Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus fucking christ man. I'm not going to neg you, but for like the dozenth time in the last week to various posters, let me be fucking clear to you and everyone else on the board:

NO ONE IS EVER GOING TO GIVE ANYONE HERE OR ELSEWHERE DETAILS ABOUT A PLAYER'S FUCKING DEALS. NO ONE IS EVER GOING TO GIVE DETAILS ABOUT JACK SHIT. 

If you had a fucking A to B financial relationship with someone, like say a banker, and they fucking spilled the details of your financials and compensation for the world how the FUCK would you feel about it? How the fuck would the player and his family feel about that happening? How the fuck would that influence recruiting to Texas moving forward? How is this not COMPLETELY common sense to every single person on this board? Jesus fucking Christ, it's like I'm playing card's with my fucking sister's kids. 

Stop asking. You don't have a right to know shit. 

Noted! Was merely asking for the hypothetical mechanics of such things, and not for any specific details here. 

2 minutes ago, MisterP said:

Are you fucking dumb? 22k posts and you cant figure out that McKinnely, Black, Wingo, Baker, and every 5 star were on for arent going to notice this and say OK. We have a pretty mediocre class and this gets the attention. Momentum is a thing. You FUCK.

All those recruits you listed are ones we have been in on, known commodities. None of those are the answer to the questions I asked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Get a room. Or a closet. Or the backseat of a Prius with dirty Mike and the boys. But please stop smearing your love affair all over this thread. 

Dont be homophobic you degenerate. I know you would suck dick for a championship year 1 in the SEC.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They can get fucked all the way back to Harvey Williams thru Kary Vincent's bullshit and Ben Wilkerson and K'Lavon Chaisson and Jamal Adams and Harold Perkins and on and on and on. Get the fuck out of Texas and feel free to look east to Georgia and Florida to fill out your roster.

Harvey Williams is a damned legend in my book.

image.png.0f8ea7724b13745db1d54da9943c75b7.png

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I wonder what recruits his commitment open up for us? Is there someone we thought we weren't going to get that comes back into the fold? 

TyAnthony Smith is one that comes to mind that I would like another crack at. Jonah Ojanye and Justin Williams are probably gone, but closing out on Mack, McKinley, Black, and Wingo would be amazing. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

All those recruits you listed are ones we have been in on, known commodities. None of those are the answer to the questions I asked. 

I will give you Black and McKinnely. But if you think that the other 5 stars were coming here on there own to make a statement you're as dumb as CTJ makes you out to be. 

11 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

I never said Texas was confident.  I said Colin knew how this was going to go.  Now was it a foregone conclusion we weren't gonna step on our own dick ala Herman alienating people or something going sideways with NIL expectations?  No.

As for waffling on bad news?  Nahling never got antagonistic like he did with Gipson or Gibson or however you say his name.  That's Nahling waffling.  Roach?  The guy is the very definition of deliberate and methodical.  Currently though he might be a better bet then Fong though.  Gerry and Bobby never waivered.

My point though was barring a Tom Herman esque screwup, Simmons knew where he was going long before last night.

Gerry and Bobby waivered. I promise. For good reason and we’re all good. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Texas Wahoo said:

full text and followup xeet

image.png.6c64462c143b75307e449af70f05f32a.png

i think the likability factor between Sark and Brian Kelly is a grand canyon sized gap. probably close to the Sark to Tom Herman likability gap. and up there with the Ed O to Brian Kelly gap.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I know that guys isn’t Carl, because Carl doesn’t believe there are any hot women on the Texas campus. 

was that carl or the guy who got his recruiting info from the 7-11 guy? or were those two accounts the same guy?

Edited by NoName

Would be interested to hear y'alls thoughts or opinions, but if we were ranking guys left on the board in terms of importance I'd probably go:

1. Black

2. Baker

3. McKinley

4. Mack

5. Wingo/Hudson

6. Solomon Williams/Okoye

7. Zina

-As unpopular as it may be, I almost put Baker #1. Getting a high profile OT in the pipeline who could see the field early seems pretty important considering everyone at tackle outside of Cam Williams is a major project at this point and we have only 1 year left of Christian Jones and 2 years of Banks.

-I sometimes forget we only took 1 true corner last cycle so Black holds the top spot for me. Him and Santana Wilson would be a great haul and adding Mack would be the cherry on top.

-Would obviously love Wingo and/or Hudson but with the number of quality receivers who enter the portal each year it's hard for me to get super hung up on either of their recruitments.

-We definitely need another quality DT in the class and McKinley would be a big win, but with 3 quality DT's already committed and 0 OT's committed give me the high level OT.

-As has been talked about before, I'm pretty indifferent on Zina. I prefer Williams and Okoye but would be satisfied with 2 out of 3 in any combo.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Nothing To Add said:

Fuck lsu. I’ve been on that campus and seen where that tiger lives. Nicest residence in the entire state. Go cry in the swamp you nutria eating sister banging regards

image.gif.d9392fc22086acafeb84364bd3e10da2.gif

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Would be interested to hear y'alls thoughts or opinions, but if we were ranking guys left on the board in terms of importance I'd probably go:

1. Black

2. Baker

3. McKinley

4. Mack

5. Wingo/Hudson

7. Zina

-As unpopular as it may be, I almost put Baker #1. Getting a high profile OT in the pipeline who could see the field early seems pretty important considering everyone at tackle outside of Cam Williams is a major project at this point and we have only 1 year left of Christian Jones and 2 years of Banks.

-I sometimes forget we only took 1 true corner last cycle so Black holds the top spot for me. Him and Santana Wilson would be a great haul and adding Mack would be the cherry on top.

-Would obviously love Wingo and/or Hudson but with the number of quality receivers who enter the portal each year it's hard for me to get super hung up on either of their recruitments.

-We definitely need another quality DT in the class and McKinley would be a big win, but with 3 quality DT's already committed and 0 OT's committed give me the high level OT.

-As has been talked about before, I'm pretty indifferent on Zina. I prefer Williams and Okoye but would be satisfied with 2 out of 3 in any combo.

The staff values Mack higher than Black.  The top 3 are probably Baker, Mack, Wingo. 

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

1. Black

2. Baker

3. McKinley

4. Mack

5. Wingo/Hudson

7. Zina

Personally I’d put Baker and McKinley as 1a and 1b. We need to stack elite line talent with the impending SEC move.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

My sources are telling me Texas is in a much stronger position with Colin Simmons after today. This one is going to the wire. We'll continue to monitor the situation as it develops. 

Roach sock confirmed. Thought you were Karl Havoc this entire time

1 hour ago, MisterP said:

I'm going to fuck anything that breasts tonight boys!

Jabba the Ketch is about to have those cheeks clapped

1 hour ago, BruceVonClaude said:

MisterP has to be Futureman's alt account...or cousin.

10000% Carl 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

image.gif.d9392fc22086acafeb84364bd3e10da2.gif

The staff values Mack higher than Black.  The top 3 are probably Baker, Mack, Wingo. 

McKinley, Wingo, Mack. Lots of questions about Baker and Balck…also that lsu chick gif gives me the biggest fear boner ever

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Nothing To Add said:

Fuck lsu. I’ve been on that campus and seen where that tiger lives. Nicest residence in the entire state. Go cry in the swamp you nutria eating sister banging regards

Counterpoint:  the most fun I’ve ever had at a non-Texas college football game was when they knocked off the #1 ranked Florida team coached by Spurrier.  Roommate’s dad went to LSU and invited us to go with him.  Crazy town would be an understatement.  It was what I imagine going to a Brazil/Argentina soccer match in Rio or Buenos Aires would be like.

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls