Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

21 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

and then RT'ing someone asking him to transfer at halftime of a 50-7 beatdown? No, we will not.

quick reminder: he apologized and the team accepted his apology.

Texas cornerback Kris Boyd apologized Sunday for being on Twitter during halftime of an embarrassing 50-7 loss to No. 3 TCU, when he passed along a suggestion that he transfer to Texas A&M.

The freshman retweeted what amounted to an invitation from an apparent supporter of the Aggies, a rival the Longhorns don't play anymore. The tweet read, "Whenever ya'll (sic) are ready to transfer ... we're ready. #Gig'em."

In a statement issued by the university, Boyd said he "personally" apologized to coaches and teammates and said he wanted to "extend my sincerest apology to all of the Longhorn fans and family and everyone at UT."

"In no way did I intend to be disrespectful or disloyal," Boyd said. "I deeply regret my actions and want to reassure everyone that I am 100 percent committed to this team and program. I promise everyone that I will learn and grow from this."

+

"Something like that, Kris has got a lot of heart," Heard said. "He's going to speak his mind whenever he needs to. I'm not doubting Kris."

if you don't think his time trolling A&M as a recruit or his last 3 years at Texas were worth a damn due to a tweet that he apologized for, then just go migrate back to the football board. you will be much happier there.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

quick reminder: he apologized and the team accepted his apology.

+

if you don't think his time trolling A&M as a recruit or his last 3 years at Texas were worth a damn due to a tweet that he apologized for, then just go migrate back to the football board. you will be much happier there.

25 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Calm down, buddy, I didn't care at all about any of it. Just another of the Strong-era shitstorms.

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

image.thumb.png.7c368d27fb292406b53f9b7f9eb7d319.png

Please go fight about this Strong-era bullshit on the football board. 

And then, for the lulz, looks like Uber Driver is active in the Sunshine State ... 

- first, someone posts this:

Screenshot_20230717_204608_Discord.jpg

And ... 

image.thumb.png.dbfb197f97fd06e1e128138d05d6f455.png

(Presumably means Jeremiah Smith, the 5 star receiver who is committed to Ohio State.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Getafix said:

!!!

SIAP 

Now contrast

No championship trophies or heisman trophies featured as they entered. The main thing in that video is SEC commenting on expanding their footprint. By the way We're Texas and ya'll are the SEC. Del Conte please never produce a lame ass video like the one aggy produced.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Shit using aggy math, if we turned our one possession losses into wins, we would have had records of:

2022 - 12-0

2021 - 10-2

2020 - 10-0

2019 - 11-2

2018 - 13-1

2017 - 12-1

2016 - 10-2

Thats-not-how-this-works GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Idk I kind of like it. Let's go ahead and claim a couple national championships for 2020 and 2022.

It’s too bad the aggy season didn’t happen in reverse. They would have opened the season with a win against LSU which would have given aggyland early national championship hopes. From there their season falls apart in spectacular fashion as they close out the season ending their bowl hopes with an embarrassing loss to App State. Aggyrollercoaster.thujone 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hmmm. I guess he included the patented Jimbo FG with 10 seconds left to cut it to a 1 possession game vs South Carolina. Jimbo called time out on 1st and goal to kick a FG with 13 seconds left.. That was just amazing. JImbo thought it would be easier to score a TD on the onside kick than 1st and goal. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

All of this is speculative and coming from multiple places, so, as always, take it with a few grains of salt. As of yesterday, priorities for uncommitted players are as follows, in the correct order:

-Simmons: Texas will not lose this recruitment due to NIL.

-Robinson: Forget the rankings. Florida has forgotten the rankings too. This one is a big deal.

-McKinley: Texas does not want to lose this recruitment. The risk on this one is his actual love of football, because the tools are all there. 

-Baker: Oregon's conference is a problem, but you are still in a fucking NIL fight with Oregon. Ohio State has apparently bowed out. They've exhausted most of what they can promise elsewhere. Did the same for Jackson once OU stepped up.

-Wingo: There is a shot someone goes nuts on this one, but short of that, Texas has made the best case.

-Mack: Yes, Mack. 

-Lindsey: Auburn is not fucking around. Neither is Miami. ATM matched the best offer discussion but the player isn't excited about ATM. Texas has to decide how much of a priority signing 5 DT/NT types this cycle. January is not expected to contribute as a freshman. Hills is high upside and a talent and effort maximizer, but his physical gifts aren't on the same level as the uncommitted guys.

-Black: If ATM or Bama make a big play here, Texas is fine at CB. If all things are in the same ballpark, Texas is fine getting him to sign on the line which is dotted. 

That's it in terms of anything big. Feel good about Omeozulu and Gipson. It's going to be a very interesting finish to the summer. I'm interested to see if anything else pops up above the norm, like one of the OLs becoming a priority. Seems unlikely, but not crazy. If Texas lands Lindsey, some priorities got shifted.

Texas would not rank Hudson as a priority above a normal recruitment at this point in time, barring whiffing on Wingo and Hudson suddenly getting religion late in the cycle.

Good to hear about Simmons....IMO he's a talent/prospect that we desperately need on campus. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

All of this is speculative and coming from multiple places, so, as always, take it with a few grains of salt. As of yesterday, priorities for uncommitted players are as follows, in the correct order:

-Simmons: Texas will not lose this recruitment due to NIL.

-Robinson: Forget the rankings. Florida has forgotten the rankings too. This one is a big deal.

-McKinley: Texas does not want to lose this recruitment. The risk on this one is his actual love of football, because the tools are all there. 

-Baker: Oregon's conference is a problem, but you are still in a fucking NIL fight with Oregon. Ohio State has apparently bowed out. They've exhausted most of what they can promise elsewhere. Did the same for Jackson once OU stepped up.

-Wingo: There is a shot someone goes nuts on this one, but short of that, Texas has made the best case.

-Mack: Yes, Mack. 

-Lindsey: Auburn is not fucking around. Neither is Miami. ATM matched the best offer discussion but the player isn't excited about ATM. Texas has to decide how much of a priority signing 5 DT/NT types this cycle. January is not expected to contribute as a freshman. Hills is high upside and a talent and effort maximizer, but his physical gifts aren't on the same level as the uncommitted guys.

-Black: If ATM or Bama make a big play here, Texas is fine at CB. If all things are in the same ballpark, Texas is fine getting him to sign on the line which is dotted. 

That's it in terms of anything big. Feel good about Omeozulu and Gipson. It's going to be a very interesting finish to the summer. I'm interested to see if anything else pops up above the norm, like one of the OLs becoming a priority. Seems unlikely, but not crazy. If Texas lands Lindsey, some priorities got shifted.

Texas would not rank Hudson as a priority above a normal recruitment at this point in time, barring whiffing on Wingo and Hudson suddenly getting religion late in the cycle.

Just wondering if the staff regrets "conceding" Blocton (On3's words)

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Just wondering if the staff regrets "conceding" Blocton (On3's words)

were the millers no ragrets GIF

IMO that showed confidence in the other prospects that we currently have committed as well as the ones CTJ listed. Especially with Oklahoma using a good chunk of their budget for Jayden Jackson....

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

JImbo thought it would be easier to score a TD on the onside kick than 1st and goal. 

No he just knows 99% of people don't remember how the game was played, they only remember the final score. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

No he just knows 99% of people don't remember how the game was played, they only remember the final score. 

I have seen him do this several times. I believe he called a couple timeouts on the last drive vs Bama a couple years ago to bring the margin to 20 pts or something. 

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Seems like another data point that McKinley may be Alfred Collins 2.0. 

I mentioned that awhile ago. Gerry kept hinting about McKinley. He has said he is like Collins in more way, than just talent. He explicitly mentioned motor or drive, but that was the 1st thing that came to mind. 5 star talent with a questionable desire to maximize it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Seems like another data point that McKinley may be Alfred Collins 2.0. 

This has been a trend for several of the top DT's the past few cycles it seems. Immensely physically gifted, but drive may not be there. Was the same thing for that DT that signed with A&M last cycle whos dad was driving the recruitment. Hicks I think?

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

This has been a trend for several of the top DT's the past few cycles it seems. Immensely physically gifted, but drive may not be there. Was the same thing for that DT that signed with A&M last cycle whos dad was driving the recruitment. Hicks I think?

Yup

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls