Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Roach sock confirmed. Thought you were Karl Havoc this entire time

Jabba the Ketch is about to have those cheeks clapped

10000% Carl 

McKinley, Wingo, Mack. Lots of questions about Baker and Balck…also that lsu chick gif gives me the biggest fear boner ever

She'll fuck your brains out and then burn down your house. Might be worth it 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I agree but that's Cutty

The guy who says it in the clip, that I appropriated in my post, is Slim Charles. Cutty complains that "the game done changed" like the LSU and Bama babies are whining.

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Would be interested to hear y'alls thoughts or opinions, but if we were ranking guys left on the board in terms of importance I'd probably go:

1. Black

2. Baker

3. McKinley

4. Mack

5. Wingo/Hudson

6. Solomon Williams/Okoye

7. Zina

-As unpopular as it may be, I almost put Baker #1. Getting a high profile OT in the pipeline who could see the field early seems pretty important considering everyone at tackle outside of Cam Williams is a major project at this point and we have only 1 year left of Christian Jones and 2 years of Banks.

-I sometimes forget we only took 1 true corner last cycle so Black holds the top spot for me. Him and Santana Wilson would be a great haul and adding Mack would be the cherry on top.

-Would obviously love Wingo and/or Hudson but with the number of quality receivers who enter the portal each year it's hard for me to get super hung up on either of their recruitments.

-We definitely need another quality DT in the class and McKinley would be a big win, but with 3 quality DT's already committed and 0 OT's committed give me the high level OT.

-As has been talked about before, I'm pretty indifferent on Zina. I prefer Williams and Okoye but would be satisfied with 2 out of 3 in any combo.

As SC already referenced, Mack is higher on the board than Black. That said, I can't 100% say that he's viewed as more important, simply since Black is a Texas player. It's probably splitting hairs and they want both. Whether anyone else sees it this way or not, they have Wilson as high on the board as either other guy.

Much like WRs, there's a belief that if they need help at any DB spot, the portal can sort deficiencies for the roster. 

As to priorities, mine are different than what I'm sure UT's are, but I'd go this way:

1) Baker

2) Williams - this guy is a late riser and he's the typical underrated, underdeveloped, tough as nails Florida HS guy that has helped UF, FSU, Miami, Auburn, UGA, and Bama over the years in ways that we've envied. People are really high on him and he's a Bama priority too, apparently. 

3) Okoye - we need two difference maker ends in this class and one of Williams or Okoye helps complete the bookends.

4) Mack

5) Black

6) Wingo

7) McKinley - I've said my piece on this one. There is a very high ceiling but it is accompanied by a very low floor. 

8-12) Other guys that they like who fill any perceived gaps, particularly on the OL. Also, any guys that suddenly decide to reconsider Texas that Texas really likes.

In any event, I am not sure why you guys keep listing Hudson on things like this. Guys like Nahlin or Ketchum bringing Hudson up are truly just doing it to drive clicks. 

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

image.gif.d9392fc22086acafeb84364bd3e10da2.gif

The staff values Mack higher than Black.  The top 3 are probably Baker, Mack, Wingo. 

I think I've mentioned this here before, but I had a woman from LSU working for me. In a conversation at lunch, she tells a group of us that she was an LSU meme on the Internet due to a camera shot catching her reaction at a football game. Immediately, some of the guys in her peer group run off and scour the web for her. For the life of me, I cannot find it now. Something like LSU Sad Girl or something. Anyway, the key is, I would rate this woman a 10. I don't use that number almost ever. Outside of her having gone to LSU, I can't point out any other flaws. Tall, beautiful, exotic, extremely well built, extremely nice and funny, and surprisingly smart. Her Internet existence sadly got covered up by the psycho broad you posted. 

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Seems to be a lot of positive NIL talk on the 9.95 sites today. A few mods have posted links to the Texas One Fund website and people are commenting saying they are donating. Love to see it.

Good reminder for anyone here who is just now realizing that landing guys in today's landscape doesn't happen without help: 

https://www.texasonefund.org/main-donate

Any level helps. Pick Football if you want it go to football. Set up multiple subs if you like multiple sports and have the extra dough. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The guy who says it in the clip, that I appropriated in my post, is Slim Charles. Cutty complains that "the game done changed" like the LSU and Bama babies are whining.

As SC already referenced, Mack is higher on the board than Black. That said, I can't 100% say that he's viewed as more important, simply since Black is a Texas player. It's probably splitting hairs and they want both. Whether anyone else sees it this way or not, they have Wilson as high on the board as either other guy.

Much like WRs, there's a belief that if they need help at any DB spot, the portal can sort deficiencies for the roster. 

As to priorities, mine are different than what I'm sure UT's are, but I'd go this way:

1) Baker

2) Williams - this guy is a late riser and he's the typical underrated, underdeveloped, tough as nails Florida HS guy that has helped UF, FSU, Miami, Auburn, UGA, and Bama over the years in ways that we've envied. People are really high on him and he's a Bama priority too, apparently. 

3) Okoye - we need two difference maker ends in this class and one of Williams or Okoye helps complete the bookends.

4) Mack

5) Black

6) Wingo

7) McKinley - I've said my piece on this one. There is a very high ceiling but it is accompanied by a very low floor. 

8-12) Other guys that they like who fill any perceived gaps, particularly on the OL. Also, any guys that suddenly decide to reconsider Texas that Texas really likes.

In any event, I am not sure why you guys keep listing Hudson on things like this. Guys like Nahlin or Ketchum bringing Hudson up are truly just doing it to drive clicks. 

I think I've mentioned this here before, but I had a woman from LSU working for me. In a conversation at lunch, she tells a group of us that she was an LSU meme on the Internet due to a camera shot catching her reaction at a football game. Immediately, some of the guys in her peer group run off and scour the web for her. For the life of me, I cannot find it now. Something like LSU Sad Girl or something. Anyway, the key is, I would rate this woman a 10. I don't use that number almost ever. Outside of her having gone to LSU, I can't point out any other flaws. Tall, beautiful, exotic, extremely well built, extremely nice and funny, and surprisingly smart. Her Internet existence sadly got covered up by the psycho broad you posted. 

Not her?

image.gif.ae1ac9ad30e4059fe5edbf55651b9ad6.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 3

I’m more of a drop a couple g’s every so often kind of guy, so went ahead and dropped a couple hundred to slowly start to refill the coffers as a way of saying thank you to those that pull way more than their weight.

One I max out SS contributions next month I’ll throw some more. Thank you to the rich bastards that made #ColinBatonRouge just a funny tagline and future joke. 

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Fuck. I shouldn't have said a thing. You fucking people. 

She's "exotic" in the cajun way. Dark complexion, long sandy blonde curvy hear, and big, dark eyes. 

Maybe it wasn't sad girl, but I checked "beautiful LSU football fan" and couldn't find it either. Maybe she had it scrubbed.

Oh, I’m sure she has had it scrubbed…..more than once

• Haha 2

Are you fucking dumb? 22k posts and you cant figure out that McKinnely, Black, Wingo, Baker, and every 5 star were on for arent going to notice this and say OK. We have a pretty mediocre class and this gets the attention. Momentum is a thing. You FUCK.
Class only seems mediocre because several of our commits inexplicably received ratings drops after they committed. You know, the opposite of what aggy believes. At the end I'd be very surprised if we aren't top 10, and overall better quality than Herman's #4 class. (Iirc 2019)
  • Hook 'Em 1

Noted! Was merely asking for the hypothetical mechanics of such things, and not for any specific details here. 
If you want actual numbers lurk at texaggy.com or tiger droppings. IDK about the corndogs, but a lot of aggy seem to have this "well connected tee yew insider" that gives them the 411.

Just now, ousux said:
2 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:
Noted! Was merely asking for the hypothetical mechanics of such things, and not for any specific details here. 

If you want actual numbers lurk at texaggy.com or tiger droppings. IDK about the corndogs, but a lot of aggy seem to have this "well connected tee yew insider" that gives them the 411.

The aggies still seem to honestly believe that Quinn Ewers got $4M. Liucci made that number up out of whole cloth and tweeted it, and the aggie faithful have parroted it ever since. I can say that it was absolutely made up and Ewers got nothing close to that, including from the corporate side. 

Now, might he this season? Only if there are some big corporate deals he's working. Some of the stars do go into the millions, like Bijan, when they're constantly in the highlights.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The aggies still seem to honestly believe that Quinn Ewers got $4M. Liucci made that number up out of whole cloth and tweeted it, and the aggie faithful have parroted it ever since. I can say that it was absolutely made up and Ewers got nothing close to that, including from the corporate side. 

Now, might he this season? Only if there are some big corporate deals he's working. Some of the stars do go into the millions, like Bijan, when they're constantly in the highlights.

Frankly, I enjoy these ridiculously exaggerated numbers.  The PSYOP to our opponents can be just as useful as the actual NIL agreement.  The unknown is terrifying.  Fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

What a great day for Texas football but let’s not forget those who may be suffering unspeakable trauma and heartache.  Someone should probably call in a well check for 6th Street and Satya.  

It’s welfare check you stork dork. You obviously don’t deal In Affordable housing like me?

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls