Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Listen to everything you just typed. 247 posters and Parker Thune

Maybe it’s really a bidding war, if so we wouldn’t hear it directly it would be dog whistles like driving distance, and people that are involved behind the scenes would be pissed and pointing fingers at programs making ridiculous offers, etc.

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Maybe it’s really a bidding war, if so we wouldn’t hear it directly it would be dog whistles like driving distance, and people that are involved behind the scenes would be pissed and pointing fingers at programs making ridiculous offers, etc.

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dominick might have picked up some negotiating tactics from Colin Simmons

McKinley isn’t an NIL recruitment. They want him to make his pick and know that he’ll get taken care of when he gets to campus. It’s actually a smart and sophisticated approach. 

I think anyone bullish covering this one for any school is full of shit. That said, last night I said I still thought he’d commit to Texas on 9/1. I no longer feel any level of confidence. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 7

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

McKinley isn’t an NIL recruitment. They want him to make his pick and know that he’ll get taken care of when he gets to campus. It’s actually a smart and sophisticated approach. 

I think anyone bullish covering this one for any school is full of shit. That said, last night I said I still thought he’d commit to Texas on 9/1. I no longer feel any level of confidence. 

rooster teeth wtf GIF by Achievement Hunter

• Haha 6

Gonna be some interesting battles down the stretch considering who is left on the board. McKinley, Black, Baker and Wingo all 5 stars. Throw in high 4-star Wardell Mack who seems softly committed to Florida at best and of course the other 4-star guys out there like Okoye, Solomon Williams and I guess Umeozulu. 

Just gotta land our fair share. Won't get them all.

43 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gonna be some interesting battles down the stretch considering who is left on the board. McKinley, Black, Baker and Wingo all 5 stars. Throw in high 4-star Wardell Mack who seems softly committed to Florida at best and of course the other 4-star guys out there like Okoye, Solomon Williams and I guess Umeozulu. 

Just gotta land our fair share. Won't get them all.

ERRRRR.... EVERYBODY!!!!!

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Didn't Thune have to take a break from his honeymoon like a week ago to apologize to the fanbase for incorrectly predicting someone to OU?  And suddenly his word is gospel again?  Fucking recruiting dorks.

Don't forget that a day later he got into a slap fight with one of the other OU sites and came out looking like a jackass. Honestly shocking he's still employed.

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Reasons not to freak out

• No mods on any site have entered new picks, or flipped their existing picks afaik.
  • Fong reiterated Texas over the field this morning.
  • McKinley is a 5* DT and the finalists include baggy, blOitalloninteriorlinemenU, a perennial playoff team, and hometown favorite LSU. This was always going to get more interesting before it ended. 

Wake me up if the picks start flipping

unBRIElievable 

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Reasons not to freak out

• No mods on any site have entered new picks, or flipped their existing picks afaik.
  • Fong reiterated Texas over the field this morning.
  • McKinley is a 5* DT and the finalists include baggy, blOitalloninteriorlinemenU, a perennial playoff team, and hometown favorite LSU. This was always going to get more interesting before it ended. 

Wake me up if the picks start flipping

This would seem like cause for concern on this player, no?

18 minutes ago, NoName said:

to be fair he is very interested in computer science and i heard that they just got the new 486's installed over there!

It is so rare that academics really comes into play in recruiting battles. 

According to QS Rankings on Computer Science (P5 schools):

1. Stanford

2. Cal

3. Washington

4. UCLA

5. Illinois 

6. Texas

7. Michigan

8. Maryland

9. Purdue

10. Duke

11. Wisconsin

12. Penn State

13. UNC

14. Texas A&M

15. MSU

16. ASU

17. Northwestern

18. Rutgers

19. Indiana

20 Ohio State

Based on the final 3. I dont think academics is the key component in this recruitment or at least in the sense that many here understand academics to mean

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Another thoughtful response.  

I have thoughtful resposnes on this board all the time. But your posts aren't automatically worthy of a thoughtful response no matter how insightful you believe them to be, chooch. To the rest of us, they're literally just you talking to yourself outloud about what qualifies as "acceptable" academic considerations for a High School kid, written in the most robotic manner possible. 

Just a heads up, and completely unrelated, but I don't want you to miss it. Wapner comes on at 4. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

26 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It is so rare that academics really comes into play in recruiting battles. 

According to QS Rankings on Computer Science (P5 schools):

1. Stanford

2. Cal

3. Washington

4. UCLA

5. Illinois 

6. Texas

7. Michigan

8. Maryland

9. Purdue

10. Duke

11. Wisconsin

12. Penn State

13. UNC

14. Texas A&M

15. MSU

16. ASU

17. Northwestern

18. Rutgers

19. Indiana

20 Ohio State

Based on the final 3. I dont think academics is the key component in this recruitment or at least in the sense that many here understand academics to mean

i just dont get the love for Stanford. Comparing their academics to Texas's and Im just not seeing it. Ok, fine they are in cool NorCal but is that any better than the ATX? and i mean WTF is a cardinal? private school vs public? no comparison. at the end of the day, i think Texas just comes out ahead of Stanford in every measurable. i deem this question of which is better, Texas or Stanford, resolved once and for all. thank you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I have thoughtful resposnes on this board all the time. But your posts aren't automatically worthy of a thoughtful response no matter how insightful you believe them to be, chooch. To the rest of us, they're literally just you talking to yourself outloud about what qualifies as "acceptbale" academic considerations for a High School kid, written in the most robotic manner possible. 

Just a heads up, and completely unrelated, but I don't want you to miss it. Wapner comes on at 4. 

Lines like that must kill on the play ground. I'd expect more from someone who gets CTJ his coffee. 

Just now, Codaxx said:

Lines like that must kill on the play ground. I'd expect more from someone who gets CTJ his coffee. 

Ha, speaking of 3rd grade level insults. This is one of my favorites around here, the folks who toss it around as if it hurts my feelings or gets anything other than a laugh out of my ass. It's inevitably used by the least imaginative and shitty posters here, Spider2yBanana and Futureman ilk. So congratulations on the august company, good sir. If only cdt23 hadn't migrated to Orangebloods or 247 before seeing this, he'd be so proud of you. 

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls