Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

23 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

His height and he isn’t a burner. He's a football player though.

Coach Flight was on OnTexas and said he ran a sub 11.0 100 as a sophomore. If that is true, he has plenty of speed 

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Zina standing out at the UA game. 

Also lulz at the ags losing two of the top 10. 

The aggys lost even more. Missouri is on an upward trend. Freeze will out recruit elkp and with us and OU joining the SEC, the aggys are moving down 4 more spots and maybe even more.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

The aggys lost even more. Missouri is on an upward trend. Freeze will out recruit elkp and with us and OU joining the SEC, the aggys are moving down 4 more spots and maybe even more.

true-truth.gif

plus the 6 or 7 million a year on their books to jimbo for the next 7? years has to affect their ability to spend in other areas. There’s no way they just eat that money without some belt tightening, irrespective of what they might state publicly. 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

plus the 6 or 7 million a year on their books to jimbo for the next 7? years has to affect their ability to spend in other areas. There’s no way they just eat that money without some belt tightening, irrespective of what they might state publicly. 

Looks we’re all gonna be getting even more Edward Jones come ons or “look how low your home insurance costs could be” letters.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Our DL/edge class is much better than the rankings. Some of these guys are probably going to get a bump though. 

Yep.  Zina has been getting lots of praise (Simmons has an ankle injury and isn't playing).  All three of our DL takes had outstanding Sr seasons.  Still can't believe only one of the services has January as a 4*.

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Dominic McKinley Kees performing well. Maybe the general copium that he sucks and lacks a motor isn’t super true. Wonder what went south with that recruitment

What went south in that recruitment? The first sentence of your post, the fact his mom didn’t like him playing and living in a big city like Austin, and the fact his mom asked how coaches would coach her son…without raising their voice or profanity or being “mean.” Tex said peace out. 

talent wasnt the problem. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

What went south in that recruitment? The first sentence of your post, the fact his mom didn’t like him playing and living in a big city like Austin, and the fact his mom asked how coaches would coach her son…without raising their voice or profanity or being “mean.” Tex said peace out. 

talent wasnt the problem. 

I guess that’s what I’ve seen for why he chose A&M but I don’t think it explains why he flipped to LSU. If we were really in it until the end when he picked aggy, then we should have been the natural backup option. Sark had an in home scheduled but postponed it “strategically” until after the cfp. Maybe this commit should be taken with a grain of salt since he hasn’t sent in a NLI, I think.

7 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I guess that’s what I’ve seen for why he chose A&M but I don’t think it explains why he flipped to LSU. If we were really in it until the end when he picked aggy, then we should have been the natural backup option. Sark had an in home scheduled but postponed it “strategically” until after the cfp. Maybe this commit should be taken with a grain of salt since he hasn’t sent in a NLI, I think.

I’m not sure how you’re missing what is being played out here. We stopped pushing. His parents also made a big deal about travel time between their younger blue chips HS games for on Friday and college games Saturday. Texas and ATM are a wash, but LSU isn’t. Plus the pressure on LA kids having in state pressure, I feel like it’s a pretty easy picture to understand when Texas stopped pushing. 

we were a distant second, if not third. We stopped pushing. Sark cancelled his in home because among other things our read on the kid and his mom. Read the writing on the wall. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I really hope we take Alex Foster.  I like his senior HUDL.  He has a really good frame, long arms, and moves very well for his body type. He's very nimble on his feet and reminds me of Sweat in that way.  I think he's a perfect last DL take.  Put some good weight on him and you could have something very nice in a couple seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

LSU folks up until a few weeks ago weren’t even pining for the guy due to shitty performance the last part of the season. I think they were chasing him in part to continue some momentum on the recruiting trail. Perhaps he can help close Bussey for them as well.

Besides, LSU’s defense has got to be desperate for playmakers. Based on what CTJ has posted above we need to be thankful he’s going to a conference opponent.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

LSU folks up until a few weeks ago weren’t even pining for the guy due to shitty performance the last part of the season. I think they were chasing him in part to continue some momentum on the recruiting trail. Perhaps he can help close Bussey for them as well.

Besides, LSU’s defense has got to be desperate for playmakers. Based on what CTJ has posted above we need to be thankful he’s going to a conference opponent.

That and after all the shit aggy has thrown at them the last 5 years or so, they absolutely want to make sure they can inflict maximum carnage on their roster and recruiting class. You can tell LSU is giggling like a drunk school girl knowing that they can continue to fuck with aggy with the clusterfuck that is their hiring of Melko has been.