Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

There is literally an entire board dedicated to this bullshit. GTFO. We're getting a commit today

No we need to argue more about the thing a few nice Belmont grads made using market research to design something people would feel the need to argue about without actually changing anyone's mind or accomplishing anything.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

No we need to argue more about the thing a few nice Belmont grads made using market research to design something people would feel the need to argue about without actually changing anyone's mind or accomplishing anything.

Translation: Welcome to the Internet. 

- Anna Adams (Clemson 247) reiterated her Clemson call.  Her note is below.  If I look at her position and Roach's, and their tone, they are clearly hearing something pretty definitive from their sources.  Question is how good their sources are on their intel?  Has Gipson been positive enough that both staffs assume they're getting him?  (Roach's ability to interpret intel is just about zero.)

- The current Horns 247 guys ... don't think they know much.  And they're waffling.

- And then there's On3.  Think Eric reiterated his Texas call yesterday.

Let's hope the sources who fed the "Ohio State vs Clemson, Texas is running third" stuff to Roach are off, and Eric and the IT guys are correct .

The Clemson 247 note from this AM.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ddb8edfe0111add7d8260791ad0385ee.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Yes this is true.

My nephew is being recruited by LSU and he’s being offered an NIL deal with a free 1978 Pinto for all 4 years, unlimited Gumbo at Ralph and Kacoo’s, 24 Nutria pelts, 4 Raccoon fur hats, a free 18 foot airboat, an accordion with free Zydeco lessons, and a miniature pet alligator.

This hits close to home.  When I was a kid the family was headed to Disney when the Bonneville broke down in Baytown.  Undeterred the 5 of us regrouped and jumped into the Pinto Wagon and hooked it to Florida.  It was like Lord of the Flies in that back seat.  At one point I was wishing someone would rear end us and end the suffering.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- Anna Adams (Clemson 247) reiterated her Clemson call.  Her note is below.  If I look at her position and Roach's, and their tone, they are clearly hearing something pretty definitive from their sources.  Question is how good their sources are on their intel?  Has Gipson been positive enough that both staffs assume they're getting him?  (Roach's ability to interpret intel is just about zero.)

- The current Horns 247 guys ... don't think they know much.  And they're waffling.

- And then there's On3.  Think Eric reiterated his Texas call yesterday.

Let's hope the sources who fed the "Ohio State vs Clemson, Texas is running third" stuff to Roach are off, and Eric and the IT guys are correct .

The Clemson 247 note from this AM.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ddb8edfe0111add7d8260791ad0385ee.png

Man, someone is going to look like an idiot.  Hopefully it is Mike Roach.

• Hook 'Em 2

We're in a fight today for Robinson, but no reason to feel negative. I'm not basing this on any insider info, just by gut, but if we're not really offering anything over the top for Gipson, clemson might. That one feels more like a see-saw to me, or at least vulnerable to a late scoop by Clemson. Maybe they threw money on the table now and that's why the Clemson mods are so confident? Guess we'll find out Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

"At this time," is a good phrase for this recruitment. If we land his commitment today he's one of those types we will have to keep recruiting through signing day. 

Yep, but that's big boy recruiting. We thought Derek Williams, Mitchell and Baxter would be very bumpy rides til signing day last year and there really wasn't too much drama. This staff seems to do a good job of keeping the guys they want in the boat.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yep, but that's big boy recruiting. We thought Derek Williams, Mitchell and Baxter would be very bumpy rides til signing day last year and there really wasn't too much drama. This staff seems to do a good job of keeping the guys they want in the boat.

Williams had a lot of behind the scenes drama I believe. The other two were blessedly chill.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Williams had a lot of behind the scenes drama I believe. The other two were blessedly chill.

I do remember towards signing day there was the drama about if he was going to sign early or stretch it to February and visit Miami (I think), but for a borderline 5-star kid out of Louisiana it was relatively low stress.

Robinson would be huge. He is at a need position. This has become one of the more important recruitments in this cycle. Might be one of the few times I care more about getting a 3 star, than a top 100 player. Both would obviously be better

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We're in a fight today for Robinson, but no reason to feel negative. I'm not basing this on any insider info, just by gut, but if we're not really offering anything over the top for Gipson, clemson might. That one feels more like a see-saw to me, or at least vulnerable to a late scoop by Clemson. Maybe they threw money on the table now and that's why the Clemson mods are so confident? Guess we'll find out Saturday. 

Downside of Tennessee getting Mike Matthews yesterday is that their chief competitor was Clemson, so that might free up Clemson’s budget to up the ante on Gipson. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Downside of Tennessee getting Mike Matthews yesterday is that their chief competitor was Clemson, so that might free up Clemson’s budget to up the ante on Gipson. 

But Dabo doesn’t believe in NIL

• Haha 7

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls