah I have always found them super bland. I don’t get it. 

Heres the reason everyone should hate Canes. Their tenders , while bland, are nice and juicy. 

Why?   Because they harvest them from younger chickens. 

Now while i dont concern myself with the life cycle and harvesting practices of comapnies. What i do have a problem with is what happens to the rest of the young ,SMALL!, chickens. 

They end up everywhere. Wingstop?  Pigeon wings. Popeyes, little ass legs and thighs. 

You can find them all over. You pay for a meal, and get about half the mass youd usually get, because you bought a 3 piece , and you get Canes tiny leftovers!  

It aint right, i tell ya!  Down with Canes!!!

6 hours ago, BornOrange said:

Gotta win to get the recruits, but gotta get the recruits to win.

In some ways, the ceiling for the Class of 24 is already set. Getting to 9 or 10 wins last year would have helped with a few of these recruitments. Beating Alabama and/or getting to the Big 12 CG would have been huge. We have to hope most of our targets are willing to wait until after the season before committing to someone else. For some, it's already too late.

Winning 10 games AND winning the Big 12 CG are necessary to get the Class of 25 we all hope for.

Was this cut and pasted from TexAgs?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls