Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

My first thought was Kobe Black as well. I hadn't seen a timeline for him recently, and would counter and perceived momentum from the aggy pool party. Having him publicly spurn aggy and bayou aggy would be nice. However I'm not sure if Black would turn down the appearance fee.

I mean, let's think about this. Is aggy going to land Simmons at the pool party? No, definitely not. Hill was out of the blue last year, but he had much more perceived interest in aggy at that point than Simmons does. 

So what other recruit that we're both in it for will be the summer surprise? McKinley? Risky...LSU has more success flipping committed in-state prospects than we do. We've basically conceded Hudson and Bussey to "not us", so no big splash there. Ivy wouldn't be a momentum builder. 

If we are pushing for Black to commit and skip it, that would be why. If he makes it to the pool party, Black is the odds on favorite to be their annual summer acquisition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've seen chatter that they wanted to make Bussey their pool party surprise. While we who follow have "conceded" Bussey to them, I still think it makes enough of a splash to satiate their fan base and drive their hype machine. A 5star athlete to play WR is right up their alley as an overspend. 

36 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The ON3 Florida guy also said that Robinson had told him it was Texas earlier this week and everyday leading up to the announcement. The guy that is pissed is that board's version of ctj.

There's a web-footed, gator-rasslin, cajun version on CTJ?  Pics please!

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If the staff trusted a recruit enough, would it be fun optics to have them show to the aggy pool party and then commit to Texas the day or week after?

My memory is fuzzy, but didn't this happen with someone visiting to Texas under Herman? Or maybe it was strong. A kid was openly recruiting for Arky while on campus. Either that or it was someone recruiting to Texas while visiting at Arky.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

My memory is fuzzy, but didn't this happen with someone visiting to Texas under Herman? Or maybe it was strong. A kid was openly recruiting for Arky while on campus. Either that or it was someone recruiting to Texas while visiting at Arky.

IF I remember correctly, it was a Texas recruit visiting Ark.. I believe you are thinking about the LSU recruit that was recruiting Chaisson. 

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

i think that was Kary Vincent Jr who was super pro LSU being in K'Lavon Chaisson's ear about LSU on their shared Texas OV.

didn't Demarco Cobbs fight someone for doing this when he was a player host on a recruit's OV to Texas in the early 2010s?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i think that was Kary Vincent Jr who was super pro LSU being in K'Lavon Chaisson's ear about LSU on their shared Texas OV.

didn't Demarco Cobbs fight someone for doing this when he was a player host on a recruit's OV to Texas in the early 2010s?

that is the one. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One commitment that could pop at any time is Omeozulu. It’s a matter of Texas clarifying some things for the family. When that happens, a commitment will follow or suddenly he’ll be trending towards not Texas. 

you keep saying Omeozulu. I don't think you know what that player's name is.

Edited by tejas60
trashmaster g deterent.

21 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Choice says it don't make a shit.  

Dude just took a 3* QB and coached him up to a 4th round draft pick at RB. That's called player development. Don't get me started on Bijan. We'll be fine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I checked all our classes in 247 and couldn't find anyone. Oh well. I distinctly remember it bring Arky and not the Chaisson saga.

For some reason Eric Cuffee is who pops to mind when I think of this & I remember it being at an Arky OV as well.

• Hook 'Em 8

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls